Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 304 305
I love the primal and glow eyes I really do. However, if I wanted to play a body horror game I would go replay resident evil or join Plague flight.

I join Arcane because I was looking for a family friendly game I could relax too. Now I don't want to touch my nests or surf the auctions for fear of getting multi gaze.
I love the primal and glow eyes I really do. However, if I wanted to play a body horror game I would go replay resident evil or join Plague flight.

I join Arcane because I was looking for a family friendly game I could relax too. Now I don't want to touch my nests or surf the auctions for fear of getting multi gaze.
.tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png 8DyXvaa.pngQMvFMzB.png .
Gosh I really love this event and all the different eyes that come with it
But
What I don't like is that once this event is over, I have absolutely 0 control over what type of eyes I get and I cannot change them afterwards since the scatterscrolls for the eyes are retiring permanently minus the glowing eyes

If I get an amazing genone and it would look fantastic with Primal eyes, but I hatched it next month, well then I'm just out of luck and that's terrible. If I finally hatch the colours I want out of a breeding project but it ends up with the wrong type, then I've just got to pitch it cause I can't change the eyes.

Like, make them much harder to get-Eliminate level drop chances in the Coliseum, make them require high-level brewing components for Baldwin-- but don't get rid of them entirely
Gosh I really love this event and all the different eyes that come with it
But
What I don't like is that once this event is over, I have absolutely 0 control over what type of eyes I get and I cannot change them afterwards since the scatterscrolls for the eyes are retiring permanently minus the glowing eyes

If I get an amazing genone and it would look fantastic with Primal eyes, but I hatched it next month, well then I'm just out of luck and that's terrible. If I finally hatch the colours I want out of a breeding project but it ends up with the wrong type, then I've just got to pitch it cause I can't change the eyes.

Like, make them much harder to get-Eliminate level drop chances in the Coliseum, make them require high-level brewing components for Baldwin-- but don't get rid of them entirely
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.pngtumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
22 || She/Her || +2 FR Time
Dragon Dressup Service || Wishlist
I'm hoping that the radio silence is just because they're discussing the complaints we have brought up.

Although a short statement saying such would go a long way here...
I'm hoping that the radio silence is just because they're discussing the complaints we have brought up.

Although a short statement saying such would go a long way here...
photofunky.gif
okay lemme add one more thing to this. someone probably pointed it out already, but im not gonna go through all 200+ pages of comments xD i don't like how random multi-gaze looks like on different breeds let's take this tuntun for example [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=941adb446c640807be02d2cd644e9821b56e6c5c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] its 2 primary eyes have round pupils, but additional multiple eyes have slit pupils. why? same with mirrors. they don't have pupils at all, but their additional eyes have slit pupils as well [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=4e055c404ba0440f8f8087c4400bd149ca2d48b1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] it looks like it was made for one breed specyfically and then copy pasted on others. it works with spirals, coatls and pearlcatchers for example since they appear to have slit pupils in their hatchling art as well [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=1a59056833b39c949f1a6515b6c6d1ac61bcb5e0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] but looks kinda out of place on others if its kind of a mutation let's call it, wouldnt it be more rational for all breeds have the multigaze eyes just as the original ones? kinda like genes all appear kinda differently on all breeds. it would make it more unique i like multi-gaze and i would definitely want it on a few of my dragons, but this little detail really irks me design wise
okay lemme add one more thing to this. someone probably pointed it out already, but im not gonna go through all 200+ pages of comments xD

