Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Talking to Strangers (Game for Newbies)
1 2 3
I want to get to know the community, so I suggest we play a little game. (If this belongs in Forum Games, I apologize. I thought it would be more relevant in Introductions.)

The concept is chatting about mundane things that don't necessarily warrant their own threads. But "mundane" doesn't have to be "boring"!

How do you play? Answer a question from the person above you, then ask a question for the next person who posts to answer.

The real fun begins when we have a good number of questions. As long as you answer the question of the person directly above you, you can answer any number of other questions that have previously been asked.

For example, if the user above me has posted, "Cake or pie, and why?" I will ping said user and answer "Cake, because pie crust is bland," and then end my post with the question, "Have you ever shoplifted?" The next person to post will have to ping me with their answer to my question (they can additionally choose to do so for any questions asked before mine), and then write their own question.

(To "ping" someone, type their username with an "@" symbol before it somewhere in your post.)

The idea is for newbies and anyone looking for friends to have little icebreakers and form connections with people based on things they personally, genuinely want to know.

To start, I will ask: Would you rather burn your nation's flag or suffer third-degree burns?
I want to get to know the community, so I suggest we play a little game. (If this belongs in Forum Games, I apologize. I thought it would be more relevant in Introductions.)

The concept is chatting about mundane things that don't necessarily warrant their own threads. But "mundane" doesn't have to be "boring"!

How do you play? Answer a question from the person above you, then ask a question for the next person who posts to answer.

The real fun begins when we have a good number of questions. As long as you answer the question of the person directly above you, you can answer any number of other questions that have previously been asked.

For example, if the user above me has posted, "Cake or pie, and why?" I will ping said user and answer "Cake, because pie crust is bland," and then end my post with the question, "Have you ever shoplifted?" The next person to post will have to ping me with their answer to my question (they can additionally choose to do so for any questions asked before mine), and then write their own question.

(To "ping" someone, type their username with an "@" symbol before it somewhere in your post.)

The idea is for newbies and anyone looking for friends to have little icebreakers and form connections with people based on things they personally, genuinely want to know.

To start, I will ask: Would you rather burn your nation's flag or suffer third-degree burns?
@DeathHugs aw heck this is neat why hasn't anyone replied to this xD

Question about the game: can someone who's already replied in the thread comment again? If so I'll probably be doing that haha (maybe like hafta wait 3 comments or something? I dunno)

... hhmmmm I would.. probably definitely burn my nations flag xD *cough* iliveinamerica *cough*

Okay, hmm.. OOOOHH this is so random,

If you were to build a treehouse what would it look like? :) - or if you wouldn't want a treehouse, why?

Lol I wanted something that shows more personality from people/ likes vs dislikes but this is fun xD

My answer: oh i was not prepared to answer my own question at all- uHHHhh.. Okay,
  • it would be in a hUge tree (but that's very sturdy)
  • a bunch of twisty stairs going around the tree
  • The whole theme would be sort of like a vintage coffee shop? XD
  • a ton of relaxing abstract artwork hung up inside
  • a huge long desk with candles/ light source somehow
  • a really moody, candle lit, calm atmosphere
  • There's incense and it smells aMAZING (maybe like... maple lol)
  • a ton of birdfeeders outside
  • like a roof porch thing where you can watch the stars!!!
  • themed wooden boxes/ shelves with books + art supplies
  • idk, honestly
  • OOOOH LOTTTTSS OF FLOWERS LIKE HYDRANGEAS (?) AND STUFF-

thx for reading xD

@DeathHugs aw heck this is neat why hasn't anyone replied to this xD

Question about the game: can someone who's already replied in the thread comment again? If so I'll probably be doing that haha (maybe like hafta wait 3 comments or something? I dunno)

... hhmmmm I would.. probably definitely burn my nations flag xD *cough* iliveinamerica *cough*

Okay, hmm.. OOOOHH this is so random,

If you were to build a treehouse what would it look like? :) - or if you wouldn't want a treehouse, why?

