Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Issues with Site Pages Loading Slowly
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18
The last few days, pages simply won't load probably 10% of the time for me. Either images won't load or the page is completely cut off about halfway down. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to work, but leaving and then coming back sometimes will. I thought it was just my computer at first, but I've had this problem on my laptop, my phone, and my desktop computer, on two different wifi connections, and also on mobile data. Since I'm not having this issue anywhere else, I can safely say it's site-related.

The site had a chunk of unplanned downtime the other day, which is when I noticed this lag starting to happen, so maybe those two events are related?
The last few days, pages simply won't load probably 10% of the time for me. Either images won't load or the page is completely cut off about halfway down. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to work, but leaving and then coming back sometimes will. I thought it was just my computer at first, but I've had this problem on my laptop, my phone, and my desktop computer, on two different wifi connections, and also on mobile data. Since I'm not having this issue anywhere else, I can safely say it's site-related.

The site had a chunk of unplanned downtime the other day, which is when I noticed this lag starting to happen, so maybe those two events are related?
unNATURAL HatcheryjdSASTn.pngNest NetworkAdopt ShopQuest trackerSuper Snazzy GraphicsWishlistEarth Dom shophe/they, aroace, FR time +2DOPFwSi.png
lG9UFR1.png
So far for me it's mainly the logging in that's very laggy for some reason, everything else seems fine when I visit forums or my lair
So far for me it's mainly the logging in that's very laggy for some reason, everything else seems fine when I visit forums or my lair
I'm also noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | my FR tumblr93sr.png
Made a post to a raffle thread. It was slow to reload the page with the new post.
Opened the last page of the thread in a new tab on a whim; it loaded and showed the post.
Checked back on the other tab and it was still acting as though it was trying to process the post I'd made.

Ridiculous.
Made a post to a raffle thread. It was slow to reload the page with the new post.
Opened the last page of the thread in a new tab on a whim; it loaded and showed the post.
Checked back on the other tab and it was still acting as though it was trying to process the post I'd made.

Ridiculous.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I've been having issues with pages loading very slow or not at all. This has probably been going on for about 3-4 days now. It's definitely the worst in the coliseum for me though. I've tried on my mobile as well and it's doing the same thing. Haven't been having any issues on other sites, so I'm pretty sure it's not my internet connection.
I've been having issues with pages loading very slow or not at all. This has probably been going on for about 3-4 days now. It's definitely the worst in the coliseum for me though. I've tried on my mobile as well and it's doing the same thing. Haven't been having any issues on other sites, so I'm pretty sure it's not my internet connection.
vj20zMo.jpg
I've been having problems with slowly loading pages, not loading images, not loading the next coli battle etc, on mobile and using Opera. Reloading the page helps but I'm kinda tired of having to reload almost every page...
I've been having problems with slowly loading pages, not loading images, not loading the next coli battle etc, on mobile and using Opera. Reloading the page helps but I'm kinda tired of having to reload almost every page...
Poinsettia-Badge.png JdFxwc2.png
dEe2UrM.png
FObX7rS.png
WAWs3m5.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ds8dRm5.png Poinsettia-Badge.png
Same, Firefox.

Cleared cache, restarted net, nothing works like it should. The lag is insanely bad in the coli, to the point its almost unplayable.
Same, Firefox.

Cleared cache, restarted net, nothing works like it should. The lag is insanely bad in the coli, to the point its almost unplayable.
jAlJyx3.png
Hello all,

I'm sorry that you all are having difficulties accessing the site! I want to provide an update regarding where we are in our investigation of this issue.

There are basically two possibilities -- either the issue is originating in the Flight Rising servers (possibly due to an update), or it is a problem with the network infrastructure outside our servers.

Because the problem is affecting a subset of players rather than all players, it would seem most likely that the problem is in the network infrastructure outside our servers. However, while we are currently investigating this possibility, we have not found conclusive proof that this is the case.

As to the other possibility, during our review of changes we have made in the past week or so, we have discovered at least one case where a recently deployed feature would cause slower loads on specific pages (especially Forum pages.) We are working on a fix for this at the moment and should have it deployed relatively soon. We don't know for sure if this is the problem, but it needs to be fixed anyway so we are going to see if it helps!

If we have any further developments I will provide updates in this thread.

Again, thank you for your patience while we try to resolve this!
Hello all,

I'm sorry that you all are having difficulties accessing the site! I want to provide an update regarding where we are in our investigation of this issue.

There are basically two possibilities -- either the issue is originating in the Flight Rising servers (possibly due to an update), or it is a problem with the network infrastructure outside our servers.

Because the problem is affecting a subset of players rather than all players, it would seem most likely that the problem is in the network infrastructure outside our servers. However, while we are currently investigating this possibility, we have not found conclusive proof that this is the case.

As to the other possibility, during our review of changes we have made in the past week or so, we have discovered at least one case where a recently deployed feature would cause slower loads on specific pages (especially Forum pages.) We are working on a fix for this at the moment and should have it deployed relatively soon. We don't know for sure if this is the problem, but it needs to be fixed anyway so we are going to see if it helps!

If we have any further developments I will provide updates in this thread.

Again, thank you for your patience while we try to resolve this!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
thanks for the update!! good to know this is being looked into. its been such a pain these past few days.
thanks for the update!! good to know this is being looked into. its been such a pain these past few days.
A small update -- we have deployed one fix that may improve page load times, especially if you are loading forum threads. We are not certain that this is the root cause of the reports in this thread, but we are interested to hear if anything improves!
A small update -- we have deployed one fix that may improve page load times, especially if you are loading forum threads. We are not certain that this is the root cause of the reports in this thread, but we are interested to hear if anything improves!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
I'm glad to see that this isn't just me experiencing this. Since Monday, I've been having difficulty loading FR. Sometimes the page just fails to load at all, and other times it takes a couple minutes. Coliseum has been a trial on it own to use, where the window that pops up after a round has cleared does not load and I cannot click on the buttons (Main Menu and Continue).

While I typically use Mozilla Firefox, I have swapped to Chrome and still run into the same issue. I don't think it's my ISP since a couple friends who are on entirely different ones have run into problems also.
I'm glad to see that this isn't just me experiencing this. Since Monday, I've been having difficulty loading FR. Sometimes the page just fails to load at all, and other times it takes a couple minutes. Coliseum has been a trial on it own to use, where the window that pops up after a round has cleared does not load and I cannot click on the buttons (Main Menu and Continue).

While I typically use Mozilla Firefox, I have swapped to Chrome and still run into the same issue. I don't think it's my ISP since a couple friends who are on entirely different ones have run into problems also.
Please copy-n-paste my name.
I have missed response
due to misspelling.
Thank you~

1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18