Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, March 2016
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 112 113
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-03-24 10:22:48] I'm very excited for the Auction House revamp, and the Genes look alright -- I'll have to Scry them to see how they go on my current dragons. But the idea of a Gene being a Coli Drop is a terrible idea. With how many complaints about how poorly optimized the Coli is, how inaccessible it is to so many users, it would be unfair to make it available only through the Coli and then put those unable to utilize the Coli at whim of the people who will price this gene at exorbitantly high prices. That is definitely a no-no for me. [/quote] Agreeing here as well, especially for smaller clans or people that just can't hold focus long enough to grind for weeks. The only way to fix that would to make the drop rate higher, and in the end it would just be an awful dramatic mess; especially since I think the gene looks pretty neat. EDIT: I could see a Tert as a coli drop better than a primary or secondary, but that may be personal opinion. Or at least make them available as a drop and in the MP.
McAlli wrote on 2016-03-24:
I'm very excited for the Auction House revamp, and the Genes look alright -- I'll have to Scry them to see how they go on my current dragons.

But the idea of a Gene being a Coli Drop is a terrible idea. With how many complaints about how poorly optimized the Coli is, how inaccessible it is to so many users, it would be unfair to make it available only through the Coli and then put those unable to utilize the Coli at whim of the people who will price this gene at exorbitantly high prices.

That is definitely a no-no for me.

Agreeing here as well, especially for smaller clans or people that just can't hold focus long enough to grind for weeks. The only way to fix that would to make the drop rate higher, and in the end it would just be an awful dramatic mess; especially since I think the gene looks pretty neat.

EDIT: I could see a Tert as a coli drop better than a primary or secondary, but that may be personal opinion. Or at least make them available as a drop and in the MP.
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
I absolutely love the new ideas for the auction house. They sound amazing. Collecting currency in batches, a flight specific AH and private auctions. Yes to all.

The new genes also look lovely! Can't wait t see them implemented.
I absolutely love the new ideas for the auction house. They sound amazing. Collecting currency in batches, a flight specific AH and private auctions. Yes to all.

The new genes also look lovely! Can't wait t see them implemented.
Omg make this skins into coliseum please. They're kinda nah, and look like piebald/paint/smoke in one plus stained.
Omg make this skins into coliseum please. They're kinda nah, and look like piebald/paint/smoke in one plus stained.
What are we without the sky?
[quote]Looking forward to the new AH, please don't deliver it too late.[/quote] [br] @Korvas, it's very exciting, isn't it? :D I do need to stress that we are in the [b]early stages[/b] of the revamp. We're excited to work on this for you but we're going to take the time to make sure we do it right, much like Crossroads! It'll be worth it!
Quote:
Looking forward to the new AH, please don't deliver it too late.

@Korvas, it's very exciting, isn't it? :D

I do need to stress that we are in the early stages of the revamp. We're excited to work on this for you but we're going to take the time to make sure we do it right, much like Crossroads! It'll be worth it!
Loooooove the planned auction house changes! I don't really see a need for in-flight auction of non-dragon items, but in-flight auction of dragons is BRILLIANT. So looking forward to this. Thank you, devs!
Loooooove the planned auction house changes! I don't really see a need for in-flight auction of non-dragon items, but in-flight auction of dragons is BRILLIANT. So looking forward to this. Thank you, devs!
Author Website: LadyRowyn.com
So many great things coming! Those Auction Houses sound like they will be amazing!
So many great things coming! Those Auction Houses sound like they will be amazing!
AUCTION HOUSE SEARCH REVAMPS

PRAISE THE DEITIES

Also the separate auction house idea threw me for a loop but plenty of other games and such have had it for years so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
AUCTION HOUSE SEARCH REVAMPS

PRAISE THE DEITIES

Also the separate auction house idea threw me for a loop but plenty of other games and such have had it for years so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I'm a pebble vacationing in Water for a bit. Don't mind me.
e0E8Rzw.png
Yessss, but I wish that in the AH we could see what previous items/dragons sold for so we can price accordingly.
Oh well, this is still really exciting.
Yessss, but I wish that in the AH we could see what previous items/dragons sold for so we can price accordingly.
Oh well, this is still really exciting.
3sC1QUx.giftumblr_inline_nnfbypqwbO1qlye38_500.gif3sC1QUx.gif
The AH updates look great! Obviously they're still a long time coming, but I look forward to having those abilities. I also appreciate how you're incorporating an old crossroads feature into the new AH; I don't participate in Dom, but it shows how much you value and listen to playerbase feedback.

Python and Morph look beautiful! I can't wait to see them on my bird project dragons!
The AH updates look great! Obviously they're still a long time coming, but I look forward to having those abilities. I also appreciate how you're incorporating an old crossroads feature into the new AH; I don't participate in Dom, but it shows how much you value and listen to playerbase feedback.

Python and Morph look beautiful! I can't wait to see them on my bird project dragons!
E6nL5Eq.png Asexual Lesbian Christian Genderqueer
She/They | FRT +3 | 21
Proud Lightning Flight Member
Off hiatus as off June 2019. PM me directly if you want to talk!
Yay update

First off I absolutely love these revamps to the AH. The Private AH sales alone will be a boon during Dom pushes. My grove ended up on the last day with what few dragons we had left using the mail system and the One Way to quickly move the dragons between players when they were online. It's a pain right now to do the CR for dragons when you are not online at the same time as the other person. To trade a dragon may take up to 2 days.

Second off I like that now we will be able to search by age as well! Is there any chance in having the auction house stop listing 4 day old Hatchilings as 5 day olds or will this continue. Because as of right now it is really annoying to search for those hatchlings that are proper five day olds when everyone you click on is four days old.

As for that Gene! I already voted but it would be so awesome to have a gene as a possible rare drop from the coli. I have a feeling most people won't pick that option but I think it would be a really awesome idea. We already have eggs as rare drops. Why not genes!
Yay update

First off I absolutely love these revamps to the AH. The Private AH sales alone will be a boon during Dom pushes. My grove ended up on the last day with what few dragons we had left using the mail system and the One Way to quickly move the dragons between players when they were online. It's a pain right now to do the CR for dragons when you are not online at the same time as the other person. To trade a dragon may take up to 2 days.

Second off I like that now we will be able to search by age as well! Is there any chance in having the auction house stop listing 4 day old Hatchilings as 5 day olds or will this continue. Because as of right now it is really annoying to search for those hatchlings that are proper five day olds when everyone you click on is four days old.

As for that Gene! I already voted but it would be so awesome to have a gene as a possible rare drop from the coli. I have a feeling most people won't pick that option but I think it would be a really awesome idea. We already have eggs as rare drops. Why not genes!
GNU: Terry Pratchett
IaWAzbD.pngALUZZqg.pngtumblr_inline_nwq2seL90g1r3h1o8_540.pngtumblr_inline_nj6eplzKc21r3h1o8.pngtumblr_inline_nuf0jfLw8D1r3h1o8_540.png
9g0BXbt.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 112 113