Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Labyrinth: Dark FR RP (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Death Puzzle: Sands of Time

The hallway gently slopes downwards and exits into a large, rectangular corridor with a soft, sandy floor. In each of the four corners is a lever, and in the center is a raised, circular platform. Grains of sand occasionally fall through slits in the ceiling. A stream of sickly green water runs from a crack in the wall and into a small hole in on the other side of the room.

Near the entrance is a square engraving. Despite having the appearance of some ancient, sacred text, the writing style is undeniably immature.

Greetings, my dear contestants. Oh, I’m so excited! This is my first time running this thing. I hope I don’t disappoint, haha! Well, you probably won’t be alive to be disappointed…whoops. I see you’ve chosen the path of the hourglass. I didn’t actually design this one, but it’s okay, I guess. Just solve the puzzle!

Normally this is where I’d give you some little tips or tricks to beating this encounter, but this puzzle is based on figuring it out yourself, so…sorry! All I can say is that everything you need to escape is within this room. Just, uh…think about it! Put those crafty criminal minds to good use!

Oh, you may have noticed that there’s suddenly a LOT more sand falling from the ceiling. Don’t worry, that’s normal! I’d say you have, oh, ten minutes until the whole room is full? You should probably make it out by then. It’s sorta hard to breathe when everything around you is sand.

Below the first engraving is another smaller one that looks much more hastily written, as if it was an afterthought.

Hold on, I thought of a way to make this even MORE exciting! You’ve probably noticing that icky green water that’s flowing through the only remaining way out. Yeah, uh, it’s poisoned. I wouldn’t touch it.

BUT! Remember that fountain in the first room? If you drank it, you’re immune! Congrats! You can skip this puzzle and continue on while the others meet their doom!

I mean, if they DO survive they probably won’t like you very much. But hey, their chances of surviving are pretty small anyway. You DO want to live, don’t you?
Death Puzzle: Sands of Time

The hallway gently slopes downwards and exits into a large, rectangular corridor with a soft, sandy floor. In each of the four corners is a lever, and in the center is a raised, circular platform. Grains of sand occasionally fall through slits in the ceiling. A stream of sickly green water runs from a crack in the wall and into a small hole in on the other side of the room.

Near the entrance is a square engraving. Despite having the appearance of some ancient, sacred text, the writing style is undeniably immature.

Greetings, my dear contestants. Oh, I’m so excited! This is my first time running this thing. I hope I don’t disappoint, haha! Well, you probably won’t be alive to be disappointed…whoops. I see you’ve chosen the path of the hourglass. I didn’t actually design this one, but it’s okay, I guess. Just solve the puzzle!

Normally this is where I’d give you some little tips or tricks to beating this encounter, but this puzzle is based on figuring it out yourself, so…sorry! All I can say is that everything you need to escape is within this room. Just, uh…think about it! Put those crafty criminal minds to good use!

Oh, you may have noticed that there’s suddenly a LOT more sand falling from the ceiling. Don’t worry, that’s normal! I’d say you have, oh, ten minutes until the whole room is full? You should probably make it out by then. It’s sorta hard to breathe when everything around you is sand.

Below the first engraving is another smaller one that looks much more hastily written, as if it was an afterthought.

Hold on, I thought of a way to make this even MORE exciting! You’ve probably noticing that icky green water that’s flowing through the only remaining way out. Yeah, uh, it’s poisoned. I wouldn’t touch it.

BUT! Remember that fountain in the first room? If you drank it, you’re immune! Congrats! You can skip this puzzle and continue on while the others meet their doom!

I mean, if they DO survive they probably won’t like you very much. But hey, their chances of surviving are pretty small anyway. You DO want to live, don’t you?
dd2f6rw-ac5f2f99-317c-4489-9035-375bb03bbb19.png0xvl6B4.png
(Pffft. Just as I was writing this. You sniper. XD)

With how the pearlcatcher acted, it was enough for Minerva to keep a mental note of "Gabby" here. Maybe she could use her later. She figured she was hiding something. If all the members here were some sort of criminal for something, there was no way someone would act all nice and cutesy....well, unless you were like a certain Nocturne Minerva knew. Regardless, the Mirror kept though of Gabriella for the future. "It's fine, it's fine. Although...i may need to poke you again later. Juuust to check up on you. I'm sire you wouldn't mind me keeping an eye on you now and then." Minerva grinned as she began walking down the pathway. Just as she was doing so, she paused and glanced towards the Bogsneak. There was something familiar about him, and it wasn't in meeting him before either. Just something about him that felt familiar. She had a good feeling as to what, being a "servant" to it and all. Heck, at least she didn't go about it looking overly creepy at least. She waved off the thought for now and just moved cautiously.

