Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 48
The stance about selling dragons with rules is great and all, but my main worry is that people are still going to harass other people about it using this bit right here: [quote name="Aequorin" date=2016-05-20 09:25:49] [b]What you CAN do if you feel strongly about whether your former dragons are exalted/resold:[/b][br] [LIST] [*][b]Ask[/b], but [b]not demand or require[/b], that the receiving player not exalt or resell their new dragon [*][b]Report someone you feel may be targeting you[/b] because you’ve asked this of someone [/LIST] [/quote] It's going to be used as a loophole. I'm worried that some sellers are still going to try and use this to harass the people that buy their dragons and enforce their demands. They'd just have to phrase their demands as though they were asking instead of demanding, and if the buyer didn't follow them they could report them for harassment.
The stance about selling dragons with rules is great and all, but my main worry is that people are still going to harass other people about it using this bit right here:
Aequorin wrote on 2016-05-20:
What you CAN do if you feel strongly about whether your former dragons are exalted/resold:
  • Ask, but not demand or require, that the receiving player not exalt or resell their new dragon
  • Report someone you feel may be targeting you because you’ve asked this of someone

It's going to be used as a loophole. I'm worried that some sellers are still going to try and use this to harass the people that buy their dragons and enforce their demands. They'd just have to phrase their demands as though they were asking instead of demanding, and if the buyer didn't follow them they could report them for harassment.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
Really grateful to see this stance taken and enforced! Thanks for caring about this part of the community too. ;u;

Hope to see more steps taken in the future to minimise the exaltation taboo. I want it to someday be as honourable as it is in the lore!!
Really grateful to see this stance taken and enforced! Thanks for caring about this part of the community too. ;u;

Hope to see more steps taken in the future to minimise the exaltation taboo. I want it to someday be as honourable as it is in the lore!!
Shazz || she/her || my art ||Stock the Pond! ||
Ah. Good bye Loddie. Thank you for your support! And good luck with life! Enjoy FR as a regular player now. C:

And welcome new mods as well! I saw a couple of you even when you weren't mods, so it's nice to see everyone as one.
Ah. Good bye Loddie. Thank you for your support! And good luck with life! Enjoy FR as a regular player now. C:

And welcome new mods as well! I saw a couple of you even when you weren't mods, so it's nice to see everyone as one.
MVxSTuW.jpg
[quote name="Yun" date=2016-05-20 10:58:56] Edit: if you have a link to that poll I'd love to see it. Because that is absolutely 100% not my experience with the AH. [/quote] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1375350/1]Here's the link to the thread[/url], which contains links to previous versions of the poll. The results can be viewed [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y7flU1dsxdoyoTTTnpgS-nlOAU0iJ8_ZSC6agRLpO1Q/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm]here[/url]. 70% of respondents said a name doesn't affect if they buy a dragon or not. Only 3.5% said they would not buy a named dragon.
Yun wrote on 2016-05-20:
Edit: if you have a link to that poll I'd love to see it. Because that is absolutely 100% not my experience with the AH.

Here's the link to the thread, which contains links to previous versions of the poll. The results can be viewed here. 70% of respondents said a name doesn't affect if they buy a dragon or not. Only 3.5% said they would not buy a named dragon.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Take care @Loddie, and congrats to @ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita (whose names I shamelessly copypasted, LOOK There's a lot of you alright!)

Glad to see a firm stance being taken on exalts. Good update!

How is what if coatl had no leg still going though hahahah
Take care @Loddie, and congrats to @ACWN, @ademus, @ArkhamAnja, @Ezraylia, and @Madarakita (whose names I shamelessly copypasted, LOOK There's a lot of you alright!)

Glad to see a firm stance being taken on exalts. Good update!

How is what if coatl had no leg still going though hahahah
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

@Aequorin

?

Was rather curious why I was pinged and then saw nothing lol

But anyway! How come we cant have a feature where we pay some gold to /lock/ a dragon to an account?

It would cost a good bit of treasure, but only the original breeder could exalt if needed?

Breeding licenses would be neat too. You dont NEED one to to have a hatchery, but it would take a lot of time and effort to EARN and you could do things like attach a "return to breeder" or exalt lock.

Just an idea anyway.
@Aequorin

?

