Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Economy is NOT broken
1 2 3
Economy doesn't bother me at all.

I would rather sell my dragon quickly than hold out for what I think I can possibly get. Also, each day that passes is less people that are wanting that dragon as they might be buying something else just as good with a better price. I would rather price my dragons towards low so people can get a dragon they want and will probably keep.
Economy doesn't bother me at all.

I would rather sell my dragon quickly than hold out for what I think I can possibly get. Also, each day that passes is less people that are wanting that dragon as they might be buying something else just as good with a better price. I would rather price my dragons towards low so people can get a dragon they want and will probably keep.
crystal_sprite_raffle_by_kuripifire-d88cxm1.jpg
Considering I sold a green/magenta tundra eye searer for a high price for starters like last week and it's even been dressed up I AIN'T EVEN BOTHERED
Considering I sold a green/magenta tundra eye searer for a high price for starters like last week and it's even been dressed up I AIN'T EVEN BOTHERED
YOURE A KID YOURE A SQUID
@Lusewing Its not actually good after a certain point no. was 1:85 good? nope it was low. 1:150 is about right imo but im starting to not see the prices going down. Its also not helping the value a lot on the genes..its just making it so those genes trump every other which im quite sure is not intended.

Now ive spent a good bit on gems so im not somebody who cant afford them or has no money to buy them. But the actual fact is it again comes back to the lair cap and the issues with expansion costs. Careful breeding requires keeping offspring and trading effectively which requires space. Lets now add in runestones almost never works again and other games have issues as well.

Coli is about the only true way to make good money and thats not even that good. I agree if games worked well all the time and they tweaked lair caps/costs i think it would be fine. Also removing the lair cap would even at a reduced cost be a neverending gold sink.

As far as why are Wildclaws undervalued? they arent..breed change scrolls period are why no breed except imperials held their value so long. the one thing you cant do with imperials is breed change them anytime you want cause you found the perfect starter colors. surging gem prices if they dont retreat and keep rising will cause a majority to pack it up and leave.

One thing i can assure you is people despise pay to win games..and while I dont think FR is quite there yet..it is heading there . Partially because they cant fix their site as much as any other factors but ive already noticed online population has dwindled more each week..and yet the site still is not functioning well.

@benalene the breed changes rising like that wont hurt the ones abusively breeding farms..they already have them (myself included). it WILL hurt new players if they actually open registration up again with the sites poor performance being a big issue again.

Wildclaws arent rare because they can be perfectly setup due to breed changes. Anything that you can get your perfect dragon with and not have to slowly breed towards will not hold value. Imperials were a perfect example of what a breed without infinite breed change scrolls were worth for such a long time. If the site had worked well and registration had stayed open imperials would still be worth a lot more than they are right now. Wildclaws will never be rare because of the exact point above. People will overbreed whats in demand til its worthless with 1-2 pairs.

Also lair expansion caps need to go..as do the costs (they should be lower but be infinite). The whole point of this site was supposed to be to have to slowly and carefully breed towards your dream dragon..but that system inherently couldnt work due to breed change scrolls.

The very fact Wildclaws produce imps 99% of the time is the only factor that caused Imperials to get so cheap. if not for that? youd see them in the 800k to 10+ million range even today.

The sky isnt falling yet but things are getting progressively worse each week that performance and the lack of some imo simple temporary solutions could make hurts the games playability and lifespan. I dont even care about selling dragons for a lot..i never joined to do that in the first place.

Sorry for the wall of text but its a lot to put down.
@Lusewing Its not actually good after a certain point no. was 1:85 good? nope it was low. 1:150 is about right imo but im starting to not see the prices going down. Its also not helping the value a lot on the genes..its just making it so those genes trump every other which im quite sure is not intended.

Now ive spent a good bit on gems so im not somebody who cant afford them or has no money to buy them. But the actual fact is it again comes back to the lair cap and the issues with expansion costs. Careful breeding requires keeping offspring and trading effectively which requires space. Lets now add in runestones almost never works again and other games have issues as well.

Coli is about the only true way to make good money and thats not even that good. I agree if games worked well all the time and they tweaked lair caps/costs i think it would be fine. Also removing the lair cap would even at a reduced cost be a neverending gold sink.

As far as why are Wildclaws undervalued? they arent..breed change scrolls period are why no breed except imperials held their value so long. the one thing you cant do with imperials is breed change them anytime you want cause you found the perfect starter colors. surging gem prices if they dont retreat and keep rising will cause a majority to pack it up and leave.

One thing i can assure you is people despise pay to win games..and while I dont think FR is quite there yet..it is heading there . Partially because they cant fix their site as much as any other factors but ive already noticed online population has dwindled more each week..and yet the site still is not functioning well.

@benalene the breed changes rising like that wont hurt the ones abusively breeding farms..they already have them (myself included). it WILL hurt new players if they actually open registration up again with the sites poor performance being a big issue again.

Wildclaws arent rare because they can be perfectly setup due to breed changes. Anything that you can get your perfect dragon with and not have to slowly breed towards will not hold value. Imperials were a perfect example of what a breed without infinite breed change scrolls were worth for such a long time. If the site had worked well and registration had stayed open imperials would still be worth a lot more than they are right now. Wildclaws will never be rare because of the exact point above. People will overbreed whats in demand til its worthless with 1-2 pairs.

Also lair expansion caps need to go..as do the costs (they should be lower but be infinite). The whole point of this site was supposed to be to have to slowly and carefully breed towards your dream dragon..but that system inherently couldnt work due to breed change scrolls.

The very fact Wildclaws produce imps 99% of the time is the only factor that caused Imperials to get so cheap. if not for that? youd see them in the 800k to 10+ million range even today.

The sky isnt falling yet but things are getting progressively worse each week that performance and the lack of some imo simple temporary solutions could make hurts the games playability and lifespan. I dont even care about selling dragons for a lot..i never joined to do that in the first place.

Sorry for the wall of text but its a lot to put down.
vigorous laughter
vigorous laughter
Wow, who bumped this old thread? Anyways, I don't mind the economy. I like being able to get dragons for cheap, and I don't mind selling dragons for cheap either. If I'm so impatient to get rid of them, I exalt them.
Wow, who bumped this old thread? Anyways, I don't mind the economy. I like being able to get dragons for cheap, and I don't mind selling dragons for cheap either. If I'm so impatient to get rid of them, I exalt them.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Sorry, but when I'm seeing triple gened skydancers with complimentary coloring going for 7500? ( like two games of puzzle on normal) then something does need to be fixed because veteran players do know the search by colors but that doesnt rule out the temptation of just picking up cheap dragons. as it stands i cant even sell to break even with expansion costs. and why would the admins care about the economy? they make money off ads..not dragons sales.
Sorry, but when I'm seeing triple gened skydancers with complimentary coloring going for 7500? ( like two games of puzzle on normal) then something does need to be fixed because veteran players do know the search by colors but that doesnt rule out the temptation of just picking up cheap dragons. as it stands i cant even sell to break even with expansion costs. and why would the admins care about the economy? they make money off ads..not dragons sales.
There are two (or more) different economy issues
Lair space, yes, is seriously too expensive for people to be able to breed dragons an make money.
Not all of us like the games, and if you focus on breeding, you are limited in lair space and the abilty to have the space for your next batch. and for a site that centers on breeding, this is a huge issue, so people undercut massively to get the babies out

There is alos the dragon PRICE economy. The Imperial market crashed. The WC market is GETTING there, with people undercutting and pricing the WC at rediculously low prices.
WC are a breed so rare that you dont see many good color combos

And the massive amount of dragons on this site only fuels the undercutting becuase people dont want to exalt if they need it. In the prices these days, the 2k you get for exalting doesnt get you much, and all breeds give you the same chump change.
Imperials and WC give you the same 2k that a plentiful will give you.
There are two (or more) different economy issues
Lair space, yes, is seriously too expensive for people to be able to breed dragons an make money.
Not all of us like the games, and if you focus on breeding, you are limited in lair space and the abilty to have the space for your next batch. and for a site that centers on breeding, this is a huge issue, so people undercut massively to get the babies out

There is alos the dragon PRICE economy. The Imperial market crashed. The WC market is GETTING there, with people undercutting and pricing the WC at rediculously low prices.
WC are a breed so rare that you dont see many good color combos

And the massive amount of dragons on this site only fuels the undercutting becuase people dont want to exalt if they need it. In the prices these days, the 2k you get for exalting doesnt get you much, and all breeds give you the same chump change.
Imperials and WC give you the same 2k that a plentiful will give you.
The only broken part of the economy isn't even the economy, it's the closed registration. All you're seeing other than trying to operate in a vacuum with no new players (new players have around 20 very cheap lair spaces to play with, and are the typical "impulse" or happy go lucky buyers that can cycle many dragons through their lair before they settle on their first few permanent breeding pairs) is the principle of supply and demand at work. The OP is 100% right - when you go dragon buying, maybe you occasionally snap up a 4000T dragon on impulse, but more often you're looking for something specific and will pay more than lowest price for that breed and genes (yay colours!)

Idk about anyone else but I have no trouble at all selling my irishim bright wing Skydancers. I price anywhere between 20,000T (for the colours I don't like) to 150,000T (for rarer, prettier ones) and I haven't exalted one yet. BUT EXALTING IS THERE, DOUBLE YAY! If you can't sell your dragon before you need the space, level it to 4 or 5 and get 10k! There's an easy backup for every dragon that doesn't sell, which even nets you some treasure. I mean, even if your pair NEVER sold a baby, you'd make your money back on them eventually purely by exalting.

So yes, I don't get the problem (except the closed registration - once it opens, the market will settle down into something more long-term).
The only broken part of the economy isn't even the economy, it's the closed registration. All you're seeing other than trying to operate in a vacuum with no new players (new players have around 20 very cheap lair spaces to play with, and are the typical "impulse" or happy go lucky buyers that can cycle many dragons through their lair before they settle on their first few permanent breeding pairs) is the principle of supply and demand at work. The OP is 100% right - when you go dragon buying, maybe you occasionally snap up a 4000T dragon on impulse, but more often you're looking for something specific and will pay more than lowest price for that breed and genes (yay colours!)

Idk about anyone else but I have no trouble at all selling my irishim bright wing Skydancers. I price anywhere between 20,000T (for the colours I don't like) to 150,000T (for rarer, prettier ones) and I haven't exalted one yet. BUT EXALTING IS THERE, DOUBLE YAY! If you can't sell your dragon before you need the space, level it to 4 or 5 and get 10k! There's an easy backup for every dragon that doesn't sell, which even nets you some treasure. I mean, even if your pair NEVER sold a baby, you'd make your money back on them eventually purely by exalting.

So yes, I don't get the problem (except the closed registration - once it opens, the market will settle down into something more long-term).
1 2 3