Minerva paused once more. Something trickling down on her head from the ceiling. Sand? Okay, I figured this place was old, but i didn't think it was that old. She looked around suddenly finding to have to find a grip on the ground a bit more from the sudden slant. More sand pouring into the room. She knew it. A sand trap. Or a puzzle? And that liquid...did not look very friendly. Noticing the writing on the wall not far from the entrance, and skimming through it, she couldn't help but chuckle, and soon laughed loudly. "Ahahaa! I was right! Well, that's certainly a handicap, I'll say. Lucky me." She chimed in part joy. But not everyone drank from the fountain. That thing is squashed under a ceiling at this point. She could leave them, buuuut...that would end the fun too quickly. At least it might be fun to watch.
(Pffft. Just as I was writing this. You sniper. XD)

With how the pearlcatcher acted, it was enough for Minerva to keep a mental note of "Gabby" here. Maybe she could use her later. She figured she was hiding something. If all the members here were some sort of criminal for something, there was no way someone would act all nice and cutesy....well, unless you were like a certain Nocturne Minerva knew. Regardless, the Mirror kept though of Gabriella for the future. "It's fine, it's fine. Although...i may need to poke you again later. Juuust to check up on you. I'm sire you wouldn't mind me keeping an eye on you now and then." Minerva grinned as she began walking down the pathway. Just as she was doing so, she paused and glanced towards the Bogsneak. There was something familiar about him, and it wasn't in meeting him before either. Just something about him that felt familiar. She had a good feeling as to what, being a "servant" to it and all. Heck, at least she didn't go about it looking overly creepy at least. She waved off the thought for now and just moved cautiously.

Minerva paused once more. Something trickling down on her head from the ceiling. Sand? Okay, I figured this place was old, but i didn't think it was that old. She looked around suddenly finding to have to find a grip on the ground a bit more from the sudden slant. More sand pouring into the room. She knew it. A sand trap. Or a puzzle? And that liquid...did not look very friendly. Noticing the writing on the wall not far from the entrance, and skimming through it, she couldn't help but chuckle, and soon laughed loudly. "Ahahaa! I was right! Well, that's certainly a handicap, I'll say. Lucky me." She chimed in part joy. But not everyone drank from the fountain. That thing is squashed under a ceiling at this point. She could leave them, buuuut...that would end the fun too quickly. At least it might be fun to watch.
tumblr_m1638sFOlM1qd87hlo1_500.gif
(Hardly fair seeing I joined after the post the fountain vanished in, haha.)

Kraken remained glued until the dragons met their untimely demise, grimacing with somewhat contained disgust and fear as the sounds of bones snapping. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Alarmed, the fae scurried away from the scene of murder, and therein entered the room of the serpent.

Upon reading the message, he tilted his head, confused. "Who made this thing?" He wondered aloud. Did they trust hatchlings to handle genocide so lightly? Whatever the truth may be, the last note made him groan. Naturally, he had come out too late to enjoy the water of the fountain. Although, given the nature of the labyrinth, could the message be trusted at all?

"Don't drink the water," he warned those nearby. "They're probably lying. If you drank from the fountain, definitely don't take a sip. I personally will veer away even though I refrained from drinking back when it was recommended."

Frowning, he reread the message, and blanched at the part about him probably being behind them. With a start he lunged onto the wall and flipped so he faced outward with his back to the stone. "Sight, smell, hearing," he said aloud. "Interesting. I think I could take care of sight, with some backup... hello? A little help here?"
(Hardly fair seeing I joined after the post the fountain vanished in, haha.)

Kraken remained glued until the dragons met their untimely demise, grimacing with somewhat contained disgust and fear as the sounds of bones snapping. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Alarmed, the fae scurried away from the scene of murder, and therein entered the room of the serpent.

Upon reading the message, he tilted his head, confused. "Who made this thing?" He wondered aloud. Did they trust hatchlings to handle genocide so lightly? Whatever the truth may be, the last note made him groan. Naturally, he had come out too late to enjoy the water of the fountain. Although, given the nature of the labyrinth, could the message be trusted at all?

"Don't drink the water," he warned those nearby. "They're probably lying. If you drank from the fountain, definitely don't take a sip. I personally will veer away even though I refrained from drinking back when it was recommended."

Frowning, he reread the message, and blanched at the part about him probably being behind them. With a start he lunged onto the wall and flipped so he faced outward with his back to the stone. "Sight, smell, hearing," he said aloud. "Interesting. I think I could take care of sight, with some backup... hello? A little help here?"
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
After reading the engravings, the mirror's eyes flicked suspiciously to the four levers, before coming to rest on the elevated platform in the middle.

