Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | #notinmygenepool
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Filigree, and in a lower extent Crystal and Facet.

The only facet dragon in my lair is for a breeding challenge and after that he will be sent to the Plaguemom because only the Plaguemother can tolerate it. However I have a pair of fandragons in mind who will need crystal if no better gene is created for the sake of big, pointy and plate-like scales (sadly wasp is just too smooth).

But Filigree... the first time I saw it (in the update thing) I though "oh this is a great idea, may look cool!"... but just a few scryes later I realized the truth: I largely prefer having Basic Tert instead.
Filigree doesn't work with anything, even Basic. Is always having the shadows the wrong way, popping the wrong way, looking too rigid, too plain, like a bunch of metal scrapping the wings and body of the dragon. Is always wrong. Have been months of stalking share threads and hatcheries and still haven't found a single scry that shows that Filigree is a good option for something that would stay in my lair.

For the sake of colors: I like all colors but PINK range. Sorry but not in my lair, otherwise will be sent to Plegmum.
Filigree, and in a lower extent Crystal and Facet.

The only facet dragon in my lair is for a breeding challenge and after that he will be sent to the Plaguemom because only the Plaguemother can tolerate it. However I have a pair of fandragons in mind who will need crystal if no better gene is created for the sake of big, pointy and plate-like scales (sadly wasp is just too smooth).

But Filigree... the first time I saw it (in the update thing) I though "oh this is a great idea, may look cool!"... but just a few scryes later I realized the truth: I largely prefer having Basic Tert instead.
Filigree doesn't work with anything, even Basic. Is always having the shadows the wrong way, popping the wrong way, looking too rigid, too plain, like a bunch of metal scrapping the wings and body of the dragon. Is always wrong. Have been months of stalking share threads and hatcheries and still haven't found a single scry that shows that Filigree is a good option for something that would stay in my lair.

For the sake of colors: I like all colors but PINK range. Sorry but not in my lair, otherwise will be sent to Plegmum.
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

My lair is a hardline no petals zone. I dunno why, I just really don't like it. I really don't like crystal either, but that I can make exceptions for at least.

As for breeds, not too big on nocs, female imps, or (especially) female wildclaws. But again, exceptions can be made.

There aren't any colors I particularly hate, though.
My lair is a hardline no petals zone. I dunno why, I just really don't like it. I really don't like crystal either, but that I can make exceptions for at least.

As for breeds, not too big on nocs, female imps, or (especially) female wildclaws. But again, exceptions can be made.

There aren't any colors I particularly hate, though.
No triples. And probably no doubles.

You can make so many amazing color combos here. I have never understood why XXX white or obsidian would be a goal...
No triples. And probably no doubles.

You can make so many amazing color combos here. I have never understood why XXX white or obsidian would be a goal...
oEhX17b.gif

>> INFP/HSP
>> she/her
>> FR +2
..... 30KAjWv.gif2tjWIkO.gif
List time:

No
Ridgebacks
Snappers
Daub
Hex
Crackle
Giraffe
Clown
Ripple
Blood
Murk
Spring

Mayybe
Boldness
Circuit
List time:

No
Ridgebacks
Snappers
Daub
Hex
Crackle
Giraffe
Clown
Ripple
Blood
Murk
Spring

Mayybe
Boldness
Circuit
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o1_r1_100.gif
"Swimming: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it." 63Nkadh.png
I'm making some exceptions for my breed-out-the-ugly challenge, but otherwise:

No crackle. Not EVER. It makes me physically uncomfortable.
No cryface. I can tolerate facet but crystal is a hard no.
No contour. I'm tolerating it on one dragon until I can afford to regene him but its days are numbered.

I also really dislike matchy gene pairs (i.e. giraffe/hex, falcon/peregrine, bar/daub) even when I like the individual genes matched with other genes.

There are no breeds or breed/gender combos I can't stand, but I never seem to keep too many tundras around. We're in the jungle, they don't like the heat, it's just how these things go.

On colors, I for some reason hate platinum with every fiber of my being, but that's about it. I don't love denim and steel but they keep popping up thanks to the range of a couple of pairs I do love, so I just live with it.
I'm making some exceptions for my breed-out-the-ugly challenge, but otherwise:

No crackle. Not EVER. It makes me physically uncomfortable.
No cryface. I can tolerate facet but crystal is a hard no.
No contour. I'm tolerating it on one dragon until I can afford to regene him but its days are numbered.

I also really dislike matchy gene pairs (i.e. giraffe/hex, falcon/peregrine, bar/daub) even when I like the individual genes matched with other genes.

