Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [MH] Monster Hunter Hub // Generations!
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43
@Science
As a fellow IG user, I can confirm you can cut off tails. I do have a few questions for you. What rank are you and which Tigrex is this? Online or offline?

As for armor, I think you'd be better off fighting Tetsucabra. The armor has an incredibly high defense and I can quickly whip up some mixed sets that will help. For the cats, I usually have a healer but then again, I am hyper-aggressive with my glaive. I don't go for the mounts until absolutely necessary. If you don't know, you can actually trip monsters by beating them at their knees. So go out there and bust a kneecap. :D
@Science
As a fellow IG user, I can confirm you can cut off tails. I do have a few questions for you. What rank are you and which Tigrex is this? Online or offline?

As for armor, I think you'd be better off fighting Tetsucabra. The armor has an incredibly high defense and I can quickly whip up some mixed sets that will help. For the cats, I usually have a healer but then again, I am hyper-aggressive with my glaive. I don't go for the mounts until absolutely necessary. If you don't know, you can actually trip monsters by beating them at their knees. So go out there and bust a kneecap. :D
^ You can indeed trip monsters by hitting them in the legs! Each individual leg has its own counter and once damage done to it has surpassed a threshold they will fall over.
^ You can indeed trip monsters by hitting them in the legs! Each individual leg has its own counter and once damage done to it has surpassed a threshold they will fall over.
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
@Spuddykins @Kintsy

I found the issue with IGs! I was looking at the entire craftable list, and the first two are actually designated as blunt weapons? So I think what happened was, I was entirely unable to cut tails with the second one, and assumed I couldn't with my next upgrade--but since THAT new glaive was a cutting weapon, I couldn't deal KO damage lmao. Oops. At any rate, I'm cutting off tails easily now!

I am at... HR1 I think? Is that what you mean? I haven't done any of the guild hall quests, I've been working on the caravan ones! As for the caravan quests--I ended up killing the Shagaru Magala and am now in the high level quests! At 7* ones and about to do the 8* urgent once I play again. I killed Tigrex...really easily? I had a much harder time on Gore. Easily, AFTER I learned not to stand in front of the thing lmao. Everything I'm fighting is offline.

I'm currently trying out a Sapper Palico but I'm going to try healing next! The one Sapper I found has an ability that prevents it from reviving, so he's kind of never there.

And ahhh thanks for the tip! I'm tripping monsters a lot more frequently now. >->
@Spuddykins @Kintsy

I found the issue with IGs! I was looking at the entire craftable list, and the first two are actually designated as blunt weapons? So I think what happened was, I was entirely unable to cut tails with the second one, and assumed I couldn't with my next upgrade--but since THAT new glaive was a cutting weapon, I couldn't deal KO damage lmao. Oops. At any rate, I'm cutting off tails easily now!

I am at... HR1 I think? Is that what you mean? I haven't done any of the guild hall quests, I've been working on the caravan ones! As for the caravan quests--I ended up killing the Shagaru Magala and am now in the high level quests! At 7* ones and about to do the 8* urgent once I play again. I killed Tigrex...really easily? I had a much harder time on Gore. Easily, AFTER I learned not to stand in front of the thing lmao. Everything I'm fighting is offline.

I'm currently trying out a Sapper Palico but I'm going to try healing next! The one Sapper I found has an ability that prevents it from reviving, so he's kind of never there.

And ahhh thanks for the tip! I'm tripping monsters a lot more frequently now. >->
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
@Science

OH are you perhaps looking at the Kinsect type? All glaives are cutting weapons but the kinsect can either be blunt or cutting-type! That's the damage type they do upon impact with the monster when gathering essence.

Doing the caravan quests first is always a good idea and it will get you as prepared as possible for the guild hall as everything is stronger online. I've always completed most/all of the offline story before moving to online in any MH game I've played and it works well!

Tigrex is really scary at first but you'll just find him an annoyance later on when you've gotten used to him lol.
@Science

OH are you perhaps looking at the Kinsect type? All glaives are cutting weapons but the kinsect can either be blunt or cutting-type! That's the damage type they do upon impact with the monster when gathering essence.

Doing the caravan quests first is always a good idea and it will get you as prepared as possible for the guild hall as everything is stronger online. I've always completed most/all of the offline story before moving to online in any MH game I've played and it works well!

Tigrex is really scary at first but you'll just find him an annoyance later on when you've gotten used to him lol.
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
@Kintsy

Ahhhh yeah that is what I was looking at!! I guess I just wasn't focusing the tails much. I gave both my palico cutting weapons and am focusing them harder now, so now I'm cutting tails off easily!

As an aside, my palico lately have been doing... a lot of damage? I mostly just thought they were there to distract the monsters occasionally, but I've caught them cutting tails when I haven't hit the tail at all...! I was farming high rank Tetsucabra yesterday, and they regularly broke one or both fangs on their faces, and it definitely wasn't my doing because I don't dare stand in the face of a high rank monster with my lowbie armor. D: A bit weird because I just switched them both to Healing forte!

And while I'm on the topic, what should I be farming for... "entry to high rank" armor? I know to swap out depending on the monster (one time I went into a frenzied Ziongre hunt with full Lobster armor..........), but like, rarity-wise? I'm currently working on some high rank Tetsucabra pieces which are Rare 5, but I also have a Rare 6 set unlocked. Would R6 be enough to start multiplayer, or should I grind R7+?
@Kintsy

Ahhhh yeah that is what I was looking at!! I guess I just wasn't focusing the tails much. I gave both my palico cutting weapons and am focusing them harder now, so now I'm cutting tails off easily!

As an aside, my palico lately have been doing... a lot of damage? I mostly just thought they were there to distract the monsters occasionally, but I've caught them cutting tails when I haven't hit the tail at all...! I was farming high rank Tetsucabra yesterday, and they regularly broke one or both fangs on their faces, and it definitely wasn't my doing because I don't dare stand in the face of a high rank monster with my lowbie armor. D: A bit weird because I just switched them both to Healing forte!

And while I'm on the topic, what should I be farming for... "entry to high rank" armor? I know to swap out depending on the monster (one time I went into a frenzied Ziongre hunt with full Lobster armor..........), but like, rarity-wise? I'm currently working on some high rank Tetsucabra pieces which are Rare 5, but I also have a Rare 6 set unlocked. Would R6 be enough to start multiplayer, or should I grind R7+?
@Science

Yes! Palicoes can end up doing silly amounts of damage, and they are indeed very good at breaking things. For almost all of the game mine were on healing forte too :>

I'm trying to remember what armor brought me into high rank - probably Tetsucabra or Najarala, if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't really worrying about armor too much until I actually got into high rank, when prepping for G rank becomes more important! Anything goes really as long as you're learning the monster's movements, because that's the only thing that's going to save your butt in G, lol. I stuck on Seregios armor for the longest out of any armor set in the game (both high and G rank)!
@Science

Yes! Palicoes can end up doing silly amounts of damage, and they are indeed very good at breaking things. For almost all of the game mine were on healing forte too :>

I'm trying to remember what armor brought me into high rank - probably Tetsucabra or Najarala, if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't really worrying about armor too much until I actually got into high rank, when prepping for G rank becomes more important! Anything goes really as long as you're learning the monster's movements, because that's the only thing that's going to save your butt in G, lol. I stuck on Seregios armor for the longest out of any armor set in the game (both high and G rank)!
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
I've started working on a Barioth set for my gunning uses (and I got God's Isle today, whoo!)

All of this after a month-long-hiatus to play Animal Crossing and Kingdom Hearts. :P Feels good to be back in the huntin' saddle!
I've started working on a Barioth set for my gunning uses (and I got God's Isle today, whoo!)

All of this after a month-long-hiatus to play Animal Crossing and Kingdom Hearts. :P Feels good to be back in the huntin' saddle!
@Kintsy I was recommended via a tutorial on YouTube that I should farm high rank Gore Magala armor when I can, but... I discovered that the high rank Gore quest was in an Advance 6* level caravan, so I started clearing the prereqs and got them all done...only to discover I need HR5! Argh! I grinded up to HR2 but it's not super fun to go back and do the same things I've done, except the fights last longer and the rewards are useless. :/

So instead, I'm going to kill a few Pink Raths for the armor, and then I'm going to fight my first (9* Caravan Urgent) Seregios! The weapon mechanic seems really fun! And the armor!

Also recently killed my first Kirin. The armor for it looks awesome. owo I want to kill another one so I can get a second horn to upgrade my Kirin IG, but they never show up in the Everwood, and the Guild quests for it have higher health, right? (I got like 4 of them from street pass)
@Kintsy I was recommended via a tutorial on YouTube that I should farm high rank Gore Magala armor when I can, but... I discovered that the high rank Gore quest was in an Advance 6* level caravan, so I started clearing the prereqs and got them all done...only to discover I need HR5! Argh! I grinded up to HR2 but it's not super fun to go back and do the same things I've done, except the fights last longer and the rewards are useless. :/

So instead, I'm going to kill a few Pink Raths for the armor, and then I'm going to fight my first (9* Caravan Urgent) Seregios! The weapon mechanic seems really fun! And the armor!

Also recently killed my first Kirin. The armor for it looks awesome. owo I want to kill another one so I can get a second horn to upgrade my Kirin IG, but they never show up in the Everwood, and the Guild quests for it have higher health, right? (I got like 4 of them from street pass)
I appear to be a magnet for Akantor Gems.
First time I beat him: got a gem from rewards.
Second time I beat him: carved one first thing, then got another from rewards.

...welp, hopefully I'll have similar luck with Dalamadur.
I appear to be a magnet for Akantor Gems.
First time I beat him: got a gem from rewards.
Second time I beat him: carved one first thing, then got another from rewards.

...welp, hopefully I'll have similar luck with Dalamadur.
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
@Science Seregios stuff is indeed really cool, especially if you're a dodge freak like me - I'm like OoT Link, I roll everywhere. it's faster I swear

Guild quests... kind of have higher health? They are sort of on a different scaling system altogether from regular quests in that they level up every time you successfully complete it, and at max level they are much harder than the hardest normal quests the game has to offer. You can definitely do them solo but they'll get pretty hard pretty quickly!!
@Science Seregios stuff is indeed really cool, especially if you're a dodge freak like me - I'm like OoT Link, I roll everywhere. it's faster I swear

Guild quests... kind of have higher health? They are sort of on a different scaling system altogether from regular quests in that they level up every time you successfully complete it, and at max level they are much harder than the hardest normal quests the game has to offer. You can definitely do them solo but they'll get pretty hard pretty quickly!!
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 42 43