Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Teen stage?
So I was reading a discussion about *cough*dragon puberty*cough* and I was wondering if you guys could add like an awkward years for dragons. Kill me now
So I was reading a discussion about *cough*dragon puberty*cough* and I was wondering if you guys could add like an awkward years for dragons. Kill me now
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
The biggest issue with a new stage or alternative breed artwork is it takes time away from the introduction of new breeds as it's an additional stage or two to draw, create genes for, and possibly apply apparel to and that time could have been applied to a new breed. I do think an adolescent stage would be interesting ((I really wished they had used the two different poses for the sexes which they scrapped early on)) however I'd rather see new breeds/genes over a new stage.

When the artist team is large enough that adding new stages wouldn't dramatically slow the introduction of new breeds and genes, perhaps, however there are still the concerns on if it would delay training or dressing.

If adolescent stages were added I personally think it would be best if it was applied from the current time they attain adult image until they are RTB. I also think that adolescent dragons should be useable in the coliseum however they should probably be treated like hatchlings when it comes to apparel/accents.
The biggest issue with a new stage or alternative breed artwork is it takes time away from the introduction of new breeds as it's an additional stage or two to draw, create genes for, and possibly apply apparel to and that time could have been applied to a new breed. I do think an adolescent stage would be interesting ((I really wished they had used the two different poses for the sexes which they scrapped early on)) however I'd rather see new breeds/genes over a new stage.

When the artist team is large enough that adding new stages wouldn't dramatically slow the introduction of new breeds and genes, perhaps, however there are still the concerns on if it would delay training or dressing.

If adolescent stages were added I personally think it would be best if it was applied from the current time they attain adult image until they are RTB. I also think that adolescent dragons should be useable in the coliseum however they should probably be treated like hatchlings when it comes to apparel/accents.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
If this was something that the game began with I could see it. But depending on what you would think of, are sex attributes shown on teens if so that is 2 new poses per dragon breed. If you wanted apparel for them it would be a redraw etc of so many things.

I just think it is an awful lot of work that I think they could spend on new breeds etc.
If this was something that the game began with I could see it. But depending on what you would think of, are sex attributes shown on teens if so that is 2 new poses per dragon breed. If you wanted apparel for them it would be a redraw etc of so many things.

I just think it is an awful lot of work that I think they could spend on new breeds etc.
Stuff will one day go here.
@Bootyism Like growth spurts, accidental spells, overgrowing and molting fur and feathers...

AND SCHOOL It would teach dragons battle skills and not to miss 24/7
@Bootyism Like growth spurts, accidental spells, overgrowing and molting fur and feathers...

AND SCHOOL It would teach dragons battle skills and not to miss 24/7
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
If this was implemented early on / at launch, I could see it working. But now, with all the apparel, genes and breeds with have, this'd be too much and it'd take time. And, I'd rather the FR artists spent their time adding or improving art / items rather than including something that isn't necessary at all.
If this was implemented early on / at launch, I could see it working. But now, with all the apparel, genes and breeds with have, this'd be too much and it'd take time. And, I'd rather the FR artists spent their time adding or improving art / items rather than including something that isn't necessary at all.
Tn4aWhc.png
No support. I don't want another stage (including having new art to fit in with the rest of the stages onsite) sinse this would mean new breeds, apparel and genes would take longer to be produced. Plus I don't want to wait any longer for dragons to grow up - and I'm sure others don't want the time they are hatchlings reduced.

Plus its really not worth it for a stage that only lasts 5 days or less.
No support. I don't want another stage (including having new art to fit in with the rest of the stages onsite) sinse this would mean new breeds, apparel and genes would take longer to be produced. Plus I don't want to wait any longer for dragons to grow up - and I'm sure others don't want the time they are hatchlings reduced.

Plus its really not worth it for a stage that only lasts 5 days or less.
I think Adolescent dragons could work with a few provisos:

1. They cannot wear apparel or skins/accents. I think this would be too much work for a pose that is ultimately transitory in nature.

2. There is only one pose per breed, and it could have slight characteristics of both sexes. (ie a female RB adolescent would have a slightly elongated nose with the the regular RB female face, something like that)

3. These can be used in the Coliseum. This might be slightly controversial, but as some people are fond of pointing out, these are dragons, and are probably trained early to defend the clan/go to war/whatever.

4. They cannot breed. If number 5 is not done, then the pose would only last until the dragon is ready to breed.

5. This one could negate the need for number 1 but, I think the best way to introduce these, somewhere down the line when they are able to afford more artists to work on various things, would be to introduce them as Gem Scrolls. IE your dragon doesn't actually show the adolescent stage normally, but you can get a scroll that would be like the Eternal Youth scroll that would turn your dragon into an adolescent with the same restrictions as above. A Scroll of MAturity could be used to return your dragon to its regular pose. This could also help it be worth it to actually draw the art for the various breeds if the only way to get these poses were through scrolls.

6. In all other respects they act like a normal dragon. If number 5 is not implemented, this means they can be sold, exalted or traded away. If they are exalted, they grow up just like hatchlings do. There is nothing they get to do that the other dragons cannot.
I think Adolescent dragons could work with a few provisos:

1. They cannot wear apparel or skins/accents. I think this would be too much work for a pose that is ultimately transitory in nature.

2. There is only one pose per breed, and it could have slight characteristics of both sexes. (ie a female RB adolescent would have a slightly elongated nose with the the regular RB female face, something like that)

3. These can be used in the Coliseum. This might be slightly controversial, but as some people are fond of pointing out, these are dragons, and are probably trained early to defend the clan/go to war/whatever.

4. They cannot breed. If number 5 is not done, then the pose would only last until the dragon is ready to breed.

5. This one could negate the need for number 1 but, I think the best way to introduce these, somewhere down the line when they are able to afford more artists to work on various things, would be to introduce them as Gem Scrolls. IE your dragon doesn't actually show the adolescent stage normally, but you can get a scroll that would be like the Eternal Youth scroll that would turn your dragon into an adolescent with the same restrictions as above. A Scroll of MAturity could be used to return your dragon to its regular pose. This could also help it be worth it to actually draw the art for the various breeds if the only way to get these poses were through scrolls.

6. In all other respects they act like a normal dragon. If number 5 is not implemented, this means they can be sold, exalted or traded away. If they are exalted, they grow up just like hatchlings do. There is nothing they get to do that the other dragons cannot.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Ah, I would love this if they had infinite resources, but I have to agree with other posters that I'd rather have a new gene or breed than teen dragons.

Perhaps you could have teen art drawn for your own dragons? Or do it yourself if you are good at art?
Ah, I would love this if they had infinite resources, but I have to agree with other posters that I'd rather have a new gene or breed than teen dragons.

Perhaps you could have teen art drawn for your own dragons? Or do it yourself if you are good at art?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
it would be more normal
it would be more normal
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
No support. While I like the idea, I can't support it.

It would be annoying to have to wait another few days to put apparel on your dragon. And if you could put apparel on them, than that will really slow down new breed releases because an entire new pose (Or two, depending on how you would want to do it) would require a ton of new apparel. That would also slow down apparel releases because you would need to draw more for every single dragon.

No support. While I like the idea, I can't support it.

It would be annoying to have to wait another few days to put apparel on your dragon. And if you could put apparel on them, than that will really slow down new breed releases because an entire new pose (Or two, depending on how you would want to do it) would require a ton of new apparel. That would also slow down apparel releases because you would need to draw more for every single dragon.