Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown too long -- opinion
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote name="Aria" date="2013-06-23 23:20:14" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142870"] I heard that in the Beta they dropped to 2,000-5,000 treasure at one point. [/quote] you're absolutely right, starters were easy to obtain pretty quickly. One thing that keeps me from buying dragons right now is the prices. *shrug* 40k for a basic color baby is quite ridiculous in my eyes..but hey, thats just me
I heard that in the Beta they dropped to 2,000-5,000 treasure at one point.

you're absolutely right, starters were easy to obtain pretty quickly. One thing that keeps me from buying dragons right now is the prices. *shrug* 40k for a basic color baby is quite ridiculous in my eyes..but hey, thats just me
fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
[quote name="Mythoria" date="2013-06-23 23:27:50" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142921"] you're absolutely right, starters were easy to obtain pretty quickly. One thing that keeps me from buying dragons right now is the prices. *shrug* 40k for a basic color baby is quite ridiculous in my eyes..but hey, thats just me[/quote] Not just you, Mythoria. I agree with that completely, it seems really really pricey right now. Now if there were genes on some of the babies, that's understandable, but at this stage in the game, the inflation and the baby prices don't make much sense to me either.

you're absolutely right, starters were easy to obtain pretty quickly. One thing that keeps me from buying dragons right now is the prices. *shrug* 40k for a basic color baby is quite ridiculous in my eyes..but hey, thats just me

Not just you, Mythoria. I agree with that completely, it seems really really pricey right now. Now if there were genes on some of the babies, that's understandable, but at this stage in the game, the inflation and the baby prices don't make much sense to me either.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro3_250.gif
[quote name="Zinc" date="2013-06-23 23:34:22" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142967"][quote name="Mythoria" date="2013-06-23 23:27:50" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142921"] you're absolutely right, starters were easy to obtain pretty quickly. One thing that keeps me from buying dragons right now is the prices. *shrug* 40k for a basic color baby is quite ridiculous in my eyes..but hey, thats just me[/quote] Not just you, Mythoria. I agree with that completely, it seems really really pricey right now. Now if there were genes on some of the babies, that's understandable, but at this stage in the game, the inflation and the baby prices don't make much sense to me either.[/quote] yup, for 1-2 genes on a babe then 30-40k is pretty reasonable. I tried selling a babe on the AH for a decent price..only to have it sniped around, idk, i kinda laughed at that. So until prices go down in the AH i'm just sticking to selling and trading within my own flight *shrug* but hey, within time i'm sure prices will lower to a much better rate, maybe i'm just being a bit impatient myself lol . I'm content with my seven dragons at the moment, I'm slower this time around but thats mainly due to the fact of prices, and games and so forth, but i'm more than willing to wait it out as I don't have a time limit.

Not just you, Mythoria. I agree with that completely, it seems really really pricey right now. Now if there were genes on some of the babies, that's understandable, but at this stage in the game, the inflation and the baby prices don't make much sense to me either.

yup, for 1-2 genes on a babe then 30-40k is pretty reasonable.

I tried selling a babe on the AH for a decent price..only to have it sniped around, idk, i kinda laughed at that. So until prices go down in the AH i'm just sticking to selling and trading within my own flight *shrug*

but hey, within time i'm sure prices will lower to a much better rate, maybe i'm just being a bit impatient myself lol . I'm content with my seven dragons at the moment, I'm slower this time around but thats mainly due to the fact of prices, and games and so forth, but i'm more than willing to wait it out as I don't have a time limit.

fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif
Patience is a virtue!

Yes, I bet that in a month prices will drop to 10K on average or so. There's a dearth of dragon to start out with, but as people get proper pairs, babies have more babies... too many babies.
Patience is a virtue!

Yes, I bet that in a month prices will drop to 10K on average or so. There's a dearth of dragon to start out with, but as people get proper pairs, babies have more babies... too many babies.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
The cool down is annoying, but I use the time to earn money from games and battles for neat stuff and apparel c: you can earn a lot of money in 30 days (imperial breeder here). I think there is plenty to do and its not all about breeding. I love this game to death and I have to wait a full month between each breeding.
The cool down is annoying, but I use the time to earn money from games and battles for neat stuff and apparel c: you can earn a lot of money in 30 days (imperial breeder here). I think there is plenty to do and its not all about breeding. I love this game to death and I have to wait a full month between each breeding.
You know who I am.
||Artwork||
Our apologies to those who are upset. The recent downtime and our games going offline is incredibly frustrating, and we will not stop working until these issues are resolved. (Actually we won't stop working even after they're resolved: There's a lot to do and new things we want to put in!)

