Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Parallel genes carry over w breed change
1 2 3 4 5
Support.
Support.
I guess this would be nice, but it’d be a shame for all the people who breed changed a dragon with opal to gaoler and they now have to buy it when people changing dragons with opal now don’t. Also, I was under the impression that parallel gaoler genes were cheaper BECAUSE you might have already spent money on the modern version before.

But if this was just available from the start and they were never going to be more parallel genes I think I’d support it. Right now I don’t.
I guess this would be nice, but it’d be a shame for all the people who breed changed a dragon with opal to gaoler and they now have to buy it when people changing dragons with opal now don’t. Also, I was under the impression that parallel gaoler genes were cheaper BECAUSE you might have already spent money on the modern version before.

But if this was just available from the start and they were never going to be more parallel genes I think I’d support it. Right now I don’t.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2019-06-08 11:35:22" ] I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes [/quote] this,it's kinda like paying only 500g for your modern bee
DragonSage wrote on 2019-06-08 11:35:22:
I wouldn’t mind if they carried from modern to ancient but cannot support the opposite direction as ancient genes are cheaper than modern genes
this,it's kinda like paying only 500g for your modern bee
anniversary_separator.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-06-09 08:03:32" ] ... To prevent people from taking advantage of the cheaper Gaoler parallel genes and then breed-changing to Modern, I have a couple of suggestions: 1. Moderns keep their parallel genes when breed-changed to Ancients, but not the other way around. (So a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Spiral would keep its genes when turned to a Gaoler, but a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Gaoler would have its genes set to Basic when turned to a Spiral.) 2. Parallel scrolls are retired, and we only have the regular gene scrolls. I don’t understand why we need both regular “Bar” and “Bar (Gaoler)” when... they both apply the Bar gene. Why not just retire “Bar (Gaoler)” and have the regular Bar scroll be applicable to Gaolers as well? I would especially emphasize this point if multiple future Ancients share parallel genes with each other. I don’t really see the need to clog up the MP and Baldwin with 7 versions of Bee, 6 versions of Underbelly, and 4 versions of Pinstripe. Having a single Bee scroll that can be used on all breeds (Modern and Ancient) that have Bee available to them makes the most sense to me, personally. — NOTE: I can see this potentially being confusing, as there would be no indicator that the gene can be applied to specific Ancients. However, I do feel like the benefits- reducing MP clutter and allowing shared parallel genes to transfer with Ancient/Modern breed changes- outweigh the downsides. If someone buys the wrong gene, they can definitely resell it and buy the right one, or trade scrolls with someone else. Plus, the Scrying Workshop lists all available genes for any given breed, so players have an easy, fast, on-site resource to look at to make sure that a Glimmer/Stripes/Daub/etc. scroll can be used on their dragon. [/quote] This is pretty much my position (though if the second suggestion is implemented, then the first is unnecessary) As far as the people who had to re-buy Opal or other gem genes, I think there are two things that could come in play... yes, they spent funds, but far less than geneing any other dragon with those genes. Also, they got to have the gene before any other people did, which does count for something (I would support refunds for people who regened their dragons within two weeks or so, though- that's the exalt return deadline, so it makes sense for a cutoff for this too).
Ningyo wrote on 2019-06-09 08:03:32:
To prevent people from taking advantage of the cheaper Gaoler parallel genes and then breed-changing to Modern, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Moderns keep their parallel genes when breed-changed to Ancients, but not the other way around. (So a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Spiral would keep its genes when turned to a Gaoler, but a Tiger/Facet/Underbelly Gaoler would have its genes set to Basic when turned to a Spiral.)

2. Parallel scrolls are retired, and we only have the regular gene scrolls. I don’t understand why we need both regular “Bar” and “Bar (Gaoler)” when... they both apply the Bar gene. Why not just retire “Bar (Gaoler)” and have the regular Bar scroll be applicable to Gaolers as well?

I would especially emphasize this point if multiple future Ancients share parallel genes with each other. I don’t really see the need to clog up the MP and Baldwin with 7 versions of Bee, 6 versions of Underbelly, and 4 versions of Pinstripe. Having a single Bee scroll that can be used on all breeds (Modern and Ancient) that have Bee available to them makes the most sense to me, personally.

— NOTE: I can see this potentially being confusing, as there would be no indicator that the gene can be applied to specific Ancients. However, I do feel like the benefits- reducing MP clutter and allowing shared parallel genes to transfer with Ancient/Modern breed changes- outweigh the downsides.

