Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hold on, don't check this
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[quote name="Gryphonlady" date="2019-06-19 09:30:47" ] I think mass pinging any account, not just dieties, would be a problem from a server load perspective if players are trying to all send the forum posts and associated pings at the same time? I suspect that is what Aequorin is alluding to with the system considerations. [/quote] Correct. This wouldn't be a matter of spam, but our [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b], under exploiting a site feature. As no one here was deliberately trying to harm the site by exploiting the forum ping system, clarification was given without the possibility of account or forum penalties hanging overhead. That being said, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread as the question has been answered.
Gryphonlady wrote on 2019-06-19 09:30:47:
I think mass pinging any account, not just dieties, would be a problem from a server load perspective if players are trying to all send the forum posts and associated pings at the same time? I suspect that is what Aequorin is alluding to with the system considerations.

Correct. This wouldn't be a matter of spam, but our Terms of Use, under exploiting a site feature.

As no one here was deliberately trying to harm the site by exploiting the forum ping system, clarification was given without the possibility of account or forum penalties hanging overhead.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread as the question has been answered.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21