Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Coliseum Tech Beta
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54 55
I think what the admins mean is this: It will not be fair if one person can play they coli battles faster because then they can exalt faster and the game is not about who has the best PC. Equality for all, so deal with the "waiting time". It will be cut down anyway, to a certain degree, for everyone. So it will feel a lot quicker anyway. I am happy.
I think what the admins mean is this: It will not be fair if one person can play they coli battles faster because then they can exalt faster and the game is not about who has the best PC. Equality for all, so deal with the "waiting time". It will be cut down anyway, to a certain degree, for everyone. So it will feel a lot quicker anyway. I am happy.
arcaneb1.png Arcane themed hatchery
- PWYW
- Taking HibDen items
Ah, I'm excited for the changes! Can't wait to see what comes! I hope exp gain will be raised.
Ah, I'm excited for the changes! Can't wait to see what comes! I hope exp gain will be raised.
I feel like even turning animation off should cut down waiting time though, as ANYONE can turn animation off regardless of how good your PC is, so its down to choice if you want to do it faster or not. People also use the coli for grinding food, items, battlestones etc not just exalting although i get it is mainly for exalting. It'd be super nice for people to be able to coli faster if they choose to as animation times are lowkey annoying for people who just wanna do things faster like me
I feel like even turning animation off should cut down waiting time though, as ANYONE can turn animation off regardless of how good your PC is, so its down to choice if you want to do it faster or not. People also use the coli for grinding food, items, battlestones etc not just exalting although i get it is mainly for exalting. It'd be super nice for people to be able to coli faster if they choose to as animation times are lowkey annoying for people who just wanna do things faster like me
Badge2.png
SC R E A M S
SC R E A M S
sdSRvlV.png
AHHHH YAY
AHHHH YAY
joVSEef.pngjoVSEef.pngjoVSEef.pngjoVSEef.pngjoVSEef.png
Oohhh.
Oohhh.
Wait what? Turning animations off and therefore being faster in the coliseum would be an unfair advantage but cycling WC breedchange scolls (or other stuff) only once or twice a year so everybody who doesn't have the funds at that moment or can't buy them for whatever reason has to buy them from other users for almost 50% more isn't unfair? :D I'm having trouble following that logic. Same goes for golden wing silks and other apparel that is in high demand and only stocks once in a blue moon. I see it's a welcome source of income for some users but it's just taking money from other users while turning off your animations (an option available to EVERYBODY) would only be beneficial to users who choose to to take advantage of that option. It's true you would be making slightly quicker bucks than player who CHOOSE to have their animations turned on but since the internet connection you're having highly impacts your speed as well I think there isn't much fairness in the speed to begin with.

Don't get me wrong. I creep around the marketplace long enough to buy my stuff for cheap, barely play the coliseum and would most likely leave the animations turned on because I like stuff happening on my screen but if someone doesn't care about that it wouldn't bother me the least bit.
Wait what? Turning animations off and therefore being faster in the coliseum would be an unfair advantage but cycling WC breedchange scolls (or other stuff) only once or twice a year so everybody who doesn't have the funds at that moment or can't buy them for whatever reason has to buy them from other users for almost 50% more isn't unfair? :D I'm having trouble following that logic. Same goes for golden wing silks and other apparel that is in high demand and only stocks once in a blue moon. I see it's a welcome source of income for some users but it's just taking money from other users while turning off your animations (an option available to EVERYBODY) would only be beneficial to users who choose to to take advantage of that option. It's true you would be making slightly quicker bucks than player who CHOOSE to have their animations turned on but since the internet connection you're having highly impacts your speed as well I think there isn't much fairness in the speed to begin with.

Don't get me wrong. I creep around the marketplace long enough to buy my stuff for cheap, barely play the coliseum and would most likely leave the animations turned on because I like stuff happening on my screen but if someone doesn't care about that it wouldn't bother me the least bit.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
Reading back I gotta say I don't understand the whole "economic advantage" thing regarding animations.... is it a competition of who makes the most profit the fastest? Have I been missing the point of coli the whole time?

I'm sure anyone who absolutely needs to make quick treasure via the coli would be willing to sacrifice animations for it. Personally I'm tired of them and I coli rather leisurely, with the exception of dom pushes. Even the shortened versions of rally/haste are still pointlessly long.
Reading back I gotta say I don't understand the whole "economic advantage" thing regarding animations.... is it a competition of who makes the most profit the fastest? Have I been missing the point of coli the whole time?

I'm sure anyone who absolutely needs to make quick treasure via the coli would be willing to sacrifice animations for it. Personally I'm tired of them and I coli rather leisurely, with the exception of dom pushes. Even the shortened versions of rally/haste are still pointlessly long.
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
I'm excited for the changes this will bring, but my initial concern is that I do most of my coli stuff at work to pass time on my overnight shift. And for me I can't stay connected to any of the games (probably due to firewall nonsense) unless I add the &safemode=1 tag to the page. so I'm concerned whether that will still work if it will be reloading the page often?
I'm excited for the changes this will bring, but my initial concern is that I do most of my coli stuff at work to pass time on my overnight shift. And for me I can't stay connected to any of the games (probably due to firewall nonsense) unless I add the &safemode=1 tag to the page. so I'm concerned whether that will still work if it will be reloading the page often?
OOr4GzM.png
Excited to possibly help out!!!
Excited to possibly help out!!!
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54 55