Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Marvel- Avengers: Infinity War (Spoilers
1 2 3 4
@Bronzewing

I have no words.

@Drenarrow

I am a little scared for the Captain Marvel movie, it didn't seem as exciting as the other trailers. But leave it to Marvel to think one thing will happen, *Coug Cough* Thanos would die *Cough* and another thing happen that surprises everyone. *Cough* Kill half the universe. *Cough*
@Bronzewing

I have no words.

@Drenarrow

I am a little scared for the Captain Marvel movie, it didn't seem as exciting as the other trailers. But leave it to Marvel to think one thing will happen, *Coug Cough* Thanos would die *Cough* and another thing happen that surprises everyone. *Cough* Kill half the universe. *Cough*
Exotic Arcanist Idol Sopping Tidelord Sackdoll Lost Gladekeeper Sackdoll Soft Lightweaver Idol Playful Windsinger Puppet
Deadpool is definitely not going to join, for starters. Based on the leaks and the like, A4s plotline that I believe has been blasted everywhere on social media (time travel).

Ant-Man isn't a character I'm overly fond of, so he can do what he wishes. I'm excited to see Ronin, however.

I'm hoping that Cap will lay down the shield (Have you read the Death of Captain America? The suits are the same) and Bucky will pick it up. Personally, Buckycap>>>Falcap.

Loki, though he's my favorite villain by far, should probably stay dead. If Tom Hiddleston's done playing him and his story arc is over, then it should be left at that. Gamora on the otherhand I firmly believe is returning, and so is Vision. Time travel and all.

I'm excited for some fresh faces. I feel like the set up with Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, The Wasp, Ant-Man, Capt. Marvel, and the Guardians is very solidly placed and the original six could use a bit of retiring. Not that I'm not sad to see them go, but you'll have to say goodbye someday anyways (or, if you want a superhero quote, "[They] all gotta die sometime") and this is a good stepping off point.
Deadpool is definitely not going to join, for starters. Based on the leaks and the like, A4s plotline that I believe has been blasted everywhere on social media (time travel).

Ant-Man isn't a character I'm overly fond of, so he can do what he wishes. I'm excited to see Ronin, however.

I'm hoping that Cap will lay down the shield (Have you read the Death of Captain America? The suits are the same) and Bucky will pick it up. Personally, Buckycap>>>Falcap.

Loki, though he's my favorite villain by far, should probably stay dead. If Tom Hiddleston's done playing him and his story arc is over, then it should be left at that. Gamora on the otherhand I firmly believe is returning, and so is Vision. Time travel and all.

I'm excited for some fresh faces. I feel like the set up with Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, The Wasp, Ant-Man, Capt. Marvel, and the Guardians is very solidly placed and the original six could use a bit of retiring. Not that I'm not sad to see them go, but you'll have to say goodbye someday anyways (or, if you want a superhero quote, "[They] all gotta die sometime") and this is a good stepping off point.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
Oh, Infinity War thread :D, May I join? :)

It hurts me a lot to write this, but I hope everyone killed before the snap will stay dead. Getting them back will seriously undermine the threat Thanos poses, thus making the emotional scenes from IW completely unnecesary, and oh boi, I cried during all of them (and during the one when Tony almost dies :D) I had no idea how attached I am to those characters and to be honest I enjoyed the fact that noone was safe during the movie.

About Avengers 4, my guess is that Cap dies with Bucky getting the shield and Tony's PTSD gets so strong he has to step up from being Iron Man, becoming a human wreck. I've never read the comics or watched cartoons so I don't get attached to those statements and I'd be surprised if they're correct. Anyway, hope we're not getting a happy ending, bittersweet one would be much more realistic and...enjoyable?

Looks like I'm not the only one slightly scared for Captain Marvel. The trailers aren't very promising but I keep my fingers crossed. I'd love to see another female character that isn't just a love interest.

Sorry for mistakes, english isn't my native language, I'd love to improve it, though :D
Oh, Infinity War thread :D, May I join? :)

It hurts me a lot to write this, but I hope everyone killed before the snap will stay dead. Getting them back will seriously undermine the threat Thanos poses, thus making the emotional scenes from IW completely unnecesary, and oh boi, I cried during all of them (and during the one when Tony almost dies :D) I had no idea how attached I am to those characters and to be honest I enjoyed the fact that noone was safe during the movie.