"We may have a bit of a problem." He stated plainly, as though he were idly commenting on the weather instead of a deadly trap. Shrugging the sand that had begun to congregate on his back to the floor, the assassin continued.

I will not die here.

"The glorious masters of this place have generously given us ten minutes to solve this puzzle." Making a quick circuit around the platform while taking care not to step in the water, he gestured to the four levers in each corner.

"-and we have these to deal with." Somnus stopped before the group. "There could be a certain combination of levers, a specific order, or all four at once."

He dipped his head slightly, almost seeming to be apologetic for the dire circumstances.

"The water is poisonous as well. Had I more time, I might've been able to make an antidote, but I fear that would be quite impossible under these circumstances."

"Any ideas we would like to try first?"

Not here. Not surrounded by these lowlifes.
After reading the engravings, the mirror's eyes flicked suspiciously to the four levers, before coming to rest on the elevated platform in the middle.

"We may have a bit of a problem." He stated plainly, as though he were idly commenting on the weather instead of a deadly trap. Shrugging the sand that had begun to congregate on his back to the floor, the assassin continued.

I will not die here.

"The glorious masters of this place have generously given us ten minutes to solve this puzzle." Making a quick circuit around the platform while taking care not to step in the water, he gestured to the four levers in each corner.

"-and we have these to deal with." Somnus stopped before the group. "There could be a certain combination of levers, a specific order, or all four at once."

He dipped his head slightly, almost seeming to be apologetic for the dire circumstances.

"The water is poisonous as well. Had I more time, I might've been able to make an antidote, but I fear that would be quite impossible under these circumstances."

"Any ideas we would like to try first?"

Not here. Not surrounded by these lowlifes.
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@LunarParadox (Is Narcosis perceivable by all monsters? Also she owns a blowdart that's used to put her victims to sleep. How many darts on average would it take to knock out a monster?) [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/329739/32973850p.png[/img][/center] "A monster all about perception?" Narcosis gave a manical grin. "This is perfect!" Her heart suddenly fluttered as the snout of one of the beast's heads phased through her. "Well damn!" the dreamwalker unsheathed her blowpipe and inserted one of her feather's into it. Her goal was to take out each of the individual heads without raising too much alarm. As far as she could tell, Narcosis was nearly invincible to this monster. Narcosis sidestepped and rushed into the undergrowth, preparing to aim and shoot, but first.... When she assured that she was safe, Narcosis slipped into a dreamwalking state, feeling cells in her body shifting to a visible state. Now she was perceivable to that...thing..and to everyone else around her. But that made no difference, as she could see the bright glimmer of life phasing through the lifeless black. White veins coursed through the three-headed creature, and Narcosis noted one single artery that led to all three of it's damned heads. One shot was all she had to make; if she missed, then it would instantly know she was there and register her as a threat. [i]If that thing is intelligent, and it's smelling as sharp as the messenger claimed it to be, then it'll register me as a threat instantly....[/i] Narcosis exited the dreamworld, seeing her body dissolve back into nothingness. It was time to make her move on the board.
@LunarParadox

(Is Narcosis perceivable by all monsters? Also she owns a blowdart that's used to put her victims to sleep. How many darts on average would it take to knock out a monster?)
32973850p.png

"A monster all about perception?" Narcosis gave a manical grin. "This is perfect!" Her heart suddenly fluttered as the snout of one of the beast's heads phased through her. "Well damn!" the dreamwalker unsheathed her blowpipe and inserted one of her feather's into it.

Her goal was to take out each of the individual heads without raising too much alarm. As far as she could tell, Narcosis was nearly invincible to this monster. Narcosis sidestepped and rushed into the undergrowth, preparing to aim and shoot, but first....

When she assured that she was safe, Narcosis slipped into a dreamwalking state, feeling cells in her body shifting to a visible state. Now she was perceivable to that...thing..and to everyone else around her. But that made no difference, as she could see the bright glimmer of life phasing through the lifeless black. White veins coursed through the three-headed creature, and Narcosis noted one single artery that led to all three of it's damned heads. One shot was all she had to make; if she missed, then it would instantly know she was there and register her as a threat.

If that thing is intelligent, and it's smelling as sharp as the messenger claimed it to be, then it'll register me as a threat instantly....

