Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | [Xroads] Warn if apparel/familiar equip
I just tested this, because I was curious what might happen if you tried to open a crossroads trade with someone when your dragon already has a familiar and/or apparel equipped.

The answer? nothing

It sucks, because you can't tell whether a dragon is carrying a familiar in any obvious way, because it does not show up on their picture. At least the apparel, you can see it on the picture.
I can see a lot of mistakes just waiting to happen if I forget to double check for a familiar before I excitedly complete the trade for the new shiny dragon/gems/treasure.

I'd love a popup warning before sending the coliseum trade or accepting a trade that like "This dragon is wearing apparel or has a familiar, are you sure?" to give me the opportunity to cancel and go remove the items before I complete the trade.
I just tested this, because I was curious what might happen if you tried to open a crossroads trade with someone when your dragon already has a familiar and/or apparel equipped.

The answer? nothing

It sucks, because you can't tell whether a dragon is carrying a familiar in any obvious way, because it does not show up on their picture. At least the apparel, you can see it on the picture.
I can see a lot of mistakes just waiting to happen if I forget to double check for a familiar before I excitedly complete the trade for the new shiny dragon/gems/treasure.

I'd love a popup warning before sending the coliseum trade or accepting a trade that like "This dragon is wearing apparel or has a familiar, are you sure?" to give me the opportunity to cancel and go remove the items before I complete the trade.
FRbanner_wholeA.pngFRbanner_wholeB.pngFRbanner_wholeC.png
I get what you're saying, but this is mostly user error. Maybe an optional popup you can activate or deactivate through the account settings.
I think you should just check your dragon before you make the trade, and if you make the mistake of trading away a dragon w/ a familiar, then you won't soon make it again.
I get what you're saying, but this is mostly user error. Maybe an optional popup you can activate or deactivate through the account settings.
I think you should just check your dragon before you make the trade, and if you make the mistake of trading away a dragon w/ a familiar, then you won't soon make it again.
[quote name="sly" date="2013-06-19 09:43:50" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115350"]I get what you're saying, but this is mostly user error. Maybe an optional popup you can activate or deactivate through the account settings. I think you should just check your dragon before you make the trade, and if you make the mistake of trading away a dragon w/ a familiar, then you won't soon make it again.[/quote] It's one extra click, which is not a huge burden considering it's a dragon trade -- not something that you're going to be spamming every day unless you're some sort of power dragon salesman. And if your dragon is NOT wearing any apparel/familiar, the popup would never even appear. So if you're doing things right (like you say) and checking the dragon ahead of time, you'd NEVER see the popup.

It's one extra click, which is not a huge burden considering it's a dragon trade -- not something that you're going to be spamming every day unless you're some sort of power dragon salesman.

And if your dragon is NOT wearing any apparel/familiar, the popup would never even appear. So if you're doing things right (like you say) and checking the dragon ahead of time, you'd NEVER see the popup.
[quote name="Vyndree" date="2013-06-19 09:37:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115286"] I can see a lot of mistakes just waiting to happen if I forget to double check for a familiar before I excitedly complete the trade for the new shiny dragon/gems/treasure. [/quote] The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it's a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up. It allows you to get the trade up and still remove the articles before the other person accepts. :)

The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it's a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up.

It allows you to get the trade up and still remove the articles before the other person accepts. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-19 09:48:09" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115388"][quote name="Vyndree" date="2013-06-19 09:37:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115286"] I can see a lot of mistakes just waiting to happen if I forget to double check for a familiar before I excitedly complete the trade for the new shiny dragon/gems/treasure. [/quote] The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it's a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up. It allows you to get the trade up and still remove the articles before the other person accepts. :)[/quote] OK, but I just opened a trade with my boyfriend's account to test it with a dragon that had both a hat and a familiar attached, and[b] it let the trade request go through[/b]. Does that mean that he wouldn't have been able to [u]accept[/u] the trade even though it had been sent, because my dragon had apparel/familiars? EDIT: Re-read your response and you actually said "it allows you to get the trade up", so my questions have been answered. :) So the trade receiver would have to notify me that there was an error when they tried to accept the dragon. Awesome. Glad I can't flub up and lose one of my precious familiars. :) <3 Thanks!

The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it&#039;s a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up.

It allows you to get the trade up and still remove the articles before the other person accepts. :)

OK, but I just opened a trade with my boyfriend&#039;s account to test it with a dragon that had both a hat and a familiar attached, and it let the trade request go through.

Does that mean that he wouldn&#039;t have been able to accept the trade even though it had been sent, because my dragon had apparel/familiars?

EDIT: Re-read your response and you actually said "it allows you to get the trade up", so my questions have been answered. :)

So the trade receiver would have to notify me that there was an error when they tried to accept the dragon. Awesome. Glad I can&#039;t flub up and lose one of my precious familiars. :) <3

Thanks!
[quote name="Vyndree" date="2013-06-19 09:52:13" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115416"][quote name="Xhaztol" date="2013-06-19 09:48:09" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115388"][quote name="Vyndree" date="2013-06-19 09:37:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=sug&page=1&id=115286#115286"] I can see a lot of mistakes just waiting to happen if I forget to double check for a familiar before I excitedly complete the trade for the new shiny dragon/gems/treasure. [/quote] The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it's a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up. It allows you to get the trade up and still remove the articles before the other person accepts. :)[/quote] OK, but I just opened a trade with my boyfriend's account to test it with a dragon that had both a hat and a familiar attached, and[b] it let the trade request go through[/b]. Does that mean that he wouldn't have been able to [u]accept[/u] the trade even though it had been sent, because my dragon had apparel/familiars? EDIT: Re-read your response and you actually said "it allows you to get the trade up", so my questions have been answered. :)[/quote] The trade [b]request [/b]will go through regardless -- if one or both dragons were not ready to be traded when he tried to [b]accept[/b] the offer, that is when the error would be produced. It won't clear the trade, either, and it would still pend for you guys until the dragons were cleaned off.

The Crossroads system will actually not allow a dragon that has apparel or a familiar to be traded (an error will be produced), so you never have to worry about that. We know that it&#039;s a little weird to be able to see all available dragons, rather than only ones that are eligible, but we thought it might be better for all options to be visible, just in case you did change your mind on a dragon you had dressed up.

OK, but I just opened a trade with my boyfriend&#039;s account to test it with a dragon that had both a hat and a familiar attached, and it let the trade request go through.

Does that mean that he wouldn&#039;t have been able to accept the trade even though it had been sent, because my dragon had apparel/familiars?

EDIT: Re-read your response and you actually said "it allows you to get the trade up", so my questions have been answered. :)

The trade request will go through regardless -- if one or both dragons were not ready to be traded when he tried to accept the offer, that is when the error would be produced. It won&#039;t clear the trade, either, and it would still pend for you guys until the dragons were cleaned off.
Flight Rising Developer
No problem - glad to help! In fact... moving to Help Center!
No problem - glad to help! In fact... moving to Help Center!
Flight Rising Developer