Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 116 117
Holy crap!
Holy crap!
RoaminRonan.gif
@Hallea i think the gene will be "OKAY" for some dragons that have the right combination but honestly it just making a color more pale or changing the colors a but.
Though i have to appreciate for a nice try

and can any one find the new oponants on the battle feild of water ways -.- i cant even find it much less battle it
@Hallea i think the gene will be "OKAY" for some dragons that have the right combination but honestly it just making a color more pale or changing the colors a but.
Though i have to appreciate for a nice try

and can any one find the new oponants on the battle feild of water ways -.- i cant even find it much less battle it
I love the new Maren familiars! They'll make grinding in the Waterway much more interesting.
I love the new Maren familiars! They'll make grinding in the Waterway much more interesting.
Na5WGHa.png
Glad they took the consideration of the players on this one. Gene hype!

Edit: Gem gene? Okay, as much as I enjoy supporting the site's artist, I'm not about to pay someone 12 dollars to put a single low-opacity layer of color over my dragon. Sorry for the salt, but I put too much on my popcorn.

Edit again: I'm seeing a lot of people relate to the gene as "a way to cater to the desires of gen 1 fans" which I can totally understand. That would be an effective marketing ploy.. I suppose this just leaves me out of that demographic a bit, which is fine. Glad to see an upside to it though!

And I apologize on behalf of all of these super salty snackers sending you FR artists rude hate.. My salt has tremendously lessened after reading several viewpoints. Keep on keeping on, guys and gals.
Glad they took the consideration of the players on this one. Gene hype!

Edit: Gem gene? Okay, as much as I enjoy supporting the site's artist, I'm not about to pay someone 12 dollars to put a single low-opacity layer of color over my dragon. Sorry for the salt, but I put too much on my popcorn.

Edit again: I'm seeing a lot of people relate to the gene as "a way to cater to the desires of gen 1 fans" which I can totally understand. That would be an effective marketing ploy.. I suppose this just leaves me out of that demographic a bit, which is fine. Glad to see an upside to it though!

And I apologize on behalf of all of these super salty snackers sending you FR artists rude hate.. My salt has tremendously lessened after reading several viewpoints. Keep on keeping on, guys and gals.
[quote name="spacecat" date=2016-01-30 20:42:52] female imperials have a discoloration spot near the tail and wings with stained? doesn't look right. sorry if this isn't the right thread for this but, [img]https://i.gyazo.com/42fb16a861eeea01409048352ef651c6.png[/img] [/quote] Thanks for the heads-up. That is a mistake that we'll be sure to correct. The mane and bellies of the dragons have a higher opacity and shadow level than the mane areas, and it looks like the selection fo those areas bled over on imperial females. That's not the intended look!
spacecat wrote on 2016-01-30:
female imperials have a discoloration spot near the tail and wings with stained? doesn't look right. sorry if this isn't the right thread for this but,

42fb16a861eeea01409048352ef651c6.png

Thanks for the heads-up. That is a mistake that we'll be sure to correct. The mane and bellies of the dragons have a higher opacity and shadow level than the mane areas, and it looks like the selection fo those areas bled over on imperial females. That's not the intended look!
i've been grinding for a few mins in the water ways still cant find them i hope they show up soon!
i've been grinding for a few mins in the water ways still cant find them i hope they show up soon!
I have a lair full of First Gens...

I tried this on nearly all of them, and can honestly say I would not pay Gem Market prices for this gene.
Not a single one of my dragons looked GREAT in it. Some of them were passable IF it where a treasure Gene.
I have a lair full of First Gens...

I tried this on nearly all of them, and can honestly say I would not pay Gem Market prices for this gene.
Not a single one of my dragons looked GREAT in it. Some of them were passable IF it where a treasure Gene.
lumos_noxsig.png
This is ugly and just plain lazy. I'd have been fine with this being a Baldwin or even cheap treasure gene, but wow, a gem gene like this is not worth it.

If I wanted to put a colour overlay to further muddy my dragon's colours, I would have done it myself.
This is ugly and just plain lazy. I'd have been fine with this being a Baldwin or even cheap treasure gene, but wow, a gem gene like this is not worth it.

If I wanted to put a colour overlay to further muddy my dragon's colours, I would have done it myself.
@Accelerator - Hey, I'm a professional illustrator too, and even if this gene was pretty easy to make, I really happen to like it :)

Being a professional doesn't justify being rude. There are plenty of less insulting ways to voice your opinion.
@Accelerator - Hey, I'm a professional illustrator too, and even if this gene was pretty easy to make, I really happen to like it :)

Being a professional doesn't justify being rude. There are plenty of less insulting ways to voice your opinion.
Accent Shop
To anybody complaining about the new tert--

It honestly feels exactly like Okapi and Thylacine.

It "just works" with some colors, and "just doesn't" with others.

\\\ouo/ nobody complains about Okapi or Thylacine~

Sure, it's a color overlay, but with the right color combinations, it can potentially make some beautiful dragons.
To anybody complaining about the new tert--

It honestly feels exactly like Okapi and Thylacine.

It "just works" with some colors, and "just doesn't" with others.

\\\ouo/ nobody complains about Okapi or Thylacine~

Sure, it's a color overlay, but with the right color combinations, it can potentially make some beautiful dragons.
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 116 117