There are no breeds or breed/gender combos I can't stand, but I never seem to keep too many tundras around. We're in the jungle, they don't like the heat, it's just how these things go.

On colors, I for some reason hate platinum with every fiber of my being, but that's about it. I don't love denim and steel but they keep popping up thanks to the range of a couple of pairs I do love, so I just live with it.
TH15wMc.png
Snappers are banned from my lair. Forever. Always. No Snapper has even visited my lair and I'd like to keep it that way.
Snappers are banned from my lair. Forever. Always. No Snapper has even visited my lair and I'd like to keep it that way.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
Snappers, Hypnotic, Bogsneaks.
But especially Snappers. Chubchub I love you (see my lair) but you will never breed. EVER.
Snappers, Hypnotic, Bogsneaks.
But especially Snappers. Chubchub I love you (see my lair) but you will never breed. EVER.
Male snappers. Just stop. They're so ugly. I'm sorry. I believe any breed or gene can look good in some way, but I've never seen a male snapper I liked that wasn't a joke. When it comes to capsule though, the liquid isn't actually in place of their organs. There's a thin strip of skin between the liquid and the belly/neck/whatever. I'll edit in my boy Wuyi in a second and try to explain using him as a model [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38323436] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/383235/38323436_350.png[/img] [/url] It's pretty simple, of you look at the part of his neck that isn't filled with tea there's a layer of skin keeping the tea separate from his organs. I personally headcannon that dragons with capsule turn their fat into a liquid which they store in said capsule. When they need that extra energy, they just absorb the liquid through the skin and into whichever part of the body needs it. Like how frogs drink water through their skin. (I'm pretty sure that's a thing frogs do)(Except for Wuyi, he's filled with tea)
Male snappers. Just stop. They're so ugly. I'm sorry. I believe any breed or gene can look good in some way, but I've never seen a male snapper I liked that wasn't a joke.

When it comes to capsule though, the liquid isn't actually in place of their organs. There's a thin strip of skin between the liquid and the belly/neck/whatever.
I'll edit in my boy Wuyi in a second and try to explain using him as a model

38323436_350.png

It's pretty simple, of you look at the part of his neck that isn't filled with tea there's a layer of skin keeping the tea separate from his organs.
I personally headcannon that dragons with capsule turn their fat into a liquid which they store in said capsule. When they need that extra energy, they just absorb the liquid through the skin and into whichever part of the body needs it. Like how frogs drink water through their skin. (I'm pretty sure that's a thing frogs do)(Except for Wuyi, he's filled with tea)
Crystal ans facet don't have really much use for me and I don't ser the hype on obsidian XXX & XXY, and other popular combos like ice... But I do have a ice XXX cry/fac bc she was one of my first dragons :')

Other than that
Iri/shim
What are those things, they look awful 90% of the time, if I get a dragon with it chanches are I'm going to change their genes

Not a fan of firefly too, it has its uses buuut they're very very limited
Same with gembond, I only have one dragon with it for lore reason, I've yet to find any other dragon that wouldn't look better with another tert

I used to dislike greatly pearlcatchers, especially females, but I've grown past that
I mean my only PC is female and I love her to bits
Crystal ans facet don't have really much use for me and I don't ser the hype on obsidian XXX & XXY, and other popular combos like ice... But I do have a ice XXX cry/fac bc she was one of my first dragons :')

Other than that
Iri/shim
What are those things, they look awful 90% of the time, if I get a dragon with it chanches are I'm going to change their genes

Not a fan of firefly too, it has its uses buuut they're very very limited
Same with gembond, I only have one dragon with it for lore reason, I've yet to find any other dragon that wouldn't look better with another tert

I used to dislike greatly pearlcatchers, especially females, but I've grown past that
I mean my only PC is female and I love her to bits
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
I will tolerate any dragon.

If I see potential, whether lore or appearance, I won't hesitate to rescue them from being fodder. But there is an exception.

Scales.

I hate how wrinkly it looks. While such a thing isn't bad on its own, the way it stands out with its wrinkliness and general ugliness is awful. I will never love a dragon with Scales. I can think of a million better terms for it including Basic. BASIC is an improvement over Scales.
I will tolerate any dragon.

If I see potential, whether lore or appearance, I won't hesitate to rescue them from being fodder. But there is an exception.

Scales.

I hate how wrinkly it looks. While such a thing isn't bad on its own, the way it stands out with its wrinkliness and general ugliness is awful. I will never love a dragon with Scales. I can think of a million better terms for it including Basic. BASIC is an improvement over Scales.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14