Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol. 2
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43 44
@SpunkiSpirou
You can't name it numbers because even though it says "alphanumeric" it literally just means alpha.
@SpunkiSpirou
You can't name it numbers because even though it says "alphanumeric" it literally just means alpha.
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
New genes that looks like the cloud panther's marking pattern *drools*

I'VE BEEN DREAMING WITH THIS FOR AGES!
New genes that looks like the cloud panther's marking pattern *drools*

I'VE BEEN DREAMING WITH THIS FOR AGES!
[quote]We know this is getting out of control for some of the Flights and are evaluating the situation. We are aware of the need for something different and will be looking into it, but it may take some time.[/quote] I hope sooner rather than later, this mess is making me not want to be in my flight's forum aside from threads I'm pinged in.
Quote:
We know this is getting out of control for some of the Flights and are evaluating the situation. We are aware of the need for something different and will be looking into it, but it may take some time.

I hope sooner rather than later, this mess is making me not want to be in my flight's forum aside from threads I'm pinged in.
dQUNkY4.png
@Stigma Dam thats annoying :/ Is it going to become available in the future or just like not ever?
@Stigma Dam thats annoying :/ Is it going to become available in the future or just like not ever?
"...some frustrate developers to the point their keyboards may fly out a window."

We love you developers! Don't brake too many of your working instruments!
"...some frustrate developers to the point their keyboards may fly out a window."

We love you developers! Don't brake too many of your working instruments!
kosett1_zpsb4fa8a7a.png
Also @xazz + @Ankokou I fully support everything you said. The staff needs to be really thinking hard about what they're banning and why when they're banning words. And people.

Also @Ankokou your example Blaze made me giggle since I thought you were going to go with something like 420 blaze it oh no how dare they name my dragon something associated with a drug!

@Chaotic
in regards to the person who had their dragons being named Shutup and being exalted, I feel like the user(s) themself/selves needed to be banned (if they weren't already). But that doesn't mean that the name Shutup needs to be banned. I mean what if someone didn't even think of it being two words? They might pronounce it shoo-tup and think that's cute but then find out it's banned?
Accidentally offending people is a thing. It's going to happen. I just feel like things that are allowable in other teen rated games should be allowed, regardless of the potential accidental offenses that might happen.

@Nerdesq
The Mulch thing wasn't harrassment. It was Nature players that were snatching up exaltlings for the latest dominance battle with Plague (who won) and mass naming them things like Mulch and other nature/gardening names that people complained about because they interpreted it as a personal offense.

Other than that, I'm excited for the new genes and the new game, which I've been looking forward to for quite a while!
Also @xazz + @Ankokou I fully support everything you said. The staff needs to be really thinking hard about what they're banning and why when they're banning words. And people.

Also @Ankokou your example Blaze made me giggle since I thought you were going to go with something like 420 blaze it oh no how dare they name my dragon something associated with a drug!

@Chaotic
in regards to the person who had their dragons being named Shutup and being exalted, I feel like the user(s) themself/selves needed to be banned (if they weren't already). But that doesn't mean that the name Shutup needs to be banned. I mean what if someone didn't even think of it being two words? They might pronounce it shoo-tup and think that's cute but then find out it's banned?
Accidentally offending people is a thing. It's going to happen. I just feel like things that are allowable in other teen rated games should be allowed, regardless of the potential accidental offenses that might happen.

@Nerdesq
The Mulch thing wasn't harrassment. It was Nature players that were snatching up exaltlings for the latest dominance battle with Plague (who won) and mass naming them things like Mulch and other nature/gardening names that people complained about because they interpreted it as a personal offense.

Other than that, I'm excited for the new genes and the new game, which I've been looking forward to for quite a while!
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@SpunkiSpirou
I have no idea.

@lizziecat1279
It's funny because you can name a dragon Cocaine.
@SpunkiSpirou
I have no idea.

