Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Event of Exploration: S2 [Finale]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
@eifie @spectraldragon @elistanel @tyta @kirkeyressa @antivehicular @solemnsongbird @tsaiah @luxlight @drav @ophician @stanari @empyreal @azure @dragonpuff @polygone @ninjacatblue @Kalideoscope @mirrorface @ambrose @firo @varikset @darksilverhawk @thisoneisblue @AureaImperatrix @mithent @limelight

The final event is up! Please note that at rollover the Prize Shop will be closing for the next 24 hours to allow for preparation for the end of the event. Also note that a new prize pack has been added into the Prize Shop. Thank you all for playing!
@eifie @spectraldragon @elistanel @tyta @kirkeyressa @antivehicular @solemnsongbird @tsaiah @luxlight @drav @ophician @stanari @empyreal @azure @dragonpuff @polygone @ninjacatblue @Kalideoscope @mirrorface @ambrose @firo @varikset @darksilverhawk @thisoneisblue @AureaImperatrix @mithent @limelight

The final event is up! Please note that at rollover the Prize Shop will be closing for the next 24 hours to allow for preparation for the end of the event. Also note that a new prize pack has been added into the Prize Shop. Thank you all for playing!
vnfnSuk.gif
At the Edge of the World;

Pulling back with the Team to a safe spot to formulate a plan, Ciaram half paid-attention as Eris and Lucien started trying to put something together from the ramshackle equipment they all had still on them. The other half of his focus was constantly on the goopy-Galaxy Outies still spilling through the open Gate. Nets and webs and spears were all well and good, but in order to keep it all together, they were going to need some serious mojo...

Bump

Jerking to look at Bit, who'd just bumped into his shoulder yet again, Ciaram looked at the little dented Comet curiously, before frowning deeply a moment later. "No, Bit, you can't... That's too much!" He turned quickly, grabbing the little orb in his foreclaws, Gruet EEEing from atop his back at the sudden shift. "You'd... You'd DIE Bit! This isn't like before! You grew that chunk back, but this is your energy we're talking about here! You'd be sacrificing it to the Gate to keep it closed! I... I don't want to lose you again Buddy...." He wasn't tearing up, it was wet down here, lots of moisture in the air, crying?, no you're crying, not!--

bump

Bit had pushed forward, to bump itself gently right against his forehead. Ciaram wilted, as he starred into the pure, sparkling pink orb of his best friend. "Bit--I--" He choked out, but before he could force out any more, the little Comet wiggled out of his claw grip, nuzzling along his cheek and neck. Curling down, it paused at the dormant armband Cia always wore, the one that had reminded him of Home much earlier on this journey. Twirling around it, overlapping over it's own tail, Bit bomped to the side at just the right moment to knock one of it's bigger tail chunks right against the armband gem. For whatever Arcane reason, it stuck there, as Bit moved away from it. Then, it leaned forward again, just enough to gently tap against the chunk, and there was a small pink FLASH that shot between them, from orb to chunk. As Bit moved away again, this time completely, the chunk of itself that was stuck to the armband continued to glow, twinkling happily.

Raising his other arm to grip over the addition to the armband tightly, Ciaram nodded his head jerkily, giving a big sniff at the same time. Okay. Okay okay. He understood. "If... If you're sure Bit. I--I won't-"

BOMP

This time Bit whapped him right upside the head.
Just like good 'ol times.

"You crazy bit of space rock, whatter you trying to do, knock my brain out?! You nearly hit the cat too! I don't even know why the cat is even here and here you are, trying to knock it into the water. You know cats don't like water Bit! It'll freak out man!"

Bit bobbled at him in the air happily, seemingly not at all concerned that in a little while, it would be rocketing off to lend it's power to sealing the Gate. Quietly, it knew Ciaram would take care of it. He always did.

There, it was done, the Gate was Sealed and no more Galaxies were coming through. He hadn't wanted to watch, at that last moment, but he knew he couldn't look away. Bit deserved better then that. So he watched, as Bit flew with the Net, with two other Comets that his Crewmates had, and slammed into the Gate, the power contained in the little orbs exploding out to fuel the process and close a portal that never should have been opened in the first place.

Turning away, facing towards the roiling Galaxies with his vision slightly blurry, he had to remind himself that this wasn't the end. Bit had left him a chunk. She would know what to do. This wasn't the end. He wouldn't let this be the end.

But for now, he had a brother to avenge.

With one claw on his saber hilt (which boy-howdy he was gonna need to figure a new way to sheath this thing, the original one was burned through in some spots already from the power now running through the blade), Cia was just about to throw himself bodily into the fray, before sharp pinpricks of pain dug into the spot just between his shoulder blades.

"AGgg! Gruet! Claws, remember, claws SHARP-" A sharp pull on the Scarf around his neck cut off any more words, as Gruet swung down, pulling on the trailing end the whole way. Staggering and choking a bit, Ciaram was pulled right to the edge of the closest flooded tunnel entrance, where Gruet finally stopped trying to kill him yanking, allowing him to loosen the fabric and breathe again. He looked down, down into the wet darkness, and then over, to Gruet, who seemed to be starring down into it as well, only... More expectantly.

"Is.. Is something down there Kiddo?" Gruet blinked, and eee'd quietly, under his breath.
"Something bad?" The sudden sharp look up and tug on the scarf said NO.
"Okay, okay, something good then? Maybe... Something that could help?" The brightening of the previous glare and the flash of teeth said a whole lot of YES.
"Alrighty then Munchkin." Crouching down and scooping up the little Grue in his arms, the scarf trailing over and folding up in the mix as well, Ciaram cleared his throat as he looked down into the hole, clutching his whole armful tightly.

"Hello down there. If you're down there. Who ever you are. The little Gruelet seems to think you might be a friend, or maybe he's just hungry and thinks you're food, but I don't think that's a hungry smile he's wearing right now, more just... Excited? I think he wants to say hello too. But, we're in a bit of a pinch, it's kinda a mess up here, so if you're really down there, and you'd be willing to, we would be mighty grateful for some help in tossing these Space Baddies back to where the sun don't shine. They're mucking the whole place up real bad, the whole Sea too, and we're just trying to take it back, put it to rights. I mean, we aren't even from here and... My friend just... But it's to save everyone. And hey, if you do come on up, I'm sure we could figure out the maybe hungry thing later too. If he isn't now, Gruet is always hungry after a good fight. I'm sure we could scrounge some grub up for you too, make a regular party of it! He's weirdly fond of grilled cheese, so I've gotten pretty good at making it the last couple weeks, down right five-star by now if you ask me! I mean..."

