Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons NOT Related Suddenly Related
What the title says. I bred changed a pair that I liked to make a Gaoler pair; realized I hadn't assayed BLs and found, oops, related.

Well, darn, but easily enough fixed. I DOUBLE CHECKED this time- an imp girl with my gaoler boy- and it told me they weren't compatible breeds, but were also not related. So I bought her, breed changed her, and thought I was good to go.

Until today, when I checked again out of paranoia and found SHE'S SUDDENLY RELATED. To the SAME DRAGON that the other girl was, mysteriously.

Either this is a bug with the breeds being incompatible, which needs to be fixed so no one else wastes their time and money like I did, or this is just a 'visual glitch' telling me they're related when they aren't.

Either way, if they can't be breed, I'd like my Gaoler gene scroll returned to me or the cost of it, as I DID check and WAS told they were breedable.
What the title says. I bred changed a pair that I liked to make a Gaoler pair; realized I hadn't assayed BLs and found, oops, related.

Well, darn, but easily enough fixed. I DOUBLE CHECKED this time- an imp girl with my gaoler boy- and it told me they weren't compatible breeds, but were also not related. So I bought her, breed changed her, and thought I was good to go.

Until today, when I checked again out of paranoia and found SHE'S SUDDENLY RELATED. To the SAME DRAGON that the other girl was, mysteriously.

Either this is a bug with the breeds being incompatible, which needs to be fixed so no one else wastes their time and money like I did, or this is just a 'visual glitch' telling me they're related when they aren't.

Either way, if they can't be breed, I'd like my Gaoler gene scroll returned to me or the cost of it, as I DID check and WAS told they were breedable.
knhLXgs.png
@Div3rge

If possible, could you post the problem dragons? It might help to see what pops up for others.

Otherwise, you'll want to send in a contact us form since refunds/returns can't be dealt with on the forums, iirc.

Out of curiosity, does actually trying to breed them turn up the error as well?

The assay bloodlines feature has/had a known issue where it gave a positive "can breed" message but the dragons weren't actually compatible. I haven't seen anyone talk about that though in quite a while. So I'm wondering if maybe it's just giving the wrong message or if you're right that it has something to do with the modern to ancient compatibility message not displaying bloodlines correctly.
@Div3rge

If possible, could you post the problem dragons? It might help to see what pops up for others.

Otherwise, you'll want to send in a contact us form since refunds/returns can't be dealt with on the forums, iirc.

Out of curiosity, does actually trying to breed them turn up the error as well?

The assay bloodlines feature has/had a known issue where it gave a positive "can breed" message but the dragons weren't actually compatible. I haven't seen anyone talk about that though in quite a while. So I'm wondering if maybe it's just giving the wrong message or if you're right that it has something to do with the modern to ancient compatibility message not displaying bloodlines correctly.
IT7iTv8.png
Oh wow, it's BEEN broken and still maybe hasn't been fixed? I'm really rather upset to hear that. I'll use the 'contact us' feature indeed if it turns out this really is on FR, thank you for the link. Here's the boy in question: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51986598] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519866/51986598_350.png[/img] [/url] And his girl: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49442913] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494430/49442913_350.png[/img] [/url] I haven't tried breeding them yet, so I'll HOPE maybe it's a 'false failure' and keep her until she's ready to breed and give them a shot. I do hope it's just a 'visual glitch' of sorts, that would be nice.
Oh wow, it's BEEN broken and still maybe hasn't been fixed? I'm really rather upset to hear that.

I'll use the 'contact us' feature indeed if it turns out this really is on FR, thank you for the link.

Here's the boy in question:

51986598_350.png

And his girl:

49442913_350.png

I haven't tried breeding them yet, so I'll HOPE maybe it's a 'false failure' and keep her until she's ready to breed and give them a shot. I do hope it's just a 'visual glitch' of sorts, that would be nice.

knhLXgs.png
I might be wrong on the exact specifics of the glitch, it has been a while since I've seen it mentioned. I would search it but I'm on mobile right now so just replying is tricky enough :p

But I would go ahead and send in the contract form before waiting to confirm, replies are known to take a while sometimes so it's better to get it started now!

