Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | That slight pang of sadness...
1 2
You feel when someone excitedly buys your dragons on the forums, names them, and then exalts them like a week later. *Le sigh* so much for perma-homes... :/
You feel when someone excitedly buys your dragons on the forums, names them, and then exalts them like a week later. *Le sigh* so much for perma-homes... :/
wMQh5dd.png
Ugh yeah. It's so frustrating. I'm assuming its for the dominance and all, and its ridiculous. I dont know if I should price my dragons higher to avoid it, and risk being to pricey for someone... bleh.
Ugh yeah. It's so frustrating. I'm assuming its for the dominance and all, and its ridiculous. I dont know if I should price my dragons higher to avoid it, and risk being to pricey for someone... bleh.
You may not know this, but people name their dragons because you cannot go in the coli without naming them.

I personally prefer exalting my dragons. I mean, it's the highest honor a dragon can have : serve its deity.

I don't really think there is a thing such as a "perma-home", to be honest. Outside of progens.

Tastes change, and you can ger bored after a while of seeing the same faces.

You may not know this, but people name their dragons because you cannot go in the coli without naming them.

I personally prefer exalting my dragons. I mean, it's the highest honor a dragon can have : serve its deity.

I don't really think there is a thing such as a "perma-home", to be honest. Outside of progens.

Tastes change, and you can ger bored after a while of seeing the same faces.

I've done this before. When you find a dragon that is just -perfect- ... and then shortly after find one that is actually perfecter. Or when you thought you wanted to breeding project, but then said nah (or found the end result ready made). It's sad, but a part of the game.

And fyi, pricing higher don't work either. I've exalted dragons I've paid 300k+ for (genes and all together), and had the same occur with ones I've sold for that. Ya just gotta go with it. People aren't going to keep dragons forever.
I've done this before. When you find a dragon that is just -perfect- ... and then shortly after find one that is actually perfecter. Or when you thought you wanted to breeding project, but then said nah (or found the end result ready made). It's sad, but a part of the game.

And fyi, pricing higher don't work either. I've exalted dragons I've paid 300k+ for (genes and all together), and had the same occur with ones I've sold for that. Ya just gotta go with it. People aren't going to keep dragons forever.
hYK4ogH.gif
Don't like it, exalt yourself.
Don't like it, exalt yourself.
I was giving my pretty dragons away free
I was doing it on a specific forum that said you cannot take dragons just to exalt them
So I gave my unnamed dragon away and the user (who was a long time user) exalted him unnamed
I'm kinda upset because I made sure to do it on a forum that was Non exalt only but I guess it was my fault for trusting people follow the rules of the inflight forum anyway
I was giving my pretty dragons away free
I was doing it on a specific forum that said you cannot take dragons just to exalt them
So I gave my unnamed dragon away and the user (who was a long time user) exalted him unnamed
I'm kinda upset because I made sure to do it on a forum that was Non exalt only but I guess it was my fault for trusting people follow the rules of the inflight forum anyway
5p1NDy8.png
Oh man, I'm not looking for perma-homes. Just trying to see if someone would be interested in a dragon to maybe breed or have for a while, before I or they exalt them- the problem is when people buy and exalt within an hour. What's the point? (essentially I agree with Sopheroo, and completely understand Kitari's pov :) )
Oh man, I'm not looking for perma-homes. Just trying to see if someone would be interested in a dragon to maybe breed or have for a while, before I or they exalt them- the problem is when people buy and exalt within an hour. What's the point? (essentially I agree with Sopheroo, and completely understand Kitari's pov :) )
The offspring of your dragons is directly serving a deity now

I see nothing sad about that tbh

I too would sacrifice my children to Mehrunes Dagon
The offspring of your dragons is directly serving a deity now

I see nothing sad about that tbh

I too would sacrifice my children to Mehrunes Dagon
@ameliebird [quote]the problem is when people buy and exalt within an hour. What's the point?[/quote] Money. Money is the point. With 2.5K profit minimum with each level 7 dragon I exalt, plus coli drops, I can fund my lair expansions for actual dragons I might want to keep, once the color wheel expansion happens. Right now, I grab cheap dragons and exalt them quickly. They're happy with Earthshaker, they're listening to his long stories of Days of Old Times.
@ameliebird
Quote:
the problem is when people buy and exalt within an hour. What's the point?

Money.

Money is the point.

With 2.5K profit minimum with each level 7 dragon I exalt, plus coli drops, I can fund my lair expansions for actual dragons I might want to keep, once the color wheel expansion happens.

Right now, I grab cheap dragons and exalt them quickly. They're happy with Earthshaker, they're listening to his long stories of Days of Old Times.
i feel that if you are so attached to your dragon that you can't bear to see it exalted, you probably shouldn't let it leave your lair. For what it's worth, I do have dergs that I promised not to exalt, and I will continue to honor that promise, but, I think it's unfair to expect that just because you sold it higher than exalt price that it won't be exalted, or that a it was a giveaway won't be one day exalted as well. Everything that leaves your lair, you should be prepared to accept that it will be exalted. Maybe not today, maybe not in a week, but someday it will probably be exalted.

I don't particularly care the practice of exalting a giveaway right after it was given, however, that I feel is a little like preying on the goodwill of others. But, again, you can't control other people, and you can't expect them to follow your rules. The best you can do is just make a note of the individual and not do further business with them.

I exalt my own hatchlings that don't sell, and I exalt AH dergs for the same reason, if nobody wants them and I don't have room for them after making an effort to sell them on, I exalt. Exalting isn't a bad thing, and you can take steps to reduce the chances of them being exalted, but you can't ever erase that risk entirely.

Like that time I accidentally sold hatchlings that were a perfect match for all of the exalt bonuses that day without realizing it
i feel that if you are so attached to your dragon that you can't bear to see it exalted, you probably shouldn't let it leave your lair. For what it's worth, I do have dergs that I promised not to exalt, and I will continue to honor that promise, but, I think it's unfair to expect that just because you sold it higher than exalt price that it won't be exalted, or that a it was a giveaway won't be one day exalted as well. Everything that leaves your lair, you should be prepared to accept that it will be exalted. Maybe not today, maybe not in a week, but someday it will probably be exalted.

I don't particularly care the practice of exalting a giveaway right after it was given, however, that I feel is a little like preying on the goodwill of others. But, again, you can't control other people, and you can't expect them to follow your rules. The best you can do is just make a note of the individual and not do further business with them.

I exalt my own hatchlings that don't sell, and I exalt AH dergs for the same reason, if nobody wants them and I don't have room for them after making an effort to sell them on, I exalt. Exalting isn't a bad thing, and you can take steps to reduce the chances of them being exalted, but you can't ever erase that risk entirely.

Like that time I accidentally sold hatchlings that were a perfect match for all of the exalt bonuses that day without realizing it
1 2