Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello fellow humans!
Hello,

the Elf of the glowing river there (yep, I mean glowing, not shining, even if my English might not be as good as I'd like it to be). I'm as new to the Flight Rising as I am to neopronoun stuff (it kinda doesn't work in my first language), so I need some tips (about both, haha).

Anyway, I'm going with elf/ elfs pronoun, but they/ them is also ok if you don't like the neopronoun thing. I decided to go with the Nature Flight since - you know - elf thing. I think it matches my aesthetics. My plan for the Clan (or Lair?) is to go with ghost/ radioactive/ fairy theme, so I think I might need some breeding tips - the color genetics is kinda confusing for me yet. I mean, any other tips and tricks for breeding and for having a good time here is more than welcome here.

I couldn't help but notice there was some roleplaying space here as well which I'm pretty content with. I'll read some of your posts there and maybe post some of mine stuff too? Not sure about my linguistic and/ or social skills tho haha. But here I am, writing this post so I guess it's good enough for a start?

Please provide me with some tips and secret knowledge you earned over time. And if you have a themed dragon collection please share with me so I can admire your aesthetics!

Hello,

the Elf of the glowing river there (yep, I mean glowing, not shining, even if my English might not be as good as I'd like it to be). I'm as new to the Flight Rising as I am to neopronoun stuff (it kinda doesn't work in my first language), so I need some tips (about both, haha).

Anyway, I'm going with elf/ elfs pronoun, but they/ them is also ok if you don't like the neopronoun thing. I decided to go with the Nature Flight since - you know - elf thing. I think it matches my aesthetics. My plan for the Clan (or Lair?) is to go with ghost/ radioactive/ fairy theme, so I think I might need some breeding tips - the color genetics is kinda confusing for me yet. I mean, any other tips and tricks for breeding and for having a good time here is more than welcome here.

I couldn't help but notice there was some roleplaying space here as well which I'm pretty content with. I'll read some of your posts there and maybe post some of mine stuff too? Not sure about my linguistic and/ or social skills tho haha. But here I am, writing this post so I guess it's good enough for a start?

Please provide me with some tips and secret knowledge you earned over time. And if you have a themed dragon collection please share with me so I can admire your aesthetics!

@Nietopelf Welcome to fr! I've discovered this site is one of the most welcoming and kindest to newbie players I've ever been on so I'm sure you'll love it here. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I'm willing to try and help with whatever you need.

I don't really know many breeding tips really. Hatchlings have a chance of inheriting either parents genes, but there are some that are rarer than others, and the more common ones will show in hatchlings more often. Colours I'm still a little confused on too, but basically if you look at the colour options fr has in morphology, a hatchling can be any colour that comes in between the parents colours on the list. If that makes sense.

Also if you're still looking for more dragons, I have some available that you can check out on this forum post for free. I don't know if they'll fit your aesthetic, but I add new hatchlings regularly.
@Nietopelf Welcome to fr! I've discovered this site is one of the most welcoming and kindest to newbie players I've ever been on so I'm sure you'll love it here. I don't know all the ins and outs, but I'm willing to try and help with whatever you need.

I don't really know many breeding tips really. Hatchlings have a chance of inheriting either parents genes, but there are some that are rarer than others, and the more common ones will show in hatchlings more often. Colours I'm still a little confused on too, but basically if you look at the colour options fr has in morphology, a hatchling can be any colour that comes in between the parents colours on the list. If that makes sense.

Also if you're still looking for more dragons, I have some available that you can check out on this forum post for free. I don't know if they'll fit your aesthetic, but I add new hatchlings regularly.
ShadowMermaid -> StarlightMermaid
XsyYMAb.png
Check out my Adoptable tab for dragons free to good homes
I've started a 100 Hatchlings Challenge! Oops, here's another!
@Nietopelf they there! welcome! Hope you like it here, feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

Do you have any specifi question about breeding? Maybe I can help, its the main thing I do here, mostly for fun

The neopronouns are fine! For me at least. They aren't common at all in my native language either but I think most people here are friendly to the concept (I hope!). maybe list them in your bio if you wish!

And a tip: If you want more dragons, you can check out the Raffles & Giveaways and Dragon Trading forums, some people give away dragons there on adoption threads!

(I too have my own free dragons thread if you want to check it out!)
@Nietopelf they there! welcome! Hope you like it here, feel free to ask if you have any questions :)

Do you have any specifi question about breeding? Maybe I can help, its the main thing I do here, mostly for fun

The neopronouns are fine! For me at least. They aren't common at all in my native language either but I think most people here are friendly to the concept (I hope!). maybe list them in your bio if you wish!

And a tip: If you want more dragons, you can check out the Raffles & Giveaways and Dragon Trading forums, some people give away dragons there on adoption threads!

(I too have my own free dragons thread if you want to check it out!)
GJ4HbdE.gif
Welcome to FR! I'll send over some items to help you get started- check the Crossroads.
Welcome to FR! I'll send over some items to help you get started- check the Crossroads.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
Hi there and welcome to Flight Rising!! I've been here 8+ years and still having fun!! I hope you have a blast :D

LOVE your aesthetic, that will be a lot of fun to put together.

First Tip: FR is VAST!!! It wasn't so when I started playing, but it is now.

Whatever interests you might have, you'll mostly find someone here with the same interests.

Beyond breeding and feeding...
...there's a hugely active Arts community
...there's also a hugely active Discord community with all kinds of connections you can make
...there are monthly Festivals where you can participate in Games, obtain art of your dragons, and learn cool things about the other Flights
...lots of RPG opportunities
...an active writer's community
...and the Forums are top!! Everyone is so willing to help new players with absolutely anything!!
...for new players, there are mentoring opportunities, food kitchens, free dragons everywhere
...Nature Flight is very active and their Festival is in May, so if you want to get involved with the planning, you'd surely be welcome!! (I'm not in Nature, I'm in Wind, but my sis in is Nature, so I know some things, lol)

You can PM me any time; I've mentored a lot of new players and helped them find their 'feet', so to speak, the sweet spot that makes you happy on FR so that you want to come back and play!!

You can PM me any time about any subject, and if I can't answer, I'll find you someone who can!!

Cheers and Welcome!!

BunnySox
Hi there and welcome to Flight Rising!! I've been here 8+ years and still having fun!! I hope you have a blast :D

LOVE your aesthetic, that will be a lot of fun to put together.

First Tip: FR is VAST!!! It wasn't so when I started playing, but it is now.

Whatever interests you might have, you'll mostly find someone here with the same interests.

Beyond breeding and feeding...
...there's a hugely active Arts community
...there's also a hugely active Discord community with all kinds of connections you can make
...there are monthly Festivals where you can participate in Games, obtain art of your dragons, and learn cool things about the other Flights
...lots of RPG opportunities
...an active writer's community
...and the Forums are top!! Everyone is so willing to help new players with absolutely anything!!
...for new players, there are mentoring opportunities, food kitchens, free dragons everywhere
...Nature Flight is very active and their Festival is in May, so if you want to get involved with the planning, you'd surely be welcome!! (I'm not in Nature, I'm in Wind, but my sis in is Nature, so I know some things, lol)

You can PM me any time; I've mentored a lot of new players and helped them find their 'feet', so to speak, the sweet spot that makes you happy on FR so that you want to come back and play!!

You can PM me any time about any subject, and if I can't answer, I'll find you someone who can!!

Cheers and Welcome!!

BunnySox