Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How does the Colosseum's AI work?
Simple question, yes? How does the Colosseum's AI work? Or, more specifically: How do enemies choose which dragon to target?

Of the two dragons I have right now, I notice that enemies seem to disproportionately target my Guardian over my Tundra. They almost always go for him as opposed to my girl. I'm wondering if this is because he has less HP? I was trying to set them up so that she was a tanky mage and he was a dodgy, critical hit-happy melee dude, but that means giving him less defense/HP in exchange for more criticals and strength. However, her tanky-ness never gets a chance to play out since the enemies seem to completely ignore her.

Am I just super-unlucky? Or is the game actually programmed to work like this? Will I have to give him more defense or vitality no matter what?

(If it is, I might just meander over to suggestions to make some balancing issues, but if not, don't mind me...)
Simple question, yes? How does the Colosseum's AI work? Or, more specifically: How do enemies choose which dragon to target?

Of the two dragons I have right now, I notice that enemies seem to disproportionately target my Guardian over my Tundra. They almost always go for him as opposed to my girl. I'm wondering if this is because he has less HP? I was trying to set them up so that she was a tanky mage and he was a dodgy, critical hit-happy melee dude, but that means giving him less defense/HP in exchange for more criticals and strength. However, her tanky-ness never gets a chance to play out since the enemies seem to completely ignore her.

Am I just super-unlucky? Or is the game actually programmed to work like this? Will I have to give him more defense or vitality no matter what?

(If it is, I might just meander over to suggestions to make some balancing issues, but if not, don't mind me...)
The AI for most of the enemies currently in-game is very stupid. It's a random targeting system. We have some diabolical AI lined up for future zones that will actively focus fire your dragons and have additional smart tactics.

But AI now is purposefully stupid. :)
The AI for most of the enemies currently in-game is very stupid. It's a random targeting system. We have some diabolical AI lined up for future zones that will actively focus fire your dragons and have additional smart tactics.

But AI now is purposefully stupid. :)
So I'm just unlucky then. :( Ah well! Thanks for the reply!
So I'm just unlucky then. :( Ah well! Thanks for the reply!