Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just exalted my progens' first child.
I thought I'd make a post to honor her. She was and still is super important in my lore. This is Tereshkova. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30065584][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/300656/30065584_350.png[/img][/url] She doesn't look like much, but in my lore, she was the head of the rocket sciences division at the Baikonur Space Agency. She was the definition of genius in her field, practically the Korolev or Von Braun of her time. Just adding to how impressive her resume is is that she's blind, and she came into her field in a time when it was hard for blind dragons to get anywhere. She worked with the help of her assistant Savitskaya. Savitskaya was Tereshkova's eyes, and translated Tereshkova's concepts into diagrams which seeing dragons could look to for guidance. Tereshkova truly proved that through hard work and dedication, you didn't need vision to be a visionary, and that genius is experience with a spark of creativity. Unfortunately, I'm moving away from the era of my lore she fit into... so I've exalted her. She still holds her place in my clan's history, though. The BSA has two launchpads: one in Lightning, the Gagarin Launchpad, and one in Arcane, the Tereshkova Launch Complex (whose operations are shared with an agency in the Starfall Aisles, but that's another story). The launchpad was named for Tereshkova to commemorate one of the dragons who was critical to the development of BSA during the most formative stages of its conception. I'm not sure how I'll treat Tereshkova in my lore. Perhaps she retired. Or perhaps, aligning more with my own headcanons about exaltation, she's enlisted in the Lightning Imperial Air Force, where her rocket expertise will be put into use in experimental aircraft and combat. [center][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/fa85029e96d2fd26233ab2b81fb70ec0/tumblr_pf8g94Kz4B1sblagj_400.jpg[/img][img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/4b4b1ea307f05b6b7f3cbf896d2cb64b/tumblr_pf8g94zkhm1sblagj_400.jpg[/img][/center] Godspeed, Tereshkova. You laid the foundations for our road to the stars.
I thought I'd make a post to honor her. She was and still is super important in my lore.

This is Tereshkova.

30065584_350.png

She doesn't look like much, but in my lore, she was the head of the rocket sciences division at the Baikonur Space Agency. She was the definition of genius in her field, practically the Korolev or Von Braun of her time.

Just adding to how impressive her resume is is that she's blind, and she came into her field in a time when it was hard for blind dragons to get anywhere. She worked with the help of her assistant Savitskaya. Savitskaya was Tereshkova's eyes, and translated Tereshkova's concepts into diagrams which seeing dragons could look to for guidance. Tereshkova truly proved that through hard work and dedication, you didn't need vision to be a visionary, and that genius is experience with a spark of creativity.

Unfortunately, I'm moving away from the era of my lore she fit into... so I've exalted her.

She still holds her place in my clan's history, though.

The BSA has two launchpads: one in Lightning, the Gagarin Launchpad, and one in Arcane, the Tereshkova Launch Complex (whose operations are shared with an agency in the Starfall Aisles, but that's another story). The launchpad was named for Tereshkova to commemorate one of the dragons who was critical to the development of BSA during the most formative stages of its conception.

I'm not sure how I'll treat Tereshkova in my lore. Perhaps she retired. Or perhaps, aligning more with my own headcanons about exaltation, she's enlisted in the Lightning Imperial Air Force, where her rocket expertise will be put into use in experimental aircraft and combat.
tumblr_pf8g94Kz4B1sblagj_400.jpgtumblr_pf8g94zkhm1sblagj_400.jpg

Godspeed, Tereshkova. You laid the foundations for our road to the stars.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Mood
Mood
Clan Lore
F
F
Godspeed, Tereshkova! The contributions you made to the field are great and many. Good luck on all your future endeavors!
Godspeed, Tereshkova! The contributions you made to the field are great and many. Good luck on all your future endeavors!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
F

I eventually had to exalt my entire first nest from my progens bc lair space
F

I eventually had to exalt my entire first nest from my progens bc lair space
F
F
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
F

you shall be remembered and honoured
F

you shall be remembered and honoured
D03a4pf.png
fat f
fat f
:D
History will now remind you :3
You had been great, let's be even greater in you new life !

Thanks for sharing her :3
History will now remind you :3
You had been great, let's be even greater in you new life !

Thanks for sharing her :3
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)