Cia was babbling at a hole. And no, he did not feel even an ounce weird about doing it either. If Gruet thought help was down there, damn straight he'd try to bribe it up with sandwiches!

((After the attempted Grue baiting summoning; If it works, then GRUES ABOUND during this attack, if not, is just this.))

Ciaram activates his Peligin Ring for an AOE effect (to attack to Outsiders, or Buff allies into being able to damage them without disappearing?)

"Asuka! Kyu!" Drawing his fLight Saber as he runs over to the First Crewmates they have at the Edge, Ciaram quickly relays a battle plan to them that he thinks may work (along with informing them of their Grue friends if it succeeded). "If Kyu can create a bunch of illusionary copies of us all running around for the Outsiders to chase after, we can try and goad them into getting too close to the Walls around this place! We don't want our actual bodies to get caught between the Baddies and whatever is on the edges of the Edge, so the Copies can run taunting in there, and we can be here, on the inside, behind the enemy, so that even if they try to pull back from the wall, we can do something on our side to force them in further! Magic, attacks, throwing rocks, WHATEVER. So long as we can get them into the walls, we'll be able to shred them!"

Following through, the plan seemed to be going off splendidly! The Outsiders never really seemed all that smart to Cia, there was definitely something going on in them but their reaction time felt a bit slow. So that was what they were going to do, take full advantage of it!

Kyu's illusions were spot on, making copies of the Crew that would 'foolishly' get between the Galaxies and the walls, 'trapping' themselves in corners and pockets. When the Outsiders would try to capitalize on the trapped prey, they would pull further and further back towards the walls, until the illusions would dissipate against them, and by then it was usually too late for the reaching Outsider. For the ones that didn't go far enough on their own, Asuka and Ciaram (and others) would push from behind, the Skydancer with her magic and overall superior abilities, and Cia with very liberal use of Wind Magick, (Disorient, Contuse, Gust Slash) and the fLight Saber. Gruet, of course, has his pointy sharp Cutlass too, to get in on the fun with!

And all the while, as Ciaram fights, unconsciously always turning slightly to the left, the armband on that arm twinkles merrily, like a quiet little friend cheering on from the sidelines.

Go Team Go!
At the Edge of the World;

Pulling back with the Team to a safe spot to formulate a plan, Ciaram half paid-attention as Eris and Lucien started trying to put something together from the ramshackle equipment they all had still on them. The other half of his focus was constantly on the goopy-Galaxy Outies still spilling through the open Gate. Nets and webs and spears were all well and good, but in order to keep it all together, they were going to need some serious mojo...

Bump

Jerking to look at Bit, who'd just bumped into his shoulder yet again, Ciaram looked at the little dented Comet curiously, before frowning deeply a moment later. "No, Bit, you can't... That's too much!" He turned quickly, grabbing the little orb in his foreclaws, Gruet EEEing from atop his back at the sudden shift. "You'd... You'd DIE Bit! This isn't like before! You grew that chunk back, but this is your energy we're talking about here! You'd be sacrificing it to the Gate to keep it closed! I... I don't want to lose you again Buddy...." He wasn't tearing up, it was wet down here, lots of moisture in the air, crying?, no you're crying, not!--

bump

Bit had pushed forward, to bump itself gently right against his forehead. Ciaram wilted, as he starred into the pure, sparkling pink orb of his best friend. "Bit--I--" He choked out, but before he could force out any more, the little Comet wiggled out of his claw grip, nuzzling along his cheek and neck. Curling down, it paused at the dormant armband Cia always wore, the one that had reminded him of Home much earlier on this journey. Twirling around it, overlapping over it's own tail, Bit bomped to the side at just the right moment to knock one of it's bigger tail chunks right against the armband gem. For whatever Arcane reason, it stuck there, as Bit moved away from it. Then, it leaned forward again, just enough to gently tap against the chunk, and there was a small pink FLASH that shot between them, from orb to chunk. As Bit moved away again, this time completely, the chunk of itself that was stuck to the armband continued to glow, twinkling happily.

Raising his other arm to grip over the addition to the armband tightly, Ciaram nodded his head jerkily, giving a big sniff at the same time. Okay. Okay okay. He understood. "If... If you're sure Bit. I--I won't-"

BOMP

This time Bit whapped him right upside the head.
Just like good 'ol times.

"You crazy bit of space rock, whatter you trying to do, knock my brain out?! You nearly hit the cat too! I don't even know why the cat is even here and here you are, trying to knock it into the water. You know cats don't like water Bit! It'll freak out man!"

Bit bobbled at him in the air happily, seemingly not at all concerned that in a little while, it would be rocketing off to lend it's power to sealing the Gate. Quietly, it knew Ciaram would take care of it. He always did.

There, it was done, the Gate was Sealed and no more Galaxies were coming through. He hadn't wanted to watch, at that last moment, but he knew he couldn't look away. Bit deserved better then that. So he watched, as Bit flew with the Net, with two other Comets that his Crewmates had, and slammed into the Gate, the power contained in the little orbs exploding out to fuel the process and close a portal that never should have been opened in the first place.

Turning away, facing towards the roiling Galaxies with his vision slightly blurry, he had to remind himself that this wasn't the end. Bit had left him a chunk. She would know what to do. This wasn't the end. He wouldn't let this be the end.

But for now, he had a brother to avenge.

With one claw on his saber hilt (which boy-howdy he was gonna need to figure a new way to sheath this thing, the original one was burned through in some spots already from the power now running through the blade), Cia was just about to throw himself bodily into the fray, before sharp pinpricks of pain dug into the spot just between his shoulder blades.

"AGgg! Gruet! Claws, remember, claws SHARP-" A sharp pull on the Scarf around his neck cut off any more words, as Gruet swung down, pulling on the trailing end the whole way. Staggering and choking a bit, Ciaram was pulled right to the edge of the closest flooded tunnel entrance, where Gruet finally stopped trying to kill him yanking, allowing him to loosen the fabric and breathe again. He looked down, down into the wet darkness, and then over, to Gruet, who seemed to be starring down into it as well, only... More expectantly.

"Is.. Is something down there Kiddo?" Gruet blinked, and eee'd quietly, under his breath.
"Something bad?" The sudden sharp look up and tug on the scarf said NO.
"Okay, okay, something good then? Maybe... Something that could help?" The brightening of the previous glare and the flash of teeth said a whole lot of YES.
"Alrighty then Munchkin." Crouching down and scooping up the little Grue in his arms, the scarf trailing over and folding up in the mix as well, Ciaram cleared his throat as he looked down into the hole, clutching his whole armful tightly.

