Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any other axolotl owners here?
I love axolotls, you love axolotls, everyone with a brain loves axolotls. I have two axolotls, one lucy male named Peri, and one wild male named Murdoc. I love amphibians. If anyone else here has any axies I'd love to see them!
I love axolotls, you love axolotls, everyone with a brain loves axolotls. I have two axolotls, one lucy male named Peri, and one wild male named Murdoc. I love amphibians. If anyone else here has any axies I'd love to see them!
hello friend
9Kib4ut.png
@JDArtist

You can talk about Marshmallow =]
@JDArtist

You can talk about Marshmallow =]
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
I have two right now that im conditioning to sand bottom by having them in a bare tub while i get stuff ready. Theyre in there passing gravel since the pet store they were at had em on gravel and i guess didnt know that they started to swallow it. :/

But ones an albino, the other is a wild type!
I have two right now that im conditioning to sand bottom by having them in a bare tub while i get stuff ready. Theyre in there passing gravel since the pet store they were at had em on gravel and i guess didnt know that they started to swallow it. :/

But ones an albino, the other is a wild type!
[img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/5358c696dae59037f12b6036e48b4031/tumblr_or3oc1XENu1rx7pvqo1_1280.jpg[/img] This is my first axie, Marshmallow. They are only 4 months old, so it will be a while before I know if they're male or female. They are a leucistic, with cute little freckles along their body. They are adorable, squishy, and have a following on tumblr and among home-school children.
tumblr_or3oc1XENu1rx7pvqo1_1280.jpg

This is my first axie, Marshmallow. They are only 4 months old, so it will be a while before I know if they're male or female. They are a leucistic, with cute little freckles along their body. They are adorable, squishy, and have a following on tumblr and among home-school children.
tumblr_o6iu8wINLr1rx7pvqo1_r1_500.jpg
I'm considering getting an axolotl in the future but buying them from a reputable breeder can be expensive, plus I want to try and make sure that its environment is as close to the one it had in the wild.
These lovely little creatures are almost entirely extinct in the wild, so I'm hoping that there is a way to someday re-introduce them to their natural habitat.
I'm considering getting an axolotl in the future but buying them from a reputable breeder can be expensive, plus I want to try and make sure that its environment is as close to the one it had in the wild.
These lovely little creatures are almost entirely extinct in the wild, so I'm hoping that there is a way to someday re-introduce them to their natural habitat.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
[quote name="TheRoyalFrogMan" date="2017-07-01 08:49:33" ] I love axolotls, you love axolotls, everyone with a brain loves axolotls. I have two axolotls, one lucy male named Peri, and one wild male named Murdoc. I love amphibians. If anyone else here has any axies I'd love to see them! [/quote] I have one male! His name's Odin after Odin Dark from Fire Emblem :)
TheRoyalFrogMan wrote on 2017-07-01 08:49:33:

I have one male! His name's Odin after Odin Dark from Fire Emblem :)
// trans rights are human rights //
imma just follow this thread so i can see axolotl pics
imma just follow this thread so i can see axolotl pics
bQXuoer.pngAiaAKNt.png FR time +9
God I really want an axolotl but they’re illegal in California :(
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
[quote name="etui" date="2019-08-11 18:19:52" ] God I really want an axolotl but they’re illegal in California :( [/quote] The reason is that, like Hawaii we're considered biodiversity hot spots, so we can get really paranoid over potentially invasive animal species, such as monk parakeets. [emoji=bogsneak sad size=1] I'd love to have one as well, but at least I can go visit zoos and aquariums (that help conserve them in Mexico!) to visit my little beans.
etui wrote on 2019-08-11 18:19:52:

The reason is that, like Hawaii we're considered biodiversity hot spots, so we can get really paranoid over potentially invasive animal species, such as monk parakeets.

I'd love to have one as well, but at least I can go visit zoos and aquariums (that help conserve them in Mexico!) to visit my little beans.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
gosh i want one but aquariums and keeping the water cool enough and filters and everything freak me out, it's gotta be so precise. so i'd rather just admire from afar ;w;
gosh i want one but aquariums and keeping the water cool enough and filters and everything freak me out, it's gotta be so precise. so i'd rather just admire from afar ;w;
WYLy2Ui.gif