Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragons Of Pern Series
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
@Nightwhisper666 I don't have the slightest problem with his books, there's a slight focus shift but honestly otherwise I can hardly tell his books from Anne's. I think people overreact lol
@Nightwhisper666 I don't have the slightest problem with his books, there's a slight focus shift but honestly otherwise I can hardly tell his books from Anne's. I think people overreact lol
95154e6f88761c97ae7010a4917ba626.gif
@Freydra

People probably don't like the fact someone else other than Anne is writing XD

What do you think of the characters?
@Freydra

People probably don't like the fact someone else other than Anne is writing XD

What do you think of the characters?
“Gently my mind escapes into the relaxing mode of pleasure.
A pleasure that will take my mind off the reality of life."
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 I like the ones I'm supposed to like and hate the ones I'm supposed to hate lol like I said sometime background characters could be flat but personally I never disliked anyone that I wasn't supposed to
@Nightwhisper666 I like the ones I'm supposed to like and hate the ones I'm supposed to hate lol like I said sometime background characters could be flat but personally I never disliked anyone that I wasn't supposed to
@Freydra

Alrighty, thanks! I was just curious.

And... why do you think there are so many negative reviews of the series?
@Freydra

Alrighty, thanks! I was just curious.

And... why do you think there are so many negative reviews of the series?
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 probably just because there are so many... People will do their best to find something wrong with anything and there are a lot of books in this series so there's something for everyone to pick apart if that makes sense
@Nightwhisper666 probably just because there are so many... People will do their best to find something wrong with anything and there are a lot of books in this series so there's something for everyone to pick apart if that makes sense
@Freydra

Yea, I know a couple of fandoms that are like that XD

Does it still have an active fanbase?

@Freydra

Yea, I know a couple of fandoms that are like that XD

Does it still have an active fanbase?

--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 I may be the wrong person to ask about the fan base, as I'm not the kind of person that matters to... I see fan art once in a while but other than that I wouldn't know lol
@Nightwhisper666 I may be the wrong person to ask about the fan base, as I'm not the kind of person that matters to... I see fan art once in a while but other than that I wouldn't know lol
@Freydra

Alright, thank you for your time!
@Freydra

Alright, thank you for your time!
--Slipknot
It (the fandom) tends to pick up whenever there's a new book, and there was one just released this month. The RP scene, on their own little sites, is fairly active. On older forums, you'll actually still see quite a few original fans--like ones who knew Anne herself personally--who are active and still discussing it, but because of their age, it's harder to get into and discuss with them since they're scattered all about in forums.

But you will find a lot of casual fans who aren't really IN the fandom. DRoP basically shaped almost all dragon related fiction as we know it, and it was an influential sci-fi series, so a lot of people have read it. You'd be surprised!
It (the fandom) tends to pick up whenever there's a new book, and there was one just released this month. The RP scene, on their own little sites, is fairly active. On older forums, you'll actually still see quite a few original fans--like ones who knew Anne herself personally--who are active and still discussing it, but because of their age, it's harder to get into and discuss with them since they're scattered all about in forums.

But you will find a lot of casual fans who aren't really IN the fandom. DRoP basically shaped almost all dragon related fiction as we know it, and it was an influential sci-fi series, so a lot of people have read it. You'd be surprised!
Pard-ra? Par-dra? I sound like a Thundercats character. Click please? .gif.gif
@Pardra

May I get a link to the forum? I would love to check it out!
@Pardra

May I get a link to the forum? I would love to check it out!
--Slipknot
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45