Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Skins and Corsages
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@perosus Oh, I agree completely. It's like no thought or care went into trying to create an appealing-looking flower. Even with the Flowerfalls that I assume they're meant to go with, they'd stick out by just looking lazy. I totally agree with the unfinished comment.

And its' not so much an issue of 'well that's way more art they'd have to do' as well? The Marigold and Rose could share a many-petaled lineart. Violet, Daisy, and Sakura could easily share the same lineart. The only outlier would be the tulip.
@perosus Oh, I agree completely. It's like no thought or care went into trying to create an appealing-looking flower. Even with the Flowerfalls that I assume they're meant to go with, they'd stick out by just looking lazy. I totally agree with the unfinished comment.

And its' not so much an issue of 'well that's way more art they'd have to do' as well? The Marigold and Rose could share a many-petaled lineart. Violet, Daisy, and Sakura could easily share the same lineart. The only outlier would be the tulip.
@Kraiva I didn't even notice the possibility of these even going with the Flowerfalls at all, and yeah, they look like they were in some way meant to go with them but they just look that lazy. The flower falls have more detail to them and they're just petals thrown around your dragon that wears it :/

Exactly! Now granted yes generally with things in sets like this the staff likes to use one lineart and call it done and just re colour it for other things in the set, usually that works but since these were so lazily done, and named after flowers that look nothing alike, it really seems to be their downfall this time.
@Kraiva I didn't even notice the possibility of these even going with the Flowerfalls at all, and yeah, they look like they were in some way meant to go with them but they just look that lazy. The flower falls have more detail to them and they're just petals thrown around your dragon that wears it :/

Exactly! Now granted yes generally with things in sets like this the staff likes to use one lineart and call it done and just re colour it for other things in the set, usually that works but since these were so lazily done, and named after flowers that look nothing alike, it really seems to be their downfall this time.
Please ping me for replies!
They/Them pronouns
@Perosus The flowerfalls I think they could get away with because the petals are so indistinct on their own, but this is just lazy.

And if they could spend all that time coloring those ugly capes with different iridescent shimmers on each feather and different trims and stuff, or painting those weird shimmers on those equally ugly tunics, they could have the time to draw three different flower types on a corsage
just my opinion tho
@Perosus The flowerfalls I think they could get away with because the petals are so indistinct on their own, but this is just lazy.

And if they could spend all that time coloring those ugly capes with different iridescent shimmers on each feather and different trims and stuff, or painting those weird shimmers on those equally ugly tunics, they could have the time to draw three different flower types on a corsage
just my opinion tho
Aww they're so pretty :)
Thank you!
Unfortunately I can't fight in the Mire just yet, I hope I can soon.
Aww they're so pretty :)
Thank you!
Unfortunately I can't fight in the Mire just yet, I hope I can soon.
@Mistwalker We'll be adding skins to the other venues in coming updates. So even low level teams should get chance at the lower-level venue skins. =D
@Mistwalker We'll be adding skins to the other venues in coming updates. So even low level teams should get chance at the lower-level venue skins. =D
Ooou I'm glad that PC skin won, it's glorious. Hope I find one!
Ooou I'm glad that PC skin won, it's glorious. Hope I find one!
V3yjbbG.png
Congrats to the skin winners! I'm totally looking forward to all the winning skins. :3
Congrats to the skin winners! I'm totally looking forward to all the winning skins. :3
I love those skins!
I love those skins!
tumblr_ndzarciQjc1si697do1_500.png
Anyone got any yet, by the way?
Anyone got any yet, by the way?
V3yjbbG.png
I love the Psywurm skin!
I love the Psywurm skin!
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12