@lizziecat1279
It's funny because you can name a dragon Cocaine.
tumblr_mzqgzklaBt1sk7pgko1_250.png
Maybe I missed something from this thread or previous announcements, but would you mind giving us some approximate date of when the site optimizations mentioned in the first post here will be implemented? Personally, I'd like to have even a super-rough idea of when registration might open again.

On a different note, the Bar gene looks awesome (I'm excited to put it to use once it's out!) and wow there's gonna be a new Fairground game!! I'm so eager to play it!!
Maybe I missed something from this thread or previous announcements, but would you mind giving us some approximate date of when the site optimizations mentioned in the first post here will be implemented? Personally, I'd like to have even a super-rough idea of when registration might open again.

On a different note, the Bar gene looks awesome (I'm excited to put it to use once it's out!) and wow there's gonna be a new Fairground game!! I'm so eager to play it!!
@Aequorin
I'm still a little iffy on this whole "spite exalting" thing. Would you be able to answer a few questions so that I have a clearer idea on it?

Is the mass use of a single name for exalts not allowed anymore? That appears to be a factor in why "fertilizer", and then words like "compost" and "mulch" were banned. Should we now be using unique names for every exalt we do rather than just copy and pasting one name to all?

Again, if "mulch" and "fertilizer" are no longer allowed because some people don't like it, should people who have exalted dragons named after diseases and the like be concerned? Some of them are named after some pretty horrific diseases, so is that grounds to be reported also now? What about names like "dead", "abandoned", "unloved" and "exalt"?

What about unnamed exalts? It's been a big issue that has divided the community. Can people who have, somewhere on the site, made it clear that they don't like and are upset by unnamed exalts successfully report and have action taken against users exalting dragons without a name now?

How much say does the previous owner of a dragon now have in what the new owner names their dragon? It appears that they can now report you for naming a dragon something they don't like by labeling it 'harassment'. I can see this tool being useful to combat real harassment, but I'm sure lots of people will over react and think that they can report any little thing they don't like now.

I'd also like to know if this counts as "spite exalting" even though it has nothing to do with the name of the dragon. If someone got a dragon as a gift or won it in a raffle or something and it came with the user set 'terms and conditions' that it is not to be exalted under any circumstances, can you get into trouble for exalting it? Can that person claim harassment because you went against their wishes (which were expressed prior to you accepting the dragon)?
@Aequorin
I'm still a little iffy on this whole "spite exalting" thing. Would you be able to answer a few questions so that I have a clearer idea on it?

Is the mass use of a single name for exalts not allowed anymore? That appears to be a factor in why "fertilizer", and then words like "compost" and "mulch" were banned. Should we now be using unique names for every exalt we do rather than just copy and pasting one name to all?

Again, if "mulch" and "fertilizer" are no longer allowed because some people don't like it, should people who have exalted dragons named after diseases and the like be concerned? Some of them are named after some pretty horrific diseases, so is that grounds to be reported also now? What about names like "dead", "abandoned", "unloved" and "exalt"?

What about unnamed exalts? It's been a big issue that has divided the community. Can people who have, somewhere on the site, made it clear that they don't like and are upset by unnamed exalts successfully report and have action taken against users exalting dragons without a name now?

How much say does the previous owner of a dragon now have in what the new owner names their dragon? It appears that they can now report you for naming a dragon something they don't like by labeling it 'harassment'. I can see this tool being useful to combat real harassment, but I'm sure lots of people will over react and think that they can report any little thing they don't like now.

I'd also like to know if this counts as "spite exalting" even though it has nothing to do with the name of the dragon. If someone got a dragon as a gift or won it in a raffle or something and it came with the user set 'terms and conditions' that it is not to be exalted under any circumstances, can you get into trouble for exalting it? Can that person claim harassment because you went against their wishes (which were expressed prior to you accepting the dragon)?
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
Is every words on the wind going to lie to us to placate us?
Is every words on the wind going to lie to us to placate us?
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43 44