i don't like how random multi-gaze looks like on different breeds
let's take this tuntun for example
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=941adb446c640807be02d2cd644e9821b56e6c5c&dummyext=prev.png
its 2 primary eyes have round pupils, but additional multiple eyes have slit pupils. why?
same with mirrors. they don't have pupils at all, but their additional eyes have slit pupils as well
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=4e055c404ba0440f8f8087c4400bd149ca2d48b1&dummyext=prev.png
it looks like it was made for one breed specyfically and then copy pasted on others.
it works with spirals, coatls and pearlcatchers for example since they appear to have slit pupils in their hatchling art as well
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=4&breed=4&element=9&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=126&tertgene=20&winggene=0&wings=140&auth=1a59056833b39c949f1a6515b6c6d1ac61bcb5e0&dummyext=prev.png
but looks kinda out of place on others
if its kind of a mutation let's call it, wouldnt it be more rational for all breeds have the multigaze eyes just as the original ones? kinda like genes all appear kinda differently on all breeds. it would make it more unique
i like multi-gaze and i would definitely want it on a few of my dragons, but this little detail really irks me design wise
I love it especially the eyes and congrats on the 5 years!
I love it especially the eyes and congrats on the 5 years!
[quote name="Arreat" date="2018-06-09 10:06:55" ] Some weenies whining in this thread are why we don't have amazing bloody skin/accents anymore. If a bunch of pixels on your screen is that offensive the site might not be suited for you. Asking the admins to keep caving over and over again is ruining the experience of others. Some people gonna enjoy the gore/blood/ooze-y parts. That's life. It's not coming into your house and throwing your furniture around. I get that there is actual phobias and 'triggers' out there but the vast majority of people here whine because it's a I don't like it pls remove ordeal. Nothing else besides that. ANYWAYS thanks FR staff this was an amazing update. Frustrating that it is limited but the brewing has been made ez. (Don't ping. Not going to respond.) [/quote] arent you sweet
Arreat wrote on 2018-06-09 10:06:55:
Some weenies whining in this thread are why we don't have amazing bloody skin/accents anymore. If a bunch of pixels on your screen is that offensive the site might not be suited for you. Asking the admins to keep caving over and over again is ruining the experience of others.

Some people gonna enjoy the gore/blood/ooze-y parts. That's life. It's not coming into your house and throwing your furniture around. I get that there is actual phobias and 'triggers' out there but the vast majority of people here whine because it's a I don't like it pls remove ordeal. Nothing else besides that.

ANYWAYS thanks FR staff this was an amazing update. Frustrating that it is limited but the brewing has been made ez.

(Don't ping. Not going to respond.)

arent you sweet
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
@ScienceSparrow It's all RNG. so any venue will do..I had 2 drop within 5 minutes and then none for hours
@ScienceSparrow It's all RNG. so any venue will do..I had 2 drop within 5 minutes and then none for hours
I feel like maybe a free "randomize/change eyes" button (or one that only costs 50 treasure to use or is restricted to babies or something) that people can press to get the eyes they want would help things, at least in my opinion. The randomness of eye types makes it seem as if it wouldn't affect gameplay that much to just press a button and get a new eye type every time, and with eyes being a squick for certain people, it would be worth it to make some aspect of it changeable, even temporarily.

At the very least give people a way to alter eyes if needed, or make it work like genes do, please? I can alter the rest of my dragon if I want to (even if I have to save up treasure to do so) so this could be similar, and it might not affect gameplay all that much, from what I know.
I feel like maybe a free "randomize/change eyes" button (or one that only costs 50 treasure to use or is restricted to babies or something) that people can press to get the eyes they want would help things, at least in my opinion. The randomness of eye types makes it seem as if it wouldn't affect gameplay that much to just press a button and get a new eye type every time, and with eyes being a squick for certain people, it would be worth it to make some aspect of it changeable, even temporarily.

At the very least give people a way to alter eyes if needed, or make it work like genes do, please? I can alter the rest of my dragon if I want to (even if I have to save up treasure to do so) so this could be similar, and it might not affect gameplay all that much, from what I know.
piq_433326_100x100.png
I'm going to say this up front.

This sounds horri?le. The eyes should not ?e a fixed option.
I don't really care if you have to pay for randomized eyes or pay to not have randomized eyes, I just want the option to guarantee NORMAL EYES.
I'm going to say this up front.

This sounds horri?le. The eyes should not ?e a fixed option.
I don't really care if you have to pay for randomized eyes or pay to not have randomized eyes, I just want the option to guarantee NORMAL EYES.
At the bare minimum, a button or scroll or vial to revert eyes to common. Keep the random mutation but let us turn it back to basic.

Multi-eye just vexes me because it was so clearly the plague eye and then they decided to make it every flight even though it makes absolutely no sense for most flights.
At the bare minimum, a button or scroll or vial to revert eyes to common. Keep the random mutation but let us turn it back to basic.

Multi-eye just vexes me because it was so clearly the plague eye and then they decided to make it every flight even though it makes absolutely no sense for most flights.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
1 2 ... 225 226 227 228 229 ... 304 305