Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight Change
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24
support. make it a one-time thing or gems-only, though, so it can't be abused.
support. make it a one-time thing or gems-only, though, so it can't be abused.
Scary Storybook Tales of Terror
I support being able to change your flight (perhaps once a year or every six months, for a certain amount of Treasure). As we all know, people's character, priorities, and so on, change over time, and decisions that seem right today may not seem so three years from now.

I also agree with those who have said that the info that's available beforehand is not enough to make an informed decision. The new player should not have to go and hunt down more information through Facebook and other offsite places, it should be readily available right here on the site.
I support being able to change your flight (perhaps once a year or every six months, for a certain amount of Treasure). As we all know, people's character, priorities, and so on, change over time, and decisions that seem right today may not seem so three years from now.

I also agree with those who have said that the info that's available beforehand is not enough to make an informed decision. The new player should not have to go and hunt down more information through Facebook and other offsite places, it should be readily available right here on the site.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

kHDHcKs.png
While I'm content with the flight I chose, I fully support this suggestion. I understand flight changes would be a very difficult and time-consuming thing for the staff members to implement but I think I can safely say a good majority of the FR community would appreciate it. The only thing I would be afraid of is if people abused the system. Like if they purposely switched over to another flight just to help them gain Dominance for a week or so. But a lot of people here have suggested good ideas to help prevent that from happening (Like you could only change your flight once per account, every flight change will significantly increase in price, you can't breed for a certain amount of time once you change flights, etc.)

And if flight changes don't become a thing, then I definitely support the idea of giving new users a chance to learn about every flight before they make a decision. I didn't even know any hatchlings born in my lair would always have aqua/blue-green eyes until weeks after creating my account. So an informative guide on how your flight affects gameplay would be very nice. Or even a nice little chart showing what eye color each flight has would be helpful.
While I'm content with the flight I chose, I fully support this suggestion. I understand flight changes would be a very difficult and time-consuming thing for the staff members to implement but I think I can safely say a good majority of the FR community would appreciate it. The only thing I would be afraid of is if people abused the system. Like if they purposely switched over to another flight just to help them gain Dominance for a week or so. But a lot of people here have suggested good ideas to help prevent that from happening (Like you could only change your flight once per account, every flight change will significantly increase in price, you can't breed for a certain amount of time once you change flights, etc.)

And if flight changes don't become a thing, then I definitely support the idea of giving new users a chance to learn about every flight before they make a decision. I didn't even know any hatchlings born in my lair would always have aqua/blue-green eyes until weeks after creating my account. So an informative guide on how your flight affects gameplay would be very nice. Or even a nice little chart showing what eye color each flight has would be helpful.
I support this, but I feel that you should really only get one shop for a chance, MAYBE two.

I love my flight now, I picked it because the Plauge mother looked awesome. Beyond awesome. Super awesome.

I had no idea it would make ever offspring born in my nests have red eyes. I HATE bright red. I would have chosen light or shadows if I had known that your flight determined eye colors. And sense the information was not given when I joined up, and there is no way to change... It made me a little sad >_>

Plus you know know if the temperament of a flich will suit you.

So, after my ramblings. I support, but it would definately need to be a limited feature. ( Only twice ever on an account, minimum 6 months between uses )
I support this, but I feel that you should really only get one shop for a chance, MAYBE two.

I love my flight now, I picked it because the Plauge mother looked awesome. Beyond awesome. Super awesome.

I had no idea it would make ever offspring born in my nests have red eyes. I HATE bright red. I would have chosen light or shadows if I had known that your flight determined eye colors. And sense the information was not given when I joined up, and there is no way to change... It made me a little sad >_>

Plus you know know if the temperament of a flich will suit you.

So, after my ramblings. I support, but it would definately need to be a limited feature. ( Only twice ever on an account, minimum 6 months between uses )
Currently need two copies of the Bee secondary gene! Slow progress @_@
I'd like it if you would be able to go back to your original flight if you ever start to miss it.
If you've been trough multiple flights you've really travelled. Each community differs so those travels would be worthwhile I think.

I also think there should be penalties. These are very god I think:
- Can't breed for a month (your dragons have to settle/adjust first)
- Can't switch flights again for 3 months/6months or something. (A year is too long I think)
- Costs 500k treasure or something. (no gems please as these are not easily available to everyone)

If it where like that I'd love to travel to water flight and fire flight sometime. Maybe I'd even go to wind flight with the hope of finding some other migrants. After all, wind is known to travel a lot by the lore. I might make some return trips to Earth or maybe I'll just keep on travelling until I wish to stop it and go back to earth. Dragonhome sweet Dragonhome.
I'd like it if you would be able to go back to your original flight if you ever start to miss it.
If you've been trough multiple flights you've really travelled. Each community differs so those travels would be worthwhile I think.