Was rather curious why I was pinged and then saw nothing lol

But anyway! How come we cant have a feature where we pay some gold to /lock/ a dragon to an account?

It would cost a good bit of treasure, but only the original breeder could exalt if needed?

Breeding licenses would be neat too. You dont NEED one to to have a hatchery, but it would take a lot of time and effort to EARN and you could do things like attach a "return to breeder" or exalt lock.

Just an idea anyway.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote]I didn't know there were things like that for the festivals in the forums![/quote] @Natakiro, and so much more! You can find events, community challenges, projects in almost every forum and there's always something running or being worked towards. [br] [quote]I should do more with the forums. XD They're fun. [/quote] I wholeheartedly agree!
Quote:
I didn't know there were things like that for the festivals in the forums!

@Natakiro, and so much more! You can find events, community challenges, projects in almost every forum and there's always something running or being worked towards.

Quote:
I should do more with the forums. XD They're fun.

I wholeheartedly agree!
@Yun I name all my hatchlings and prefer buying named dragons. I've never had trouble with sales, and I've bought nearly 100 dragons in the last 2-3 months, most of which had names, most of which were 40-100kt.

As you can see, I've bought a LOT of expensive dragons. I feel they have more personality and heart to them if they come prenamed. If I don't like the name, I can just buy a renaming scroll. The 6kt the scroll costs is nothing to me compared to the cost of the dragon, the genes and apparel I might put on it, and the time I'll spend doting on it.

I know the poll is a bit older now, but every time it comes up, the far majority of players simply don't care about the name if they want the dragon for keeps. Turns out how I feel about names is more along line with the majority.
@Yun I name all my hatchlings and prefer buying named dragons. I've never had trouble with sales, and I've bought nearly 100 dragons in the last 2-3 months, most of which had names, most of which were 40-100kt.

As you can see, I've bought a LOT of expensive dragons. I feel they have more personality and heart to them if they come prenamed. If I don't like the name, I can just buy a renaming scroll. The 6kt the scroll costs is nothing to me compared to the cost of the dragon, the genes and apparel I might put on it, and the time I'll spend doting on it.

I know the poll is a bit older now, but every time it comes up, the far majority of players simply don't care about the name if they want the dragon for keeps. Turns out how I feel about names is more along line with the majority.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Happy to see the exalt issue getting adressed! I knew it was a thing, but I honestly didn't know it had escalated to such an issue o:

I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects?
Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price.
I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item.
I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this?

Happy to see the exalt issue getting adressed! I knew it was a thing, but I honestly didn't know it had escalated to such an issue o:

I have a follow-up question that hopefully dosen't sound to douchey, but, is the rules regarding dragon ownership directly applicable to other items/subjects?
Here I'm thinking about the UR skins and accents. Sometimes, though rarely, I see a user having rules against people reselling their skins/accents for a higher price than the original price.
I feel this is a bit of a grey zone - since, on one hand, it's art, but on the other, it's also a FR item.
I figured that the buyer, being the owner of the item, has the freedom to do what they want with the skin/accent, but is there any official statement or rule on this?

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
I really appreciate Flight Rising taking the time to address sensitive topics like the exaltation conflict. As a new player, I was a "rules" breeder, as an older (much? x'D) member, I exalt VERY frequently (as in Snipe-Train-Exalt) and as someone who's had many dragons I don't necessarily own, anymore, whom I've wanted shipped off to "good homes," I'm really thrilled that all sides - and I've been on all sides - are being addressed. It's a really sad ordeal to have this splitting up the community and causing what, at times, can seem like an irreparable rift amongst users. FR handled the situation very tactfully, and I thank you for the level of clarity in determining what is and is not okay to do.

I really appreciate Flight Rising taking the time to address sensitive topics like the exaltation conflict. As a new player, I was a "rules" breeder, as an older (much? x'D) member, I exalt VERY frequently (as in Snipe-Train-Exalt) and as someone who's had many dragons I don't necessarily own, anymore, whom I've wanted shipped off to "good homes," I'm really thrilled that all sides - and I've been on all sides - are being addressed. It's a really sad ordeal to have this splitting up the community and causing what, at times, can seem like an irreparable rift amongst users. FR handled the situation very tactfully, and I thank you for the level of clarity in determining what is and is not okay to do.

Starshot_zpsu8frg8ge.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 48