Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Overwatch
1 2 ... 338 339 340 341 342 ... 410 411
@NovaRaptor

I love it! ;o; Maybe I should try my luck with one sometime! I wouldn't mind getting the others if I don't get Ana, I don't hate a single character. ;o;

@MadaMada

I seen that earlier! It's not a bad skin, it's pretty nice. I'm curious to see what other teams will get in the future!
@NovaRaptor

I love it! ;o; Maybe I should try my luck with one sometime! I wouldn't mind getting the others if I don't get Ana, I don't hate a single character. ;o;

@MadaMada

I seen that earlier! It's not a bad skin, it's pretty nice. I'm curious to see what other teams will get in the future!
VMlHnb3.gif
Okay y'know people will think I'm a freak but I never really thought maining heroes was a good idea/fun.

I've always liked variety though and the small amount of time I tried to play TF2 I played everyone. (But apparently my PC is too slow for TF2 :I)

I'm just curious if there's in variety players out there? I mean my favorite hero is Pharah but I'd play everyone.

Okay y'know people will think I'm a freak but I never really thought maining heroes was a good idea/fun.

I've always liked variety though and the small amount of time I tried to play TF2 I played everyone. (But apparently my PC is too slow for TF2 :I)

I'm just curious if there's in variety players out there? I mean my favorite hero is Pharah but I'd play everyone.

Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
@TimeStandStill

I'm not sure if this counts but I consider myself a "mainhopper". I bounce between lots of heroes as time passes. Like I was a Pharah main, then a Zarya main, then a Lucio main, then a Bastion/Torbjorn main (yes I know), then a McCree main, and now I'm trying to be an Orisa main!

Idk but I don't like playing just ONE hero for too long. I also find it useful because I can have at least one hero I'm okay with in every class just in case ^^'
@TimeStandStill

I'm not sure if this counts but I consider myself a "mainhopper". I bounce between lots of heroes as time passes. Like I was a Pharah main, then a Zarya main, then a Lucio main, then a Bastion/Torbjorn main (yes I know), then a McCree main, and now I'm trying to be an Orisa main!

Idk but I don't like playing just ONE hero for too long. I also find it useful because I can have at least one hero I'm okay with in every class just in case ^^'
@Maladroit

I don't own Overwatch yet but since the only character I don't really like is Roadhog (He scares me more then Reaper/Widow heh) I'd love to play some of all.

I'd be the kinda that'd play Pharah one match then Sym the next then Mercy then Mcree etc.

Just whoever I feel like playing.
@Maladroit

I don't own Overwatch yet but since the only character I don't really like is Roadhog (He scares me more then Reaper/Widow heh) I'd love to play some of all.

I'd be the kinda that'd play Pharah one match then Sym the next then Mercy then Mcree etc.

Just whoever I feel like playing.
Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
@TimeStandStill I think one tricking sounds boring idk how people do it especially with torb

I dont find myself having a main either I play heroes from all the categories but there is a few I just dont like playing

I fill alot so my most played are supports and tank lately ive gotten sick of that and just playing what I want for the most part
@TimeStandStill I think one tricking sounds boring idk how people do it especially with torb

I dont find myself having a main either I play heroes from all the categories but there is a few I just dont like playing

I fill alot so my most played are supports and tank lately ive gotten sick of that and just playing what I want for the most part
I play as my dad and I mains are:
Phara, Mercy (I love flying), Sombra, D.Va, and Windowmaker... Ok sometimes maybe Symtra
I usually play as a girl.
I play as my dad and I mains are:
Phara, Mercy (I love flying), Sombra, D.Va, and Windowmaker... Ok sometimes maybe Symtra
I usually play as a girl.
tumblr_nita47Z2wX1speyy9o1_r2_500.png
Well I'd argue that maining heroes as long as you're not one-tricking them is fine and that what people find fun is always going to be subjective.
For instance I can play Genji/Hanzo for hours upon hours and still not be bored because both of those characters offer an insane skill ceiling to climb. But just because I main those it doesn't mean I cannot nor will not play other characters, my Mercy is arguably just as good and my Rein is up there as well.

I also possess a decent Pharah/76/Zen/D.Va when needed, used to be good at Zarya but that has fallen off on the lately sadly. ( I should probably get back to practicing her.)

I think the bottom line really is that, play what you find fun!
Well I'd argue that maining heroes as long as you're not one-tricking them is fine and that what people find fun is always going to be subjective.
For instance I can play Genji/Hanzo for hours upon hours and still not be bored because both of those characters offer an insane skill ceiling to climb. But just because I main those it doesn't mean I cannot nor will not play other characters, my Mercy is arguably just as good and my Rein is up there as well.

I also possess a decent Pharah/76/Zen/D.Va when needed, used to be good at Zarya but that has fallen off on the lately sadly. ( I should probably get back to practicing her.)

I think the bottom line really is that, play what you find fun!
i main zenyatta and mei because they're both the most fun for me. i also have lots of hours on sombra, orisa, and pharah. i don't think maining is bad, just as long as you can offer some variety.
i main zenyatta and mei because they're both the most fun for me. i also have lots of hours on sombra, orisa, and pharah. i don't think maining is bad, just as long as you can offer some variety.
cruwJG.png
Support main with a sub in off-tanks here.

