Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Social anxiety?
1 2 3 4 5
Anybody else dealing with some bad social anxiety? I can't make/don't have any friends 'cause of it. If someone sends me a message i'll easily spend an hour thinking & retyping a response then if they don't respond for awhile my brain will panic & be like "did I say something wrong? Was I rude?" Or if I get a lot of notifications I'm like "oh god what did I do wrong now?"

While if I'm out in public and somebody says a simple hello and I say hi back I spend the rest of the week wondering did i sound rude? Was I too loud? Were they even talking to me?
Anybody else dealing with some bad social anxiety? I can't make/don't have any friends 'cause of it. If someone sends me a message i'll easily spend an hour thinking & retyping a response then if they don't respond for awhile my brain will panic & be like "did I say something wrong? Was I rude?" Or if I get a lot of notifications I'm like "oh god what did I do wrong now?"

While if I'm out in public and somebody says a simple hello and I say hi back I spend the rest of the week wondering did i sound rude? Was I too loud? Were they even talking to me?
646378xb7pmu4huz.gif
I feel that tbh... I have really bad social anxiety and tend not to make many friends. I've been wanting to make friends here on this site but sometimes I get way to over thinking and tend to back out of the friendship or the convo! Hell even now I kinda am shy on replying since I don't wanna be rude or seem it ;v; [emoji=cat 1 size=6]
I feel that tbh... I have really bad social anxiety and tend not to make many friends. I've been wanting to make friends here on this site but sometimes I get way to over thinking and tend to back out of the friendship or the convo!

Hell even now I kinda am shy on replying since I don't wanna be rude or seem it ;v;

Same here ;-: its a struggle for me to even hold a simple conversation with others. Earlier this week my mom made me call to make an appointment to get my hair dyed and I legit sat on my bed staring at my phone for a good half hour because I was scared as all hell of messing up and being awkward.
Same here ;-: its a struggle for me to even hold a simple conversation with others. Earlier this week my mom made me call to make an appointment to get my hair dyed and I legit sat on my bed staring at my phone for a good half hour because I was scared as all hell of messing up and being awkward.
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
@ReedBlack I've backed out of replying to many threads because of fearing somehow I'm being rude. I'm also bad at holding conversations except with my dog if you've ever seen a husky talking video it's like that but it's a German shepherd instead.

@xNEVERLANDx I dread the day my mom has me start making my own appointments. I know one day she's just gonna say, "Hey why don't you make the appointment yourself?" I'm just gonna be like, "Nope nope nope" all the way out the door.
@ReedBlack I've backed out of replying to many threads because of fearing somehow I'm being rude. I'm also bad at holding conversations except with my dog if you've ever seen a husky talking video it's like that but it's a German shepherd instead.

@xNEVERLANDx I dread the day my mom has me start making my own appointments. I know one day she's just gonna say, "Hey why don't you make the appointment yourself?" I'm just gonna be like, "Nope nope nope" all the way out the door.
646378xb7pmu4huz.gif
I only feel anxious when I'm doing something outside my terms, like going to a hair appointment when I am not in the mood to sit down with a stranger and get my haircut.

Generally I'm pretty active in the community and I don't worry if someone is judging me (everyone has been so nice)

I don't know if this helps @Flair @ReedBlack but I don't overthink what other people say (so if you did accidentally come off as rude, I wouldn't be bothered) I just try to be nice to people and be helpful

I pay more attention when people go out of their way to be nice than when someone is a little bit rude. What helps is thinking of the worst case scenario and rationalizing it, like even that person hates me because I said hello the wrong way, it's not a big deal because I don't see them often

I only feel anxious when I'm doing something outside my terms, like going to a hair appointment when I am not in the mood to sit down with a stranger and get my haircut.

Generally I'm pretty active in the community and I don't worry if someone is judging me (everyone has been so nice)

I don't know if this helps @Flair @ReedBlack but I don't overthink what other people say (so if you did accidentally come off as rude, I wouldn't be bothered) I just try to be nice to people and be helpful

I pay more attention when people go out of their way to be nice than when someone is a little bit rude. What helps is thinking of the worst case scenario and rationalizing it, like even that person hates me because I said hello the wrong way, it's not a big deal because I don't see them often

57vDzYs.png
i'm really really bad with interactions in general and can't make any sort of eye contact for the life of me and mumble a lot and mix my words up often so i'm a mumbling bumbling wreck usually (which doesn't help the job i have but hey i'm night shift i don't deal with many people anymore).

i often go into threads and type out a reply but never do. i usually find what i have to say pointless? like, i'm not really adding anything to the conversation, so what's the point of posting anyways. i have a hard time even replying to people responding to me on my own dang threads (eye roll). i feel ya about the saying hi thing i think i respond to people too quietly so they don't hear me and then i can't help but think "oh god they must think i'm so rude because they didn't hear me respond to them".