"Hello down there. If you're down there. Who ever you are. The little Gruelet seems to think you might be a friend, or maybe he's just hungry and thinks you're food, but I don't think that's a hungry smile he's wearing right now, more just... Excited? I think he wants to say hello too. But, we're in a bit of a pinch, it's kinda a mess up here, so if you're really down there, and you'd be willing to, we would be mighty grateful for some help in tossing these Space Baddies back to where the sun don't shine. They're mucking the whole place up real bad, the whole Sea too, and we're just trying to take it back, put it to rights. I mean, we aren't even from here and... My friend just... But it's to save everyone. And hey, if you do come on up, I'm sure we could figure out the maybe hungry thing later too. If he isn't now, Gruet is always hungry after a good fight. I'm sure we could scrounge some grub up for you too, make a regular party of it! He's weirdly fond of grilled cheese, so I've gotten pretty good at making it the last couple weeks, down right five-star by now if you ask me! I mean..."

Cia was babbling at a hole. And no, he did not feel even an ounce weird about doing it either. If Gruet thought help was down there, damn straight he'd try to bribe it up with sandwiches!

((After the attempted Grue baiting summoning; If it works, then GRUES ABOUND during this attack, if not, is just this.))

Ciaram activates his Peligin Ring for an AOE effect (to attack to Outsiders, or Buff allies into being able to damage them without disappearing?)

"Asuka! Kyu!" Drawing his fLight Saber as he runs over to the First Crewmates they have at the Edge, Ciaram quickly relays a battle plan to them that he thinks may work (along with informing them of their Grue friends if it succeeded). "If Kyu can create a bunch of illusionary copies of us all running around for the Outsiders to chase after, we can try and goad them into getting too close to the Walls around this place! We don't want our actual bodies to get caught between the Baddies and whatever is on the edges of the Edge, so the Copies can run taunting in there, and we can be here, on the inside, behind the enemy, so that even if they try to pull back from the wall, we can do something on our side to force them in further! Magic, attacks, throwing rocks, WHATEVER. So long as we can get them into the walls, we'll be able to shred them!"

Following through, the plan seemed to be going off splendidly! The Outsiders never really seemed all that smart to Cia, there was definitely something going on in them but their reaction time felt a bit slow. So that was what they were going to do, take full advantage of it!

Kyu's illusions were spot on, making copies of the Crew that would 'foolishly' get between the Galaxies and the walls, 'trapping' themselves in corners and pockets. When the Outsiders would try to capitalize on the trapped prey, they would pull further and further back towards the walls, until the illusions would dissipate against them, and by then it was usually too late for the reaching Outsider. For the ones that didn't go far enough on their own, Asuka and Ciaram (and others) would push from behind, the Skydancer with her magic and overall superior abilities, and Cia with very liberal use of Wind Magick, (Disorient, Contuse, Gust Slash) and the fLight Saber. Gruet, of course, has his pointy sharp Cutlass too, to get in on the fun with!

And all the while, as Ciaram fights, unconsciously always turning slightly to the left, the armband on that arm twinkles merrily, like a quiet little friend cheering on from the sidelines.

Go Team Go!
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
Shortly after helping get the Aegis Gate sealed, Orinda watches Valisia and Flourspar run off together before settling down on a large rock nearby. The small fae carefully removes her birdskull wingpieces and gold wingcuffs. the wingpieces are placed on the ground nearby while she uses her sheer strength to mold the gold wingcuffs into two long handles, and thread/wrap the wingpieces into/around the handle to make it like cattail-like whipping weapon. She nods in approval before looking around the dragons nearby.

She spots a wildclaw with bright blue eyes and beckons them over

"You are a lightning dragon yes?" she asks the wildclaw who nods
"Good. Take this weapon, enchant it with your element and go fight" she tells the wildclaw who does as told. After the wildclaw run toward outsiders, Orinda pulls her brown wizard hat off and sets to the side. She unwraps the black wrap covering her head, and calls out

"Those alignated with Earth please come forth!"

A nocturne approaches, and the fae hands the wrap over "Use this as a slingshot. Load with a rock, spin it and let go of one side of fabric to send the rock flying. This will do some damage" she instructs. The Nocturne nods and flies off. Orinda takes a deep breath as she smoothes over the birdskull necklace, and calls over another earth dragon.

"Please fill this hat with rock pebbles. I will be using this to physically bash the Outsiders in" she instructs and the dragon does so. She summon an arcane dragon over and has them enchant the hat to prevent it from tearing apart from use. She smile her thanks to the two dragons before lifting into the air with her hands holding onto the filled hat tightly. She approaches the Outsiders and begin her brutal attack of bashing them in with her pebble-filled hat. They should do more damage than just using her scratch/shred/water slash. However, she is very well versed in ambushing her enemies and going berserk when necessary.

This. This is N E C E S S A R Y.

The small buff fae could see the Aegis Dragons attacking the Outsiders. She saw the Lightning Wildclaw whipping the cattail whip around and it making LOUD CRACKLING noises. She watches as the Earth Nocturne using the black wrap as launching pad to send rocks of all sizes flying into the Outsiders.

A deep breath.

She lift her heavy rock-filled hat and bash into an Outsider. The start of her own fighting!
Shortly after helping get the Aegis Gate sealed, Orinda watches Valisia and Flourspar run off together before settling down on a large rock nearby. The small fae carefully removes her birdskull wingpieces and gold wingcuffs. the wingpieces are placed on the ground nearby while she uses her sheer strength to mold the gold wingcuffs into two long handles, and thread/wrap the wingpieces into/around the handle to make it like cattail-like whipping weapon. She nods in approval before looking around the dragons nearby.

She spots a wildclaw with bright blue eyes and beckons them over

"You are a lightning dragon yes?" she asks the wildclaw who nods
"Good. Take this weapon, enchant it with your element and go fight" she tells the wildclaw who does as told. After the wildclaw run toward outsiders, Orinda pulls her brown wizard hat off and sets to the side. She unwraps the black wrap covering her head, and calls out

"Those alignated with Earth please come forth!"

A nocturne approaches, and the fae hands the wrap over "Use this as a slingshot. Load with a rock, spin it and let go of one side of fabric to send the rock flying. This will do some damage" she instructs. The Nocturne nods and flies off. Orinda takes a deep breath as she smoothes over the birdskull necklace, and calls over another earth dragon.

"Please fill this hat with rock pebbles. I will be using this to physically bash the Outsiders in" she instructs and the dragon does so. She summon an arcane dragon over and has them enchant the hat to prevent it from tearing apart from use. She smile her thanks to the two dragons before lifting into the air with her hands holding onto the filled hat tightly. She approaches the Outsiders and begin her brutal attack of bashing them in with her pebble-filled hat. They should do more damage than just using her scratch/shred/water slash. However, she is very well versed in ambushing her enemies and going berserk when necessary.

