Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | traumatized by movies as a kid
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 35 36
War of the Worlds(2004) scared the heck out of me the first time I watched it. I was so frightened that I couldn't sleep for a full 24 hours because I was afraid the alien camera tentacle was going to come into my room and snatch me up, turning me into Martian food.

That and Tom Cruise as the main protagonist.

I do not like Tom Cruise.
War of the Worlds(2004) scared the heck out of me the first time I watched it. I was so frightened that I couldn't sleep for a full 24 hours because I was afraid the alien camera tentacle was going to come into my room and snatch me up, turning me into Martian food.

That and Tom Cruise as the main protagonist.

I do not like Tom Cruise.
signature_banner_for_sterling_by_ohwyrm-dcge9a5.png
Monster House scared me to death as a child...

edit; also the movie Valiant, the one with messenger pigeons? The scene where the pigeon barfs up the message really grossed me out
Monster House scared me to death as a child...

edit; also the movie Valiant, the one with messenger pigeons? The scene where the pigeon barfs up the message really grossed me out
Axolotyl_Benediction.png
I know video games aren't movies but this really did it for me. I've owned Warioland 4 for 13 years and it still gives me nightmares to this day. I had a nightmare about it last night. It's like some demon possessing me and I can't get rid of it. I remember playing through a few levels as a 4 year old and it just.. really freaked me out, especially the bosses and it just left a scar I guess. [img]http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/warioland4_spoiledrotten_488.png[/img] is this not horrifying for a 4 year old? Very creative and fun video game though.
I know video games aren't movies but this really did it for me. I've owned Warioland 4 for 13 years and it still gives me nightmares to this day. I had a nightmare about it last night. It's like some demon possessing me and I can't get rid of it.

I remember playing through a few levels as a 4 year old and it just.. really freaked me out, especially the bosses and it just left a scar I guess.
warioland4_spoiledrotten_488.png
is this not horrifying for a 4 year old?
Very creative and fun video game though.
I saw the Shining when I was about 7, and I was definitely freaked out. Especially the creepy twins and the blood elevator.

Also, yes, The Brave Little Toaster had some dark moments.

Little Monsters... it was fun until it was not and then I was afraid of under my bed for quite a bit.
And then later in the 90s, Disney had another movie called Don't Look Under the Bed, which also did not help!!

Volcano traumatized me because I kept thinking that a Volcano could just suddenly pop up and explode anywhere and we would all be doomed to melt.

Honestly, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Jumanji, and The Neverending Story were some of my all time favourite child movies and I never had any problems with them. Same with Coraline, though I was not a child when I saw it, and I had read the book and was actually disappointed in the movie??
I saw the Shining when I was about 7, and I was definitely freaked out. Especially the creepy twins and the blood elevator.

Also, yes, The Brave Little Toaster had some dark moments.

Little Monsters... it was fun until it was not and then I was afraid of under my bed for quite a bit.
And then later in the 90s, Disney had another movie called Don't Look Under the Bed, which also did not help!!

Volcano traumatized me because I kept thinking that a Volcano could just suddenly pop up and explode anywhere and we would all be doomed to melt.

Honestly, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Jumanji, and The Neverending Story were some of my all time favourite child movies and I never had any problems with them. Same with Coraline, though I was not a child when I saw it, and I had read the book and was actually disappointed in the movie??
tumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o2_r1_250.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngtumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o5_r1_100.png
I was in second grade and had gone over to my friends house...we watched a Freddy Kruger movie. Yeah such a brilliant idea(sarcasm), I had nightmares for years after the fact. Eight year olds should not have been watching that.

I was in second grade and had gone over to my friends house...we watched a Freddy Kruger movie. Yeah such a brilliant idea(sarcasm), I had nightmares for years after the fact. Eight year olds should not have been watching that.

I will buy Insects, PM me.
f5IQTkD.png
The freaking birds. There was this ONE SCENE where they find this farmer who's been attacked, and he's slumped against the wall with his eyes pecked out. I saw it when I was ten, because it's one of my mom's favorite movies (and one of mine, now that I'm an adult) and it scarred me for life. I'm STILL not able to watch that scene and I'm 30, haha.
The freaking birds. There was this ONE SCENE where they find this farmer who's been attacked, and he's slumped against the wall with his eyes pecked out. I saw it when I was ten, because it's one of my mom's favorite movies (and one of mine, now that I'm an adult) and it scarred me for life. I'm STILL not able to watch that scene and I'm 30, haha.
The Dark Crystal. Just. No.
The Dark Crystal. Just. No.
hey how you doing? well i'm doing just fine.
i lied i'm dying inside

ness, he/him
looking for a dragon with
obsidian or very dark grey primary
red range secondary
male
lightning primal
willing to pay upwards of 200g, depending on colors and genes
When No Face from Spirited Away started eating people
When No Face from Spirited Away started eating people
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
Winnie the Pooh.

Yeah.
Winnie the Pooh.

Yeah.
5159.pngoie-MMw-Romgf4h-RP.png7684.png
[quote name="Warriorgirl1234" date=2017-08-07 16:59:44] Both Coraline and Monster House still haunt me to this day. [/quote] Monster House scared me sh!tless when that came out! I forgot how old I was but I haven't watched it since.
Warriorgirl1234 wrote on 2017-08-07:
Both Coraline and Monster House still haunt me to this day.

Monster House scared me sh!tless when that came out! I forgot how old I was but I haven't watched it since.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 35 36