(i almost deleted this response but i'm gonna persevere and post it lol)
i'm really really bad with interactions in general and can't make any sort of eye contact for the life of me and mumble a lot and mix my words up often so i'm a mumbling bumbling wreck usually (which doesn't help the job i have but hey i'm night shift i don't deal with many people anymore).

i often go into threads and type out a reply but never do. i usually find what i have to say pointless? like, i'm not really adding anything to the conversation, so what's the point of posting anyways. i have a hard time even replying to people responding to me on my own dang threads (eye roll). i feel ya about the saying hi thing i think i respond to people too quietly so they don't hear me and then i can't help but think "oh god they must think i'm so rude because they didn't hear me respond to them".

(i almost deleted this response but i'm gonna persevere and post it lol)
WYLy2Ui.gif
*Slides over, sadly dabbing*

I've always been terribly screwed up and socially inapt. It's always been apparent, although my mother pretends it doesn't exist. My dad is the only one who acknowledges I've always been like this, due to the fact he's been the closest to me in the family.

I only got the anxiety after my only "friend" metaphorically shot me from behind, right after I deloped by allowing them to get close to me and for myself to get close to them. I destroyed my reputation to get away from them on July 11th of last year. I was an Icarus, and when they got me, I flew too close to the sun to get away.

Afterwards, I realized I was different from other people, after they shoved it in my face. Soon, I felt extreme dread just by being around other people, like there were eyes watching me. I tried to hide it, but I still fear everyone sees what lies beneath.

I hid behind a mask so the world wouldn't find me. It sucks to be on the other side of a glass wall.

Normally, I try to figure out how to order food without talking, or try to get what I want. Even then, I'll think of it for the rest of the day, until it's a vicious, bloodthirsty cycle. It hurts to even talk to my family because of how most (sans my dad) pretend I'm perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong about how I can have a nigh mental eruption about them or the world every. Single. Day.

There's no body language or tone of voice or facial emotions or anything on the internet. Thus, it is safe, due to the eyes not being able to find me.

I'm going to be seeing a psychologist soon, and I'll have a medical answer to what the heck happened.

No wonder I love Dear Evan Hansen. At least there, someone understands the eyes that are watching from afar, that you dread that are looking through the mask.
*Slides over, sadly dabbing*

I've always been terribly screwed up and socially inapt. It's always been apparent, although my mother pretends it doesn't exist. My dad is the only one who acknowledges I've always been like this, due to the fact he's been the closest to me in the family.

I only got the anxiety after my only "friend" metaphorically shot me from behind, right after I deloped by allowing them to get close to me and for myself to get close to them. I destroyed my reputation to get away from them on July 11th of last year. I was an Icarus, and when they got me, I flew too close to the sun to get away.

Afterwards, I realized I was different from other people, after they shoved it in my face. Soon, I felt extreme dread just by being around other people, like there were eyes watching me. I tried to hide it, but I still fear everyone sees what lies beneath.

I hid behind a mask so the world wouldn't find me. It sucks to be on the other side of a glass wall.

Normally, I try to figure out how to order food without talking, or try to get what I want. Even then, I'll think of it for the rest of the day, until it's a vicious, bloodthirsty cycle. It hurts to even talk to my family because of how most (sans my dad) pretend I'm perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong about how I can have a nigh mental eruption about them or the world every. Single. Day.

There's no body language or tone of voice or facial emotions or anything on the internet. Thus, it is safe, due to the eyes not being able to find me.

I'm going to be seeing a psychologist soon, and I'll have a medical answer to what the heck happened.

No wonder I love Dear Evan Hansen. At least there, someone understands the eyes that are watching from afar, that you dread that are looking through the mask.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Wow so much to reply tbh! ;v; I am glad some folks decided to answer of course even though this isn't my thread I uh haha! sorry ><

@XNEVERLANDX I mean, I feel that tbh! once my mom made me do my own appointments it was a lil hard at first but now I kinda got the hang of it, some days I do end up stuttering and asking for repeats.