This. This is N E C E S S A R Y.

The small buff fae could see the Aegis Dragons attacking the Outsiders. She saw the Lightning Wildclaw whipping the cattail whip around and it making LOUD CRACKLING noises. She watches as the Earth Nocturne using the black wrap as launching pad to send rocks of all sizes flying into the Outsiders.

A deep breath.

She lift her heavy rock-filled hat and bash into an Outsider. The start of her own fighting!
I have been requested to post what I have submitted instead of simply sharing. So here it is. Enjoy.

Davra descends into the depths below Aegis. There is fighting to be done - but before that, a giant manta ray is an asset that simply cannot be ignored in this battle. A single glowcrab clings to her head, just above the eyes, like a weird multilegged miner's light to battle the darkness of the Zee's waters - the rest of its bretheren are up in Aegis proper still, their metallurgists working on things Davra said the crabs would need.

Her flatfins and nature as a Water dragon makes Davra incredibly swift underneath the waves. She matches speed with the ray, approaching one of its massive eyes and waving at it in greeting.

She pulls the Water Tome to her hands, then, and flips to page 162: Speaking to Marine Animals.

The Skydancer clears her throat, then speaks, referring to the book:

"¡Hola!" she says. "Um, just a second... Mi nom... er... nombre es Davra!"

She smiles at the ray hugely, radiating friendliness and humble askance from her magical gem.

She flips a page or two.

"Por favor," she begins, a little uncertainly, frowning at the page. "ayúdenos... a luchar."

Looking up, she gives another massive, hopeful, inquisitive smile.

The head-crab (not to be confused with the mind-controlling parasite variety) clacks its pincers in amusement and reiterates the somewhat awkward request in Crabese.

(( There's just this horrible image in my mind of the Water Tome having a section on speaking to marine animals, but it's like one of those terrible little pocket Spanish dictionaries that American tourists use... ))

A harpoon in hand, Davra glides through the water. She belongs here, beneath the waves. The entire journey, her heritage had been of little help - but it helps now, and it helps immensely. Between her own nature and the flatfins on her limbs, little can match her speed and agility underwater.

The Outsiders roar in frustration, sending bubbles to the surface, as she darts away from their attacks. The Zee will not cooperate with them - they're sluggish, the water tugging at their limbs as they try swing or dodge.

Davra has no such concerns. She moves as if it were air, twisting and turning. She darts in again. She'd attacked so many times she's lost count. The harpoon lodges in the body of the ice beast and she twists it, sending cracks all along the surface.

Davra kicks the end of the weapon, shattering the beast and the weapon both into pieces.

Weaponless, she swims for the surface, breaching in a spray of water and laughter. At last, this is her domain, her element, her home away from home, and she is jubilant.

A waiting attendant tosses a heavy hammer into the air, and Davra catches it as she flies, bringing it to bear on a nearby outsider trying to get onto the manta ray and sending the creature careening back into the waves. She hits one, two, three - sending them sailing beneath the waves again, before pirouetting, claiming another harpoon and diving into the waves again.

Davra explodes out of the water, alighting on the shores of Aegis. By now, she is a little fatigued. A nearby warrior hands her another harpoon - she had shattered the last jabbing it into the Outsiders below the waves, as per usual.

"Are they ready?" she asks of the dutiful squire.

"Um, I think they're just about there. I'll take you there." the dragon replies.

The two walk the streets of Aegis at brisk pace, winding through small streets until they find a squat building with smoke pouring out the top. The forge is hard at work.

Davra opens the door and enters. The fact she is not dry manages to stave off the worst of the heat that blasts her from within.

"Did what I could. Looks mighty fine to me, really." the smith says, waving towards an adjacent room. "Had Yui and Mari come over to check the finer workin' stuff you asked for, and they were pleased enough."

Davra nods her thanks to the dragon, stepping into the adjacent, and much cooler, waiting area.

There, the crabs eagerly await, all in a row. Their glowing shells are radiant, and around them, Davra's wing guards have been reforged into crab armor to protect their legs, claws and underbellies, leaving only the luminous back shell exposed and alight with the power of Cosmogone.

The bulk of them huddle around several larger crabs, chosen for a special task. On them, the armor extends to the back, a tube protruding over their heads. At the tip, there is a shutter.

"They just gotta clench their left claw, and the shutter opens." the blacksmith explains.

Davra nods, instructing the elite crab units to turn to face the wall and do just that.

In unison, claws press down, and concentrated, destructive Cosmogone beams spill from the tubes, scorching the wall and leaving brick exposed and, in some places, damaged.

Davra shields her eyes, watching in awe the crabs at work. She'd donated her Talonclasp Pendant and Darksteel Bracelet to this cause - the gems were to be refashioned into lenses, forming, well, tiny Cosmogone laser cannons by focusing the crabs' light.

"They're... beautiful." she whispers.

"ABOUT TURN! AAAND... SCUTTLE!" Davra commands the glowcrab army, and out onto the battlefield they go, their tiny armored feet clicking with each tiny sideways step. Each Lasercrab is accompanied by a contingent of regular Glowcrabs as protection, their glow keeping Outsiders from squishing their more offensively-oriented comrades.

The Outsiders are about to get shown up by the Zee's humblest denizens.

SCUTTLE, MY PRETTIES! SCUTTLEEE!

(( Oh, damn, forgot about the Mando'a bit. Davra possesses Ghost Flame Candles. Would this count as a fire item?!

Or, maybe... ))

The Ice Beast bears down on Davra. Here, on dry land atop the ray, she isn't as maneuverable, and only barely dodges a swipe from the unholy thing.

She'd broken another weapon just moments ago against this thing's frozen hide, and was unarmed. She couldn't lash out at it with bare claws or teeth - that might mangle her beyond recognition, what with the burn the ice's touch brings.

Amidst battle and chaos, Davra pats at her remaining inventory, thin though it might be. Her seeking hand stops upon the arctic bag slung over her belt. The rations therein had been given to the crabs for their services in battle, but something remains.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. With sorrow that she'd never get to drink it, Davra gives a mighty heave and flings the contents of her container of hot cocoa - the Ice Flight enchants these things, else the hot cocoa would be lukewarm cocoa in minutes, and lump of cocoa-shaped ice in hours - right at the beast's face.

TAKE THAT, OUTSIDER FILTH!
I have been requested to post what I have submitted instead of simply sharing. So here it is. Enjoy.

Davra descends into the depths below Aegis. There is fighting to be done - but before that, a giant manta ray is an asset that simply cannot be ignored in this battle. A single glowcrab clings to her head, just above the eyes, like a weird multilegged miner's light to battle the darkness of the Zee's waters - the rest of its bretheren are up in Aegis proper still, their metallurgists working on things Davra said the crabs would need.