Narcosis exited the dreamworld, seeing her body dissolve back into nothingness. It was time to make her move on the board.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
@Purpleater13

This will vary depending on the monster. In this case:
  • None of the heads can see her, but the first can hear her and the third can smell her.
  • The hide of the monster is too thick to be pierced by a blowdart (or any other weapon, for that matter). Your best bet is not to kill the beast, but rather to render its sense of sight, hearing, and smell useless.
@Purpleater13

This will vary depending on the monster. In this case:
  • None of the heads can see her, but the first can hear her and the third can smell her.
  • The hide of the monster is too thick to be pierced by a blowdart (or any other weapon, for that matter). Your best bet is not to kill the beast, but rather to render its sense of sight, hearing, and smell useless.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35150281] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/351503/35150281.png[/img] [/url][/center] Rhoden narrowed his eyes. Well, ain't this an interesting conundrum? A serpent with three heads, that they probably had to take away its senses for. He saw no reason for the engraving to lie, himself; a lie would make things rather uninteresting when this was survival, not mindgames. But, he wasn't gonna test that theory - instead, he flew up to one of the nearby plants, and cut open one of the fruits with his metal-sheathed claws, testing to see what ones smelled particularly pungent.

Rhoden narrowed his eyes. Well, ain't this an interesting conundrum? A serpent with three heads, that they probably had to take away its senses for.

He saw no reason for the engraving to lie, himself; a lie would make things rather uninteresting when this was survival, not mindgames. But, he wasn't gonna test that theory - instead, he flew up to one of the nearby plants, and cut open one of the fruits with his metal-sheathed claws, testing to see what ones smelled particularly pungent.
A sickly-sweet smell fills the air as Rhoden's claws pierce the fruit. A sticky, orange goop splatters across the ground. The hearing head whirls towards the skydancer, quickly followed by the seeing head. The smelling head, however, seems confused and chooses to focus its attention on the other dragons instead.
A sickly-sweet smell fills the air as Rhoden's claws pierce the fruit. A sticky, orange goop splatters across the ground. The hearing head whirls towards the skydancer, quickly followed by the seeing head. The smelling head, however, seems confused and chooses to focus its attention on the other dragons instead.
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/adc6/f/2018/025/f/a/small_contrast_by_jeraruhh-dc14cpw.png[/img] [/center] Contrast smirks, a battle. Of course. He stays still so the seeing head won't see him, nor be heard by the hearing head. He notices the smelling head's reaction to Rhoden's fruit; it must mask your scent. Whoever wished to take on the smelling head had best chances if they got one of those fruits. He could do that, but he was more interested in the hearing head. Being an assassin, he was very good at being quiet. Maybe not good enough to go unnoticed by old bat-ears, but good enough so he had a chance. So he needed to figure out how to deafen the hearing. A really loud noise? A long stick? He slowly glanced around for anything, trying not to move too much. The seeing and hearing heads had turned it's attention on the other skydancer for now, but he was still cautious. His first step should be to get a fruit; he flew up and grabbed one, trying not to pierce the skin, and brought it back down to the ground. He opened it quickly and tried to rub the goop on himself.
small_contrast_by_jeraruhh-dc14cpw.png
Contrast smirks, a battle. Of course. He stays still so the seeing head won't see him, nor be heard by the hearing head.

He notices the smelling head's reaction to Rhoden's fruit; it must mask your scent.
Whoever wished to take on the smelling head had best chances if they got one of those fruits. He could do that, but he was more interested in the hearing head. Being an assassin, he was very good at being quiet. Maybe not good enough to go unnoticed by old bat-ears, but good enough so he had a chance.

So he needed to figure out how to deafen the hearing. A really loud noise? A long stick?
He slowly glanced around for anything, trying not to move too much. The seeing and hearing heads had turned it's attention on the other skydancer for now, but he was still cautious. His first step should be to get a fruit; he flew up and grabbed one, trying not to pierce the skin, and brought it back down to the ground. He opened it quickly and tried to rub the goop on himself.

as_banner_by_jeraruhh-dcnhndl.jpg
Kraken noticed how everyone turned their attention on the fruit. Interesting, and helpful. He lifted off semi-silently, hoping Rhoden would remain their interest, and picked up a fruit - a difficult task, given his size. With one razor sharp claw he sliced it open. The muck spilled all over him, making him gag. This would not be fun.

Now for the tricky part. The fae circled behind the heads, watching their focus on Rhoden, then did something incredibly stupid: he lunged. His little gray body landed on the head of the seeing serpent. A million images flashed through his brain of how this could go horribly wrong. Ignoring them, he raised his tiny talons in the air before striking down at the beast's eyes.
Kraken noticed how everyone turned their attention on the fruit. Interesting, and helpful. He lifted off semi-silently, hoping Rhoden would remain their interest, and picked up a fruit - a difficult task, given his size. With one razor sharp claw he sliced it open. The muck spilled all over him, making him gag. This would not be fun.

Now for the tricky part. The fae circled behind the heads, watching their focus on Rhoden, then did something incredibly stupid: he lunged. His little gray body landed on the head of the seeing serpent. A million images flashed through his brain of how this could go horribly wrong. Ignoring them, he raised his tiny talons in the air before striking down at the beast's eyes.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8