Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Delete Account
1 2 3 4
@DemonNeko

An 'inactive' option is arready ther - just don't log in. There is no shame in not being active anymore. You can just leave and never come back if you wish to do so. FR won't contact you ever again. Its not one of THOSE sites that harass ex-users with constant emailing "we miss you" nonsense.
@DemonNeko

An 'inactive' option is arready ther - just don't log in. There is no shame in not being active anymore. You can just leave and never come back if you wish to do so. FR won't contact you ever again. Its not one of THOSE sites that harass ex-users with constant emailing "we miss you" nonsense.
@DemonNeko
I believe that there are potentially some legal complications to deleting accounts when people have paid, or may have paid real money for things in the account (i.e. gems).

I'm not sure if this would help but you can ask the admin to unlink your referral. In other words, you could buy gems and not have it send the referral bonus to the person who recommended the site to you. If this is something you would like send the admin an email through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any FR page and let them know.
Additionally, you can change your username, your flight, and you have the option to block users if you don't want to see their posts. If you feel that users are harassing you (especially if they are trying to bypass being blocked), you can report them to the mods or admin.

Good luck.
@DemonNeko
I believe that there are potentially some legal complications to deleting accounts when people have paid, or may have paid real money for things in the account (i.e. gems).

I'm not sure if this would help but you can ask the admin to unlink your referral. In other words, you could buy gems and not have it send the referral bonus to the person who recommended the site to you. If this is something you would like send the admin an email through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any FR page and let them know.
Additionally, you can change your username, your flight, and you have the option to block users if you don't want to see their posts. If you feel that users are harassing you (especially if they are trying to bypass being blocked), you can report them to the mods or admin.

Good luck.
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
No support.

This isn't really needed, as all you need to do is just stop playing. There's no reason to delete your account.

There have been cases of sibilings/cousins/whoever logging on and messing with someone's account, and this would end up being a tool for them to just straight up delete the account that the player spent money and effort on.
No support.

This isn't really needed, as all you need to do is just stop playing. There's no reason to delete your account.

There have been cases of sibilings/cousins/whoever logging on and messing with someone's account, and this would end up being a tool for them to just straight up delete the account that the player spent money and effort on.
[quote name="@Praeses" date=2017-04-25 19:03:36] @ DemonNeko I believe that there are potentially some legal complications to deleting accounts when people have paid, or may have paid real money for things in the account (i.e. gems). [/quote] I fail to see how? You can spend real money on websites, such as DeviantART, and still have the option to close your account or have your account banned. Either way, I only support this option in the future, if or when high numbers of inactive accounts are having an impact on the server.
@Praeses wrote on 2017-04-25:
@ DemonNeko

I fail to see how? You can spend real money on websites, such as DeviantART, and still have the option to close your account or have your account banned.

Either way, I only support this option in the future, if or when high numbers of inactive accounts are having an impact on the server.
Tn4aWhc.png
Support. I don't see how anyone would be affected by this negatively? Let's say you want to delete your account if we did have this feature. You'd click a button, all of your items would be deleted out of existence, and all of your dragons would be exalted to the deity that your clan was under. No one would be effected, people can still see your dragons. They're just exalted.

I do understand that if someone found out your password and got into your account, they could delete it easily. That's the only issue I see with adding this feature.

But this should be a feature that the user should make themselves. I'm not supporting the deletion of inactive accounts. I'm supporting the ability to delete your own account.
Support. I don't see how anyone would be affected by this negatively? Let's say you want to delete your account if we did have this feature. You'd click a button, all of your items would be deleted out of existence, and all of your dragons would be exalted to the deity that your clan was under. No one would be effected, people can still see your dragons. They're just exalted.

I do understand that if someone found out your password and got into your account, they could delete it easily. That's the only issue I see with adding this feature.