About Avengers 4, my guess is that Cap dies with Bucky getting the shield and Tony's PTSD gets so strong he has to step up from being Iron Man, becoming a human wreck. I've never read the comics or watched cartoons so I don't get attached to those statements and I'd be surprised if they're correct. Anyway, hope we're not getting a happy ending, bittersweet one would be much more realistic and...enjoyable?

Looks like I'm not the only one slightly scared for Captain Marvel. The trailers aren't very promising but I keep my fingers crossed. I'd love to see another female character that isn't just a love interest.

Sorry for mistakes, english isn't my native language, I'd love to improve it, though :D
@Everyone

Those are very strong points, I am really exited but nervous at the same time to see what will happen...

Personally, seeing anyone not make it would end me, but hey, it's a war, we all know a few are going to die.

Or more.

@Kaique

Interesting, I agree with the fact that Cap might not make it, and Bucky will take over. Even though Bucky isn't my favorite, I can see it.

ANd YES. The Captain Marvel trailer is just a little nervracking... I don't know if it will be super good or not.

Marvel works in mysterious ways, but I am super excited for Avengers 4.

I'm till suffering from PIWD. (Post Infinity War Depression)
@Everyone

Those are very strong points, I am really exited but nervous at the same time to see what will happen...

Personally, seeing anyone not make it would end me, but hey, it's a war, we all know a few are going to die.

Or more.

@Kaique

Interesting, I agree with the fact that Cap might not make it, and Bucky will take over. Even though Bucky isn't my favorite, I can see it.

ANd YES. The Captain Marvel trailer is just a little nervracking... I don't know if it will be super good or not.

Marvel works in mysterious ways, but I am super excited for Avengers 4.

I'm till suffering from PIWD. (Post Infinity War Depression)
Exotic Arcanist Idol Sopping Tidelord Sackdoll Lost Gladekeeper Sackdoll Soft Lightweaver Idol Playful Windsinger Puppet
I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's Iron Man who perma dies because RDJ has been trying to quit the franchise for a while now.
I'm going out on a limb here and saying it's Iron Man who perma dies because RDJ has been trying to quit the franchise for a while now.
xe/xyr/xem
@Capricas

That makes me sad.. Iron Man is my absolute favorite... I've seen his movie over 50 times, rip my heart.
@Capricas

That makes me sad.. Iron Man is my absolute favorite... I've seen his movie over 50 times, rip my heart.
I can understand the actors wanting to leave, I can't blame them...But I can still/will be sad for their characters. x) I think it's safe to say that A4 will be fairly emotionally damaging again, but I just hope it's at least bitter sweet, and gives us a good foundation for the next phase.

I think one of the main reasons I don't want Cap to die, is because I just don't want to see Bucky suffer anymore. My poor boi...I'd rather him take up the shield than Sam though. I think they're probably setting that up. He lost the communist star, he was mentally sound in Wakanda...If he's going to stay in this series, where else would his arc go? But of course, as has been said already, Marvel has shocked us before, they could go in a completely different direction.

Do you guys ever worry about the future of Marvel in general? They have us all in the palm of their hand now...But how long can this awesome journey last? I truly hope it isn't any time soon (it's kinda my lifeblood right now), but it seems like all franchises kill themselves eventually.

And then we get reboots.
I can understand the actors wanting to leave, I can't blame them...But I can still/will be sad for their characters. x) I think it's safe to say that A4 will be fairly emotionally damaging again, but I just hope it's at least bitter sweet, and gives us a good foundation for the next phase.

I think one of the main reasons I don't want Cap to die, is because I just don't want to see Bucky suffer anymore. My poor boi...I'd rather him take up the shield than Sam though. I think they're probably setting that up. He lost the communist star, he was mentally sound in Wakanda...If he's going to stay in this series, where else would his arc go? But of course, as has been said already, Marvel has shocked us before, they could go in a completely different direction.

