Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | flight rising logic
1 2 3 4
[quote name="KawaiiPotato1" date=2016-07-15 13:58:15] @OffensiveTitles You forgot something > Coatls eat seafood > They're a fire flight dragon How to fish from lava? [/quote] >not to mention the feathers/fluff on coatls would make it unpleasant to swim
KawaiiPotato1 wrote on 2016-07-15:
@OffensiveTitles
You forgot something
> Coatls eat seafood
> They're a fire flight dragon
How to fish from lava?
>not to mention the feathers/fluff on coatls would make it unpleasant to swim
2zthk0p.png #240634
Matthew 7:15 || FR Time +2 (CST)

"I never gave anyone hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell." - Harry S Truman
200zs43.png
@Ragnarok42
...Now I'm headcanoning that they use chest wraps to keep their wings attached to their backs. The body temp thing is cool...and now I'm thinking of them looking like stegosaurus plates that change color because of blood flow. Imagine snappers running around with bright red (or whatever color their blood is) wings trying to impress/threaten the other Snappers.
@Ragnarok42
...Now I'm headcanoning that they use chest wraps to keep their wings attached to their backs. The body temp thing is cool...and now I'm thinking of them looking like stegosaurus plates that change color because of blood flow. Imagine snappers running around with bright red (or whatever color their blood is) wings trying to impress/threaten the other Snappers.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen
I am having exactly the same mental image
@IronPen
I am having exactly the same mental image
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
@sunshining
now that i think about it those feathers would be hot and unpleasant in a place like fire
@sunshining
now that i think about it those feathers would be hot and unpleasant in a place like fire
You can shove an infinite amount of items into a (supposedly) confined space.
You can shove an infinite amount of items into a (supposedly) confined space.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
@OffensiveTitles Seriously, I [i]live[/i] in the tundra region (no trees, no restaurants or highways etc), and believe me, in never melting snow and ice, meat or sea food are the only way to survive. Edit: @Tobias yes but when winter is in full swing, those animals aren't here. The muskox is the only one. Caribou migrate, shrew hibernate. 2nd Edit: I mean we have winter from October to May, 7 months. And of those 7, 4 months of winter look like this: [img]http://www.rcinet.ca/eye-on-the-arctic/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2014/03/nord-quebecois-raglan_sn635.jpg[/img] The fact they called it [b]Tundra[/b] bugs me so much, because they could have called it a Boreal, like the Boreal Forest just below the Tundra.
@OffensiveTitles Seriously, I live in the tundra region (no trees, no restaurants or highways etc), and believe me, in never melting snow and ice, meat or sea food are the only way to survive.

Edit:

@Tobias yes but when winter is in full swing, those animals aren't here. The muskox is the only one. Caribou migrate, shrew hibernate.

2nd Edit: I mean we have winter from October to May, 7 months. And of those 7, 4 months of winter look like this: nord-quebecois-raglan_sn635.jpg

The fact they called it Tundra bugs me so much, because they could have called it a Boreal, like the Boreal Forest just below the Tundra.
xe/xyr/xem
[quote name="IronPen" date=2016-07-15 14:55:35] @Ragnarok42 ...Now I'm headcanoning that they use chest wraps to keep their wings attached to their backs. The body temp thing is cool...and now I'm thinking of them looking like stegosaurus plates that change color because of blood flow. Imagine snappers running around with bright red (or whatever color their blood is) wings trying to impress/threaten the other Snappers. [/quote] hehehehe
IronPen wrote on 2016-07-15:
@Ragnarok42

hehehehe
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
Lets face it, evolution doesn't always have the species' best interests in mind. Sloths and Koalas come to mind. Some creature like to live dangerously, I guess. I mean, traveling through big bodies of water is dangerous for humans, too, since there's gators, sharks, sea snakes, and the threat of drowning (plus the fact that we're weak and slow compared to all of those creatures), but that didn't stop us.

My point is that just because it doesn't make sense for creatures to have a certain food as their primary food, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Nature doesn't really care what we think is logical. Keep in mind that there's creatures thriving in the deserts, arctic, and harsh mountains.
Lets face it, evolution doesn't always have the species' best interests in mind. Sloths and Koalas come to mind. Some creature like to live dangerously, I guess. I mean, traveling through big bodies of water is dangerous for humans, too, since there's gators, sharks, sea snakes, and the threat of drowning (plus the fact that we're weak and slow compared to all of those creatures), but that didn't stop us.

My point is that just because it doesn't make sense for creatures to have a certain food as their primary food, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. Nature doesn't really care what we think is logical. Keep in mind that there's creatures thriving in the deserts, arctic, and harsh mountains.
I was thinking that Snapper wings now serve the same purpose as the size of elephant ears.
Quote:
One thing is that they can cool themselves down when they are hot. The blood flowing through the ears is close to the outside of the elephant body, and heat can be released as they flap them about
I was thinking that Snapper wings now serve the same purpose as the size of elephant ears.
Quote:
One thing is that they can cool themselves down when they are hot. The blood flowing through the ears is close to the outside of the elephant body, and heat can be released as they flap them about
25jehpf.jpgtumblr_o3pjj7Aykd1rs1vybo5_r1_400.png
Everything.
Everything.
PQznZys.png
1 2 3 4