We do have some pretty good discussion thread in the suggestions forum about breeding cooldowns and the pros/cons of reducing or increasing them. The official stance for us right now regarding cooldown is that we're going to let things run their course for the next month or two and reevaluate after the game has had a chance to hit its stride (where it moves past initial launch population and into what the "live" population will be.) We want for people to have nests going at all times, as breeding is one of the highlights of the game for many people.

An item that costs gems that reduces cooldown is something that crosses our line of no pay-to-win, so that option is an unlikely outcome for us, though it's a good suggestion.

The FR community has been pretty darned great overall. It's fine to have differing opinions and to be upset with the game. Reading about what things folks like and what they don't like, what's frustrating and what's fun is super helpful, and much appreciated.

(I did not see the facebook comment/reply people are talking about before it was removed, but behavior like that is seriously uncool. Discussion is fine, name-calling and bringing someone's child into it is NOT. If you ever see anything of that nature in the future, report it to an admin and we'll put a stop to it real fast.)
Our apologies to those who are upset. The recent downtime and our games going offline is incredibly frustrating, and we will not stop working until these issues are resolved. (Actually we won't stop working even after they're resolved: There's a lot to do and new things we want to put in!)

We do have some pretty good discussion thread in the suggestions forum about breeding cooldowns and the pros/cons of reducing or increasing them. The official stance for us right now regarding cooldown is that we're going to let things run their course for the next month or two and reevaluate after the game has had a chance to hit its stride (where it moves past initial launch population and into what the "live" population will be.) We want for people to have nests going at all times, as breeding is one of the highlights of the game for many people.

An item that costs gems that reduces cooldown is something that crosses our line of no pay-to-win, so that option is an unlikely outcome for us, though it's a good suggestion.

The FR community has been pretty darned great overall. It's fine to have differing opinions and to be upset with the game. Reading about what things folks like and what they don't like, what's frustrating and what's fun is super helpful, and much appreciated.

(I did not see the facebook comment/reply people are talking about before it was removed, but behavior like that is seriously uncool. Discussion is fine, name-calling and bringing someone's child into it is NOT. If you ever see anything of that nature in the future, report it to an admin and we'll put a stop to it real fast.)
I wish the cooldown was shorter too...
It takes forever! But I still enjoy the game....
I wish the cooldown was shorter too...
It takes forever! But I still enjoy the game....
[quote name="Anime" date="2013-06-23 22:43:21" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142568"]I think the way to solve all the complaints is to make an item that shortens cooldowns by however many days and it costs gems. [/quote] I agree whole heartedly, I'm excited to breed after a long wait, but I'm sure others aren't, and I'm sure a 1000-1500 gem item to shorten the breeding cool down is a great idea, maybe have it not stock all the time too! That way it can be a use if you want. If you hate the cool downs so much you can get the item ^^ if not, then why complain at all? Kudos to you, I think you hit it on the head.
I think the way to solve all the complaints is to make an item that shortens cooldowns by however many days and it costs gems.

I agree whole heartedly, I'm excited to breed after a long wait, but I'm sure others aren't, and I'm sure a 1000-1500 gem item to shorten the breeding cool down is a great idea, maybe have it not stock all the time too!

That way it can be a use if you want. If you hate the cool downs so much you can get the item ^^ if not, then why complain at all?

Kudos to you, I think you hit it on the head.
I guess the only thing I wish is that the minimum amount of eggs laid would be 2. I've gotten nothing but single eggs thus far. It's very frustrating, especially with the Wildclaw that has a 35day cool-down :(
I guess the only thing I wish is that the minimum amount of eggs laid would be 2. I've gotten nothing but single eggs thus far. It's very frustrating, especially with the Wildclaw that has a 35day cool-down :(
Trippy-Top.png
I for one will never support an item that shortens cooldown.
I for one will never support an item that shortens cooldown.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13