Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum Bugs
I don't know if this is just me or not, but I have had issues with the coliseum... Also, I would prefer the help of a moderator or administrator because they know FR well.

First, some information beforehand to help solve the bug

-I have a Mac (fully updated, 2 almost 3 years old)
-I have not tried FR on a PC yet
-this has been going on despite your constant updates

Okay, the main problem is when you battle monsters. At random, I lose the ability to click buttons, enemies, ANYTHING. The game is not frozen, either.

Second problem is that sometimes I click a dragon's fight, select the enemy, and they either take up to 5 minutes to attack. Sometimes, they don't.

Probably not a bug, but I can never find an opponent in the coliseum. I left it for an HOUR and nothing happened. I have always had that problem for my nearly 1 year of being here.

Final issue is that it sometimes doesn't load. This is relatively normal-happens all the time-but it does it almost every other time. My WiFi is good, and it happens even when only a few hundred players are on.

Please help!
I don't know if this is just me or not, but I have had issues with the coliseum... Also, I would prefer the help of a moderator or administrator because they know FR well.

First, some information beforehand to help solve the bug

-I have a Mac (fully updated, 2 almost 3 years old)
-I have not tried FR on a PC yet
-this has been going on despite your constant updates

Okay, the main problem is when you battle monsters. At random, I lose the ability to click buttons, enemies, ANYTHING. The game is not frozen, either.

Second problem is that sometimes I click a dragon's fight, select the enemy, and they either take up to 5 minutes to attack. Sometimes, they don't.

Probably not a bug, but I can never find an opponent in the coliseum. I left it for an HOUR and nothing happened. I have always had that problem for my nearly 1 year of being here.

Final issue is that it sometimes doesn't load. This is relatively normal-happens all the time-but it does it almost every other time. My WiFi is good, and it happens even when only a few hundred players are on.

Please help!
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
@albinoleopard

I can't help with the rest, but I can confirm that the long opponent waiting is not a bug. Rated Match is all but ignored, as there isn't anything to be gained from it.
@albinoleopard

I can't help with the rest, but I can confirm that the long opponent waiting is not a bug. Rated Match is all but ignored, as there isn't anything to be gained from it.
windh4.png
@albinoleopard

Would you happen to be using the latest version of Safari? Coli got messed up somehow in one of the most recent Safari updates, causing all the buttons to go unresponsive after a short period of time. Unfortunately, there is little FR devs can do at the moment, since this issue appeared from the browser's end. Maybe the rewrite will fix something.

Second problem - Coli freezing can be caused by several things, including:
- bleeding glitch - if the last enemy standing dies from bleeding damage, sometimes the Coli won't register its death and will wait for it to move even though it's no longer there.
- feeding time - Coli frequently lags at the moment when all dragons on the site lose a point of energy: 00:00 (rollover), 8:00 and 16:00 FR time. It should unfreeze after a short period of time, at least always does for me, but some people seem to have more serious issues with it.
- Redrock Cove glitch - not sure what venue you were trying to do, but in Redrock Cove the Coli has problems with Dainty Wavehoppers. If you get one as a familiar drop, something fails to load I guess? and it freezes.

As for rating battles, what WyvernVenom said was correct - almost no one uses them, so often it's impossible to find an enemy.

When Coli doesn't load, try the safemode link - the normal one just doesn't want to load sometimes for some reason.

Hope this helps!
@albinoleopard

Would you happen to be using the latest version of Safari? Coli got messed up somehow in one of the most recent Safari updates, causing all the buttons to go unresponsive after a short period of time. Unfortunately, there is little FR devs can do at the moment, since this issue appeared from the browser's end. Maybe the rewrite will fix something.

Second problem - Coli freezing can be caused by several things, including:
- bleeding glitch - if the last enemy standing dies from bleeding damage, sometimes the Coli won't register its death and will wait for it to move even though it's no longer there.
- feeding time - Coli frequently lags at the moment when all dragons on the site lose a point of energy: 00:00 (rollover), 8:00 and 16:00 FR time. It should unfreeze after a short period of time, at least always does for me, but some people seem to have more serious issues with it.
- Redrock Cove glitch - not sure what venue you were trying to do, but in Redrock Cove the Coli has problems with Dainty Wavehoppers. If you get one as a familiar drop, something fails to load I guess? and it freezes.

As for rating battles, what WyvernVenom said was correct - almost no one uses them, so often it's impossible to find an enemy.

When Coli doesn't load, try the safemode link - the normal one just doesn't want to load sometimes for some reason.

Hope this helps!
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
@albinoleopard Glad I'm not the only one! I am also using a Mac with the latest Safari browser, and I keep losing the ability to click on any of the Coliseum buttons after a few seconds of battling. At first it was with all the arenas, now I can use the training fields with some success, but all the other arenas do not work long enough to complete a battle.
@albinoleopard Glad I'm not the only one! I am also using a Mac with the latest Safari browser, and I keep losing the ability to click on any of the Coliseum buttons after a few seconds of battling. At first it was with all the arenas, now I can use the training fields with some success, but all the other arenas do not work long enough to complete a battle.
I do artz, message me if you want some. Mirror dragons don't get enough love.
centaurii.deviantart.com | centaurii.carbonmade.com | etsy.com/shop/CentauriArts | society6.com/centauri/prints?show=new
[quote name="centauri" date=2016-12-03 11:08:25] @albinoleopard Glad I'm not the only one! I am also using a Mac with the latest Safari browser, and I keep losing the ability to click on any of the Coliseum buttons after a few seconds of battling. At first it was with all the arenas, now I can use the training fields with some success, but all the other arenas do not work long enough to complete a battle. [/quote] Exactly!
centauri wrote on 2016-12-03:

Exactly!
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
@Neffi

Yes, Safari is fully updated, so that would make sense (THANK YOU SO MUCH)
I have Google Chrome, so I will try it on there

I am doing training grounds and the forest (I don't remember what it's called)

I do not usually play at feeding times, and the bleeding glitch has happened a few times, but it is so rare :/

Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
@Neffi

Yes, Safari is fully updated, so that would make sense (THANK YOU SO MUCH)
I have Google Chrome, so I will try it on there

I am doing training grounds and the forest (I don't remember what it's called)

I do not usually play at feeding times, and the bleeding glitch has happened a few times, but it is so rare :/

Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
This is happening to me too, but it only started a few days ago. Same problem with being unable to complete a battle in the Coliseum, but it seems to be only happening on Safari, as I am able to play just fine in Google Chrome. Hope this gets resolved soon ; u ;
This is happening to me too, but it only started a few days ago. Same problem with being unable to complete a battle in the Coliseum, but it seems to be only happening on Safari, as I am able to play just fine in Google Chrome. Hope this gets resolved soon ; u ;
m16OKP.jpeg
@Altair

OMG THANK UUUU
I will definitely try it in Google Chrome :)
@Altair

OMG THANK UUUU
I will definitely try it in Google Chrome :)
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg