Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [persona rp / sign up] overgrowth
1 2
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bf69/f/2018/104/5/7/header_by_dingyradio-dc8scqa.png[/img] [rule] [columns][size=6][b]O V E R G R O W T H[/b] [nextcol] [color=transparent]..... [nextcol] [size=3] a [b]Persona[/b] inspired roleplay. [/columns] [rule] [columns][color=#000000]A small town on the rural side of Japan has a few secrets of their own. One being a sickness that has been deemed as incurable. While it is a rare occurrence, the town has tried to sweep it under the rug for decades due to not wanting any media outfire on them and the disease. However, in the past few years, this disease has become increasingly more and more frequent than before... [b]With this new and sudden outburst, everyone in the town is restless for a miracle.[/b] This roleplay will take place right before the sudden outburst of the sickness! Each character will have some input in the OOC as well, since I don't entirely got this roleplay planned out fully. So everyone and anyone who joins the roleplay will have some input on what goes on! This roleplay will be tight-knit and applications close after I get a solid group. For right now, one persona-user character per person. But you are free to make up as many NPCs to your heart's content! [nextcol][color=transparent]... [nextcol][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/fef8/f/2018/104/e/f/side_by_dingyradio-dc8sdwm.png[/img] [/columns] [/center][size=2][color=#000000][b]OOC AND IC[/b] will be in a [b]Discord Server[/b] that I send to you via PMs on Flight Rising. You don't have to have played Persona to join, but you should understand the general concept of the games! The theme of this roleplay will be [b]growth[/b] and growing as a person, so make sure your character has room to do so. This roleplay is rated PG-13 but might mention some more heavy topics due to the Mature rating of the Persona games in general. So be sure to be conscious of that! [center][b]some points were inspired by [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wm4SpWToaU&t=54s]this video[/url]![/b]
header_by_dingyradio-dc8scqa.png

O V E R G R O W T H
a Persona inspired roleplay.

A small town on the rural side of Japan has a few secrets of their own. One being a sickness that has been deemed as incurable. While it is a rare occurrence, the town has tried to sweep it under the rug for decades due to not wanting any media outfire on them and the disease. However, in the past few years, this disease has become increasingly more and more frequent than before...

With this new and sudden outburst, everyone in the town is restless for a miracle.

This roleplay will take place right before the sudden outburst of the sickness! Each character will have some input in the OOC as well, since I don't entirely got this roleplay planned out fully. So everyone and anyone who joins the roleplay will have some input on what goes on! This roleplay will be tight-knit and applications close after I get a solid group.

For right now, one persona-user character per person. But you are free to make up as many NPCs to your heart's content!
side_by_dingyradio-dc8sdwm.png
OOC AND IC will be in a Discord Server that I send to you via PMs on Flight Rising. You don't have to have played Persona to join, but you should understand the general concept of the games! The theme of this roleplay will be growth and growing as a person, so make sure your character has room to do so.

This roleplay is rated PG-13 but might mention some more heavy topics due to the Mature rating of the Persona games in general. So be sure to be conscious of that!

some points were inspired by this video!
cg9IgXW.png ......
the name's sage! | i promise i'm not scary
25 • he / him • neutral good
A P P L I C A T I O N
NAME: Your name

AGE / YEAR: Highschool year and then the age

APPEARANCE: Can be a picture or a description!

PERSONALITY: What is your character naturally like?

BACKSTORY: What is the backstory to your character?

PERSONA: The mystical being that allows you to fight the sickness

MAIN ELEMENT: What element does your character specialize in?

ARCANA: You can have any Arcana expect for the Fool (reserved for leaders) and the World

POSITION: Look down below to see what's open!
A P P L I C A T I O N
NAME: Your name

AGE / YEAR: Highschool year and then the age

APPEARANCE: Can be a picture or a description!

PERSONALITY: What is your character naturally like?

BACKSTORY: What is the backstory to your character?

PERSONA: The mystical being that allows you to fight the sickness

MAIN ELEMENT: What element does your character specialize in?

ARCANA: You can have any Arcana expect for the Fool (reserved for leaders) and the World

POSITION: Look down below to see what's open!
cg9IgXW.png ......
C H A R A C T E R S

I will sort this out once I get people joined up. *finger guns*

Needed:
MASCOT Not directly needed, but if you do choose to be the Mascot, you do get to be a talking animal. Is that cool? :,3c

SUPPORT (unlimited) You're part of the roleplay! You can help talk out some plot points, but you're mainly just here for the ride!
C H A R A C T E R S

I will sort this out once I get people joined up. *finger guns*

Needed:
MASCOT Not directly needed, but if you do choose to be the Mascot, you do get to be a talking animal. Is that cool? :,3c

SUPPORT (unlimited) You're part of the roleplay! You can help talk out some plot points, but you're mainly just here for the ride!
cg9IgXW.png ......
[columns][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ac6b/f/2018/107/e/a/3_by_dingyradio-dc93g5q.png[/img] [nextcol][color=transparent].... [nextcol][color=#000000] [b]NAME:[/b] Kaori Egami [b]GENDER:[/b] Female [b]AGE / SCHOOL YEAR:[/b] 16 Years, 2nd year. [b]APPEARANCE:[/b] <--- Picture [b]PERSONA:[/b] [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nona_(mythology)]Nona[/url], the one who spun the thread [b]MAIN ELEMENT:[/b] Garu / Wind [b] ARCANA:[/b] The Fool [b]POSITION:[/b] Leader [b]PERSONALITY:[/b] Kaori is a rather quiet, but very nurtring soul. Reliable, but hating to rely on other people, she will do anything in her power to become the powerful person for her friends and family. Even if that means sacrficing something she loves for the good of others. The girl loves to weave threw other's life and make them the best person they can be. However, along with her nurturing side, she also has a very strong pride. Like mentioned before, she hates allowing others to do things for her. Simple things include; paying for her meal, taking her out somewhere, or even getting her a gift. [/columns][size=2][color=#000000]She wants to be the one to be there for people, and when she views someone as trying either 'upstage' her or if she feels she is becoming a burden to someone, her pride and insecurity tends to act up and get the best of her. She fights for peace and the strength to keep going. Anything she views as unfair or cruel, she won't have a second thought before challenging it head on. [b]BACKSTORY:[/b] Kaori was born and raised in the bustling city of Tokyo. All she ever knew was city life and the amounts of social interactions that surrounded her each day. She enjoyed meeting new people, but always found it rather hard to keep a strong friend because of her sometimes controlling nature. Despite that, she lived a rather happy life... That was, until, her parents decided to move to a small rural part of Japan. Being moderately well-known writers and manga artists, her parents were stuck in a long rut that was deemed almost incurable. So, to combat this, her parents decided that it would be the perfect time to head out and witness the more rural side of living... and maybe get some ideas while they're there. Plucking Kaori out of school, they traveled out to the country and found a small house in the dense country side. Kaori wasn't rather happy about the exchange, considering she was moving from the only life she had known, she still came to the conclusion that she was doing this for her parents. Reluctantly going along with her parent's crazy scheme to get out of their rut, she's now trying to figure out how to survive the country life. That was... until rumors started to float around...
3_by_dingyradio-dc93g5q.png ....

NAME: Kaori Egami

AGE / SCHOOL YEAR: 16 Years, 2nd year.

APPEARANCE: <--- Picture

PERSONA: Nona, the one who spun the thread

MAIN ELEMENT: Garu / Wind

ARCANA: The Fool

POSITION: Leader

PERSONALITY: Kaori is a rather quiet, but very nurtring soul. Reliable, but hating to rely on other people, she will do anything in her power to become the powerful person for her friends and family. Even if that means sacrficing something she loves for the good of others. The girl loves to weave threw other's life and make them the best person they can be.

However, along with her nurturing side, she also has a very strong pride. Like mentioned before, she hates allowing others to do things for her. Simple things include; paying for her meal, taking her out somewhere, or even getting her a gift.

She wants to be the one to be there for people, and when she views someone as trying either 'upstage' her or if she feels she is becoming a burden to someone, her pride and insecurity tends to act up and get the best of her.

She fights for peace and the strength to keep going. Anything she views as unfair or cruel, she won't have a second thought before challenging it head on.

BACKSTORY: Kaori was born and raised in the bustling city of Tokyo. All she ever knew was city life and the amounts of social interactions that surrounded her each day. She enjoyed meeting new people, but always found it rather hard to keep a strong friend because of her sometimes controlling nature. Despite that, she lived a rather happy life...

That was, until, her parents decided to move to a small rural part of Japan. Being moderately well-known writers and manga artists, her parents were stuck in a long rut that was deemed almost incurable. So, to combat this, her parents decided that it would be the perfect time to head out and witness the more rural side of living... and maybe get some ideas while they're there. Plucking Kaori out of school, they traveled out to the country and found a small house in the dense country side.

Kaori wasn't rather happy about the exchange, considering she was moving from the only life she had known, she still came to the conclusion that she was doing this for her parents. Reluctantly going along with her parent's crazy scheme to get out of their rut, she's now trying to figure out how to survive the country life.

That was... until rumors started to float around...
cg9IgXW.png ......
OOOoohhhh! This sounds fun! I haven't yet played Persona, but I am familiar with it, as I really want to play it.

Also, I absolutely love world building (when I am planning novels, I often spend way to much time on it). I would love to be the navigator or at least put in some ideas on world building. I understand that you are probably are still figuring things out. I just wanted to get that out there.

I will work on my character soon!
OOOoohhhh! This sounds fun! I haven't yet played Persona, but I am familiar with it, as I really want to play it.

Also, I absolutely love world building (when I am planning novels, I often spend way to much time on it). I would love to be the navigator or at least put in some ideas on world building. I understand that you are probably are still figuring things out. I just wanted to get that out there.

I will work on my character soon!
Please Click Eggs
10278425.gif10278436.gif10278248.gif10278442.gif10276055.gif10276228.gif10309129.gif10309193.gif
@HazelScar

Sure thing! As long as you got the basic concept of what Persona is and how the game works, then there should be no problem with you getting into the roleplay since this is a brand new story! ^^

Sure thing!! I'll put Nav on hold until you get your character done! I can't wait to see what you come up with! <3
@HazelScar

Sure thing! As long as you got the basic concept of what Persona is and how the game works, then there should be no problem with you getting into the roleplay since this is a brand new story! ^^

Sure thing!! I'll put Nav on hold until you get your character done! I can't wait to see what you come up with! <3
cg9IgXW.png ......
[img]https://images2.alphacoders.com/662/662283.jpg[/img] NAME: Nakagawa Yasahiro (Family name, Personal Name) GENDER: Male AGE / YEAR: 17, 3rd Year APPEARANCE: See Picture PERSONALITY: Yasahiro is generally a quite male, more content to listen to music than to engage in active conversation. A general loner, he is very selective of those he calls friends, and even more choosy on who to put his trust in. Yasahiro is perfectly content on not allowing others to interfere in his life, yet he is strangely helpful. He can often be found offering to help in almost any situation, from cleaning to carrying items for people. Those who have gotten close to him define him as someone who is very trust worthy, but even the closest to him know little about him, as he doesn't seem to wish to talk about himself. His home life is naught but a mystery to everyone except his teachers, as they are legally obligated to know. Upon knowing Yasahiro, people are quick to pick up that he is soft spoken, very rarely raising his voice unless the need to is absolute. He remains calm and cool in the face of adversity, opting to instead try to diffuse the situation rather than escalate it. In the face of hardship, such as exams for most students, he holds fast to this demeanor, often found studying when he has time. However a cry of peril or help will easily pull him from this activity. BACKSTORY: Born in Karuizawa to pair of resort owners, Yasahiro from the beginning had hammered into him proper etiquette and manners. From a young age, he learned to stay on the quite side to allow guests to the illustrious resort town to enjoy their stays, since most were wealthy businessmen looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo for a few hours. He learned proper balance and a handful of massage techniques, being trained from an early age sot hat one day he could take over the family business. At age 6, his baby sister Hikari was born, and for the next few years Yasahiro grew to have her as one of his only friends. All of that changed however as a fire took his parents life. The police never found the source of the fire, but it was believed a rival resort, jealous of their success, had committed the crime, but no one was ever arrested. Orphaned, Yasahiro and Hikari were shipped to the country to live with their grandparents, one an aged Geisha, the other the former owner of their family resort. From here, Yasahiro vowed to help others in need, and to safeguard his sister from the world, knowing full well the horror that now resided in it. He trained under his grandfather in the ways of kendo, his determined, quiet self able to quickly catch on quickly, despite all of his studies as time passed. He dosn't like to discuss what happened, especially around Hikari, but will never hesitate to lend a hand or ear to those that need it. PERSONA: [url=http://yokai.com/baku/]Baku[/url], Devourer of Nightmares MAIN ELEMENT: Psychokinesis ARCANA: Arcana of the Moon POSITION: Support - Member of the team!
662283.jpg

NAME: Nakagawa Yasahiro (Family name, Personal Name)

AGE / YEAR: 17, 3rd Year

APPEARANCE: See Picture

PERSONALITY: Yasahiro is generally a quite male, more content to listen to music than to engage in active conversation. A general loner, he is very selective of those he calls friends, and even more choosy on who to put his trust in. Yasahiro is perfectly content on not allowing others to interfere in his life, yet he is strangely helpful. He can often be found offering to help in almost any situation, from cleaning to carrying items for people. Those who have gotten close to him define him as someone who is very trust worthy, but even the closest to him know little about him, as he doesn't seem to wish to talk about himself. His home life is naught but a mystery to everyone except his teachers, as they are legally obligated to know.

