Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Familiar coli drop challenge
So I'm not sure whether this has an "official" name, or if it even is a thing that other people are doing, however I will be doing another coli challenge.

THE GOAL: Get every coliseum familiar, through coliseum.

THE RULES: Boss familiars included! (This might take a while, yes.) Nothing I have so far will count, because I want to start from a blank slate. Coliseum familiars acquired through other means (chest drops, marketplace, AH etc) will not count. Venues don't need to be done in order, but everything needs to be kept track of. Multitasking (for example, keeping track of familiar drops if I'm primarily in the Mire to train fodder) is allowed.

WHY?

Short answer is, I want to make myself grind.

The long answer: I want those sweet, sweet drops. I want to expand my list of familiars (though I am not going for a completed bestiary and probably never will), and I definitely want duplicates for Baldwin and other purposes. I want to have a reason to go to venues I otherwise wouldn't go to and hopefully get some rare drops along the way too. And most of all, I want to give myself a goal to work towards in this game.

If you would like to help, I would appreciate some audio-based media reccommendations! Podcasts and such. Nothing political though, please.

If you're doing this yourself, I'd love to have a link!

I am subscribed to this thread.
So I'm not sure whether this has an "official" name, or if it even is a thing that other people are doing, however I will be doing another coli challenge.

THE GOAL: Get every coliseum familiar, through coliseum.

THE RULES: Boss familiars included! (This might take a while, yes.) Nothing I have so far will count, because I want to start from a blank slate. Coliseum familiars acquired through other means (chest drops, marketplace, AH etc) will not count. Venues don't need to be done in order, but everything needs to be kept track of. Multitasking (for example, keeping track of familiar drops if I'm primarily in the Mire to train fodder) is allowed.

WHY?

Short answer is, I want to make myself grind.

The long answer: I want those sweet, sweet drops. I want to expand my list of familiars (though I am not going for a completed bestiary and probably never will), and I definitely want duplicates for Baldwin and other purposes. I want to have a reason to go to venues I otherwise wouldn't go to and hopefully get some rare drops along the way too. And most of all, I want to give myself a goal to work towards in this game.

If you would like to help, I would appreciate some audio-based media reccommendations! Podcasts and such. Nothing political though, please.

If you're doing this yourself, I'd love to have a link!

I am subscribed to this thread.
MIaB7gw.png
PROGRESS:

Training Fields:
Woodland Path:
Scorched Forest:
Sandswept Delta:
Blooming Grove:
Forgotten Cave:
Bamboo Falls:
Thunderhead Savanna: 9/26
Redrock Cove:
Waterway:
Arena:
Volcanic Vents:
Rainsong Jungle:
Boreal Wood:
Crystal Pools:
Harpy's Roost:
Ghostlight Ruins:
Mire: 3/17
Golem Workshop:
Kelp Beds:

More detailed progress will be kept track of in individual posts, which will be linked to here as I start working on them, to avoid crowding the thread right away.

CURRENTLY DOING: Thunderhead Savanna
PROGRESS:

Training Fields:
Woodland Path:
Scorched Forest:
Sandswept Delta:
Blooming Grove:
Forgotten Cave:
Bamboo Falls:
Thunderhead Savanna: 9/26
Redrock Cove:
Waterway:
Arena:
Volcanic Vents:
Rainsong Jungle:
Boreal Wood:
Crystal Pools:
Harpy's Roost:
Ghostlight Ruins:
Mire: 3/17
Golem Workshop:
Kelp Beds:

More detailed progress will be kept track of in individual posts, which will be linked to here as I start working on them, to avoid crowding the thread right away.

CURRENTLY DOING: Thunderhead Savanna
MIaB7gw.png
[center][u][b]THUNDERHEAD SAVANNA[/b][/u][/center] Oh yes, a fancy new venue. A great place to start! I've already gotten a few familiars right before I started this thread, but we're starting over for every venue anyway. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Quillrunner] x1 [item=King Quillrunner] x1 [item=Pale Greattusk] x1 [item=Heckling Hydrena] x2 [item=Wintermane Minstrel] x2 [item=Unburdened Billy] x1 [item=Raptorik Herder] x2 [item=Dire Vulture] x1 [item=Ampelope] x1 [item=Rabid Grinfin] x1 [b]Other notable drops:[/b] [item=Strange Chest] x3 [item=Crimson Rogue Tail Binding][item=Chocolate Noggle][item=Crimson Rogue Hood]
THUNDERHEAD SAVANNA

Oh yes, a fancy new venue. A great place to start! I've already gotten a few familiars right before I started this thread, but we're starting over for every venue anyway.

