Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Shock Switch Upcoming Features/Bugs
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 166 167
I actually prefer runes to make my money but when runes aren't working I relied heavily on shock switch. Now that shock switch doesn't pay nearly as much it hurts a lot when runes aren't working, which happens often.
I actually prefer runes to make my money but when runes aren't working I relied heavily on shock switch. Now that shock switch doesn't pay nearly as much it hurts a lot when runes aren't working, which happens often.
This will probably be buried under the past 66 pages of stuff, but I want to mention a bug which I found in my playthrough to determine if there is a nerf to payout as people seem to be crying foul over.

When you use the feature to slide a block into the vacated space as blocks above are falling, and this would produce a chain, the display would show another chain indicator box if you had another block lined up to form a chain instead of showing a six-block clear and a chain 2 (for example) when they are on the same level.

And the verdict is that they didn't buff VH payout, since I got exactly the same amount of treasure as I did before and after the nerf with my benchmark score of 1.6 million
This will probably be buried under the past 66 pages of stuff, but I want to mention a bug which I found in my playthrough to determine if there is a nerf to payout as people seem to be crying foul over.

When you use the feature to slide a block into the vacated space as blocks above are falling, and this would produce a chain, the display would show another chain indicator box if you had another block lined up to form a chain instead of showing a six-block clear and a chain 2 (for example) when they are on the same level.

And the verdict is that they didn't buff VH payout, since I got exactly the same amount of treasure as I did before and after the nerf with my benchmark score of 1.6 million
Malo esse bonæ sub regno Textricis Lucis
Ask when you know not or cast yourself in chains of veiled silence. Question the darkness and the light within will reveal itself.
Insert Future Shop Banner Here
Text In Character will be distinguished by this colour.
I have the same problem of hitting around the 100k mark and the game disconnecting. I moved from firefox since it kept crashing to chrome just to play it since it was the only decent way to get treasure since rune froze every time i finished a level.

Currently I don't bother playing any of the games on here since the only one now crashes in one browser and disconnects in this one.
I wish there was more ways of getting treasure.
I have the same problem of hitting around the 100k mark and the game disconnecting. I moved from firefox since it kept crashing to chrome just to play it since it was the only decent way to get treasure since rune froze every time i finished a level.

Currently I don't bother playing any of the games on here since the only one now crashes in one browser and disconnects in this one.
I wish there was more ways of getting treasure.
YCP7KAY.png
Signature by Encore
@IvoryMuffin

I was running some benchmarks of my own, using Very Easy and Very Hard. I was finding that I was getting about 420 treasure/ minute in VE, and 495 treasure / minute in Very Hard. The scores were orders of magnitudes different, but the treasure / minute for Very Hard was better than for Very Easy.

Previously, I was getting about 750 treasure / minute from Very Easy.

For the same time investment, Runes is a much better payout. Which really sucks, because I detest Runes and love Shock Switch. But if something isn't done to increase the payout..... I'm going to be stuck mostly on Runes. The payout differential between Runes and SS and Jigsaw is just too steep.

I really really really wish that the payout for both Jigsaw and SS would be upped to be closer to that of Runes.

Cheers!
C4.
@IvoryMuffin

I was running some benchmarks of my own, using Very Easy and Very Hard. I was finding that I was getting about 420 treasure/ minute in VE, and 495 treasure / minute in Very Hard. The scores were orders of magnitudes different, but the treasure / minute for Very Hard was better than for Very Easy.

Previously, I was getting about 750 treasure / minute from Very Easy.

For the same time investment, Runes is a much better payout. Which really sucks, because I detest Runes and love Shock Switch. But if something isn't done to increase the payout..... I'm going to be stuck mostly on Runes. The payout differential between Runes and SS and Jigsaw is just too steep.

I really really really wish that the payout for both Jigsaw and SS would be upped to be closer to that of Runes.

Cheers!
C4.
FR_Banners_Lightning_3.png

e4vvx.gif 3pqEs.gif a6q8B.gif dybJP.gif
Ssssso does anyone else's computer crash when they're playing shock switch?

Because that's been consistently happening with me, and I have never seen that before. o_O

No-effects mode seems to crash just a little less, but the frequency of it has been starting to rise...
Ssssso does anyone else's computer crash when they're playing shock switch?

