Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40 41
This sounds like it could be interesting. I was never one to participate in PVP on most games, but spectating would be great...looking forward to more news about this! Great job FR team!
This sounds like it could be interesting. I was never one to participate in PVP on most games, but spectating would be great...looking forward to more news about this! Great job FR team!
sYJ7QdI.png
[quote name="yukitsukihana" date="2019-08-21 10:11:30" ] How will clanbound apparel work? The genes work because they can only be used once, but apparel can be put on and taken off. And making a dragon wear permanent apparel is a bad idea for several reasons. [/quote] @yukitsukihana "Clanbound" just means the apparel cannot be sold or traded away from your account; it doesn't mean the apparel would be forever locked on whatever dragon it's been used on.
yukitsukihana wrote on 2019-08-21 10:11:30:
How will clanbound apparel work? The genes work because they can only be used once, but apparel can be put on and taken off. And making a dragon wear permanent apparel is a bad idea for several reasons.

@yukitsukihana

"Clanbound" just means the apparel cannot be sold or traded away from your account; it doesn't mean the apparel would be forever locked on whatever dragon it's been used on.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
This is neat and all, but leaderboards? Oh boy, fun.

Now I have nothing against leaderboards, but as someone who doesn't like competitive sides to things (IF it can be called that), I don't particularly like the idea of a leaderboard.

BUT DON'T FORGET; That's just my opinion.

Nothing
about this update needs changed because of my- or anyone else's- opinion.
This is neat and all, but leaderboards? Oh boy, fun.

Now I have nothing against leaderboards, but as someone who doesn't like competitive sides to things (IF it can be called that), I don't particularly like the idea of a leaderboard.

BUT DON'T FORGET; That's just my opinion.

Nothing
about this update needs changed because of my- or anyone else's- opinion.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
On mobile so I can’t quote but I’m also 100% on board with what @/Alphazi said

I was iffy about the vistas but remembered that they’re already awarded to specific users for specific things so I’m all good on that end but I think the apparel is a really bad idea.

I’ll also be sure to put in my two cents when a suggestions thread pops up.

But the apparel will undoubtedly be locked out to a lot of users who play casually and create what could potentially be a hostile coliseum environment because some people just know they can’t afford the time to build strong teams.

Maybe I’ll need some convincing but as it stands, exclusive anything outside of vistas I think is a very bad idea.

This may not be a gacha but PvP in gachas are known as some of the most toxic environments and I’d hate for FR to follow suit.
On mobile so I can’t quote but I’m also 100% on board with what @/Alphazi said

I was iffy about the vistas but remembered that they’re already awarded to specific users for specific things so I’m all good on that end but I think the apparel is a really bad idea.

I’ll also be sure to put in my two cents when a suggestions thread pops up.

But the apparel will undoubtedly be locked out to a lot of users who play casually and create what could potentially be a hostile coliseum environment because some people just know they can’t afford the time to build strong teams.

Maybe I’ll need some convincing but as it stands, exclusive anything outside of vistas I think is a very bad idea.

This may not be a gacha but PvP in gachas are known as some of the most toxic environments and I’d hate for FR to follow suit.
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
[quote name="SpaceRobotWifi" date="2019-08-21 09:47:30" ] [center][quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-08-21 09:31:57" ] C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end [/quote] [quote name="skarpetky" date="2019-08-21 09:41:57" ] This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound! [/quote] Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all [i]know[/i] the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset. And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then [i]no one[/i] would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has. [/quote] This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses
Quote:
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-08-21 09:31:57:
C-clanbound apparel for participating in PvP? Ghhghgjdj what if I'm bad at PvP and anxious but want to get that apparel? I'd suggest you give us the ability to sell those... I've never gotten in a PvP battle on FR so i have 0 clue how that would even work

But i am pretty curious to see how it turns out in the end
skarpetky wrote on 2019-08-21 09:41:57:
This is cool, but I think I would prefer the apparel you get from winning to not be clanbound!

Ye I was really excited until I saw this. Y'all know the PvP powerhouses will hoard the rights to earn/buy these exclusive items, should they be implemented as clanbound. They'll be immovable from their rank by the common user, thus preventing anyone else from obtaining them unless we get, say, a weekly or even monthly leaderboard reset.

And heaven forbid these items be retired and replaced at some point if clanbound. Then no one would be able to get them. Please keep your customization system open and unfettered by exclusivity: it's the best trait this site has.

This exactly is what will happen and as a person who doesn't enjoy PVP at all would try it simply for the perks but no hope of ever getting them because of the 'stack' rate of powerhouses
tyPEH8B.png
YESSS
YESSS
XsgAS6Q.png
‎‏‏‎‏‏‎» FR+2
‎‏‏‎‏‏‎» any pronouns

FHFYmxV.gifFHFYmxV.gifFHFYmxV.gif
Admittedly, 'balance changes' had me nervous, since I'm just getting started and spent some serious (to me) treasure under the assumptions of the current system - but I'm far too hype for the rest of this for it to register anymore. P-V-P, P-V-P, P-
Admittedly, 'balance changes' had me nervous, since I'm just getting started and spent some serious (to me) treasure under the assumptions of the current system - but I'm far too hype for the rest of this for it to register anymore. P-V-P, P-V-P, P-
custom rules sound awesome! an option to ban elims honestly would make me really happy
...i hope the ranked match system does load faster & more reliably than the old one, though
custom rules sound awesome! an option to ban elims honestly would make me really happy
...i hope the ranked match system does load faster & more reliably than the old one, though
- order
Exciting! I hope that the apparel is something that can be bought and used outside of the coliseum!
Exciting! I hope that the apparel is something that can be bought and used outside of the coliseum!
Echoing others concerns here about clanbound apparel. I think getting them as a reward for climbing the ranks is nice enough, I see no need for it to be clanbound, and that just locks people out of getting some potentially awesome apparel (battle apparel? weapons? yes? i need so much of that). I'm not someone who'd ever be comfortable doing PvP, possibly not even amongst friends. As it is I very rarely step foot in the coli at all.

It's not like the people winning these things are missing out if it isn't clanbound. If they want the apparel, then yay! They get nice apparel. If they don't, then can get some money for it, and someone else can use the apparel that was just gonna sit in that person's hoard anyway (a la the issue with the clanbound goat vials, where people who don't want/like the goat eye type have been stuck with these vials they are never in their life going to use).

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this! It's nice to get an update on this after a while.
Echoing others concerns here about clanbound apparel. I think getting them as a reward for climbing the ranks is nice enough, I see no need for it to be clanbound, and that just locks people out of getting some potentially awesome apparel (battle apparel? weapons? yes? i need so much of that). I'm not someone who'd ever be comfortable doing PvP, possibly not even amongst friends. As it is I very rarely step foot in the coli at all.

It's not like the people winning these things are missing out if it isn't clanbound. If they want the apparel, then yay! They get nice apparel. If they don't, then can get some money for it, and someone else can use the apparel that was just gonna sit in that person's hoard anyway (a la the issue with the clanbound goat vials, where people who don't want/like the goat eye type have been stuck with these vials they are never in their life going to use).

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this! It's nice to get an update on this after a while.
LogoL.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 40 41