But this should be a feature that the user should make themselves. I'm not supporting the deletion of inactive accounts. I'm supporting the ability to delete your own account.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
[quote name="@turtlee" date=2017-04-26 04:46:34] I do understand that if someone found out your password and got into your account, they could delete it easily. That's the only issue I see with adding this feature. [/quote] That is basically what most people are against. Imagine trying to come online and site tells you your account doesn't exist. You are confused and try to find your dragons by endering your lair ID - nothing found. Then you try to fins the link to your lair over forumposts you made in case you mistyped - your posts are all gone. Nothing is there anymore. You try to write a contact us - but you can't. Since your account doesn't exist anymore no mail is conncetd to any account. You can't even ask the admins what the heck happend and why all the stuff you bought and worked for is just gone. As opposed to: "Oh I'm not interested in this site anymore. I'm not going to come back again". I can understand wanting to protect sensitive information about yourself. I could support admins deleting your RL name, birthday and adress (did we need to give the adress uppon accountcreation?) uppon you sending them a Contact Us. But deleating all of the account? What IS going to happen to forum posts? Not everyone that wants to delete would have a empty forum record. And deleting it all would be horridly disruptive in some cases.
@turtlee wrote on 2017-04-26:

That is basically what most people are against. Imagine trying to come online and site tells you your account doesn't exist. You are confused and try to find your dragons by endering your lair ID - nothing found. Then you try to fins the link to your lair over forumposts you made in case you mistyped - your posts are all gone. Nothing is there anymore. You try to write a contact us - but you can't. Since your account doesn't exist anymore no mail is conncetd to any account. You can't even ask the admins what the heck happend and why all the stuff you bought and worked for is just gone.

As opposed to: "Oh I'm not interested in this site anymore. I'm not going to come back again".

I can understand wanting to protect sensitive information about yourself. I could support admins deleting your RL name, birthday and adress (did we need to give the adress uppon accountcreation?) uppon you sending them a Contact Us. But deleating all of the account? What IS going to happen to forum posts? Not everyone that wants to delete would have a empty forum record. And deleting it all would be horridly disruptive in some cases.
For forum posts they could just wipe the name clean. I believe I have seen places that do this, or just put ID in place of name, and when clicked it goes to a page that says 'this account does not exist' or has been deleted. That way the forum posts can remain (any that the user wants deleted they should either write to contact us or delete themselves) but the account associated with them is gone.

I still believe that if someone wants to delete their account, they should be able to, no matter WHAT the site is. Some people just don't like leaving accounts behind associated with them. That should be their choice.

However, there should also be some safeguards, I have mentioned them before (probably in this thread), but basically a 6 month or longer 'grace' period in which the user, once they clicked the delete account and confirmed through email, would have to come back to the site and decide to stay. Their account would go into 'deletion' mode and not be accessible unless they click a button 'I have changed my mind' and then they could access it. However, in order to delete the account after clicking this button, they would have to go through the same process as before, with the same time limit, it doesn't start from when the button was clicked (ie if you click the button two months in, and start the process again, you have 6 months grace not 4)
For forum posts they could just wipe the name clean. I believe I have seen places that do this, or just put ID in place of name, and when clicked it goes to a page that says 'this account does not exist' or has been deleted. That way the forum posts can remain (any that the user wants deleted they should either write to contact us or delete themselves) but the account associated with them is gone.

I still believe that if someone wants to delete their account, they should be able to, no matter WHAT the site is. Some people just don't like leaving accounts behind associated with them. That should be their choice.

However, there should also be some safeguards, I have mentioned them before (probably in this thread), but basically a 6 month or longer 'grace' period in which the user, once they clicked the delete account and confirmed through email, would have to come back to the site and decide to stay. Their account would go into 'deletion' mode and not be accessible unless they click a button 'I have changed my mind' and then they could access it. However, in order to delete the account after clicking this button, they would have to go through the same process as before, with the same time limit, it doesn't start from when the button was clicked (ie if you click the button two months in, and start the process again, you have 6 months grace not 4)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I would like there be an easier option to delete your account, though with safeguards like a confirmation e-mail in place. I read an article recently that many people (myself included) use the same/similar password on many sites. A forgotten petsite account could have the same password as something more important and if that got hacked well... yeah. Bad things happen.

I realize the potential for abuse and that people shouldn't be as lazy as I am with passwords, but it would be nice to have the option there.
I would like there be an easier option to delete your account, though with safeguards like a confirmation e-mail in place. I read an article recently that many people (myself included) use the same/similar password on many sites. A forgotten petsite account could have the same password as something more important and if that got hacked well... yeah. Bad things happen.

I realize the potential for abuse and that people shouldn't be as lazy as I am with passwords, but it would be nice to have the option there.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
1 2 3 4