Her flatfins and nature as a Water dragon makes Davra incredibly swift underneath the waves. She matches speed with the ray, approaching one of its massive eyes and waving at it in greeting.

She pulls the Water Tome to her hands, then, and flips to page 162: Speaking to Marine Animals.

The Skydancer clears her throat, then speaks, referring to the book:

"¡Hola!" she says. "Um, just a second... Mi nom... er... nombre es Davra!"

She smiles at the ray hugely, radiating friendliness and humble askance from her magical gem.

She flips a page or two.

"Por favor," she begins, a little uncertainly, frowning at the page. "ayúdenos... a luchar."

Looking up, she gives another massive, hopeful, inquisitive smile.

The head-crab (not to be confused with the mind-controlling parasite variety) clacks its pincers in amusement and reiterates the somewhat awkward request in Crabese.

(( There's just this horrible image in my mind of the Water Tome having a section on speaking to marine animals, but it's like one of those terrible little pocket Spanish dictionaries that American tourists use... ))

A harpoon in hand, Davra glides through the water. She belongs here, beneath the waves. The entire journey, her heritage had been of little help - but it helps now, and it helps immensely. Between her own nature and the flatfins on her limbs, little can match her speed and agility underwater.

The Outsiders roar in frustration, sending bubbles to the surface, as she darts away from their attacks. The Zee will not cooperate with them - they're sluggish, the water tugging at their limbs as they try swing or dodge.

Davra has no such concerns. She moves as if it were air, twisting and turning. She darts in again. She'd attacked so many times she's lost count. The harpoon lodges in the body of the ice beast and she twists it, sending cracks all along the surface.

Davra kicks the end of the weapon, shattering the beast and the weapon both into pieces.

Weaponless, she swims for the surface, breaching in a spray of water and laughter. At last, this is her domain, her element, her home away from home, and she is jubilant.

A waiting attendant tosses a heavy hammer into the air, and Davra catches it as she flies, bringing it to bear on a nearby outsider trying to get onto the manta ray and sending the creature careening back into the waves. She hits one, two, three - sending them sailing beneath the waves again, before pirouetting, claiming another harpoon and diving into the waves again.

Davra explodes out of the water, alighting on the shores of Aegis. By now, she is a little fatigued. A nearby warrior hands her another harpoon - she had shattered the last jabbing it into the Outsiders below the waves, as per usual.

"Are they ready?" she asks of the dutiful squire.

"Um, I think they're just about there. I'll take you there." the dragon replies.

The two walk the streets of Aegis at brisk pace, winding through small streets until they find a squat building with smoke pouring out the top. The forge is hard at work.

Davra opens the door and enters. The fact she is not dry manages to stave off the worst of the heat that blasts her from within.

"Did what I could. Looks mighty fine to me, really." the smith says, waving towards an adjacent room. "Had Yui and Mari come over to check the finer workin' stuff you asked for, and they were pleased enough."

Davra nods her thanks to the dragon, stepping into the adjacent, and much cooler, waiting area.

There, the crabs eagerly await, all in a row. Their glowing shells are radiant, and around them, Davra's wing guards have been reforged into crab armor to protect their legs, claws and underbellies, leaving only the luminous back shell exposed and alight with the power of Cosmogone.

The bulk of them huddle around several larger crabs, chosen for a special task. On them, the armor extends to the back, a tube protruding over their heads. At the tip, there is a shutter.

"They just gotta clench their left claw, and the shutter opens." the blacksmith explains.

Davra nods, instructing the elite crab units to turn to face the wall and do just that.

In unison, claws press down, and concentrated, destructive Cosmogone beams spill from the tubes, scorching the wall and leaving brick exposed and, in some places, damaged.

Davra shields her eyes, watching in awe the crabs at work. She'd donated her Talonclasp Pendant and Darksteel Bracelet to this cause - the gems were to be refashioned into lenses, forming, well, tiny Cosmogone laser cannons by focusing the crabs' light.

"They're... beautiful." she whispers.

"ABOUT TURN! AAAND... SCUTTLE!" Davra commands the glowcrab army, and out onto the battlefield they go, their tiny armored feet clicking with each tiny sideways step. Each Lasercrab is accompanied by a contingent of regular Glowcrabs as protection, their glow keeping Outsiders from squishing their more offensively-oriented comrades.

The Outsiders are about to get shown up by the Zee's humblest denizens.

SCUTTLE, MY PRETTIES! SCUTTLEEE!

(( Oh, damn, forgot about the Mando'a bit. Davra possesses Ghost Flame Candles. Would this count as a fire item?!

Or, maybe... ))

The Ice Beast bears down on Davra. Here, on dry land atop the ray, she isn't as maneuverable, and only barely dodges a swipe from the unholy thing.

She'd broken another weapon just moments ago against this thing's frozen hide, and was unarmed. She couldn't lash out at it with bare claws or teeth - that might mangle her beyond recognition, what with the burn the ice's touch brings.

Amidst battle and chaos, Davra pats at her remaining inventory, thin though it might be. Her seeking hand stops upon the arctic bag slung over her belt. The rations therein had been given to the crabs for their services in battle, but something remains.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. With sorrow that she'd never get to drink it, Davra gives a mighty heave and flings the contents of her container of hot cocoa - the Ice Flight enchants these things, else the hot cocoa would be lukewarm cocoa in minutes, and lump of cocoa-shaped ice in hours - right at the beast's face.

TAKE THAT, OUTSIDER FILTH!
DQ9DP8W.png
Eris hurriedly draws a ritual circle around herself, half scrawling and half singing runes into their places along the bound. Mana glitters hungrily around her, spilling its light into the air, as she weaves the spell. The air itself sings with tension.

The nocturne punctuates the final lines of the spell with a shriek of defiance. The bound implodes, and Eris leaps out of the way as a flare of bright pink arcane energy rockets into the sky. It bursts, like a firework, into an enormous sigil - the draconic equivalent of "SOS".

"Stars above, send us aid," she whispers, looking up at the sky for a brief moment. The Outlier sky watches back. These is not her sky, and these are not her stars, and Arcanist knows how much she misses home, but if they fail here there may not be a home to return to.

She steels her will, calling wards to life along her rapier and around her body. Spira shifts form, the sprite's tiny figure changing into that of a hummingbird. Eris tosses her companion into the air and joins the fray with a prayer - to the deities, to the stars, to the Sea, to anyone who will hear her.