Do you guys ever worry about the future of Marvel in general? They have us all in the palm of their hand now...But how long can this awesome journey last? I truly hope it isn't any time soon (it's kinda my lifeblood right now), but it seems like all franchises kill themselves eventually.

And then we get reboots.
boy, this is something i have a lot of opinions on [b]warning for length and leaks and everything else BIG SPOILERS AHEAD:[/b] V V V Balancing leaks with what we know about both MCU canon and the comic story line - I'm fairly sure that some form of either time or dimensional travel is involved. We see Scott, A4 Tony, and an A1 Steve all with devices on their hand. We know that they've filmed the Helicarrier scene, with Loki being led through (again) for A4. We know that people from the past make appearances (including Howard Stark and Harley Keener). We know that the Russos have said that some characters being revealed would be too much of a spoiler, of which include both Jane Foster and Sif. Including the leaks for outfit design and released toys (Hulkbuster with Hulk inside, Iron Man with his own gauntlet, etc) I'm really prone to believe that Tony winds up organizing his own rag-tag group to create a second gauntlet by taking stones from the past/another dimension or realm. Deadpool cannot join specifically because of outside contracts and stipulations stating they do not take place in the same universe as mainline MCU. I talked about Ant-Man a little earlier, but I didn't include Hawkeye. Outfit reveal that he gets a completely new wardrobe and people are calling it as his new persona, Ronin. I'm 100% on board with that. People who are assumed dead.... I don't know. Russos state that people who are dead are going to stay dead. I don't see a reason to not believe that. GOTG3 was reportedly taking place in between the large, several year gap of GOTG2 and IW, which would allow Gamora to have a role while still technically being 'dead'. People say her soul is in the soul stone. Also plausible, as we don't know a lot about how it works. Loki, though? Also kinda an... "I don't know"? In TDW, when he 'dies' he turns blue like his Jotuun form. Yet when Thanos snaps his neck, we don't see this transformation, though that could simply be from the lighting on the ship, as it's bathed in purple and blown up before we get a chance to see Thor mourn over the body. I feel like he will come back in a sense (especially because Tom Hiddleston was signed for a six episode Loki-centric series by Disney for their streaming service in 2019), but I'm unsure if he'll come back to life. If anything, they might take him from another dimension/time. Everyone snapped will come back. This is inevitable, as Spiderman 2 is confirmed for happening after IW4, Doctor Strange 2 is greenlit and BP2 is in the works. How? I'm still firm in the camp that Tony makes his own gauntlet and reverses the snap. [quote]"Will Captain America or Iron Man die saving the others?"[/quote] Probably. Chris Evans confirmed he's done with playing Captain America and wants to move into directing. His contract expires after A4, so I wouldn't be surprised if he dies and passes the mantle to Bucky. Now, Iron Man. This I have SO MANY theories on because RDJ has constantly renewed contracts after they've expired, including for Civil War, Spiderman, and IW. He's gone on record saying he'll keep playing Iron Man if they keep offering contracts. However, they have been struggling with pay for contracts, as his price increases exponentially, and he is getting older. I really want him to 'retire' after an 'injury' from the gauntlet - but other people are fairly sure he'll die. I'm really 50/50 on his character dying. Would it make a good movie? Sure. Would it make sense for his character arc? Ehh... I don't know. That's a whole different can of worms that I could write on and I'm sure this is long enough already. c":
boy, this is something i have a lot of opinions on
warning for length and leaks and everything else

BIG SPOILERS AHEAD:

V
V
V

Balancing leaks with what we know about both MCU canon and the comic story line - I'm fairly sure that some form of either time or dimensional travel is involved. We see Scott, A4 Tony, and an A1 Steve all with devices on their hand. We know that they've filmed the Helicarrier scene, with Loki being led through (again) for A4. We know that people from the past make appearances (including Howard Stark and Harley Keener). We know that the Russos have said that some characters being revealed would be too much of a spoiler, of which include both Jane Foster and Sif.

Including the leaks for outfit design and released toys (Hulkbuster with Hulk inside, Iron Man with his own gauntlet, etc) I'm really prone to believe that Tony winds up organizing his own rag-tag group to create a second gauntlet by taking stones from the past/another dimension or realm.

