Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | HELLO FRIENDS
HEY GUYS so yes I am one of those green behind the ears newcomers who joined a few days ago. I've been waiting SO LONG for an opportunity to join. I found out about FR maybe a year ago and have been lurking around ever since, watching, waiting BUT MY CHANCE HAS COME

anyway, yes hello, my username is my actual surname, I'm twenty years old and currently in my second year of university, majoring in English Literature and Linguistics (you couldn't tell though, my grammar is horrible).

I spend 3000% of my life reading so many books omg books man books and I am in almost every single fandom imaginable (I blame you, Tumblr) am I allowed to talk about season four of Game of Thrones yet??

so this was probably such a pointless forum post whoops I JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO
HEY GUYS so yes I am one of those green behind the ears newcomers who joined a few days ago. I've been waiting SO LONG for an opportunity to join. I found out about FR maybe a year ago and have been lurking around ever since, watching, waiting BUT MY CHANCE HAS COME

anyway, yes hello, my username is my actual surname, I'm twenty years old and currently in my second year of university, majoring in English Literature and Linguistics (you couldn't tell though, my grammar is horrible).

I spend 3000% of my life reading so many books omg books man books and I am in almost every single fandom imaginable (I blame you, Tumblr) am I allowed to talk about season four of Game of Thrones yet??

so this was probably such a pointless forum post whoops I JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO

i hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips

Goshhhhh, I was exactly the same with the waiting! About 6 or 7 months I've wanted to join FR? I heard about it before then but wasn't as obsessive then oooooops. Found out about the open registration window the day before, got really excited, then forgot the next day and only remembered as I was going to bed... A frantic dash to turn my computer back on led to (finally) having this account! Hey nice to meet you! English Lit is what I want to study ahhh so exciting *___*

psst your Skydancer baby Kveikur is so pretty. So so pretty.
Goshhhhh, I was exactly the same with the waiting! About 6 or 7 months I've wanted to join FR? I heard about it before then but wasn't as obsessive then oooooops. Found out about the open registration window the day before, got really excited, then forgot the next day and only remembered as I was going to bed... A frantic dash to turn my computer back on led to (finally) having this account! Hey nice to meet you! English Lit is what I want to study ahhh so exciting *___*

psst your Skydancer baby Kveikur is so pretty. So so pretty.
@Daud

(lets hope I got the whole forum ping thing right otherwise I'll look like a butt whoops)
but anyway thank you! And goodness, I didn't know if there were many uni students here or not, I'm glad I at lest found one other person! What are you studying? And how is it going for you? The work load this year is killing me. First year was sort of "oh you're in university now work a tiny bit harder than high school" but second year is sort of "if you're still sane at the end of this, you haven't worked hard enough"

Also I see in your signature that you're playing Skyrim? Isn't it literally THE BEST? I'm so sad that I can't afford the subscription to Elder Scrolls Online, I would sell my soul to play !!

@achathriel

Wasn't it the very worst thing ever to wait? I kept seeing people on other websites talk about FR and I couldn't help thinking includemeplease. I wanted an account SO BADLY that when I saw someone I watch on Deviantart post a journal about the open registration, I dropped everything I was doing and ran to my laptop faster than I have ever ran in my life like, I cannot begin to explain how excited I was.

And English Lit s amazing!! I plan on getting a PhD in it (I still have a very long way to go, I'm still working on the undergraduate degree) but my grades are high enough. The only problem with it is that there is almost no substantial jobs you can get with a Lit degree other than teaching and if I'm being honest I don't like kids very much. The best part though? You can curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and say "yes, I am studying"
@Daud

(lets hope I got the whole forum ping thing right otherwise I'll look like a butt whoops)
but anyway thank you! And goodness, I didn't know if there were many uni students here or not, I'm glad I at lest found one other person! What are you studying? And how is it going for you? The work load this year is killing me. First year was sort of "oh you're in university now work a tiny bit harder than high school" but second year is sort of "if you're still sane at the end of this, you haven't worked hard enough"

Also I see in your signature that you're playing Skyrim? Isn't it literally THE BEST? I'm so sad that I can't afford the subscription to Elder Scrolls Online, I would sell my soul to play !!

@achathriel

Wasn't it the very worst thing ever to wait? I kept seeing people on other websites talk about FR and I couldn't help thinking includemeplease. I wanted an account SO BADLY that when I saw someone I watch on Deviantart post a journal about the open registration, I dropped everything I was doing and ran to my laptop faster than I have ever ran in my life like, I cannot begin to explain how excited I was.

And English Lit s amazing!! I plan on getting a PhD in it (I still have a very long way to go, I'm still working on the undergraduate degree) but my grades are high enough. The only problem with it is that there is almost no substantial jobs you can get with a Lit degree other than teaching and if I'm being honest I don't like kids very much. The best part though? You can curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and say "yes, I am studying"

i hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips