Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pray for San Bernardino
For those of you who don't know, in southern California, a building that helps people with mental illness was attacked today by three people wielding assault weapons.

14 are dead, 14 are injured. The shooters are still at large.

I don't care what your ideological stance on guns are. I just want you to think about how horrible this is, how common incidents like this in our country are, and pray for those in San Bernardino.

A prayer is the least they deserve after what they've been through today.

Stay safe.
For those of you who don't know, in southern California, a building that helps people with mental illness was attacked today by three people wielding assault weapons.

14 are dead, 14 are injured. The shooters are still at large.

I don't care what your ideological stance on guns are. I just want you to think about how horrible this is, how common incidents like this in our country are, and pray for those in San Bernardino.

A prayer is the least they deserve after what they've been through today.

Stay safe.
1Wa1sIi.gif
@DuskyDawn7 Last I heard (about an hour ago) they caught one of the guys but two got away.

See, this is why I don't like meeting people after dark. Effing crazy people. I'm a few cities up (today only got one text from a friend on the other side of the country asking if I'm okay) but there was already a shooting at my secondary school what... a few months ago? Still haven't caught the guy? And 4 women were sexually assaulted at my primary school within two weeks shortly after the incident.

Oh and slightly off - the guy that shot up the PP in Colorado? THEY'RE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF HE'S A TERRORIST OR JUST 'MENTALLY ILL'. If he were not white they would call it terrorism hands down even if he was mentally ill. Now its a white guy and they have to figure that stuff out? If it were a white woman they would call her mentally ill, throw her in a state institution, and put her face up once and call it done. White man? Is he a terrorist? Is he just mentally ill? Seriously.

I still don't know the possible reasons behind SB today, but still.

IT'S 2015 PEOPLE.

then again, that's what they said before concentration camps, and with how things are going, we might be seeing those again real soon. I don't care how many laws there are against it, if powerful enough people want to make it so, it'll be so.
@DuskyDawn7 Last I heard (about an hour ago) they caught one of the guys but two got away.

See, this is why I don't like meeting people after dark. Effing crazy people. I'm a few cities up (today only got one text from a friend on the other side of the country asking if I'm okay) but there was already a shooting at my secondary school what... a few months ago? Still haven't caught the guy? And 4 women were sexually assaulted at my primary school within two weeks shortly after the incident.

Oh and slightly off - the guy that shot up the PP in Colorado? THEY'RE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF HE'S A TERRORIST OR JUST 'MENTALLY ILL'. If he were not white they would call it terrorism hands down even if he was mentally ill. Now its a white guy and they have to figure that stuff out? If it were a white woman they would call her mentally ill, throw her in a state institution, and put her face up once and call it done. White man? Is he a terrorist? Is he just mentally ill? Seriously.

I still don't know the possible reasons behind SB today, but still.

IT'S 2015 PEOPLE.

then again, that's what they said before concentration camps, and with how things are going, we might be seeing those again real soon. I don't care how many laws there are against it, if powerful enough people want to make it so, it'll be so.
tumblr_o2vpc7gNFH1tyuk3oo1_500.png
@DuskyDawn7 and @Saeledheldes thank you for your concern about this situation, not many around here knew what happened in my city-

yes so far, 2 of the gunmen are dead (shot by the swat team and local police) and 1 is still out there- very near my house unfortunately i can hear the sirens and helicopters. i really hope i don't have school tomorrow, this is the first time that something like this happened around these parts and to be honest we're all shaken up here.
@DuskyDawn7 and @Saeledheldes thank you for your concern about this situation, not many around here knew what happened in my city-

yes so far, 2 of the gunmen are dead (shot by the swat team and local police) and 1 is still out there- very near my house unfortunately i can hear the sirens and helicopters. i really hope i don't have school tomorrow, this is the first time that something like this happened around these parts and to be honest we're all shaken up here.
@thefrostmonster

I live in northern California, so we heard about it pretty quickly. In government class, we all sat in the classroom with the lights off watching the news. It was heartbreaking to watch.

I wish there was more I could offer you than just words, but I hope you stay safe through all of this. Keep your doors locked, stay away from windows. I'm sincerely sorry this has happened and I hope you didn't lose anyone you personally knew. I send you best wishes.
@thefrostmonster

I live in northern California, so we heard about it pretty quickly. In government class, we all sat in the classroom with the lights off watching the news. It was heartbreaking to watch.

I wish there was more I could offer you than just words, but I hope you stay safe through all of this. Keep your doors locked, stay away from windows. I'm sincerely sorry this has happened and I hope you didn't lose anyone you personally knew. I send you best wishes.
1Wa1sIi.gif
@DuskyDawn7 thank you so very much, friend~ will do.

although i didn't lose anyone personally, my heart and prayer extends to the family and friends of the 14 people whose lives were taken too soon..
@DuskyDawn7 thank you so very much, friend~ will do.

although i didn't lose anyone personally, my heart and prayer extends to the family and friends of the 14 people whose lives were taken too soon..

Fortunately, it appears that the situation is under control now. It was awful to see all of this unfolding less than two hours from where I live.

I hope that everyone in San Bernardino stays safe and rests well tonight.

Fortunately, it appears that the situation is under control now. It was awful to see all of this unfolding less than two hours from where I live.

I hope that everyone in San Bernardino stays safe and rests well tonight.
badgemaster.png team_biscotti_trainer.png