Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | does anyone else feel this?
1 2
honestly when the fourth of july comes around and there are a ton of fireworks my anxiety skyrockets
honestly when the fourth of july comes around and there are a ton of fireworks my anxiety skyrockets
I worry more about my cats but I do feel uneasy this weekend because of the fireworks.
I worry more about my cats but I do feel uneasy this weekend because of the fireworks.
84si1j.png
A little more like 'annoyed' seeing as though some people like to make the 4th an extended holidays and popping off early.
A little more like 'annoyed' seeing as though some people like to make the 4th an extended holidays and popping off early.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
@mystica yeah i understand, ive been hearing fireworks (or gunshots? i do live in the ghetto) for the past 4 days and its still not the fourth
@mystica yeah i understand, ive been hearing fireworks (or gunshots? i do live in the ghetto) for the past 4 days and its still not the fourth
@TOPtrash It would be nice if people just found something quiet to do on weekends, ugh. dang i sound like an old fart.
(I hear you on the gun thing though; I don't live in a ghetto area, but that's always in the back of my mind given where I live). Hopefully fireworks are the extend where you are though. /hug.
@TOPtrash It would be nice if people just found something quiet to do on weekends, ugh. dang i sound like an old fart.
(I hear you on the gun thing though; I don't live in a ghetto area, but that's always in the back of my mind given where I live). Hopefully fireworks are the extend where you are though. /hug.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
I'm housesitting this weekend and I'm all alone, I swear I keep thinking its gunshots and panicking. :c
I'm housesitting this weekend and I'm all alone, I swear I keep thinking its gunshots and panicking. :c
ddf5a147-41af-11e6-bb78-d9784904823c.gif
16883 on furvilla
@TOPtrash

I hear what sounds like gunshot somewhat throughout the year, they don't sound terrible close, but not too far either... or someone is firing off Fireworks long before, and after the 4th.
Though, I have this fear of Sparklers, and Fireworks when they are close to home -I don't mind if I'm away from home at a show or something, but up close is terrifying! Just thinking of Sparklers scares me! I'm glad you can only come across those things during the 4th ;u;.

And some people I know don't respect that I FEAR them. Trying to give me one -or more-, or being an evil toddler and "chasing" me when I ask you to stay back... doesn't help at all! Like, can you just respect that I don't like them, and that they horrify me and keep back please! Don't offer to hold one with me, or even to have me hold it so it can be lit... And don't get mad that I reject one and say I need to get over it!
@TOPtrash

I hear what sounds like gunshot somewhat throughout the year, they don't sound terrible close, but not too far either... or someone is firing off Fireworks long before, and after the 4th.
Though, I have this fear of Sparklers, and Fireworks when they are close to home -I don't mind if I'm away from home at a show or something, but up close is terrifying! Just thinking of Sparklers scares me! I'm glad you can only come across those things during the 4th ;u;.

And some people I know don't respect that I FEAR them. Trying to give me one -or more-, or being an evil toddler and "chasing" me when I ask you to stay back... doesn't help at all! Like, can you just respect that I don't like them, and that they horrify me and keep back please! Don't offer to hold one with me, or even to have me hold it so it can be lit... And don't get mad that I reject one and say I need to get over it!
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
[quote name="Torridus" date=2016-07-03 23:18:58] I'm housesitting this weekend and I'm all alone, I swear I keep thinking its gunshots and panicking. :c [/quote] Eh, around here it could just as easily be gunshots. Welcome to the south. :/ Strange what you get used to. I hear some idiot fire a gun and don't even get up anymore. It doesn't happen as often as that would lead you to believe, but I live in a very safe, heavily wooded neighborhood and a gunshot means that someone's stupidly trying to hunt in the woods between streets. While I hate fireworks up close due to my sensitive hearing, from a distance they're more of an annoyance. Though I do wish idiots would realize it's a bad idea to set off fireworks in their yards. Sanctioned shows in large open areas are fine, but next to landscaping and trees and cars and houses? *sigh* And I have absolutely heard about fireworks triggering PTSD and other anxiety/panic-related disorders. People need to freaking think before they get drunk and do stupid crap.
Torridus wrote on 2016-07-03:

Eh, around here it could just as easily be gunshots. Welcome to the south. :/ Strange what you get used to. I hear some idiot fire a gun and don't even get up anymore. It doesn't happen as often as that would lead you to believe, but I live in a very safe, heavily wooded neighborhood and a gunshot means that someone's stupidly trying to hunt in the woods between streets.

While I hate fireworks up close due to my sensitive hearing, from a distance they're more of an annoyance. Though I do wish idiots would realize it's a bad idea to set off fireworks in their yards. Sanctioned shows in large open areas are fine, but next to landscaping and trees and cars and houses? *sigh*

And I have absolutely heard about fireworks triggering PTSD and other anxiety/panic-related disorders. People need to freaking think before they get drunk and do stupid crap.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
@hawktalon
I'm from the south too! In a less-safe neighbborhood. gun shots here usually mean something bad, no hunting in new orleans :x
@hawktalon
I'm from the south too! In a less-safe neighbborhood. gun shots here usually mean something bad, no hunting in new orleans :x
ddf5a147-41af-11e6-bb78-d9784904823c.gif
16883 on furvilla
people have been setting bottle rockets and firecrackers off since last monday here
it's been hell
people have been setting bottle rockets and firecrackers off since last monday here
it's been hell
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2