Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86 87
I am a little bit worried about the window. I have poor physical health. It does not severely impact my day to day life, but occasionally, I have to take a break from games like Flightrising to prioritise my health. I have taken long hiatuses from other games before. Sometimes, those hiatuses last only a few days. Other times, it lasts months. I understand the need for a less taxing way to give out gifts, but this would damage players on a long or indefinite hiatus. It also offers no reason to return from a long hiatus as there would be no chance for acquiring limited items through Galore.

Perhaps instead of a time window, Galore uses an if/then programming? For example, 'If user has not collected item xyz, then Galore will generate item xyz' and 'If user has already collected item y, then Galore will not generate item y." This way, the pressure on the server would lessen, while still offering players on hiatus time and opportunity to get limited items and motivate them to return to Flightrising again.

Furthermore, there are Marva items. I joined just around April 1st so I was able to experience Marva items first hand. How would Marva items be applied to Galore?
I am a little bit worried about the window. I have poor physical health. It does not severely impact my day to day life, but occasionally, I have to take a break from games like Flightrising to prioritise my health. I have taken long hiatuses from other games before. Sometimes, those hiatuses last only a few days. Other times, it lasts months. I understand the need for a less taxing way to give out gifts, but this would damage players on a long or indefinite hiatus. It also offers no reason to return from a long hiatus as there would be no chance for acquiring limited items through Galore.

Perhaps instead of a time window, Galore uses an if/then programming? For example, 'If user has not collected item xyz, then Galore will generate item xyz' and 'If user has already collected item y, then Galore will not generate item y." This way, the pressure on the server would lessen, while still offering players on hiatus time and opportunity to get limited items and motivate them to return to Flightrising again.

Furthermore, there are Marva items. I joined just around April 1st so I was able to experience Marva items first hand. How would Marva items be applied to Galore?
Ivory Comb
It seems like a great idea to lessen server stress.

Yet I feel that 1 week window is a tad short. Perhaps extend it by a week or so? A singular week is really not a very long time.
It seems like a great idea to lessen server stress.

Yet I feel that 1 week window is a tad short. Perhaps extend it by a week or so? A singular week is really not a very long time.
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2019-05-06 11:49:45" ] [quote name="Caprineki" date="2019-05-06 11:31:07" ] Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.[/quote] That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do too. [/quote] again, it's meant to reward active players. rewards don't come without effort, hence why you won't get one if you aren't able to log on and recieve it.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2019-05-06 11:49:45:
Caprineki wrote on 2019-05-06 11:31:07:
Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.
That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do too.

again, it's meant to reward active players. rewards don't come without effort, hence why you won't get one if you aren't able to log on and recieve it.
34k8ssH.png viola. 23. they/them.
hobbyanime & oc liker
Galore is GLORIOUS! Look at that magnificent beard! [emoji=guardian love size=2]
Galore is GLORIOUS! Look at that magnificent beard!
99HpT0c.png
And here I was hoping for an update on the scattervials. Still one of the dumbest decisions made so far. They should return once a year for a week during the FR anniversary Galore at least looks cool though [quote name="Gryphoness" date="2019-05-06 11:21:11" ] I wholly understand the realities of stress on the servers when old systems that worked for small populations don't scale well, and I acknowledge the need for a solution. That being said, I dislike the way this is being implemented. What's being sold here as a bonus to active players is actively harmful to people who need to take long breaks for whatever reason. Is it likely to affect me? Not really, because dragon dress-up is my life. But will it affect other people? Absolutely. Why dress up something detrimental as a new feature? I support Galore and am ok with having to manually pick up items. But why have the time limit? I'd rather see a check being done, for example: "Has player previously picked up this item? If no, then display item for pickup". Then people who come back from hiatus/being sick/vacation/natural disasters destroying their home/etc can still get the item, but in the meantime, it didn't add any additional server strain to deliver it to them. [/quote] I definitely agree that having items available only for a week is quite ridiculous. I don't think inactive players deserve to be punished this badly. A lot of reasons a person may not be able to come online last more than a week. Make the items remain there indefinitely. The time limit is pointless.
And here I was hoping for an update on the scattervials. Still one of the dumbest decisions made so far. They should return once a year for a week during the FR anniversary

Galore at least looks cool though
Gryphoness wrote on 2019-05-06 11:21:11:
I wholly understand the realities of stress on the servers when old systems that worked for small populations don't scale well, and I acknowledge the need for a solution. That being said, I dislike the way this is being implemented.