I also think there should be penalties. These are very god I think:
- Can't breed for a month (your dragons have to settle/adjust first)
- Can't switch flights again for 3 months/6months or something. (A year is too long I think)
- Costs 500k treasure or something. (no gems please as these are not easily available to everyone)

If it where like that I'd love to travel to water flight and fire flight sometime. Maybe I'd even go to wind flight with the hope of finding some other migrants. After all, wind is known to travel a lot by the lore. I might make some return trips to Earth or maybe I'll just keep on travelling until I wish to stop it and go back to earth. Dragonhome sweet Dragonhome.
~
I really, really support this! I hadn't quite known what choosing a clan would all entail when i initially signed up, and hadn't thought too much about it.
While the users of Plague Flight have been perfectly friendly (and users in general seem to be on FR, haha), but the aesthetic portion that entails with being from Plague has been bothering me. ╮(╯_╰)╭ It always comes down to vanity.

I agree that the system could possibly be exploited to high hell if it was a free for all. With the right checks in place, however, I think that problem could be avoided? Such as:
  • Gem-only/exorbitant amount of treasure purchase. Provided the cost is high enough (1000+ gems or 500k treasure, perhaps?), the benefits gained from being in a dominant flight would be considerably lowered. A 10% discount for marketplace items is a nice bonus, but you would need to make a fair amount of purchases to offset that. As somebody else mentioned, gems are not readily available for everybody, but... I suppose with enough saving up, it could be possible.
  • Limited amount of flight changes. This could go one of two ways, the first being a one-time only option to change, the second being a cool down period before a user can decide to switch once more. The first would not be my optimal situation, personally, but I would be equally ecstatic just to have this option to put in effect. Ideally, I would enjoy a limit to change only once every three-to-six months. It gives leeway for changing tastes, or, as would likely be my case, indecisive minds.
  • Flight benefit suspension period -- in other words, negating any monetary or item bonuses a user might receive from switching flights. A user would be unable to take part in flight dominance for their new flight until that period is over. I would suggest them having to continue playing the team (so to speak) for their previous flight, but I feel like that could get very complicated, very quickly. It would almost entirely negate the ability to misuse the system for fun and profit in a short-term setting. For long term... eh? That's hard to say.

I'm sure there are many other options to help prevent any horror scenarios, but those are the few I can think of off the top of my head. I am just desperate to be able to switch, and would gladly be willing to give up a few other things in exchange for this ability. I also realize this would probably not be on the top of the to-do list, but maybe... just maybe down the road. A man can dream.
I really, really support this! I hadn't quite known what choosing a clan would all entail when i initially signed up, and hadn't thought too much about it.
While the users of Plague Flight have been perfectly friendly (and users in general seem to be on FR, haha), but the aesthetic portion that entails with being from Plague has been bothering me. ╮(╯_╰)╭ It always comes down to vanity.

I agree that the system could possibly be exploited to high hell if it was a free for all. With the right checks in place, however, I think that problem could be avoided? Such as:
  • Gem-only/exorbitant amount of treasure purchase. Provided the cost is high enough (1000+ gems or 500k treasure, perhaps?), the benefits gained from being in a dominant flight would be considerably lowered. A 10% discount for marketplace items is a nice bonus, but you would need to make a fair amount of purchases to offset that. As somebody else mentioned, gems are not readily available for everybody, but... I suppose with enough saving up, it could be possible.
  • Limited amount of flight changes. This could go one of two ways, the first being a one-time only option to change, the second being a cool down period before a user can decide to switch once more. The first would not be my optimal situation, personally, but I would be equally ecstatic just to have this option to put in effect. Ideally, I would enjoy a limit to change only once every three-to-six months. It gives leeway for changing tastes, or, as would likely be my case, indecisive minds.
  • Flight benefit suspension period -- in other words, negating any monetary or item bonuses a user might receive from switching flights. A user would be unable to take part in flight dominance for their new flight until that period is over. I would suggest them having to continue playing the team (so to speak) for their previous flight, but I feel like that could get very complicated, very quickly. It would almost entirely negate the ability to misuse the system for fun and profit in a short-term setting. For long term... eh? That's hard to say.

I'm sure there are many other options to help prevent any horror scenarios, but those are the few I can think of off the top of my head. I am just desperate to be able to switch, and would gladly be willing to give up a few other things in exchange for this ability. I also realize this would probably not be on the top of the to-do list, but maybe... just maybe down the road. A man can dream.
I completely understand the idea of a permanent choice, but Please, let there be a one time change for an account. And make It cost, that's perfectly fine. Maybe make the option to actually flight change not unlock untill after 3~ months or so even, so that the one that does It have had time to get into things a bit and make a much better, educated choice!
Or, If all else fails, I know the starting new nowdays lets you experience things a little bit before locking in? So let those that started before this change have a one time change? We didn't have that chance.