Deadpool cannot join specifically because of outside contracts and stipulations stating they do not take place in the same universe as mainline MCU.

I talked about Ant-Man a little earlier, but I didn't include Hawkeye. Outfit reveal that he gets a completely new wardrobe and people are calling it as his new persona, Ronin. I'm 100% on board with that.

People who are assumed dead.... I don't know. Russos state that people who are dead are going to stay dead. I don't see a reason to not believe that. GOTG3 was reportedly taking place in between the large, several year gap of GOTG2 and IW, which would allow Gamora to have a role while still technically being 'dead'. People say her soul is in the soul stone. Also plausible, as we don't know a lot about how it works.

Loki, though? Also kinda an... "I don't know"? In TDW, when he 'dies' he turns blue like his Jotuun form. Yet when Thanos snaps his neck, we don't see this transformation, though that could simply be from the lighting on the ship, as it's bathed in purple and blown up before we get a chance to see Thor mourn over the body. I feel like he will come back in a sense (especially because Tom Hiddleston was signed for a six episode Loki-centric series by Disney for their streaming service in 2019), but I'm unsure if he'll come back to life. If anything, they might take him from another dimension/time.

Everyone snapped will come back. This is inevitable, as Spiderman 2 is confirmed for happening after IW4, Doctor Strange 2 is greenlit and BP2 is in the works. How? I'm still firm in the camp that Tony makes his own gauntlet and reverses the snap.
Quote:
"Will Captain America or Iron Man die saving the others?"

Probably.

Chris Evans confirmed he's done with playing Captain America and wants to move into directing. His contract expires after A4, so I wouldn't be surprised if he dies and passes the mantle to Bucky.

Now, Iron Man. This I have SO MANY theories on because RDJ has constantly renewed contracts after they've expired, including for Civil War, Spiderman, and IW. He's gone on record saying he'll keep playing Iron Man if they keep offering contracts. However, they have been struggling with pay for contracts, as his price increases exponentially, and he is getting older. I really want him to 'retire' after an 'injury' from the gauntlet - but other people are fairly sure he'll die. I'm really 50/50 on his character dying. Would it make a good movie? Sure. Would it make sense for his character arc? Ehh... I don't know. That's a whole different can of worms that I could write on and I'm sure this is long enough already. c":
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

Sorry, huge Marvel fan here!! I am super excited for Captain Marvel. I have faith in the Russo brothers to make sure she's not an overpowered character like Superman.

I think Antman will have a huge role in A4. Being in the quantum realm and all. I'm really excited to see how he gets out.

I'm super excited!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sorry, huge Marvel fan here!! I am super excited for Captain Marvel. I have faith in the Russo brothers to make sure she's not an overpowered character like Superman.

I think Antman will have a huge role in A4. Being in the quantum realm and all. I'm really excited to see how he gets out.

I'm super excited!!
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
I'M SO SCARED FOR AVENGERS 4--

anyway, infinity war killed me. it made me more dead inside than i already was.

i really got into marvel when thor: ragnarok came out, and i binged most of the other movies soon after its release after seeing it in theaters for no apparent reason, then infinity war came and ruined my life.

...please just let tony come out alive...

also!! i don't really care THAT much for steve (sorry cap) but if he dies, bucky would be majorly screwed up, and that would break me since bucky is my favorite character ever???

and on a more random note, i really miss pietro and i heard aaron taylor-johnson was seen on set for A4 and i'm hyped but also a little scared
I'M SO SCARED FOR AVENGERS 4--

anyway, infinity war killed me. it made me more dead inside than i already was.

i really got into marvel when thor: ragnarok came out, and i binged most of the other movies soon after its release after seeing it in theaters for no apparent reason, then infinity war came and ruined my life.

...please just let tony come out alive...

also!! i don't really care THAT much for steve (sorry cap) but if he dies, bucky would be majorly screwed up, and that would break me since bucky is my favorite character ever???

and on a more random note, i really miss pietro and i heard aaron taylor-johnson was seen on set for A4 and i'm hyped but also a little scared
1 2 3 4