Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 6th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 182 183
HOW DO WE GET GAOLERS????
Happy 6th anniversary!! I'd just like to thank you guys for providing us with such an amazing game. Keep up the really good effort and work, this game is one of my all time favourites!! I really appreciate being able to play ;)
Happy 6th anniversary!! I'd just like to thank you guys for providing us with such an amazing game. Keep up the really good effort and work, this game is one of my all time favourites!! I really appreciate being able to play ;)
4QHOPZH.gif qfz2UbY.gif TLLxiUb.gif 2DQfXs9.gif V30vSWT.gif
[quote name="decoratchi" date="2019-06-09 02:24:14" ] Is it a coincidence that Gaoler is an anagram of Galore? [/quote] [font=Copperplate]@decoratchi O dang
decoratchi wrote on 2019-06-09 02:24:14:
Is it a coincidence that Gaoler is an anagram of Galore?

@decoratchi

O dang
4QHOPZH.gif qfz2UbY.gif TLLxiUb.gif 2DQfXs9.gif V30vSWT.gif
What a great update!

I love the ancient breeds system, it's a very clever way of introducting new breeds to the game without having to wait for 10 years between releases.

As a member of the ice flight who is not at all into cutesy-wutesy stuff I'm also really happy to see ice get a tough, fierce breed.

However I've realised that what I classify as "dragon" definitely does not correspond to the FR staff's perception of how dragons should look like. I love the gaoler design, I think the art is beautiful and really well done, but to me, they don't look much like dragons. I can sort of see they're vaguely reptilian, but the fur takes most of that away. In my humble opinion, it makes no sense for an ice breed to have thick fur since they should be able to tolerate their own element, e.g. if coatls can fly around lava lakes and not spontaneously combust, I don't know why ice dragons need fur to survive.

It is however up to the creators of the game to do whatever they want with their dragon designs so I won't complain much about that, as long as I can keep my ridgebacks and guardians, and hopefully get a more traditional looking breed in the future.

Casual "whine/observation" aside, I do look forward to having a few gaolers in my lair, but I guess I'll just be playing a "dragons and sort of dragons" game instead of a "dragon game" now haha.

Thanks staff! :D
What a great update!

I love the ancient breeds system, it's a very clever way of introducting new breeds to the game without having to wait for 10 years between releases.

As a member of the ice flight who is not at all into cutesy-wutesy stuff I'm also really happy to see ice get a tough, fierce breed.

However I've realised that what I classify as "dragon" definitely does not correspond to the FR staff's perception of how dragons should look like. I love the gaoler design, I think the art is beautiful and really well done, but to me, they don't look much like dragons. I can sort of see they're vaguely reptilian, but the fur takes most of that away. In my humble opinion, it makes no sense for an ice breed to have thick fur since they should be able to tolerate their own element, e.g. if coatls can fly around lava lakes and not spontaneously combust, I don't know why ice dragons need fur to survive.

It is however up to the creators of the game to do whatever they want with their dragon designs so I won't complain much about that, as long as I can keep my ridgebacks and guardians, and hopefully get a more traditional looking breed in the future.

Casual "whine/observation" aside, I do look forward to having a few gaolers in my lair, but I guess I'll just be playing a "dragons and sort of dragons" game instead of a "dragon game" now haha.

Thanks staff! :D
[quote name="@Valaena" date="2019-06-09 02:27:40" ] HOW DO WE GET GAOLERS???? [/quote] [color=15478b]Two scrolls are distributed via Galore per player that can be applied to existing dragons. (http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/gift) More can be purchased in the treasure marketplace, or alternatively purchased in the Auction House (I recommend waiting a little for prices to drop; due to being new, prices are inflated). Gaoler offspring can also be found on the Auction House. Keep in mind that breed changing a dragon into a Gaoler will wipe their genes to Basic.[/color]
@Valaena wrote on 2019-06-09 02:27:40:

Two scrolls are distributed via Galore per player that can be applied to existing dragons. (http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/gift)

More can be purchased in the treasure marketplace, or alternatively purchased in the Auction House (I recommend waiting a little for prices to drop; due to being new, prices are inflated).

Gaoler offspring can also be found on the Auction House.

Keep in mind that breed changing a dragon into a Gaoler will wipe their genes to Basic.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
[quote name="TheClassCalico" date="2019-06-09 02:33:23" ] [quote name="@Valaena" date="2019-06-09 02:27:40" ] HOW DO WE GET GAOLERS???? [/quote] [color=15478b]Two scrolls are distributed via Galore per player that can be applied to existing dragons. (http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/gift) More can be purchased in the treasure marketplace or purchased on the Auction House (I recommend waiting a little for prices to drop; due to being new, prices are inflated). Gaolers can also be found on the Auction House. Keep in mind that breed changing a dragon into a Gaoler will wipe their genes to Basic.[/color] [/quote] So just the scrolls? Ok thank you :)
TheClassCalico wrote on 2019-06-09 02:33:23:
@Valaena wrote on 2019-06-09 02:27:40:

Two scrolls are distributed via Galore per player that can be applied to existing dragons. (http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/gift)

More can be purchased in the treasure marketplace or purchased on the Auction House (I recommend waiting a little for prices to drop; due to being new, prices are inflated).

Gaolers can also be found on the Auction House.

Keep in mind that breed changing a dragon into a Gaoler will wipe their genes to Basic.
So just the scrolls? Ok thank you :)
Tundra dragons have been my favourite breed since June of 2013. But Gaolers have finally dethroned them (Tundras are still in second place though). Gaolers look fantastic.

Thank you for your hard work, FR staff! Here's to many more years of Flight Rising.
Tundra dragons have been my favourite breed since June of 2013. But Gaolers have finally dethroned them (Tundras are still in second place though). Gaolers look fantastic.

Thank you for your hard work, FR staff! Here's to many more years of Flight Rising.
nhknpyA.png
@Valaena

No problem! bred Gaoler hatchlings can be brought, too from other users, but their prices are a bit on the high side currently.
@Valaena

No problem! bred Gaoler hatchlings can be brought, too from other users, but their prices are a bit on the high side currently.
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
Oh- a thought for a future update came to me!! Don’t know if anyone’s suggested it but I thought I would either way! So I had a set of apparel to sell but you can’t sell it as a bundle? So I had to go back and forth to get them all in the auction house (7 pieces took some time!!) so as a future update it would be cool if we were able to sell apparel bundles, even creating cool mixes of apparel to share! So yeah that’s my piece <3
Oh- a thought for a future update came to me!! Don’t know if anyone’s suggested it but I thought I would either way! So I had a set of apparel to sell but you can’t sell it as a bundle? So I had to go back and forth to get them all in the auction house (7 pieces took some time!!) so as a future update it would be cool if we were able to sell apparel bundles, even creating cool mixes of apparel to share! So yeah that’s my piece <3
@Valaena is you go to galore's glorious gifts, you will be able to collect 2 breed change scrolls that will make 2 dragons of your choice into gaolers. To do this, go to your hoard and click, 'specialty' you should find your gaoler breed change scroll. Click on it, and it will come up with all the dragons you can change the breed of. Beware that it will reset ALL genes back to basic. Hope this helps.[emoji=unicorn size=1][emoji=gaoler laughing size=1]
@Valaena is you go to galore's glorious gifts, you will be able to collect 2 breed change scrolls that will make 2 dragons of your choice into gaolers. To do this, go to your hoard and click, 'specialty' you should find your gaoler breed change scroll. Click on it, and it will come up with all the dragons you can change the breed of.
Beware that it will reset ALL genes back to basic.

Hope this helps.
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 182 183