I saw others checked in your FRD thread so I'll save myself the mobile frustration but they're here now if anyone else decides to pop on and experiment they know what to compare.

While staff do comment on bug threads it's usually not the norm, although this might be a big enough issue to get there attention. Either way I hope it gets sorted!
I might be wrong on the exact specifics of the glitch, it has been a while since I've seen it mentioned. I would search it but I'm on mobile right now so just replying is tricky enough :p

But I would go ahead and send in the contract form before waiting to confirm, replies are known to take a while sometimes so it's better to get it started now!

I saw others checked in your FRD thread so I'll save myself the mobile frustration but they're here now if anyone else decides to pop on and experiment they know what to compare.

While staff do comment on bug threads it's usually not the norm, although this might be a big enough issue to get there attention. Either way I hope it gets sorted!
IT7iTv8.png
So I did go through and check, and they are related- Julia is Oriris's mother's mother's mother's mother and Imp's mother's mother's father's mother. Assay bloodlines should not have shown that they were compatible. I hope that the staff can help you, that really sucks.
So I did go through and check, and they are related- Julia is Oriris's mother's mother's mother's mother and Imp's mother's mother's father's mother. Assay bloodlines should not have shown that they were compatible. I hope that the staff can help you, that really sucks.
wq9PoXA.png
Yeah, I'm REALLY upset right now.
Yeah, I'm REALLY upset right now.
knhLXgs.png
Hi @Div3rge

I'm sorry this happened to you. We have triple checked the breeding and Assay Bloodlines code to confirm the following:

- Both tools use the same code to determine whether dragons are related. This is to assure consistency and accuracy. If the tool finds a common ancestor for 2 dragons in 1 tool, it will find that common ancestor in the other.

- We are not aware of any discrepancies between breeding and assay bloodlines since the beginning of 2017. Any bugs reported along those lines have been fixed.

- The dragons in question are related and Assay Bloodlines accurately reports them as such.

- Changing a dragon's breed does not alter ancestry results.

- We only check for a breed conflict after checking ancestry.

Since the code that determines ancestry has not changed, I believe that this is not a case where the tool misreported. If a false positive or false negative somehow occurred, both tools use the same code and would result in the same false answer.

Once again, I'm sorry this happened, but the tool itself is working as expected.
Hi @Div3rge

I'm sorry this happened to you. We have triple checked the breeding and Assay Bloodlines code to confirm the following:

- Both tools use the same code to determine whether dragons are related. This is to assure consistency and accuracy. If the tool finds a common ancestor for 2 dragons in 1 tool, it will find that common ancestor in the other.

- We are not aware of any discrepancies between breeding and assay bloodlines since the beginning of 2017. Any bugs reported along those lines have been fixed.

- The dragons in question are related and Assay Bloodlines accurately reports them as such.

- Changing a dragon's breed does not alter ancestry results.

- We only check for a breed conflict after checking ancestry.

Since the code that determines ancestry has not changed, I believe that this is not a case where the tool misreported. If a false positive or false negative somehow occurred, both tools use the same code and would result in the same false answer.

Once again, I'm sorry this happened, but the tool itself is working as expected.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@AlphaSobek
Are you thinking of the nest issue where if you switch who's on the nest you can select unbreedable ones (even though it doesn't let you actually breed them)?

The last report was 9 months ago and the person was wrong about them now being unbreedable, and other reports have generally turned out to be 'oh, I checked x similar dragon instead' particularly where checking from the AH is concerned. It's easy for people to accidentally copy the wrong number, or fail to actually copy when they thought you had.
@AlphaSobek
Are you thinking of the nest issue where if you switch who's on the nest you can select unbreedable ones (even though it doesn't let you actually breed them)?

The last report was 9 months ago and the person was wrong about them now being unbreedable, and other reports have generally turned out to be 'oh, I checked x similar dragon instead' particularly where checking from the AH is concerned. It's easy for people to accidentally copy the wrong number, or fail to actually copy when they thought you had.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png