What's being sold here as a bonus to active players is actively harmful to people who need to take long breaks for whatever reason. Is it likely to affect me? Not really, because dragon dress-up is my life. But will it affect other people? Absolutely. Why dress up something detrimental as a new feature?

I support Galore and am ok with having to manually pick up items. But why have the time limit? I'd rather see a check being done, for example: "Has player previously picked up this item? If no, then display item for pickup". Then people who come back from hiatus/being sick/vacation/natural disasters destroying their home/etc can still get the item, but in the meantime, it didn't add any additional server strain to deliver it to them.

I definitely agree that having items available only for a week is quite ridiculous. I don't think inactive players deserve to be punished this badly. A lot of reasons a person may not be able to come online last more than a week. Make the items remain there indefinitely. The time limit is pointless.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
I have to disagree with increasing the time limit. If we constantly make everything easier how is anything supposed to hold its value? Everyone has misfortunes and not everyone will be able to grab one, and it sucks but that's the way it should be for long term site health. I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be able to get everything all the time.
I have to disagree with increasing the time limit. If we constantly make everything easier how is anything supposed to hold its value? Everyone has misfortunes and not everyone will be able to grab one, and it sucks but that's the way it should be for long term site health. I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be able to get everything all the time.
Galore looks gorgeous! I think the system should be good, although I hope that we'll get in-game notes (like Site Status) to remind us too, since I don't really follow social media for games. [emoji=coatl tongue] I sort of agree with the others, though, that the duration could be a little longer than 7 days. I think that will work for me personally, but if you truly are inactive, you probably won't check back within 14 days regardless. However, if you are active but extremely busy/have limited access, that'd be a better opportunity! And overall, this is a sudden change, and it will suck to miss out if you are otherwise active. Props for you all for making it a whole 7 days to begin with though!
Galore looks gorgeous! I think the system should be good, although I hope that we'll get in-game notes (like Site Status) to remind us too, since I don't really follow social media for games.

I sort of agree with the others, though, that the duration could be a little longer than 7 days. I think that will work for me personally, but if you truly are inactive, you probably won't check back within 14 days regardless. However, if you are active but extremely busy/have limited access, that'd be a better opportunity! And overall, this is a sudden change, and it will suck to miss out if you are otherwise active. Props for you all for making it a whole 7 days to begin with though!
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
[quote name="Qhersek" date="2019-05-06 11:21:17" ] I hope a reminder will be added to the Which Waystone to pick up the item. [/quote] Oooh, cool idea!
Qhersek wrote on 2019-05-06 11:21:17:
I hope a reminder will be added to the Which Waystone to pick up the item.
Oooh, cool idea!
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2019-05-06 11:49:45" ] [quote name="Caprineki" date="2019-05-06 11:31:07" ] Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.[/quote] That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do as well. [/quote] I think it's fair. I just missed out on Chickensmoothie's entire easter event/hunt just because I forgot to check, but that's my fault for not actively participating. Fortunately, I can collect all the pets and items by trading and buying them from players who did participate. Similarly, even if you miss an event or item distribution on FR, you can buy or trade for them with players who did participate. I think it's a fair system that helps to give more value to items and reward players who are active.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2019-05-06 11:49:45:
Caprineki wrote on 2019-05-06 11:31:07:
Tbh while reading this I thought it would just be Galore hanging onto gifts from here on out and if you leave for a while or smth you would be able to come back and collect any gifts he's been hanging onto.
That was my impression as well. I also wouldn't really call 7 days "a fairly wide window", a hiatus usually lasts longer than that and quite a few life situations do as well.

I think it's fair. I just missed out on Chickensmoothie's entire easter event/hunt just because I forgot to check, but that's my fault for not actively participating. Fortunately, I can collect all the pets and items by trading and buying them from players who did participate.

Similarly, even if you miss an event or item distribution on FR, you can buy or trade for them with players who did participate. I think it's a fair system that helps to give more value to items and reward players who are active.
FR+3

Hatchery
Art Shop (OPEN)
Lore Bits Masterlist
g2TOb2t.png
SOMEONE PLEASE
KEEP ME OUT
OF THE SCRYING WORKSHOP
3bOlZcm.png
[quote name="Dreu" date="2019-05-06 11:52:44" ] [quote name="Qhersek" date="2019-05-06 11:21:17" ] I hope a reminder will be added to the Which Waystone to pick up the item. [/quote] Oooh, cool idea! [/quote] This is definitely planned!
Dreu wrote on 2019-05-06 11:52:44:
Qhersek wrote on 2019-05-06 11:21:17:
I hope a reminder will be added to the Which Waystone to pick up the item.
Oooh, cool idea!

This is definitely planned!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 86 87