Upon knowing Yasahiro, people are quick to pick up that he is soft spoken, very rarely raising his voice unless the need to is absolute. He remains calm and cool in the face of adversity, opting to instead try to diffuse the situation rather than escalate it. In the face of hardship, such as exams for most students, he holds fast to this demeanor, often found studying when he has time. However a cry of peril or help will easily pull him from this activity.

BACKSTORY: Born in Karuizawa to pair of resort owners, Yasahiro from the beginning had hammered into him proper etiquette and manners. From a young age, he learned to stay on the quite side to allow guests to the illustrious resort town to enjoy their stays, since most were wealthy businessmen looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo for a few hours. He learned proper balance and a handful of massage techniques, being trained from an early age sot hat one day he could take over the family business. At age 6, his baby sister Hikari was born, and for the next few years Yasahiro grew to have her as one of his only friends.

All of that changed however as a fire took his parents life. The police never found the source of the fire, but it was believed a rival resort, jealous of their success, had committed the crime, but no one was ever arrested. Orphaned, Yasahiro and Hikari were shipped to the country to live with their grandparents, one an aged Geisha, the other the former owner of their family resort. From here, Yasahiro vowed to help others in need, and to safeguard his sister from the world, knowing full well the horror that now resided in it. He trained under his grandfather in the ways of kendo, his determined, quiet self able to quickly catch on quickly, despite all of his studies as time passed. He dosn't like to discuss what happened, especially around Hikari, but will never hesitate to lend a hand or ear to those that need it.

PERSONA: Baku, Devourer of Nightmares

MAIN ELEMENT: Psychokinesis

ARCANA: Arcana of the Moon

POSITION: Support - Member of the team!
[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=6][color=6A5ACD]Kaguya Yukimura[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=4][color=6A5ACD]Female[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=4][color=6A5ACD]Barely Seventeen[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=4][color=6A5ACD]Second Year[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/AQCIHWf.jpg[/img][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]PERSONALITY[/b] Kaguya can be shy at times, but mostly she is outspoken and outgoing. She is by no means a total "social butterfly", but once she feels comfortable with someone, she is a girl that could talk for [i]hours[/i]. She is very opinionated and isn't afraid to let others know what she thinks. Her philosophy is that as long as you try your hardest, all you did was lose a battle and not the war. She is very optimistic, despite the time and place she lives in. She loves to see people smile and often strives to be the reason they do. Kaguya hates seeing anyone sad and she tries to lift them up any way she can. Despite her bubbly, jubilant personality, this girl has a secret passion for fighting. She loves the thrill of up-close battle and she often surprises her enemies when she turns out to actually be able to fight. She seems weak and innocent, but there is a deeper level to her character. You usually see this side when you threaten her friends.[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]BACKSTORY[/b] Kaguya's dad is the CEO of a big company with chains all over the world, though he is mainly stationed in France. He married the daughter of one of his clients from Japan. With parents from two different countries, Kaguya gets her French features and a Japenese name. The first ten years of her life, her family was happy and content together. Then her mother had enough. Mrs. Yukimura couldn't handle having her husband gone for months at a time while trying to raise a child on her own. So the wife decided to just not be a wife anymore. Once Kaguya had turned 11, her parents were divorced. They both had joint custody of their daughter until it was seen that her father was unfit to take care of her due to business trips. Thus, she moved in permanently with her mom and aunt in rural Japan when she was almost 15. (Her mom basically had nothing, so she had to live with her sister). Kaguya had a lot of frustration and anger built up in her over her parent's arguments and divorce. She needed to get it out before she burst. She had a rebellious phase in her life ranging from her being 14-16 years-old. She would break curfew, skip school, yell at everyone and finally get into fights. Especially when she was in France, she would do paid ones. But after her sixteenth birthday, Kaguya realized the pain she was causing on her family and the people who tried to be her friends, and she never wanted them to feel like that. So she slowly went back to her old self, the one people see today. Though the joy she felt from the adrenaline from fighting still stays, even if she does it less often.[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]PERSONA[/b] Púca (or Pooka) -- A shapeshifter (Celtic) that is a peculiar fay who serves as a harbinger of both good and bad luck. The Púca is capable of taking many forms, some terrifying, others cute or beautiful- but they all share one common trait- black fur and luminescent yellow or white eyes. Most commonly, it appears as a horse, a goat, a rabbit, a dog or a goblin. In these forms, the Púca approaches travelers and causes them trouble (through anything from harmless tricks to vampirism and murder), or, in some cases, does them favors and providing wisdom. [/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]MAIN ELEMENT[/b] Nuclear[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]ARCANA[/b] Judgement [/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][font=Century][size=3][color=6A5ACD][b]POSITION[/b] Navigator[/color][/size][/font][/center] Thank you!
Kaguya Yukimura
Female
Barely Seventeen
Second Year
AQCIHWf.jpg
PERSONALITY
Kaguya can be shy at times, but mostly she is outspoken and outgoing. She is by no means a total "social butterfly", but once she feels comfortable with someone, she is a girl that could talk for hours. She is very opinionated and isn't afraid to let others know what she thinks.

