Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 189 190
@Rizzox
You're lucky - I've been grinding in Arena for 15 minutes and found nothing :c
@Rizzox
You're lucky - I've been grinding in Arena for 15 minutes and found nothing :c
[quote name="ObiWanKenobi" date=2015-12-20 02:08:48] I thought the drop rate was supposed to be better this time around not 10 times worse like, my dudes how am i gonna get a chest when i cant even get an encounter optimization doesnt mean "let's do something different just as badly as the other thing from before" [/quote] Kind of how I'm feeling. So much grinding, and the only mimic mob I've found so far I couldn't even get loot from because it required more scratching before an elim than the usual monsters of the venue. :/ Didn't get anything from gathering, either.
ObiWanKenobi wrote on 2015-12-20:
I thought the drop rate was supposed to be better this time around not 10 times worse
like, my dudes
how am i gonna get a chest when i cant even get an encounter
optimization doesnt mean "let's do something different just as badly as the other thing from before"

Kind of how I'm feeling. So much grinding, and the only mimic mob I've found so far I couldn't even get loot from because it required more scratching before an elim than the usual monsters of the venue. :/ Didn't get anything from gathering, either.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
The event sure looks lovely, but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to up the encounter percentages for those NotN enemies a little bit. I've been grinding for about an hour now and so far I've seen them three times, and not a single strange chest yet out of the deal.

I still am excited about NotN, but frustration is also slowly starting to settle in. orz
The event sure looks lovely, but I feel like it wouldn't hurt to up the encounter percentages for those NotN enemies a little bit. I've been grinding for about an hour now and so far I've seen them three times, and not a single strange chest yet out of the deal.

I still am excited about NotN, but frustration is also slowly starting to settle in. orz
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
I think the mire is getting better with encounters
except that ALL THEY DROP ARE BUTTROCKS
I think the mire is getting better with encounters
except that ALL THEY DROP ARE BUTTROCKS
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Awesome! A really nice post, giving a good insight and overview. I can't wait to get gathering and exploring of which of these nice items and beings I will run into.

Though as a November-newcomer, how does the unhatched egg work? Do you put it in a nest and wait the days just like when breeding or what? :)

Good day to everyone!
Awesome! A really nice post, giving a good insight and overview. I can't wait to get gathering and exploring of which of these nice items and beings I will run into.

Though as a November-newcomer, how does the unhatched egg work? Do you put it in a nest and wait the days just like when breeding or what? :)

Good day to everyone!
Joined Feb. or March 2016?
Free dragons for newcomers is a tradition on Flight Rising!

Check out the forum sale threads, and hit the icon_meat.png to find out more!
Why are people getting so impatient and angry right away? I mean not everyone, but so many, there's even threads in forum complaining this and that. The site has been open less than an hour now.
I'm pretty sure any problems are fixed today. There's two long weeks of NotN ahead.
Why are people getting so impatient and angry right away? I mean not everyone, but so many, there's even threads in forum complaining this and that. The site has been open less than an hour now.
I'm pretty sure any problems are fixed today. There's two long weeks of NotN ahead.
@MyWife @Moorising @Freshpechez

NOCTURNES!!!!!!!
@MyWife @Moorising @Freshpechez

NOCTURNES!!!!!!!
BVUXJUX.png
I’d honestly prefer hundreds of chests with at least food points, as opposed to 45 minutes of grinding with nothing, and one chest from Gathering.

Looks like I'll be mostly skipping NotN this year. I was hoping for changes based on feedback, but not like this. I have better things to do than deal with this frustration.
I’d honestly prefer hundreds of chests with at least food points, as opposed to 45 minutes of grinding with nothing, and one chest from Gathering.

Looks like I'll be mostly skipping NotN this year. I was hoping for changes based on feedback, but not like this. I have better things to do than deal with this frustration.
@Doodledash - You go to your hoard, click the 'other' tab, and then click on the unhatched egg. It'll ask if you're certain you want to hatch it, then you confirm and it gives you a randomly generated dragon of the type appropriate to the unhatched egg (nocturne, in this case; a starter breed with plague eyes for unhatched plague egg, etc.)
@Doodledash - You go to your hoard, click the 'other' tab, and then click on the unhatched egg. It'll ask if you're certain you want to hatch it, then you confirm and it gives you a randomly generated dragon of the type appropriate to the unhatched egg (nocturne, in this case; a starter breed with plague eyes for unhatched plague egg, etc.)

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
[quote name="Rizzox" date=2015-12-20 02:09:11] I think the appearance of mimics might be due to the available mob pool for each venue. I was getting a ton of mimics in the Arena while the Mire gave me almost nothing in comparison. It seems like theres a much larger pool of possible mobs to pick from in the Mire versus the Arena, so I feel like that might be affecting the overall chance of getting a group of mimics to appear (though I could be completely wrong seeing as it's all speculation at this point). I was able to get a strange chest by speed grinding in the Arena after only half an hour though, which is a miracle for me, so I'm going to be focusing my efforts there for a little bit and see what happens. [/quote] It is a bit of RNG, but I'm actually still stuffing the enemy sets into the coliseum. We opened as soon as each venue had one viable encounter and the rest of the event was in place. In the end, each venue should have multiple enemy configurations that include the mimicry familiars! :) *goes back to putting more enemies in*
Rizzox wrote on 2015-12-20:
I think the appearance of mimics might be due to the available mob pool for each venue. I was getting a ton of mimics in the Arena while the Mire gave me almost nothing in comparison. It seems like theres a much larger pool of possible mobs to pick from in the Mire versus the Arena, so I feel like that might be affecting the overall chance of getting a group of mimics to appear (though I could be completely wrong seeing as it's all speculation at this point). I was able to get a strange chest by speed grinding in the Arena after only half an hour though, which is a miracle for me, so I'm going to be focusing my efforts there for a little bit and see what happens.

It is a bit of RNG, but I'm actually still stuffing the enemy sets into the coliseum. We opened as soon as each venue had one viable encounter and the rest of the event was in place. In the end, each venue should have multiple enemy configurations that include the mimicry familiars! :)

*goes back to putting more enemies in*
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 189 190