Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Absurd Phobias!
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45
i have a crippling fear of rain. even if it's only drizzling i want to cry.

i have a crippling fear of rain. even if it's only drizzling i want to cry.

.gif418.gif
ANYTHING FLYING AT ME. MOSTLY BUGS.

also not sure if it counts as a phobia (it's debatable) but that freaking holes thing. trypophobia.
ANYTHING FLYING AT ME. MOSTLY BUGS.

also not sure if it counts as a phobia (it's debatable) but that freaking holes thing. trypophobia.
Gx0BRyp.gifeJFFsAB.gifO6Ucbqk.gifIDZwpQR.gif
@NocturneOwl @TheBestiary @loraxem

THANK GOD YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THE HOLES THING
My first creep-out was when I was a kid and saw that frog that gives birth out of it's back??? IT MADE ME SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND I HAD NO IDEA WHY
And of course I have it with the seed pods and sometimes with like, certain clusters of cracks? only on certain things though. and honey combs don't bother me like they do others with this phobia, but omg those others. I want to cry just thinking about them.
@NocturneOwl @TheBestiary @loraxem

THANK GOD YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THE HOLES THING
My first creep-out was when I was a kid and saw that frog that gives birth out of it's back??? IT MADE ME SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND I HAD NO IDEA WHY
And of course I have it with the seed pods and sometimes with like, certain clusters of cracks? only on certain things though. and honey combs don't bother me like they do others with this phobia, but omg those others. I want to cry just thinking about them.
[quote name="Seregios" date=2015-06-04 18:22:43] I am afraid to dangle my legs off my bed because I'm afraid something will eat my toes. [/quote] @Seregios - Me too! ;; I can't have my feet uncovered at night because I feel like they're in danger. No idea why this fear is so toe-specific; I don't have the same concerns about something possibly eating my fingers.
Seregios wrote on 2015-06-04:
I am afraid to dangle my legs off my bed because I'm afraid something will eat my toes.
@Seregios - Me too! ;; I can't have my feet uncovered at night because I feel like they're in danger. No idea why this fear is so toe-specific; I don't have the same concerns about something possibly eating my fingers.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@OverlordFreya
YES, I HATE THAT FROG. Spiders make me uncomfortable, sometimes scared but not all the time? Like I can look at a tarantula and think it's fuzzy and cool... if there's a house spider in my home I'm like NO YOU WERE NOT INVITED HERE.... but I'd say that frog/toad/devil spawn is the one animal I just don't want anything to do with. It's like something out of a Junji Ito comic.

I'm also similar to you in that honeycomb doesn't bother me for some reason? Even though it really should because it's a bunch of holes with THINGS LIVING IN THERE

And cracks. Cracks are probably worse for me than holes as I remember being freaked out by them right from being a child, before I even knew what a phobia was never mind trypophobia... even though they're not cracks, I hated looking at spider webs. Something about the lines arranged in that sharp circular pattern, or maybe the holes in between, just.... ugh

AND WHEN THERE'S HOLES LIKE IN AN AIR VENT AND IT COLLECTS DUST OR MOULD round the edge?? NOPE
@OverlordFreya
YES, I HATE THAT FROG. Spiders make me uncomfortable, sometimes scared but not all the time? Like I can look at a tarantula and think it's fuzzy and cool... if there's a house spider in my home I'm like NO YOU WERE NOT INVITED HERE.... but I'd say that frog/toad/devil spawn is the one animal I just don't want anything to do with. It's like something out of a Junji Ito comic.

I'm also similar to you in that honeycomb doesn't bother me for some reason? Even though it really should because it's a bunch of holes with THINGS LIVING IN THERE

And cracks. Cracks are probably worse for me than holes as I remember being freaked out by them right from being a child, before I even knew what a phobia was never mind trypophobia... even though they're not cracks, I hated looking at spider webs. Something about the lines arranged in that sharp circular pattern, or maybe the holes in between, just.... ugh

AND WHEN THERE'S HOLES LIKE IN AN AIR VENT AND IT COLLECTS DUST OR MOULD round the edge?? NOPE
Dragon Sale Tab
@NocturneOwl

Yeah, I can (for the most part) tolerate a pic of a spider but if it's in the room with me, NOPE. SEND THE HUSBAND TO KILL IT LOL
And we legit should be upset by honeycombs, I FORGOT THAT THINGS LIVE IN THERE. O AO HOLD MEEE

GOD YES I GET THE MOLD THING like there was mold spores or something on my flowers outside and I was like NOEP -runs-

And I just had a freaking ant crawling on me, and my husband apparently is the spider summoner and had one in his EAR. T_____T
@NocturneOwl

Yeah, I can (for the most part) tolerate a pic of a spider but if it's in the room with me, NOPE. SEND THE HUSBAND TO KILL IT LOL
And we legit should be upset by honeycombs, I FORGOT THAT THINGS LIVE IN THERE. O AO HOLD MEEE

GOD YES I GET THE MOLD THING like there was mold spores or something on my flowers outside and I was like NOEP -runs-

And I just had a freaking ant crawling on me, and my husband apparently is the spider summoner and had one in his EAR. T_____T
@OverlordFreya
Being trypophobic is horrible. ;; Can't even look at brain coral in our school's assigned magazines or at books with pictures of animals carrying their eggs on their backs.
@OverlordFreya
Being trypophobic is horrible. ;; Can't even look at brain coral in our school's assigned magazines or at books with pictures of animals carrying their eggs on their backs.
globules.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date=2015-02-15 09:35:45] I'm also very afraid of craneflies even though they're completely harmless. [/quote] I'm afraid of craneflies aka daddy long legs too! I though I was the only one. I also have Trypophobia- fear of lots of small holes. (Look at brain coral and you'll see what I mean)
Ningyo wrote on 2015-02-15:
I'm also very afraid of craneflies even though they're completely harmless.
I'm afraid of craneflies aka daddy long legs too! I though I was the only one. I also have Trypophobia- fear of lots of small holes. (Look at brain coral and you'll see what I mean)
Please visit my userpage to read my true story about bullying. Please read it and judge for yourself the effect bullying had on me. Be aware, be knowledgeable.
Oh, gosh, i hate dolls. And clowns. My sis is afraid of glow in the dark stuff.
Oh, gosh, i hate dolls. And clowns. My sis is afraid of glow in the dark stuff.
I have no idea why but I'm afraid of execution. It's not an entirely irrational fear because... well, who wants to be executed? But the weird thing about it is I'm not particularly afraid of any other form of death. I wouldn't want to die but the thought doesn't make me anxious or panicky, sort of an "it happens to everyone eventually so why worry" mentality. But execution just gets to me for some reason. I can't read anything about death row inmates or anything similar because just the thought of execution makes me panicky.
I have no idea why but I'm afraid of execution. It's not an entirely irrational fear because... well, who wants to be executed? But the weird thing about it is I'm not particularly afraid of any other form of death. I wouldn't want to die but the thought doesn't make me anxious or panicky, sort of an "it happens to everyone eventually so why worry" mentality. But execution just gets to me for some reason. I can't read anything about death row inmates or anything similar because just the thought of execution makes me panicky.
CtM8cLF.png
1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45