I was not in the beta of the site, but I was on the kickstarter, and I got in 3 days early. I regret my choice so much.... I was all new and blue and chose poorly... while I like the idea of Arcane, and my flight members are mostly great (most of FR are in fact), I HATE that we can only breed out own eyes in our lairs... I have almost stopped breeding alltogether, because I can't breed anything that looks great, the eyes of my flight look HORRIBLE with many of the colours I really like...
And on a breeding site, that is hampering, to say the least... At this rate, I'll just stop playing eventually, there is nothing for me to do here If I can't breed...
I completely understand the idea of a permanent choice, but Please, let there be a one time change for an account. And make It cost, that's perfectly fine. Maybe make the option to actually flight change not unlock untill after 3~ months or so even, so that the one that does It have had time to get into things a bit and make a much better, educated choice!
Or, If all else fails, I know the starting new nowdays lets you experience things a little bit before locking in? So let those that started before this change have a one time change? We didn't have that chance.

I was not in the beta of the site, but I was on the kickstarter, and I got in 3 days early. I regret my choice so much.... I was all new and blue and chose poorly... while I like the idea of Arcane, and my flight members are mostly great (most of FR are in fact), I HATE that we can only breed out own eyes in our lairs... I have almost stopped breeding alltogether, because I can't breed anything that looks great, the eyes of my flight look HORRIBLE with many of the colours I really like...
And on a breeding site, that is hampering, to say the least... At this rate, I'll just stop playing eventually, there is nothing for me to do here If I can't breed...
I think it should be something like the name change - you get one free chance, any changes after that will cost you - drastically more then it says there.

But instead of costing gems, it directly costs you money. Meaning if you're a tycoon on this site, you can't keep chancing back and forth with your dragons sold for gems to.. i don't know, spy on people.

Gives those that are incredibly unhappy with their flight a chance and hopefully prevents spies. Though a limit like - 1 chance per 6 months would be reasonable also.
I think it should be something like the name change - you get one free chance, any changes after that will cost you - drastically more then it says there.

But instead of costing gems, it directly costs you money. Meaning if you're a tycoon on this site, you can't keep chancing back and forth with your dragons sold for gems to.. i don't know, spy on people.

Gives those that are incredibly unhappy with their flight a chance and hopefully prevents spies. Though a limit like - 1 chance per 6 months would be reasonable also.
A0wrOTH.gif
I definitely support the flight change idea.
I was juggling between Ice and Water in the beginning, and chose Water.
So much regret. xD

I think, if it is possible, that maybe a good option would be one flight change, with the option to go BACK (not change it to what you want if you didn't like it, but an option to change back to the Flight you were before) if you did not like the decision or chose wrongly, again. I believe this one should be free, if not cheap.

In the end, if you really think about what perks you COULD get from changing your flight, they aren't much. Dominance? Psh. I've been in dominance and didn't even use my perks. And I'm always hungry for a bargain or gifts. In the end, it's mostly the eye color of your dragons that change, and the way you feel about your clan. I love Winter soooo much, and the cold air, frigid-ness of it all. So of course I love Ice and that is the only reason I want to change. I see no real 'perks', but that may just be me.
I definitely support the flight change idea.
I was juggling between Ice and Water in the beginning, and chose Water.
So much regret. xD

I think, if it is possible, that maybe a good option would be one flight change, with the option to go BACK (not change it to what you want if you didn't like it, but an option to change back to the Flight you were before) if you did not like the decision or chose wrongly, again. I believe this one should be free, if not cheap.

In the end, if you really think about what perks you COULD get from changing your flight, they aren't much. Dominance? Psh. I've been in dominance and didn't even use my perks. And I'm always hungry for a bargain or gifts. In the end, it's mostly the eye color of your dragons that change, and the way you feel about your clan. I love Winter soooo much, and the cold air, frigid-ness of it all. So of course I love Ice and that is the only reason I want to change. I see no real 'perks', but that may just be me.
swirly_divider_by_snowbellss-db6zlag.pnglight_potion_by_planet_spatulon-daiwulj.gifswirly_divider_flipped_by_snowbellss-db6zojy.png
Just doing a bit of Light alchemy...
Support, but I think that it should be similar to the username changing system where the first time is free, but after that becomes more expensive and less convenient. Combined with set times [such as a three-month wait period before you can do it] and other precautions to prevent the power from being abused, I think that a flight change opportunity is a great idea.
Support, but I think that it should be similar to the username changing system where the first time is free, but after that becomes more expensive and less convenient. Combined with set times [such as a three-month wait period before you can do it] and other precautions to prevent the power from being abused, I think that a flight change opportunity is a great idea.
Wait, is this supposed to be useful? Sorry... ~MCM
fr_forum_signature_banner__light_by_thestormunleashed-d68w70n.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24