Spira looses precise bolts of starfire that push Outsiders into the forbidding cliffs as Eris whirls, slicing and stabbing opponents with warded blade. Praeteri joins her, a swift violet flurry of steel. Eris takes a moment to ward the spiral's blade too; for a moment, the Herald looks startled by her suddenly glowing sword, but then she catches the meaning of the runes on its edge and smiles, redoubling her attacks.

Magic flies indiscriminately. Eris shapes walls of wards, sketching runes with a free hand when she can and forming them mentally when she can't. She sings them alive with the names of a hundred stars, the stars of home. When the defensive magics take shape, she sweeps them at any unlucky groups of Outsiders that are caught between her and the cliffs. More than once she ends up punting her opponents into the wall with warded kicks.

These creatures are a perversion of everything she loves about the boundless night sky. There is death in the heavens, always, but even in the ashes, new stars are born. Nebulae should create, not destroy. Stars should give strength to those who fight.

Eris spins another disk of runes into being, another ward to deflect another blow and push back another foe, and prays.
Eris hurriedly draws a ritual circle around herself, half scrawling and half singing runes into their places along the bound. Mana glitters hungrily around her, spilling its light into the air, as she weaves the spell. The air itself sings with tension.

The nocturne punctuates the final lines of the spell with a shriek of defiance. The bound implodes, and Eris leaps out of the way as a flare of bright pink arcane energy rockets into the sky. It bursts, like a firework, into an enormous sigil - the draconic equivalent of "SOS".

"Stars above, send us aid," she whispers, looking up at the sky for a brief moment. The Outlier sky watches back. These is not her sky, and these are not her stars, and Arcanist knows how much she misses home, but if they fail here there may not be a home to return to.

She steels her will, calling wards to life along her rapier and around her body. Spira shifts form, the sprite's tiny figure changing into that of a hummingbird. Eris tosses her companion into the air and joins the fray with a prayer - to the deities, to the stars, to the Sea, to anyone who will hear her.

Spira looses precise bolts of starfire that push Outsiders into the forbidding cliffs as Eris whirls, slicing and stabbing opponents with warded blade. Praeteri joins her, a swift violet flurry of steel. Eris takes a moment to ward the spiral's blade too; for a moment, the Herald looks startled by her suddenly glowing sword, but then she catches the meaning of the runes on its edge and smiles, redoubling her attacks.

Magic flies indiscriminately. Eris shapes walls of wards, sketching runes with a free hand when she can and forming them mentally when she can't. She sings them alive with the names of a hundred stars, the stars of home. When the defensive magics take shape, she sweeps them at any unlucky groups of Outsiders that are caught between her and the cliffs. More than once she ends up punting her opponents into the wall with warded kicks.

These creatures are a perversion of everything she loves about the boundless night sky. There is death in the heavens, always, but even in the ashes, new stars are born. Nebulae should create, not destroy. Stars should give strength to those who fight.

Eris spins another disk of runes into being, another ward to deflect another blow and push back another foe, and prays.
MM82e8q.png
Team Untergard is go for Yuuki. Though, admittedly, I caught a few typos Xai got sent.

Ugh. Of course Rei and the fool hatchling had to charge in to do something ridiculous and heroic. But... Rei is probably right. And if she is, it's Yuuki's duty to aid however she can.

Among the golems, Yuuki is charging into the fray eagerly wielding her forgetool's hammer in one claw and her Magician's staff. She's even got the ridiculous light magic solay blades strapped to her wings, ready to use them to swipe at an enamy if she can without risking her wings too much.

"Onward to victory! For Meep!" She's not alone, as the Nature sprite she'd brought along with her from her clan's Elders is riding on her shoulders using nature magic to attack the outsiders as they go. And the plague dragon she is, she's using what little ability she has with her element that she is attempting to use the staff to channel, hammer, and once those fail her, claws and wings to do battle eagerly. These monsters must die. To protect the heart that is the little hatchling. To protect the Sea that she has been happily exploring and adventuring in.... And to protect everything.

Because this Skydancer doesn't want to ever have to return home having to tell the others... Her clan... That she'd ever run off or stood down from a fight like a coward. It's not in her nature. "We will win. We have no other option. In the name of the Tidelord and all that we hold dear!" For, while she's a Plague dragon by birth... She serves with and follows her own clan's diety by choice.

And if anyone wanted to see the cannon section: Once the cannon arrives, Yuuki thinks it over carefully, and pulls out the Electrician's Power Pack she'd been keeping with her this whole trip. Time to make this thing count, and she stuffs the thing into the cannon to fire.
Team Untergard is go for Yuuki. Though, admittedly, I caught a few typos Xai got sent.

Ugh. Of course Rei and the fool hatchling had to charge in to do something ridiculous and heroic. But... Rei is probably right. And if she is, it's Yuuki's duty to aid however she can.

Among the golems, Yuuki is charging into the fray eagerly wielding her forgetool's hammer in one claw and her Magician's staff. She's even got the ridiculous light magic solay blades strapped to her wings, ready to use them to swipe at an enamy if she can without risking her wings too much.

"Onward to victory! For Meep!" She's not alone, as the Nature sprite she'd brought along with her from her clan's Elders is riding on her shoulders using nature magic to attack the outsiders as they go. And the plague dragon she is, she's using what little ability she has with her element that she is attempting to use the staff to channel, hammer, and once those fail her, claws and wings to do battle eagerly. These monsters must die. To protect the heart that is the little hatchling. To protect the Sea that she has been happily exploring and adventuring in.... And to protect everything.

Because this Skydancer doesn't want to ever have to return home having to tell the others... Her clan... That she'd ever run off or stood down from a fight like a coward. It's not in her nature. "We will win. We have no other option. In the name of the Tidelord and all that we hold dear!" For, while she's a Plague dragon by birth... She serves with and follows her own clan's diety by choice.

And if anyone wanted to see the cannon section: Once the cannon arrives, Yuuki thinks it over carefully, and pulls out the Electrician's Power Pack she'd been keeping with her this whole trip. Time to make this thing count, and she stuffs the thing into the cannon to fire.
2DBCf1j.png9XOxNGE.jpg
The Last Battle, at Untergard~ The Cannon

After all the rest of the fighting, the very last thing Misprint does is approach the summoned cannon. But by then his items are almost all used up, his sparkling stinger sent, his inventory spent.

He narrows his eyes at the Outsiders, not yet finished off.

What else do I have to throw at them that can make an impact?

Misprint looks back to the cannon...and then, to the sword at his side.

Drawing the blade and holding in front of him, he spoke to it. "Heh. You have been...quite a boon to me. Saved my life, even. And I know how much of 'my' skill in battle is actually more yours.." He ran his palm down the flat of the blade, in an almost affectionate gesture. "But...no point saving my life if we don't win the day here. Everyone's life will be forfeit."