Lol I wanted something that shows more personality from people/ likes vs dislikes but this is fun xD

My answer: oh i was not prepared to answer my own question at all- uHHHhh.. Okay,
  • it would be in a hUge tree (but that's very sturdy)
  • a bunch of twisty stairs going around the tree
  • The whole theme would be sort of like a vintage coffee shop? XD
  • a ton of relaxing abstract artwork hung up inside
  • a huge long desk with candles/ light source somehow
  • a really moody, candle lit, calm atmosphere
  • There's incense and it smells aMAZING (maybe like... maple lol)
  • a ton of birdfeeders outside
  • like a roof porch thing where you can watch the stars!!!
  • themed wooden boxes/ shelves with books + art supplies
  • idk, honestly
  • OOOOH LOTTTTSS OF FLOWERS LIKE HYDRANGEAS (?) AND STUFF-

thx for reading xD

She/Her | Artwork

LEpJMnn.png rolz5s9.png
BT1N47G.pngLRdLP2V.pngmlHpBMC.png

OpalTitanium
@OpalTitanium

I'd build the tree house on the tallest and sturdiest tree I could find
Throw in a lot of plants, plantsplantsplants and more plants, a lot of plants
Basically just make it a greenhouse, but like

In a tree
Hanging ferns, put a couple of birdhouses around here and there, a dish that could act as a bird bath, a balcony, and some bird feeders

Preferably smaller but not so much were it's cramped, and maybe have it bridge between other trees in the area ^^

did I mention plants?

What do you like to do in your freetime, and why? vv
@OpalTitanium

I'd build the tree house on the tallest and sturdiest tree I could find
Throw in a lot of plants, plantsplantsplants and more plants, a lot of plants
Basically just make it a greenhouse, but like

In a tree
Hanging ferns, put a couple of birdhouses around here and there, a dish that could act as a bird bath, a balcony, and some bird feeders

Preferably smaller but not so much were it's cramped, and maybe have it bridge between other trees in the area ^^

did I mention plants?

What do you like to do in your freetime, and why? vv
pP5fzwN.pngo326-d04-Novrre.pnggqJ4eXf.pngoc2c0zG.png5IkBHkU.pngftUwLwZ.pngo326-d01-Novrre.png.
Formerly Novrre!

Accent Shop
F2U Codes
She/Her
Fr+3
Oh I love this idea so much!

@Pepgarr "What do you like to do in your freetime, and why?"

Im not a particularly social or active person (although i'd assume this is the case for most people on this site?) so most of my free time is either spent playing games like pokemon or animal crossing, or watching youthbe videos of *other* people playing games like pokemon, but i've been trying to get into new things like MTG, DND, and most recently trying to learn how to draw! Although that can be, uh, frustrating at times

@OpalTitanium "If you were to build a treehouse what would it look like? :) - or if you wouldn't want a treehouse, why?"

Its pretty basic, but I would want a small and cozy little room where I could curl up with a pillow and blankets and just kinda.. exist outside whenever I need some quiet or space for myself. Nothing to big or complicated, probably not even too many decorations really, just small, warm, safe, and cozy :)

As for my question.. whats one superpower you would love to have, and whats a super power you would absolutely *hate* having? I feel like thats a little bit more interesting than the usual superpower question!
Oh I love this idea so much!

Im not a particularly social or active person (although i'd assume this is the case for most people on this site?) so most of my free time is either spent playing games like pokemon or animal crossing, or watching youthbe videos of *other* people playing games like pokemon, but i've been trying to get into new things like MTG, DND, and most recently trying to learn how to draw! Although that can be, uh, frustrating at times

@OpalTitanium "If you were to build a treehouse what would it look like? :) - or if you wouldn't want a treehouse, why?"