Idk why I play support so much when it stresses me out so much. I genuinely have a lot more fun playing the tank class on the occasion I do play them (minus Rein and Hog though- can't play those guys and I absolutely refuse to touch Hog), but I also find myself getting tired of playing it after a few matches whereas Support is like- I could play any of them for hours? And well, I have haha.

My highest tank is D.va with around....I wanna say 45 hours but I haven't checked in a while- but my highest support (Lucio) nearly doubles that time- and none of the Support classes dip below 50 hours. Except Symmetra. I keep forgetting she's technically Support.

Any character that's not tank/support though... I don't think any of them break 20 hours individually. Except Genji- I had a period of time just starting the game where I would only play him. So I think he has around 30 hours.

tl;dr You'll find a role that you enjoy playing or have fun with eventually. Like I thought I would be a Genji main but I gravitated towards Supports instead. Just use the early levels to feel out what you wanna do. Me personally I find that being able to fill 2 different roles helps you be more flexible.
And for the record that doesn't need to be 2 different classes like tank/support. You could be good at say Flank, and Anti-Flank (ie Tracer/McCree who are both DPS but have different roles)
Support main with a sub in off-tanks here.

Idk why I play support so much when it stresses me out so much. I genuinely have a lot more fun playing the tank class on the occasion I do play them (minus Rein and Hog though- can't play those guys and I absolutely refuse to touch Hog), but I also find myself getting tired of playing it after a few matches whereas Support is like- I could play any of them for hours? And well, I have haha.

My highest tank is D.va with around....I wanna say 45 hours but I haven't checked in a while- but my highest support (Lucio) nearly doubles that time- and none of the Support classes dip below 50 hours. Except Symmetra. I keep forgetting she's technically Support.

Any character that's not tank/support though... I don't think any of them break 20 hours individually. Except Genji- I had a period of time just starting the game where I would only play him. So I think he has around 30 hours.

tl;dr You'll find a role that you enjoy playing or have fun with eventually. Like I thought I would be a Genji main but I gravitated towards Supports instead. Just use the early levels to feel out what you wanna do. Me personally I find that being able to fill 2 different roles helps you be more flexible.
And for the record that doesn't need to be 2 different classes like tank/support. You could be good at say Flank, and Anti-Flank (ie Tracer/McCree who are both DPS but have different roles)
SCSgXJH.png
Pixel from here[\url]
  • +2 FR Time
  • They/Them
I'm a flex player, and play what needs to be played. Though often than not, it leaves me as support LOL. I don't really have a problem with that, but it's incredibly frustrating when your team has really bad positioning and they expect you to go heal them risking yourself getting killed. If the healer/tank dies, the team falls apart in most matches I've been in (even when I'm not healer/tank).

Personally, I gravitate towards the snipers more. Widow, Ana, McCree and Hanzo, so I classify myself as a sniper main. My top played (AI+QP) are: Widow (62 hours), Ana (54 hours), Rein (46 hours), Mercy (40 hours), Tracer (37 hours), Sombra (32 hours), Lucio (23 hours) and Hanzo (22 hours) with the rest ranging from 1-20 hours (Doomfist is 1 hour because he's a new hero. p:). Basically, I'm a player who can play everything (flex), but mains snipers because they're fun for me! o:

My personal advice would be to try every hero, and put some time into learning at least 2 from each class. That way once your main is picked, you'll be able to play something else. This is especially important in comp. There's many one trick Mercy's in comp, and often than not, some get stuck not knowing what to play after their main is insta-locked and the person refuses to switch off (Because they can't play anything else; one tricking. :s Two Mercy one tricks in a comp team that don't play anything else but her hurts the team even more than you think.). It's better to be a flex player than one tricking imo, so you're not stuck once someone insta-locks the hero you're one tricking.
I'm a flex player, and play what needs to be played. Though often than not, it leaves me as support LOL. I don't really have a problem with that, but it's incredibly frustrating when your team has really bad positioning and they expect you to go heal them risking yourself getting killed. If the healer/tank dies, the team falls apart in most matches I've been in (even when I'm not healer/tank).

Personally, I gravitate towards the snipers more. Widow, Ana, McCree and Hanzo, so I classify myself as a sniper main. My top played (AI+QP) are: Widow (62 hours), Ana (54 hours), Rein (46 hours), Mercy (40 hours), Tracer (37 hours), Sombra (32 hours), Lucio (23 hours) and Hanzo (22 hours) with the rest ranging from 1-20 hours (Doomfist is 1 hour because he's a new hero. p:). Basically, I'm a player who can play everything (flex), but mains snipers because they're fun for me! o:

My personal advice would be to try every hero, and put some time into learning at least 2 from each class. That way once your main is picked, you'll be able to play something else. This is especially important in comp. There's many one trick Mercy's in comp, and often than not, some get stuck not knowing what to play after their main is insta-locked and the person refuses to switch off (Because they can't play anything else; one tricking. :s Two Mercy one tricks in a comp team that don't play anything else but her hurts the team even more than you think.). It's better to be a flex player than one tricking imo, so you're not stuck once someone insta-locks the hero you're one tricking.
VMlHnb3.gif
1 2 ... 338 339 340 341 342 ... 410 411