The Cleaver spoke in his mind. : I am pleased to hear such words of appreciation. Perhaps you are finally understanding what our Bond can mean. What else must we kill, wielder? I am ready to aid. :

Just one dragon with a cleaver, even a sentient one of ancient, powerful magics--Misprint suspected the damage the Cleaver could do flying from the ship's powerful cannon would be much greater. And the sacrifice was worth it.

He addressed the Cleaver. "Kill them for me. Take the Outsiders down." And placed it in the cannon.

: I will, Wielder, we shall--wait, what? :

Misprint readied the cannon for firing, feeling bittersweet.

: ...Wielder, what are we doing? Are we not going to kill your sworn enemies? :

Best of luck, my trusty Cleaver. May you take them down in bloody glory. And...may you not wait so long this time for your next wielder to find you.

: ! WIELDER. WE HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT THIS. :

Fire.

: AHHHHH..I WILL FIND YOU AGAIN, WIEEEELDERRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr... :

The Last Battle, at Untergard~ The Cannon

After all the rest of the fighting, the very last thing Misprint does is approach the summoned cannon. But by then his items are almost all used up, his sparkling stinger sent, his inventory spent.

He narrows his eyes at the Outsiders, not yet finished off.

What else do I have to throw at them that can make an impact?

Misprint looks back to the cannon...and then, to the sword at his side.

Drawing the blade and holding in front of him, he spoke to it. "Heh. You have been...quite a boon to me. Saved my life, even. And I know how much of 'my' skill in battle is actually more yours.." He ran his palm down the flat of the blade, in an almost affectionate gesture. "But...no point saving my life if we don't win the day here. Everyone's life will be forfeit."

The Cleaver spoke in his mind. : I am pleased to hear such words of appreciation. Perhaps you are finally understanding what our Bond can mean. What else must we kill, wielder? I am ready to aid. :

Just one dragon with a cleaver, even a sentient one of ancient, powerful magics--Misprint suspected the damage the Cleaver could do flying from the ship's powerful cannon would be much greater. And the sacrifice was worth it.

He addressed the Cleaver. "Kill them for me. Take the Outsiders down." And placed it in the cannon.

: I will, Wielder, we shall--wait, what? :

Misprint readied the cannon for firing, feeling bittersweet.

: ...Wielder, what are we doing? Are we not going to kill your sworn enemies? :

Best of luck, my trusty Cleaver. May you take them down in bloody glory. And...may you not wait so long this time for your next wielder to find you.

: ! WIELDER. WE HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT THIS. :

Fire.

: AHHHHH..I WILL FIND YOU AGAIN, WIEEEELDERRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr... :

TCC_04-sig.png Millennium Merchant Mafia NPeGYYg.png GFQXkBh.png
The Last Battle
Deadman's Canal

Erin's shining green wings drooped at her sides and her head hung low. The last two weeks had seen some of the most perilous fighting and desperate scrabbling for ground that she'd ever seen, even in Ice Flight's battles. A giant manta ray carrying a city atop its broad back, unreal dragons that dissolved into smoke, impossibly deep wells, space that stung and ice that burned - there was no way her clan would believe half of what happened on the Outlier Sea. She'd witnessed two crewmembers lose their grip on reality entirely. Hunger and terror was seemingly all that had driven the crew at times. And now... it was coming to an end.

The Seals. The Heralds. Her team had performed Untergard's rituals correctly, and by impossible odds managed to reunite Xion and Namine. Armed with new allies and new knowledge, the crew once again split into teams for a final assault upon the dread Outsiders.

As always, Erin went where she was needed. Deadman's Canal was filled with familiar faces, though now gaunt and in desperate need of succor. Erin went among them without a thought. Her flower crown gone, her tome of Nature Flight knowledge sacrificed to ensure the success of the Untergard rituals, the green Imperial had only food to give.

Was that wrong? No, not only food.

There was also hope.
The Last Battle
Deadman's Canal

Erin's shining green wings drooped at her sides and her head hung low. The last two weeks had seen some of the most perilous fighting and desperate scrabbling for ground that she'd ever seen, even in Ice Flight's battles. A giant manta ray carrying a city atop its broad back, unreal dragons that dissolved into smoke, impossibly deep wells, space that stung and ice that burned - there was no way her clan would believe half of what happened on the Outlier Sea. She'd witnessed two crewmembers lose their grip on reality entirely. Hunger and terror was seemingly all that had driven the crew at times. And now... it was coming to an end.

The Seals. The Heralds. Her team had performed Untergard's rituals correctly, and by impossible odds managed to reunite Xion and Namine. Armed with new allies and new knowledge, the crew once again split into teams for a final assault upon the dread Outsiders.

As always, Erin went where she was needed. Deadman's Canal was filled with familiar faces, though now gaunt and in desperate need of succor. Erin went among them without a thought. Her flower crown gone, her tome of Nature Flight knowledge sacrificed to ensure the success of the Untergard rituals, the green Imperial had only food to give.

Was that wrong? No, not only food.

There was also hope.
1fTWTjV.png
Anglesey swayed uncomfortably-- or was it the swaying of the ground? He had discovered that he didn't like the ocean at the best of times, and riding on the back of a giant manta ray while being besieged by demons from space was certainly not the best of times.

Still, he could feel the crackle of power that came from channeling the seal's closing. It felt good. It felt right. It felt... familiar.
What had changed? What had he lost?
No. No! Those were foolish questions. He knew what had changed. The question was: what would he do about it?

Anglesey lowered his goggles. He flexed his claws. The air hummed, sizzled, smelt of ozone.
He was famous, once, apparently. There must've been a reason for that.

With a bend of his wing, the pickaxe fell neatly into the Nocturne's hand. He swung it experimentally. Like a small pinwheel of death, it whizzed past his head.
He had always wanted to do that. (Maybe he had already.)

There were ways to improve this. A small vial had been jangling in his pocket this whole time, gifted by a suspicious dragon that he didn't know the name of. Whatever it did, it couldn't be good. Anglesey daubed it carefully onto the shining edge of the pick.

And... no. It needed something more. He rubbed his neck thoughtfully.
kzzzzzt!
Augh! He had hit an exposed wire or something. That would have to get looked at. For now, though, it would have to wait. Unless.
Unless?
A poisoned high-voltage pickaxe-flail. It was unsightly. It was impractical.
It was just like him. He loved it.

But... now what? He didn't know how to fight. He knew cannons, kind of, and the specific eras in which darksteel was prevalent in ancient Shadow-flight mushroom refineries. Neither seemed relevant. and what if he knew how but forgot!