@Flair I mean, I hope I ain't being too honest now but this is kinda my first fourm or thread that I decided to respond too because I figured some folks would be here who would understand ya know? I feel that though with my Cat Muffin, I talk with my baby a lot ><

@Breezio I will say that I thank you for the advice or what ya do on things with such situations. I am slowly learning to not think of what others say matters too much but thank you uvu

Also sorry if I friended any of ya'll too early, I got excited! I am sorry! ><
Wow so much to reply tbh! ;v; I am glad some folks decided to answer of course even though this isn't my thread I uh haha! sorry ><

@XNEVERLANDX I mean, I feel that tbh! once my mom made me do my own appointments it was a lil hard at first but now I kinda got the hang of it, some days I do end up stuttering and asking for repeats.

@Flair I mean, I hope I ain't being too honest now but this is kinda my first fourm or thread that I decided to respond too because I figured some folks would be here who would understand ya know? I feel that though with my Cat Muffin, I talk with my baby a lot ><

@Breezio I will say that I thank you for the advice or what ya do on things with such situations. I am slowly learning to not think of what others say matters too much but thank you uvu

Also sorry if I friended any of ya'll too early, I got excited! I am sorry! ><
[center]@bui I totally understand the thing with eye contact. Most people think I'm not listening to them cause it's hard for me to look them in the eyes. I hear every word, but I just can't focus on their eyes. I'm not sure why either it just makes me anxious. I'm trying to be a bit more active in threads. Sometimes I manage an awkward reply and other times I just run away from them. Ha ha. I hosted my first raffle and was freaking out the whole time like. "What if I mess this up? I don't wanna make anyone unhappy...Oh no their gonna hate me." I'm glad it was all in my head cause they said it was fun despite me being a lil slow. It's hard for me to come up with any good conversations and stick with them. Like meeting someone new I just kinda fumble around with topics, but eventually fall off the earth. Bless my friends for sticking around and putting up with me. [emoji=firework size=1][/center]
@bui I totally understand the thing with eye contact. Most people think I'm not listening to them cause it's hard for me to look them in the eyes. I hear every word, but I just can't focus on their eyes. I'm not sure why either it just makes me anxious.

I'm trying to be a bit more active in threads. Sometimes I manage an awkward reply and other times I just run away from them. Ha ha. I hosted my first raffle and was freaking out the whole time like. "What if I mess this up? I don't wanna make anyone unhappy...Oh no their gonna hate me." I'm glad it was all in my head cause they said it was fun despite me being a lil slow.

It's hard for me to come up with any good conversations and stick with them. Like meeting someone new I just kinda fumble around with topics, but eventually fall off the earth. Bless my friends for sticking around and putting up with me.
dafhd9c-bc74bcff-6a3a-4698-962b-76e63dc53832.png
*slides in, tap dancing in slow motion*

(why are we all sliding? I can dig it)
I like that there are a couple of social anxiety threads posted here recently!

I, too, am a person with deep and sometimes crippling social anxiety. One of the best anecdotes to express what my particular breed of this malady is - a few months ago at my job (where I also work night shift because less people) I needed to go upstairs in the elevator but when I saw that a guy was about to go upstairs too (in the same elevator car) I ran up four flights of stairs just to avoid being in the elevator with somebody. I didn't even know who he was but was so terrified by the thought of being in close quarters and making conversation... I know that it's ridiculous, and the empathetic part of me wonders "what would that guy think if he knew you had sprinted up the stairs rather than stand next to him for a minute?" which makes me feel even worse lol
I wish I had more friends on the sites I frequent (ChickenSmoothie and FR) but I am in the same boat as many of you in that I immediately convince myself someone doesn't care what I have to say or won't like me.
*slides in, tap dancing in slow motion*

(why are we all sliding? I can dig it)
I like that there are a couple of social anxiety threads posted here recently!

I, too, am a person with deep and sometimes crippling social anxiety. One of the best anecdotes to express what my particular breed of this malady is - a few months ago at my job (where I also work night shift because less people) I needed to go upstairs in the elevator but when I saw that a guy was about to go upstairs too (in the same elevator car) I ran up four flights of stairs just to avoid being in the elevator with somebody. I didn't even know who he was but was so terrified by the thought of being in close quarters and making conversation... I know that it's ridiculous, and the empathetic part of me wonders "what would that guy think if he knew you had sprinted up the stairs rather than stand next to him for a minute?" which makes me feel even worse lol
I wish I had more friends on the sites I frequent (ChickenSmoothie and FR) but I am in the same boat as many of you in that I immediately convince myself someone doesn't care what I have to say or won't like me.
1 2 3 4 5