Her philosophy is that as long as you try your hardest, all you did was lose a battle and not the war. She is very optimistic, despite the time and place she lives in. She loves to see people smile and often strives to be the reason they do. Kaguya hates seeing anyone sad and she tries to lift them up any way she can.

Despite her bubbly, jubilant personality, this girl has a secret passion for fighting. She loves the thrill of up-close battle and she often surprises her enemies when she turns out to actually be able to fight. She seems weak and innocent, but there is a deeper level to her character. You usually see this side when you threaten her friends.
BACKSTORY
Kaguya's dad is the CEO of a big company with chains all over the world, though he is mainly stationed in France. He married the daughter of one of his clients from Japan. With parents from two different countries, Kaguya gets her French features and a Japenese name.

The first ten years of her life, her family was happy and content together. Then her mother had enough. Mrs. Yukimura couldn't handle having her husband gone for months at a time while trying to raise a child on her own. So the wife decided to just not be a wife anymore. Once Kaguya had turned 11, her parents were divorced. They both had joint custody of their daughter until it was seen that her father was unfit to take care of her due to business trips. Thus, she moved in permanently with her mom and aunt in rural Japan when she was almost 15. (Her mom basically had nothing, so she had to live with her sister).

Kaguya had a lot of frustration and anger built up in her over her parent's arguments and divorce. She needed to get it out before she burst. She had a rebellious phase in her life ranging from her being 14-16 years-old. She would break curfew, skip school, yell at everyone and finally get into fights. Especially when she was in France, she would do paid ones. But after her sixteenth birthday, Kaguya realized the pain she was causing on her family and the people who tried to be her friends, and she never wanted them to feel like that. So she slowly went back to her old self, the one people see today. Though the joy she felt from the adrenaline from fighting still stays, even if she does it less often.
PERSONA
Púca (or Pooka) -- A shapeshifter (Celtic) that is a peculiar fay who serves as a harbinger of both good and bad luck. The Púca is capable of taking many forms, some terrifying, others cute or beautiful- but they all share one common trait- black fur and luminescent yellow or white eyes. Most commonly, it appears as a horse, a goat, a rabbit, a dog or a goblin. In these forms, the Púca approaches travelers and causes them trouble (through anything from harmless tricks to vampirism and murder), or, in some cases, does them favors and providing wisdom.
MAIN ELEMENT
Nuclear
ARCANA
Judgement
POSITION
Navigator

Thank you!
Please Click Eggs
10278425.gif10278436.gif10278248.gif10278442.gif10276055.gif10276228.gif10309129.gif10309193.gif
@HazelScar

Looks good! Expect the main element! ^^ But that's alright!

The elements that are used in Persona goes as follows:

Agi (Fire)
Bufu (Ice)
Zio (Lightning)
Garu (Wind)
Psi (Psychokinesis)
Frei (Nuclear)
Kouha / Hama (Bless / Bless Insta-kill)
Eiha / Mudo (Curse / Curse Insta-kill)

Since you wanted Energy manipulation, I suggest going with Frei! ^^ But that is entirely up to you! You can read more about them here!
@HazelScar

Looks good! Expect the main element! ^^ But that's alright!

The elements that are used in Persona goes as follows:

Agi (Fire)
Bufu (Ice)
Zio (Lightning)
Garu (Wind)
Psi (Psychokinesis)
Frei (Nuclear)
Kouha / Hama (Bless / Bless Insta-kill)
Eiha / Mudo (Curse / Curse Insta-kill)

Since you wanted Energy manipulation, I suggest going with Frei! ^^ But that is entirely up to you! You can read more about them here!
cg9IgXW.png ......
Oops, sorry. I'll fix it right away. I guess I missed that part . . .
Oops, sorry. I'll fix it right away. I guess I missed that part . . .
Please Click Eggs
1 2