Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | List of previous owners?
1 2 3
Support. I think it's interesting to have a dragon's full history beyond you, including previous owners and all of its mates, and any gene changes.

But I'd also support a user-customized dragon display page that is filtered from the dragon's "full" profile. As in, users could design and choose what information to display as their default dragon page in their lair - for example, not listing all hatchlings (which could benefit people who don't like Unnamed dragons or dragons with stupid names), not listing any or all owners, not listing any or all mates. But the viewer could choose to select the full "history" of the dragon, where you'd see all that information.
Support. I think it's interesting to have a dragon's full history beyond you, including previous owners and all of its mates, and any gene changes.

But I'd also support a user-customized dragon display page that is filtered from the dragon's "full" profile. As in, users could design and choose what information to display as their default dragon page in their lair - for example, not listing all hatchlings (which could benefit people who don't like Unnamed dragons or dragons with stupid names), not listing any or all owners, not listing any or all mates. But the viewer could choose to select the full "history" of the dragon, where you'd see all that information.
@Serria

but what about people who don't want their names on dragons they don't own? Could they then 'opt' out of being seen?

I simply don't want my name on those dragons. Since I dont' resell dragons, anyone who buys one of my dragons can come back to my lair through the parent listing as it means I bred that dragon. Once I sell a dragon, the person who bought it is the owner.
@Serria

but what about people who don't want their names on dragons they don't own? Could they then 'opt' out of being seen?

I simply don't want my name on those dragons. Since I dont' resell dragons, anyone who buys one of my dragons can come back to my lair through the parent listing as it means I bred that dragon. Once I sell a dragon, the person who bought it is the owner.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support .. once it's sold the old owners don't have any say in the dragon and leaving their names on it seems weird.
No support .. once it's sold the old owners don't have any say in the dragon and leaving their names on it seems weird.
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

No support.

I think it would give new people the wrong idea - namely that while they own the dragon the old owners still have some right to what is their dragon now. It could very likely lead to a lot of distress on both sides:

New users might get confused what the were 'allowed to do with other peoples dragons' while these are in fact dragons THEY own - no rules attached.

Old users that sold loads of dragons in their FR life might get swarmed with messags - ranging from 'Hey I have your dragon!' to 'What do I do with this one? I don't want it anymore.. Do you want it back or can I exalt it?' to 'hey this Unnamed dragon that you bought from User x is mine! Name it! Cause the other user wouldn't'

No support.

I think it would give new people the wrong idea - namely that while they own the dragon the old owners still have some right to what is their dragon now. It could very likely lead to a lot of distress on both sides:

New users might get confused what the were 'allowed to do with other peoples dragons' while these are in fact dragons THEY own - no rules attached.

Old users that sold loads of dragons in their FR life might get swarmed with messags - ranging from 'Hey I have your dragon!' to 'What do I do with this one? I don't want it anymore.. Do you want it back or can I exalt it?' to 'hey this Unnamed dragon that you bought from User x is mine! Name it! Cause the other user wouldn't'

No support. I do not want my name on any dragons list anywhere any time. I flip and exalt. People already get angry enough I do not need them tracking me down and ruining my FR experience by the attempting to impose their "values" on my play.
No support. I do not want my name on any dragons list anywhere any time. I flip and exalt. People already get angry enough I do not need them tracking me down and ruining my FR experience by the attempting to impose their "values" on my play.
Stuff will one day go here.
On one hand, I have purchased dragons that I KNOW have been mispriced and I want to return them to their previous owner, so that would be helpful. With hatchlings, it's generally pretty easy, because you can track down the owner of the parents most of the time. However, older dragons or G1s are harder to trace. They either don't have parents, parents are exalted, or have been traded and now reside in different lairs.

On the other hand, displaying previous owners might lead to harassment. I generally try to avoid things that might cause an increase in harassment (because, even though it's against the rules and can lead to account actions for the harasser, that doesn't make it "un-happen")

My suggestion to people who want more lineage information or want to give lineage information is to make a note in the dragon's bio. That way people can opt in and any buyers can just delete it if they don't want it.
On one hand, I have purchased dragons that I KNOW have been mispriced and I want to return them to their previous owner, so that would be helpful. With hatchlings, it's generally pretty easy, because you can track down the owner of the parents most of the time. However, older dragons or G1s are harder to trace. They either don't have parents, parents are exalted, or have been traded and now reside in different lairs.

