Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That Prequel Tho [private]
1 2
@Kitkat38

Ichthys was glad to see the kitchen running smoothly and relished the creation of every perfect dish sent out to the guests in the dining hall. A mild panic seized him when a waiter dropped a perfectly good bowl of soup and the chefs who made it became irritated, but his unease left him when Graveyard took control of the situation. All in all, another relatively smooth night, the Sous Chef thought to himself when the rush began to wind down.

As dinner came to a close, the unknown Pearlcatcher strolled back to his room, pausing at the door to the kitchens after a peculiar pile of uniforms on the floor caught his eye. He waited in the hall for the kitchen's business to calm down, then entered, politely clearing his throat. "Excuse me. Who among you is the Head Chef?"
@Kitkat38

Ichthys was glad to see the kitchen running smoothly and relished the creation of every perfect dish sent out to the guests in the dining hall. A mild panic seized him when a waiter dropped a perfectly good bowl of soup and the chefs who made it became irritated, but his unease left him when Graveyard took control of the situation. All in all, another relatively smooth night, the Sous Chef thought to himself when the rush began to wind down.

As dinner came to a close, the unknown Pearlcatcher strolled back to his room, pausing at the door to the kitchens after a peculiar pile of uniforms on the floor caught his eye. He waited in the hall for the kitchen's business to calm down, then entered, politely clearing his throat. "Excuse me. Who among you is the Head Chef?"
tumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o3_100.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o1_100.gif
Graveyard was wiping the counters off after receiving a wonderful compliment from Boo and Meir as they felt the dinner service was amazing before going to their room in the hotel. He wiped his claws off as he lumbered over to the pearlcatcher. He looked down at him, noticing his eyes traveling around the kitchen which was strange considering most guests would ask him to meet him near the entrance of the dining hall. His eyes focused on the pearl catcher as he said,

"Hello traveler, I am glad you have made it to our kitchen."

Volcano heard the voice and hide deeper into the pile, he didn't particularly like strangers which was almost always how he acted. He looked at the potato he had been eating throughout the night and curled up around it. He chewed on it slowly before hearing a dragon walk past the pile which he went silent and just listened to what what was going on between dragons who were celebrating over the successful dinner service.

@wtfbruh
Graveyard was wiping the counters off after receiving a wonderful compliment from Boo and Meir as they felt the dinner service was amazing before going to their room in the hotel. He wiped his claws off as he lumbered over to the pearlcatcher. He looked down at him, noticing his eyes traveling around the kitchen which was strange considering most guests would ask him to meet him near the entrance of the dining hall. His eyes focused on the pearl catcher as he said,

"Hello traveler, I am glad you have made it to our kitchen."

Volcano heard the voice and hide deeper into the pile, he didn't particularly like strangers which was almost always how he acted. He looked at the potato he had been eating throughout the night and curled up around it. He chewed on it slowly before hearing a dragon walk past the pile which he went silent and just listened to what what was going on between dragons who were celebrating over the successful dinner service.

@wtfbruh
@Kitkat38

The Pearlcatcher smiled pleasantly. "My compliments on your service. Word had travelled that the Head Chef of the Bloodstone Hotel had stepped down, and i was concerned about whoever had to follow in such highly esteemed footsteps. It seems my worrying was for nothing, you have kept your kitchen up admirably, Mister...?"

Ichthys piped up, thrilled that an outsider had such high praise for his Head Chef. "Graveyard, sir. An excellent young man, i think he is very suited for the role, he continues to prove his worth. It is an honor to work under him, I would say." He puffed out his chest proudly, and yet tried to at the same time humbly bow his head.
@Kitkat38

The Pearlcatcher smiled pleasantly. "My compliments on your service. Word had travelled that the Head Chef of the Bloodstone Hotel had stepped down, and i was concerned about whoever had to follow in such highly esteemed footsteps. It seems my worrying was for nothing, you have kept your kitchen up admirably, Mister...?"

Ichthys piped up, thrilled that an outsider had such high praise for his Head Chef. "Graveyard, sir. An excellent young man, i think he is very suited for the role, he continues to prove his worth. It is an honor to work under him, I would say." He puffed out his chest proudly, and yet tried to at the same time humbly bow his head.
tumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o3_100.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o1_100.gif
Graveyard lumbered over in silence, he was carrying a couple pots on his tail as he looked over at the other chefs who were taking about the successful dinner service. Turning his attention to the traveler he spoke,

"Yes, even though I do have plenty of dragons that are under me - it is one thing I need to manage as it will keep the food coming and dragons that I am serving happy. Though mishaps do happen or a dragon isn't happy with the amount they got or they want second helpings. The Bloodstone Hotel is known for its food and I want to keep that reputation up - I am willing to work myself to the bones. Hopefully the summer menu will please everyone when it comes out, as I have planned for some new dishes while still incorporating some old ones just incase dragons want a particular item. These weeks that are coming to us will be days will I will put out a survey to determine which meals dragons would want and those that aren't at interesting."

He smiled gently as he knew he was rambling but the traveler didn't look that bored.. or he was just really bad at looking at facial expressions.

@wtfbruh
Graveyard lumbered over in silence, he was carrying a couple pots on his tail as he looked over at the other chefs who were taking about the successful dinner service. Turning his attention to the traveler he spoke,

"Yes, even though I do have plenty of dragons that are under me - it is one thing I need to manage as it will keep the food coming and dragons that I am serving happy. Though mishaps do happen or a dragon isn't happy with the amount they got or they want second helpings. The Bloodstone Hotel is known for its food and I want to keep that reputation up - I am willing to work myself to the bones. Hopefully the summer menu will please everyone when it comes out, as I have planned for some new dishes while still incorporating some old ones just incase dragons want a particular item. These weeks that are coming to us will be days will I will put out a survey to determine which meals dragons would want and those that aren't at interesting."

He smiled gently as he knew he was rambling but the traveler didn't look that bored.. or he was just really bad at looking at facial expressions.

@wtfbruh
@Kitkat38

The Pearlcatcher cast his eyes around the room, nodding along with Graveyard's speech. "I see you have work on your mind. I'll leave you to it then." He bade them farewell and departed for his room, his mind still on the pile of clothes at the back of the kitchen.

Ichthys frowned at Graveyard when the traveler left. "You don't think he was a critic, do you? Hm." He shrugged and went back to reorganizing the kitchen.
@Kitkat38

The Pearlcatcher cast his eyes around the room, nodding along with Graveyard's speech. "I see you have work on your mind. I'll leave you to it then." He bade them farewell and departed for his room, his mind still on the pile of clothes at the back of the kitchen.

Ichthys frowned at Graveyard when the traveler left. "You don't think he was a critic, do you? Hm." He shrugged and went back to reorganizing the kitchen.
@Kitkat38 (B U M P)
@Kitkat38 (B U M P)
1 2