Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your first Shiny Pokemon?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
I've played through every main series game (except for FR/LG) at least once and I have never encountered a shiny in the wild. I once witnessed my brother encounter a shiny Shinx in Diamond, though, and it was the very first thing he ran into. Within half an hour of gameplay. Made me so mad.
I've played through every main series game (except for FR/LG) at least once and I have never encountered a shiny in the wild. I once witnessed my brother encounter a shiny Shinx in Diamond, though, and it was the very first thing he ran into. Within half an hour of gameplay. Made me so mad.
Tentacruel in Diamond!
Tentacruel in Diamond!
MUYNhfy.png
hh5n4WA.pnggYW0j5f.png
mjtJ868.png
mlHpBMC.pngoP3x6hO.png
Aside from the random encounter with a Meowth in the battle tower in Leaf Green (which isn't a fluke--Bulbapedia made mention of it once!)...

I spent three weeks using the Masuda Method to breed a shiny Gastly for a restarted game in Pokemon X. It was worth it in the very end for that white Mega Gengar, but never again will I devote my life to breeding for a shiny.

Technically my first shinies were the Three Beasts event for BW, but I don't quite count them.
Aside from the random encounter with a Meowth in the battle tower in Leaf Green (which isn't a fluke--Bulbapedia made mention of it once!)...

I spent three weeks using the Masuda Method to breed a shiny Gastly for a restarted game in Pokemon X. It was worth it in the very end for that white Mega Gengar, but never again will I devote my life to breeding for a shiny.

Technically my first shinies were the Three Beasts event for BW, but I don't quite count them.
In Gold I caught a shiny rattata and pidgy, I can't remember which came first anymore. Spent a lot of time angrily leveling that rat.
Thankfully this was after the lake of rage, otherwise I might not have known what it was and done something stupid.

That was the last one until I caught a fletchinder in my roommate's friend safari.
In Gold I caught a shiny rattata and pidgy, I can't remember which came first anymore. Spent a lot of time angrily leveling that rat.
Thankfully this was after the lake of rage, otherwise I might not have known what it was and done something stupid.

That was the last one until I caught a fletchinder in my roommate's friend safari.
sl1ij5o.pngDHyp0Qb.png krGXgY3.png9RjlOli.png9IQ25Kh.png
The first shiny pokemon I encountered in the wild was a Smeargle in Y. And the first shiny I ever hatched was a Froakie. It was literally when I was JUST about to give up. I think I had a heart attack when I saw him.
The first shiny pokemon I encountered in the wild was a Smeargle in Y. And the first shiny I ever hatched was a Froakie. It was literally when I was JUST about to give up. I think I had a heart attack when I saw him.
First and only shiny encountered by chance was a Dragonair in Pearl.

I wish I had saved the game.
First and only shiny encountered by chance was a Dragonair in Pearl.

I wish I had saved the game.
Aspen/Hoku || 27 || +3 FRT || they/he
HdmxfuE.pngACOZFAh.png9hqcHsy.pngmtHAEL4.pngFvSLVNv.png6Dq3jOp.pngWn6vGC1.pngQYpIXaH.png6Cw2S3h.pngtqGkHih.pngbYt72YT.png6YousWl.pngyvMj9jM.pngyZFrBUC.pngQQYyU47.pngjbMLSIO.pngYJYmFy0.pngu7OYglJ.png
@Elininjakat
I usually trade for my shinies (most of them are probably hacks tbh XD), but my first real shiny experience was in Pokemon X. I found a Shiny Magmar in the friend safari, and on the same day proceeded to hatch a shiny Tympole and a shiny Cottonee, both on their first eggs. I was extremely shocked to say the least. Haven't found any since XD
@Elininjakat
I usually trade for my shinies (most of them are probably hacks tbh XD), but my first real shiny experience was in Pokemon X. I found a Shiny Magmar in the friend safari, and on the same day proceeded to hatch a shiny Tympole and a shiny Cottonee, both on their first eggs. I was extremely shocked to say the least. Haven't found any since XD
Wev0kLvs_o.png...... WvEXipG.png
rI18gRz.png
OPFWPxg.png
mlHpBMC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7gibfJe.png
Shiny Eevee in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. She's enjoying life in ORAS now. [img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/5eb086eaaaad2fc084bb875b84557aea/tumblr_n1i6x0L4Pi1ql6y00o1_540.jpg[/img]
Shiny Eevee in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. She's enjoying life in ORAS now.

tumblr_n1i6x0L4Pi1ql6y00o1_540.jpg
9 hours ahead of FR!

| 1005 9226 8342 |
3DS FC

tumblr
The first shiny I ever caught was a Spinda in Pokemon Sapphire. That's also about the only shiny I ever caught, I am abysmally bad at finding shiny beasties even when chaining for them. (I think I remember seeing a shiny machop once but I was on autopilot and managed to K.O it before my brain caught up to my fingers.)
The first shiny I ever caught was a Spinda in Pokemon Sapphire. That's also about the only shiny I ever caught, I am abysmally bad at finding shiny beasties even when chaining for them. (I think I remember seeing a shiny machop once but I was on autopilot and managed to K.O it before my brain caught up to my fingers.)
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
my shiny amoongus in pokemon black
my shiny amoongus in pokemon black
They/Them, 2+FR time, Pings are appreciated. what_if_banner_had_no_leg_by_epicdragon99-d9zmyrq.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12