On the other hand, displaying previous owners might lead to harassment. I generally try to avoid things that might cause an increase in harassment (because, even though it's against the rules and can lead to account actions for the harasser, that doesn't make it "un-happen")

My suggestion to people who want more lineage information or want to give lineage information is to make a note in the dragon's bio. That way people can opt in and any buyers can just delete it if they don't want it.
[quote name="McTwitch" date=2015-12-15 09:15:18] On one hand, I have purchased dragons that I KNOW have been mispriced and I want to return them to their previous owner, so that would be helpful. With hatchlings, it's generally pretty easy, because you can track down the owner of the parents most of the time. However, older dragons or G1s are harder to trace. They either don't have parents, parents are exalted, or have been traded and now reside in different lairs. On the other hand, displaying previous owners might lead to harassment. I generally try to avoid things that might cause an increase in harassment (because, even though it's against the rules and can lead to account actions for the harasser, that doesn't make it "un-happen") My suggestion to people who want more lineage information or want to give lineage information is to make a note in the dragon's bio. That way people can opt in and any buyers can just delete it if they don't want it. [/quote] @McTwitch that is a better idea than having who owned the dragon previously. If you are selling a dragon and think other users might be interested, then put it in the bio. One of the things about harassment is that when it happens on this site, the admins can take care of it, but if it should happen off site (such as a tumblr account...) then the admins can't really do anything as far as I know. I don't think they can punish people for what they post offsite (except in cases where it affects the site as a whole such as with people buying accounts)
McTwitch wrote on 2015-12-15:

@McTwitch

that is a better idea than having who owned the dragon previously. If you are selling a dragon and think other users might be interested, then put it in the bio.

One of the things about harassment is that when it happens on this site, the admins can take care of it, but if it should happen off site (such as a tumblr account...) then the admins can't really do anything as far as I know. I don't think they can punish people for what they post offsite (except in cases where it affects the site as a whole such as with people buying accounts)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Caveat: ONLY The last owner is shown & Users can Opt out.
Reason: I can understand when good samaritans want to contact the last person who owned the dragon because they could have accidentally mis-priced it. So having the LAST person who owned it being displayed might be useful. However it can still be a bit of a open forum for unnecessary Drama. So people who would want to say "No, I don't want to have people know about this" can opt out and instead it could say "Last Owner: (REDACTED)".

This still requires some coding to track it but it's not as bad as a list of 100 users who owned a dragon and 20 of those names are repeats because of nest Rentals.

So ONLY if that was implemented with the above caveat, would I support this.
Caveat: ONLY The last owner is shown & Users can Opt out.
Reason: I can understand when good samaritans want to contact the last person who owned the dragon because they could have accidentally mis-priced it. So having the LAST person who owned it being displayed might be useful. However it can still be a bit of a open forum for unnecessary Drama. So people who would want to say "No, I don't want to have people know about this" can opt out and instead it could say "Last Owner: (REDACTED)".

This still requires some coding to track it but it's not as bad as a list of 100 users who owned a dragon and 20 of those names are repeats because of nest Rentals.

So ONLY if that was implemented with the above caveat, would I support this.
No support. It's really not the business of the current owner to know if the dragon was bought and flipped for a profit and there is so much potential for drama and salt that it's just a bad idea.
No support. It's really not the business of the current owner to know if the dragon was bought and flipped for a profit and there is so much potential for drama and salt that it's just a bad idea.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I don't see the point on having other people's names on my dragon's profiles, or my name on other people's dragons.

If you would like to help mispriced dragons I think that adding the info of the seller (and ONLY the seller) to the AH history only the buyer is able to see will be enough.

Sorry, but no support.
I don't see the point on having other people's names on my dragon's profiles, or my name on other people's dragons.

If you would like to help mispriced dragons I think that adding the info of the seller (and ONLY the seller) to the AH history only the buyer is able to see will be enough.

Sorry, but no support.
1 2 3