Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Buying Gems With Sources Other Than PayP
Long story short I bought some gems here at the beginning of the month using PayPal and PayPal screwed it up. This is not at all FR's fault and I don't blame them (they aren't even involved in the issue - it has to do with PayPal's code screwing up) but right now, because of how PayPal has reacted to the issue, I am strongly considering never using their service again. But I like FR a lot and I'd hate to have to stop buying gems just because I can no longer trust or use PayPal. So is it currently possible to purchase gems another way - and if not are there any plans to change that? *crosses fingers*
Long story short I bought some gems here at the beginning of the month using PayPal and PayPal screwed it up. This is not at all FR's fault and I don't blame them (they aren't even involved in the issue - it has to do with PayPal's code screwing up) but right now, because of how PayPal has reacted to the issue, I am strongly considering never using their service again. But I like FR a lot and I'd hate to have to stop buying gems just because I can no longer trust or use PayPal. So is it currently possible to purchase gems another way - and if not are there any plans to change that? *crosses fingers*
sv9k5e5.png
The Holiday Hub!
Hi @Lurhstaap! I'm sorry about the situation with PayPal, and thank you so much for your post.

You can currently purchase gems for Treasure in the Items for Sale subforum here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz

If you would like to submit a ticket, or request alternate forms of payment for Gems, I invite you to write to the administration staff using the Contact Us form. :)

I know that the team would like to utilize Google Wallet, but at this time that option is not yet available. I hope that the Item Sale forum can assist you in the mean time! :)
Hi @Lurhstaap! I'm sorry about the situation with PayPal, and thank you so much for your post.

You can currently purchase gems for Treasure in the Items for Sale subforum here: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz

If you would like to submit a ticket, or request alternate forms of payment for Gems, I invite you to write to the administration staff using the Contact Us form. :)

I know that the team would like to utilize Google Wallet, but at this time that option is not yet available. I hope that the Item Sale forum can assist you in the mean time! :)
Hello! :) If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Lune

Oh, thank you for replying! The situation is absolutely NOT FR's fault in any way, shape, or form. :) It's 100% PayPal's. But thanks for inviting me to submit a ticket anyway. I didn't want to bother the staff here with this, since YOUR site did everything it's supposed to properly. I was just hoping I'd still be able to support you guys with real money as I can afford it. I get gems from selling plants sometimes (since the vast majority of my dragons prefer the other foods) so I know I can manage to get them without needing to buy, but I also like to give money to games I feel are worth it when I can. I did figure out what happened with PayPal so I know how to avoid the problem in future, but they've blown my trust in them with their -attitude- toward the whole issue. I had to go through two people before I was able to reach someone whose attitude from square one was not "You are wrong and here's why". -.- So unfortunately while I want to support YOU guys, I don't feel so good about giving THEM my money anymore. x.x It's quite frustrating! I will probably end up buying gems again in the future but I will have to be much more cautious and do it less often than I'd been intending, since goodness knows what ELSE they could mess up...

I know how it is though... I'm a mod on a similar site myself and currently we only accept PayPal as well. We've had people ask in the past to institute direct payment but we're just too small to afford that right now - we'd end up only making about $.50 of every dollar people spent which we just cannot afford to do at the size we are. Even though FR is much bigger I imagine the problems scale accordingly. XD So while I do hope you guys are able to offer an alternate payment option for real money someday I completely understand the problems inherent in that proposition! Ah, well. Thanks very much for your reply!
@Lune

Oh, thank you for replying! The situation is absolutely NOT FR's fault in any way, shape, or form. :) It's 100% PayPal's. But thanks for inviting me to submit a ticket anyway. I didn't want to bother the staff here with this, since YOUR site did everything it's supposed to properly. I was just hoping I'd still be able to support you guys with real money as I can afford it. I get gems from selling plants sometimes (since the vast majority of my dragons prefer the other foods) so I know I can manage to get them without needing to buy, but I also like to give money to games I feel are worth it when I can. I did figure out what happened with PayPal so I know how to avoid the problem in future, but they've blown my trust in them with their -attitude- toward the whole issue. I had to go through two people before I was able to reach someone whose attitude from square one was not "You are wrong and here's why". -.- So unfortunately while I want to support YOU guys, I don't feel so good about giving THEM my money anymore. x.x It's quite frustrating! I will probably end up buying gems again in the future but I will have to be much more cautious and do it less often than I'd been intending, since goodness knows what ELSE they could mess up...

I know how it is though... I'm a mod on a similar site myself and currently we only accept PayPal as well. We've had people ask in the past to institute direct payment but we're just too small to afford that right now - we'd end up only making about $.50 of every dollar people spent which we just cannot afford to do at the size we are. Even though FR is much bigger I imagine the problems scale accordingly. XD So while I do hope you guys are able to offer an alternate payment option for real money someday I completely understand the problems inherent in that proposition! Ah, well. Thanks very much for your reply!
sv9k5e5.png
The Holiday Hub!