Dragons around him were clawing, blasting, throwing hot cocoa. He couldn't hang back. Even if he didn't know how, he would manage somehow. He'd managed before.

Anglesey grasped his poison-electricity flail in one glowing claw and readied the other, which was glowing white-hot with lightning. He took-- unsteadily and with a great grinding of gears-- to the air.
"In the Name of the great and holy Stormcatcher, He who shapes the tempests and who works the Machinery of the world... I smite thee, fiend!"
Anglesey swayed uncomfortably-- or was it the swaying of the ground? He had discovered that he didn't like the ocean at the best of times, and riding on the back of a giant manta ray while being besieged by demons from space was certainly not the best of times.

Still, he could feel the crackle of power that came from channeling the seal's closing. It felt good. It felt right. It felt... familiar.
What had changed? What had he lost?
No. No! Those were foolish questions. He knew what had changed. The question was: what would he do about it?

Anglesey lowered his goggles. He flexed his claws. The air hummed, sizzled, smelt of ozone.
He was famous, once, apparently. There must've been a reason for that.

With a bend of his wing, the pickaxe fell neatly into the Nocturne's hand. He swung it experimentally. Like a small pinwheel of death, it whizzed past his head.
He had always wanted to do that. (Maybe he had already.)

There were ways to improve this. A small vial had been jangling in his pocket this whole time, gifted by a suspicious dragon that he didn't know the name of. Whatever it did, it couldn't be good. Anglesey daubed it carefully onto the shining edge of the pick.

And... no. It needed something more. He rubbed his neck thoughtfully.
kzzzzzt!
Augh! He had hit an exposed wire or something. That would have to get looked at. For now, though, it would have to wait. Unless.
Unless?
A poisoned high-voltage pickaxe-flail. It was unsightly. It was impractical.
It was just like him. He loved it.

But... now what? He didn't know how to fight. He knew cannons, kind of, and the specific eras in which darksteel was prevalent in ancient Shadow-flight mushroom refineries. Neither seemed relevant. and what if he knew how but forgot!

Dragons around him were clawing, blasting, throwing hot cocoa. He couldn't hang back. Even if he didn't know how, he would manage somehow. He'd managed before.

Anglesey grasped his poison-electricity flail in one glowing claw and readied the other, which was glowing white-hot with lightning. He took-- unsteadily and with a great grinding of gears-- to the air.
"In the Name of the great and holy Stormcatcher, He who shapes the tempests and who works the Machinery of the world... I smite thee, fiend!"
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
[center]-----------------------------------[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8968049][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/188410784714326016/267824204676726785/dragon.png[/img] [/url]------------------------------------[/center] Keres heaves one more breath, inhale, exhale. Her heart beats impossibly loud as she surveys the battlefield. Thank the Eleven they'd been able to close the portal so quickly. Thanks to that they were able to finish the battle, Keres is certain of it. She glances back towards the town, where her offered food is already being demolished by hungry warriors. Well. The seal and the army of easily-bribed muscle. Anyways. She makes her way to the immense cannon, the old one that had been their back-up plan. Her muscles ached, but she lifts her hand to touch the cold metal of the barrel. They hadn't needed it after all. Keres turns her head, towards the sea. Towards Untergard. She can almost visualize the fighting that's going on back there, with the others. If she closes her eyes she swears she can hear it... But no, just the waves. Still. Keres looks up at the big cannon. Maybe she can still help. Maybe there's something she can do. She's no engineer, but she's learned a lot about construction and machines during this adventure. That sonar remains one of Keres' prouder moments. She digs through her pouch for some [b]sprockets[/b] and gears she'd been given a long, long time ago. These, plus the bands from her [b]goggles[/b], could be used to make some improvements to the cannon. Nothing to do with range, but maybe she could rig it so it would hit harder. It was worth a shot. Hopefully, her allies at Untergard would be able to hold out. Finally, the cannon's improvements are complete. It looks terrible, but maybe it'll work. Keres takes one of the last things in her bag. Her [b]statue of the Icewarden[/b]. She bows her head to it one last time, and silently utters a desperate prayer. The deities can't reach her here, but it helps to think they can. They might. Keres forms a cannonball-sized globe of ice, with the statue at its core. It's dense and cold enough to burn. It'll not only survive the explosion of being shot out the cannon, but it'll strike its destination with the force of an avalanche. She carefully loads the shot, turns the cannon towards Untergard, and lights the fuse. Here goes nothing. ------------------------- Tl;dr using [item=sunsetpseaker's arctic goggles] + [item=handful of sprockets] + [item=icewarden ice sculpture] = fire cannon at untergard. desperate times call for firing ice out a cannon ¯\_(?)_/¯

Keres heaves one more breath, inhale, exhale. Her heart beats impossibly loud as she surveys the battlefield. Thank the Eleven they'd been able to close the portal so quickly. Thanks to that they were able to finish the battle, Keres is certain of it. She glances back towards the town, where her offered food is already being demolished by hungry warriors.

Well. The seal and the army of easily-bribed muscle. Anyways.

She makes her way to the immense cannon, the old one that had been their back-up plan. Her muscles ached, but she lifts her hand to touch the cold metal of the barrel. They hadn't needed it after all. Keres turns her head, towards the sea. Towards Untergard. She can almost visualize the fighting that's going on back there, with the others. If she closes her eyes she swears she can hear it... But no, just the waves. Still.

Keres looks up at the big cannon. Maybe she can still help. Maybe there's something she can do. She's no engineer, but she's learned a lot about construction and machines during this adventure. That sonar remains one of Keres' prouder moments. She digs through her pouch for some sprockets and gears she'd been given a long, long time ago. These, plus the bands from her goggles, could be used to make some improvements to the cannon. Nothing to do with range, but maybe she could rig it so it would hit harder. It was worth a shot.

Hopefully, her allies at Untergard would be able to hold out.

Finally, the cannon's improvements are complete. It looks terrible, but maybe it'll work. Keres takes one of the last things in her bag. Her statue of the Icewarden. She bows her head to it one last time, and silently utters a desperate prayer. The deities can't reach her here, but it helps to think they can. They might.

Keres forms a cannonball-sized globe of ice, with the statue at its core. It's dense and cold enough to burn. It'll not only survive the explosion of being shot out the cannon, but it'll strike its destination with the force of an avalanche. She carefully loads the shot, turns the cannon towards Untergard, and lights the fuse. Here goes nothing.

Tl;dr using + Handful of Sprockets + Icewarden Ice Sculpture = fire cannon at untergard. desperate times call for firing ice out a cannon ¯\_(?)_/¯
FR+0
She/Her

Wishlist
Art Sales
Dragons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpGvDCa4.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19