Its pretty basic, but I would want a small and cozy little room where I could curl up with a pillow and blankets and just kinda.. exist outside whenever I need some quiet or space for myself. Nothing to big or complicated, probably not even too many decorations really, just small, warm, safe, and cozy :)

As for my question.. whats one superpower you would love to have, and whats a super power you would absolutely *hate* having? I feel like thats a little bit more interesting than the usual superpower question!
Hmm, seems interesting, so I'll join ^^

@RoyalMishap "whats one superpower you would love to have, and whats a superpower you would absolutely *hate* having?"

I would LOVE having is knowing everything.
The reason is simple; it would help benefit those with illnesses we currently don't have a cure to. Sure, I might no longer be able to be surprised, but it's worth sacrificing something if it means helping someone else.

A power I'd hate to have? Telepathy. Not telekinesis, that's another I'd love.
I'd prefer not knowing other's thoughts, like what they ate today, who they fantasize about/what they fantasize about, and uh, other things.

My question to you:

Would you rather sacrifice everyone to save yourself, or yourself to save everyone? Be honest.
Hmm, seems interesting, so I'll join ^^

@RoyalMishap "whats one superpower you would love to have, and whats a superpower you would absolutely *hate* having?"

I would LOVE having is knowing everything.
The reason is simple; it would help benefit those with illnesses we currently don't have a cure to. Sure, I might no longer be able to be surprised, but it's worth sacrificing something if it means helping someone else.

A power I'd hate to have? Telepathy. Not telekinesis, that's another I'd love.
I'd prefer not knowing other's thoughts, like what they ate today, who they fantasize about/what they fantasize about, and uh, other things.

My question to you:

Would you rather sacrifice everyone to save yourself, or yourself to save everyone? Be honest.
Hello~Pladge-42.png
@Erythery "Would you rather sacrifice everyone to save yourself, or sacrifice yourself for everyone else?"

Deep down, I believe that I would rather put myself in the line of fire than see someone else suffer, either physically or emotionally. I am just a people-pleaser that I'd rather give up my own wishes and desires to avoid upsetting someone, even if it hurts me by not standing up for myself.

I'm getting better at it, but there you go, that's my answer :)

@Pepgarr "What do you do in your free time, and why?"

Write and draw, mostly. I'm writing a book series as we speak, and either writing or working on other aspects of the worldbuilding process for that and other stories takes up even a lot of my attention when I'm not free.

I once went on a youth trip as a sponsor and one of the girls asked me how I could just stare out the window and not be bored. Honestly, my brain's not in this world anymore, it's slipped into my own... :)

And now for my own question: What's something you did even though it seemed terrifying, and then you found that you enjoyed it afterwards?
@Erythery "Would you rather sacrifice everyone to save yourself, or sacrifice yourself for everyone else?"

Deep down, I believe that I would rather put myself in the line of fire than see someone else suffer, either physically or emotionally. I am just a people-pleaser that I'd rather give up my own wishes and desires to avoid upsetting someone, even if it hurts me by not standing up for myself.

I'm getting better at it, but there you go, that's my answer :)

@Pepgarr "What do you do in your free time, and why?"

Write and draw, mostly. I'm writing a book series as we speak, and either writing or working on other aspects of the worldbuilding process for that and other stories takes up even a lot of my attention when I'm not free.

I once went on a youth trip as a sponsor and one of the girls asked me how I could just stare out the window and not be bored. Honestly, my brain's not in this world anymore, it's slipped into my own... :)

And now for my own question: What's something you did even though it seemed terrifying, and then you found that you enjoyed it afterwards?
(Am I allowed to bump? I love the idea of this thread and want to see if it can keep going)
(Am I allowed to bump? I love the idea of this thread and want to see if it can keep going)
@BurningStars98 What's something you did even though it seemed terrifying, and then you found that you enjoyed it afterwards?

When I was in high school, I asked my crush to Homecoming! It was the most terrifying thing I'd ever done. I was worried that it would screw up our friendship. Luckily, he liked me too, and said yes. :)
I think the most important part of that experience was that when I liked a guy in college, it was much easier to ask him out because I knew I could do it. And now I'm engaged to the guy who I met in college!