If someone buys the wrong gene, they can definitely resell it and buy the right one, or trade scrolls with someone else. Plus, the Scrying Workshop lists all available genes for any given breed, so players have an easy, fast, on-site resource to look at to make sure that a Glimmer/Stripes/Daub/etc. scroll can be used on their dragon.

This is pretty much my position (though if the second suggestion is implemented, then the first is unnecessary)
As far as the people who had to re-buy Opal or other gem genes, I think there are two things that could come in play... yes, they spent funds, but far less than geneing any other dragon with those genes. Also, they got to have the gene before any other people did, which does count for something (I would support refunds for people who regened their dragons within two weeks or so, though- that's the exalt return deadline, so it makes sense for a cutoff for this too).
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

In order to prevent confusion, they could come up with symbols that can be added to the tooltip. Not big ones as now, but just smaller ones.

That way, if say not all ancients can use the same modern genes, it will be easier figure out which breeds can use which genes.

However, if all ancients will be able to use the modern scrolls (ie, since Opal can be used by gaolers, it means that ALL ancients will be able to use Opal), then they would only need two symbols, one for genes that can be used on modern dragons,, and one for genes that can be used on ancient dragons (for ancient specific genes like weathered, they can keep the 'gaoler' distinction)

I would prefer the second suggestion, get rid of duplicate gene scrolls and only have one.

In order to prevent confusion, they could come up with symbols that can be added to the tooltip. Not big ones as now, but just smaller ones.

That way, if say not all ancients can use the same modern genes, it will be easier figure out which breeds can use which genes.

However, if all ancients will be able to use the modern scrolls (ie, since Opal can be used by gaolers, it means that ALL ancients will be able to use Opal), then they would only need two symbols, one for genes that can be used on modern dragons,, and one for genes that can be used on ancient dragons (for ancient specific genes like weathered, they can keep the 'gaoler' distinction)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. It seems like such a weird choice to not do this.
Support. It seems like such a weird choice to not do this.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-08-19 08:54:44" ] I would prefer the second suggestion, get rid of duplicate gene scrolls and only have one. In order to prevent confusion, they could come up with symbols that can be added to the tooltip. Not big ones as now, but just smaller ones. That way, if say not all ancients can use the same modern genes, it will be easier figure out which breeds can use which genes. However, if all ancients will be able to use the modern scrolls (ie, since Opal can be used by gaolers, it means that ALL ancients will be able to use Opal), then they would only need two symbols, one for genes that can be used on modern dragons,, and one for genes that can be used on ancient dragons (for ancient specific genes like weathered, they can keep the 'gaoler' distinction) [/quote] This All of this Right now, I haven't had an instance of this happening, because the only gaolersI have were re-gened from scratch with mostly ancient genes But as more and more ancient breeds get relased, this is just going to become a big overlap and cause confusion, which is not ideal I've already seen way too many threads of ppl buying the wrong version of a gene
Jemadar wrote on 2019-08-19 08:54:44:
I would prefer the second suggestion, get rid of duplicate gene scrolls and only have one.

This
All of this

Right now, I haven't had an instance of this happening, because the only gaolersI have were re-gened from scratch with mostly ancient genes
But as more and more ancient breeds get relased, this is just going to become a big overlap and cause confusion, which is not ideal

I've already seen way too many threads of ppl buying the wrong version of a gene
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad.

Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example).

Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe
I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad.

Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example).

Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe
Reviving this because I have an Imp girl: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71878664][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/718787/71878664_350.png[/img][/url] who'd look gorgeous as an Aether: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=149&breed=22&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=153&winggene=149&wings=43&auth=4e6ed3e228dbabbe603dbaa647d4313b3ee4356d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I know there would be problems with it, especially since so many ancients have been released now, and Ancient genes are cheaper than Moderns, etc. etc., I just wish...
Reviving this because I have an Imp girl:

71878664_350.png

who'd look gorgeous as an Aether:

dragon?age=1&body=43&bodygene=149&breed=22&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=103&tertgene=153&winggene=149&wings=43&auth=4e6ed3e228dbabbe603dbaa647d4313b3ee4356d&dummyext=prev.png

I know there would be problems with it, especially since so many ancients have been released now, and Ancient genes are cheaper than Moderns, etc. etc., I just wish...
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
[quote name="Churrell" date="2019-08-24 21:21:32" ] I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad. Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example). Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe [/quote] Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all. And that's fine. Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure.
Churrell wrote on 2019-08-24 21:21:32:

Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all.

And that's fine.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5