Familiars:

Quillrunner x1
King Quillrunner x1
Pale Greattusk x1
Heckling Hydrena x2
Wintermane Minstrel x2
Unburdened Billy x1
Raptorik Herder x2
Dire Vulture x1
Ampelope x1
Rabid Grinfin x1

Other notable drops:
Strange Chest x3 Crimson Rogue Tail Binding Chocolate Noggle Crimson Rogue Hood
MIaB7gw.png
[center][u][b]MIRE[/b][/u][/center] Got some fodder to train up in the meantime! Let's go. Revisited december 15th, for Frigidfin. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Brilliant Psywurm] x1 [item=Venomous Toridae] x1 [item=Sickle Kamaitachi] x1 [item=Shellion] x1 [b]Other notable drops:[/b] [item=Fenfisher Flattail][item=Chillriver Bucktooth][item=Strange Chest][item=Winterberry Queen Chest]
MIRE

Got some fodder to train up in the meantime! Let's go.
Revisited december 15th, for Frigidfin.

Familiars:

Brilliant Psywurm x1
Venomous Toridae x1
Sickle Kamaitachi x1
Shellion x1

Other notable drops:
Fenfisher Flattail Chillriver Bucktooth Strange Chest Winterberry Queen Chest
MIaB7gw.png
[center][b][u]BOREAL WOOD[/u][/b][/center] I'm a bit late, but it's Turkey season! Plus Boreal wood is actually one of my favourite areas to grind in general, so this should be fun. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Nochnyr] x1 [item=Woodland Turkey] x8 [item=Elk] x1 [item=Longneck Hunter] x1 [b]Other notable drops:[/b] [item=Unhatched Earth Egg][item=Precious Veins Chest][item=Forest Green Wing Wraps][item=Woodland Turkey Crate][item=Winter Cape]x2
BOREAL WOOD

I'm a bit late, but it's Turkey season! Plus Boreal wood is actually one of my favourite areas to grind in general, so this should be fun.

Familiars:
Nochnyr x1
Woodland Turkey x8
Elk x1
Longneck Hunter x1

Other notable drops:
Unhatched Earth Egg Precious Veins Chest Forest Green Wing Wraps Woodland Turkey Crate Winter Cape x2
MIaB7gw.png
[center][u][b]RAINSONG JUNGLE[/b][/u] [/center] It's NotN, which means grinding everywhere! I expect having to make updates to a lot of these posts. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Hippocampus] [item=Parda] [item=Budwing Morpho] [b]Other notable drops:[/b] [item=Strange Chest]x7[item=Teardrop Chroma Belt]
RAINSONG JUNGLE
It's NotN, which means grinding everywhere! I expect having to make updates to a lot of these posts.

Familiars:
Hippocampus
Parda
Budwing Morpho

Other notable drops:
Strange Chest x7 Teardrop Chroma Belt
MIaB7gw.png
[u][center][b]SANDSWEPT DELTA[/b][/center][/u] I honestly hate this venue aesthetically, but they say it has the best drop rate for noc chests so shrug. Though that seems to mean that I'm going to get everything but familiars. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Nightsky Fuiran] [b]Other notable drops:[/b] [item=Strange Chest]x17[item=Primary Gene: Python][item=Dented Iron Pauldrons]
SANDSWEPT DELTA

I honestly hate this venue aesthetically, but they say it has the best drop rate for noc chests so shrug. Though that seems to mean that I'm going to get everything but familiars.

Familiars:
Nightsky Fuiran

Other notable drops:
Strange Chest x17 Primary Gene: Python Dented Iron Pauldrons
MIaB7gw.png
[u][center][b]Bamboo Falls[/b][/center][/u] Yeah honestly I'm mostly here just for swipp mats. [b]Familiars:[/b] [item=Mantled Foo] [b]Other notable Drops:[/b] [item=Strange Chest]x2
Bamboo Falls

Yeah honestly I'm mostly here just for swipp mats.

Familiars:
Mantled Foo

Other notable Drops:
Strange Chest x2
MIaB7gw.png