Because that's been consistently happening with me, and I have never seen that before. o_O

No-effects mode seems to crash just a little less, but the frequency of it has been starting to rise...
I liked the idea of checking averages, so I went and played 5 games each of each difficulty level, threw out the low and high, and averaged the rest (tiny sample, I know). I played one minute each time, and these were the averages I got:

Very Easy: 868
Easy: 1267
Normal: 1116
Hard: 958
Very Hard: 957

So Very Easy's clearly been nerfed, Easy is okay, Normal is pretty decent but could still use some boosting to make it worthwhile to play, and Hard and Very Hard just can't compensate for having six block types at the current payout level -- there's just a much greater likelihood there won't be options available for continuing a chain. A better player than me who's good at setting up chains in advance might be able to make something of it, though, so I'd be curious to see other people's stats.

My vote would be to leave Very Easy and Easy as-is and to boost the rest more.
I liked the idea of checking averages, so I went and played 5 games each of each difficulty level, threw out the low and high, and averaged the rest (tiny sample, I know). I played one minute each time, and these were the averages I got:

Very Easy: 868
Easy: 1267
Normal: 1116
Hard: 958
Very Hard: 957

So Very Easy's clearly been nerfed, Easy is okay, Normal is pretty decent but could still use some boosting to make it worthwhile to play, and Hard and Very Hard just can't compensate for having six block types at the current payout level -- there's just a much greater likelihood there won't be options available for continuing a chain. A better player than me who's good at setting up chains in advance might be able to make something of it, though, so I'd be curious to see other people's stats.

My vote would be to leave Very Easy and Easy as-is and to boost the rest more.
Selling '13 Lightning and Fire Festival chests! PM me if you'd like to make an offer.
I saw this idea mentioned before, and I'm going to agree: each press of the shock switch should count your treasure.
Just spent I-cant-remember-how-long playing, and somewhere around speed 100 it crashed on me. No treasure for me. Nadda. This is not the first time this has happened either.

Also, what is all this about a payout nerf? I can't seem to find an announcement about it, but there are several pages of people upset about it.
If there was a payout nerf to the lower levels, I believe that was very uncalled for. Higher difficulties should get a better payout than the easy ones, but not like this. It's going to take hours more to hit the 75k streak limit [and that's already assuming there are no crashes]. I swear every time I close my eyes I see blocks moving around already as it is... And it's not like these games are easy on the wrists and fingers.

As much as I like you FR, I actually, have other things to do all day besides play your games for treasure.

Please raise the payouts for the higher difficulties, keep the lower difficulties at decent payouts. You already have a 75k limit stopping us from being millionaires overnight. Why isn't that enough?
I saw this idea mentioned before, and I'm going to agree: each press of the shock switch should count your treasure.
Just spent I-cant-remember-how-long playing, and somewhere around speed 100 it crashed on me. No treasure for me. Nadda. This is not the first time this has happened either.

Also, what is all this about a payout nerf? I can't seem to find an announcement about it, but there are several pages of people upset about it.
If there was a payout nerf to the lower levels, I believe that was very uncalled for. Higher difficulties should get a better payout than the easy ones, but not like this. It's going to take hours more to hit the 75k streak limit [and that's already assuming there are no crashes]. I swear every time I close my eyes I see blocks moving around already as it is... And it's not like these games are easy on the wrists and fingers.

As much as I like you FR, I actually, have other things to do all day besides play your games for treasure.

Please raise the payouts for the higher difficulties, keep the lower difficulties at decent payouts. You already have a 75k limit stopping us from being millionaires overnight. Why isn't that enough?
qyO3q.gif
just clicked the up button to make more blocks and it TPed me to the fairgrounds. lost three full charges.
just clicked the up button to make more blocks and it TPed me to the fairgrounds. lost three full charges.
@Dire there was no mention only that I knew for a fact that after every full charge. and at a certain score I knew how much it gave me. now every full charges is 3800 instead of 4300 adding up it really hurts, and they haven't said a single thing about it.

it's not just lower levles, its all levles pay less now.
@Dire there was no mention only that I knew for a fact that after every full charge. and at a certain score I knew how much it gave me. now every full charges is 3800 instead of 4300 adding up it really hurts, and they haven't said a single thing about it.

it's not just lower levles, its all levles pay less now.
I was just playing shock switch, had 780k points last time I glanced at it and I was losing ground and went to hit the shock switch and the game blinked, shock switch failed to work and I lost and didn't get rewarded any treasure at all.
I was just playing shock switch, had 780k points last time I glanced at it and I was losing ground and went to hit the shock switch and the game blinked, shock switch failed to work and I lost and didn't get rewarded any treasure at all.
zerix.png
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 166 167