I like to program videogames!
Games I've made: https://julie-bodette.itch.io/
I've also recently learned to crochet, and I'm making a cardigan.

Edit: I almost forgot to add a question!

What is your favorite book and/or movie, and why?
@BurningStars98 What's something you did even though it seemed terrifying, and then you found that you enjoyed it afterwards?

When I was in high school, I asked my crush to Homecoming! It was the most terrifying thing I'd ever done. I was worried that it would screw up our friendship. Luckily, he liked me too, and said yes. :)
I think the most important part of that experience was that when I liked a guy in college, it was much easier to ask him out because I knew I could do it. And now I'm engaged to the guy who I met in college!

I like to program videogames!
Games I've made: https://julie-bodette.itch.io/
I've also recently learned to crochet, and I'm making a cardigan.

Edit: I almost forgot to add a question!

What is your favorite book and/or movie, and why?
tDeKDnH.png
Lets add onto this shall we! I'm also fairly new to this site, so im excited to see all the cool people replying! :3

- I love writing stories! I also play a WoW and a lot of other video games. There's just something about a good story that really pulls me in.

- I've given this a lot of thought and I think a cool power to have would be to fill things. I mean just think about the possibilities!!! I could fill bank accounts, gas tanks, popcorn buckets, cups, garden plots, etc! Perhaps even the bladders of my enemies! Mwhahahaha >;P

Something I'd hate to have as a power would be invisibility because I often already feel that way and to be completely unseen at my whim....seems like a waste ;;

@epicpython "What is your favorite book and/or movie and why?"
- Well this one is a toughie because I love stories and those are SO GOOD. I think if I had to choose though, my favorite book is called Everyday by David Levithan. Its a romance with a bit of mystery and I highly recommend it.

Movies though, I really just like animated films. Studio Ghibli films are about as narrow as I can get on that. WATCH WATCH WATCH if you haven't :D

Now that I have rambled, lets get my question out there.

"What do you think people automatically assume about you when they look at you...and why?"
Lets add onto this shall we! I'm also fairly new to this site, so im excited to see all the cool people replying! :3

- I love writing stories! I also play a WoW and a lot of other video games. There's just something about a good story that really pulls me in.

- I've given this a lot of thought and I think a cool power to have would be to fill things. I mean just think about the possibilities!!! I could fill bank accounts, gas tanks, popcorn buckets, cups, garden plots, etc! Perhaps even the bladders of my enemies! Mwhahahaha >;P

Something I'd hate to have as a power would be invisibility because I often already feel that way and to be completely unseen at my whim....seems like a waste ;;

@epicpython "What is your favorite book and/or movie and why?"
- Well this one is a toughie because I love stories and those are SO GOOD. I think if I had to choose though, my favorite book is called Everyday by David Levithan. Its a romance with a bit of mystery and I highly recommend it.

Movies though, I really just like animated films. Studio Ghibli films are about as narrow as I can get on that. WATCH WATCH WATCH if you haven't :D

Now that I have rambled, lets get my question out there.

"What do you think people automatically assume about you when they look at you...and why?"
Hey there folks, I've only been here a month and would love to get to know someone here!

@thatgaypuppy I feel like people assume I'm either really tired or just a ornery person, I kind of just have one of those faces and my sleep schudule has been all over the place since I can remember.

@Pepgarr that can be anything from reading, playing videos games, writing and I have also taken up drawing recently.

Now for my question: I always see lots of interesting usernames and a lot of the time they have a story behind them. Do you have a story behind yours, if so do mind sharing?
Hey there folks, I've only been here a month and would love to get to know someone here!

@thatgaypuppy I feel like people assume I'm either really tired or just a ornery person, I kind of just have one of those faces and my sleep schudule has been all over the place since I can remember.

@Pepgarr that can be anything from reading, playing videos games, writing and I have also taken up drawing recently.

Now for my question: I always see lots of interesting usernames and a lot of the time they have a story behind them. Do you have a story behind yours, if so do mind sharing?
1 2 3