Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Finding lost friends
Hey all, I thought I would ask here to take a break from the internet at large.

Is there any way to track down people in Japan? By track down I mean help my dad get back into contact with his host brother? They saw each other about 20 years ago and then his host brother moved jobs so his business email didn't work anymore.

Mostly wondering because his family were in Fukushima last we heard. Is there any actual way to find him or is he lost to us forever?
Hey all, I thought I would ask here to take a break from the internet at large.

Is there any way to track down people in Japan? By track down I mean help my dad get back into contact with his host brother? They saw each other about 20 years ago and then his host brother moved jobs so his business email didn't work anymore.

Mostly wondering because his family were in Fukushima last we heard. Is there any actual way to find him or is he lost to us forever?
@Lutharian

I think the easiest way might be to contact your Embassy in Japan - or to get in touch with the Japanese Embassy in your country.
I am sure they can help you - or at least tell you who might be able to help you.
the more Information on said, lost brother you have - the better!

I doubt anyone on FR here can really help you well - but I'd try to get in touch with Authorities : D
@Lutharian

I think the easiest way might be to contact your Embassy in Japan - or to get in touch with the Japanese Embassy in your country.
I am sure they can help you - or at least tell you who might be able to help you.
the more Information on said, lost brother you have - the better!

I doubt anyone on FR here can really help you well - but I'd try to get in touch with Authorities : D
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
@WestWindWalker Yeah that's my last option. I'm worried that they won't tell me anything because being a host sibling isn't a "legit" sibling.

I thought I'd ask FR to see if anyone else has had to do this before mostly.
@WestWindWalker Yeah that's my last option. I'm worried that they won't tell me anything because being a host sibling isn't a "legit" sibling.

I thought I'd ask FR to see if anyone else has had to do this before mostly.